Create Account

Co-Commish / 2 Year Anniversary Presser
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 09:16 AM by Patty.)

WC: 730

Hi hi!  
I'm the new Co-Commisioner ask me anything!  I'll come back this evening to answer questions Smile

Quote:Sup

do you think you'll ever live up to the standard set by the greatest co-commish in the history of the shl (me)?

remember that time you mis-read a dm from me and i got banned because of it? good times

@Ragnar

yo yo yo, to be honest I'll probably spend the first season or 2 settling into the role but hopefully one day I can stand up there with the greats.  I do remember that, probably want that one to go differently if I could do it over.  That said we really upped gnomedab as a meme so not the worst collab.

Quote:What are the three digits on the back of your credit card?

@ajwllmsn

the SHL gold credit card doesn't have numbers.

Quote:Hi Patty Blush what's been your favourite shl memory so far?

@leafsftw1967

wew what a question.  Pretty hard to not go with one of my first memories, winning the 4-Star in S55.  That run was so fun and our group became so close during that time, it really sucked me into the site.  Not to mention it was the start of our Newfoundland dynasty.  Dancing Clean.
I think I need to mention going to Atlanta here too.  At the time of that expansion draft I hadn't left my little Newfoundland/ Chicago bubble hardly at all.  But Hotdog picking me after suffering though my podcast with Nhamlet cause Chicago didn't allow him to interview me, really gave me a lot of respect for how serious he was about building the team.  And it was great to get to know more of the guys around site that I may not have interacted with otherwise.  Probably not the path I would have chosen for myself but really was a blessing getting all those new friends. 

Quote:why did you want to do this to yourself?

what should I drink tonight?

@sköldpaddor

I think coming up in the site with @SDCore as maybe my biggest mentor has really broken something in my brain.  HO can be a pain in the ass at times but i've had an amazing experience with this site.  At a time in the world and my life that could have easily been extremely, extremely shitty I gained a supportive group of friends and a escape.  I really can't imagine my last 2 years without this place and I want to do what I can so it can continue to better the lives of the people here. 

I'd go wine or shitty beer

Quote::Interview: wen ban ham for chest?

@JNH

We're currently still working on banning ham thighs, can't really get a handle on how powerful they are.  Once we finish that undertaking we can look at doing something about ham chest

Quote:Patty Wrote:
Hi hi! 
I'm the new Co-Commisioner

Gotem.

@Mike Izzy

shitty spelling is a proud Co-Commish tradition I will work hard to uphold  Cool

Quote:How does this make you feel?

How long do you think you will keep this job (voluntarily)?

@Carpy48

I've got some heavy imposter syndrome at the moment honestly.  Seeing the work SD did as commissioner and what Luke and Tommy did as Co makes it feel pretty daunting.  That said i'm going to struggle through and do my best.

Lol I plan on doing it for a long time so hopefully I don't suck.  I did start a new job recently so it will depend on how that's going as well.  love ya carp

Quote:Can you name three Canadian provinces?

@Sburbine

Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Quebec

Quote:When will you delete this league?

@brickwall35

Once I get St. Louis to the big leagues and they win 10 Cups in a row my work here will be done and we can close shop.

Quote:Seriously, how do you keep the ball on your hood?

@Dangles13

Dribbling is a lot about managing your speed and getting the right first touch.  Like with hockey it's good to think a move ahead.  What can I do after this touch.

Quote:Rhetorical question:

Why hate Kroenkie?

@Geekusoid

I had to watch Austin Davis play QB

Quote:Why?

@LordBirdman

Just out here cementing the legacy of SFP class of S53

Quote:Are you still planning to normalize ketchup pasta :tytorch:

@Tylar

Ketchup pasta references are ban on sight going forward.  This change will be reflected in the rulebook soon

Quote:Is the league growing or slowly dying?

@HabsFanFromOntario

I think the league as a whole is somewhat stagnant at the moment.  We had a large bump from COVID and cross sim recruiting the last year or so.  We need to find new recruiting avenues and address parity to hopefully get the league to a steady growth pace again.

Quote:If you could make a change with no resistance from anyone in the league or league management, what would you change about the SHL?

@DrunkenTeddy

Wew big question.  I've said before I think the ideal career length is around 2 years for a player.  Getting down to that would be a massive shift in how a lot of things work on the site.  PTs would probably have to worth a lot more, the way we sim would have to change.  It would have to be a lot of big fundamental shifts.  Which in the end may wind up not being an improvement lol.  But if I could snap my fingers and have all the systems that would need reworking be perfect, that would be my thing.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 03:37 PM by Ragnar.)

Sup

do you think you'll ever live up to the standard set by the greatest co-commish in the history of the shl (me)?

remember that time you mis-read a dm from me and i got banned because of it? good times

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

What are the three digits on the back of your credit card?

Hi Patty Blush what's been your favourite shl memory so far?

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

why did you want to do this to yourself?

what should I drink tonight?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Interview wen ban ham for chest?

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

01-21-2022, 02:55 PMPatty Wrote: Hi hi!  
I'm the new Co-Commisioner

Gotem.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

How does this make you feel?

How long do you think you will keep this job (voluntarily)?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Can you name three Canadian provinces?

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

When will you delete this league?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Seriously, how do you keep the ball on your hood?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Rhetorical question:

Why hate Kroenkie?

Why?

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Are you still planning to normalize ketchup pasta :tytorch:

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Is the league growing or slowly dying?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]