Create Account

An Apology

Did someone thread team this yet?

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

01-22-2022, 09:07 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Copypastas are the lowest form of comedy.

shortest RED message ever

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

01-23-2022, 03:20 PMRagnar Wrote:
01-23-2022, 02:41 PMMerica Wrote: Bro, I’ve been on this site for six years. I’ve served in the HO. I’ve served on various committees. I’ve created over two hundred hours of podcasts for the site and written a ton of articles for the teams I’ve been on. I have contributed my fair share. I don’t need your patronizing, condescending ass to lecture me and tell me how thankful I should be. I will continue to feel free to react to league announcements however I see fit. You can feel free to keep yammering away at how I should be on my knees thanking the lord I get to enjoy the bountiful harvest of the SHL. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here. I owe nothing but whatever time I feel like contributing, which is increasingly less and less.

That’s it, I’m done. Fuck this chat. It’s devolved into a mass of stupid copy pastes and face spam. The quality of discord chat has been declining for a while, but this is the last straw. That’s it. I’m done. I’m uninstalling the internet, chopping off my dick and moving to fucking Antarctica, at least the bacteria there will be fucking smarter discourse.

was offended beyond reparation. That was a demeaning comment that ultimately makes me feel as if I'm considered a joke because I live my life in pursuit of what ultimately makes me happy. I love sports and live my life through them by reporting on them daily. What drives me is the ultimate payoff of one day seeing my team win it all, or at least seeing the happiness in someone's face when they win it.

I am not looking for an apology, and I refuse to apologize. I have no reason for being diminished in that way. I have no reason to be treated like I'm less of a human for my fanhood. I have no reason to be told I cannot hope. I hope you all understand, I have a right to my happiness just as you do. If you want to step on my toes, I will fight back.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

01-23-2022, 01:56 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: This pretty much just boils down to two things.

Apologies are cool and all, this one is weird since it's more justification and not really talking specifically about acknowledging gaps in knowledge that led to mistakes, but it all doesn't matter until a pattern of behaviour exists that demonstrates growth.

The people doing the whole "copypastas are the lowest form of comedy" deal are just proving that copypastas are the lowest form of comedy.
This pretty much just boils down to two things.

Apologies are cool and all, this one is weird since it's more justification and not really talking specifically about acknowledging gaps in knowledge that led to mistakes, but it all doesn't matter until a pattern of behaviour exists that demonstrates growth.

The people doing the whole "copypastas are the lowest form of comedy" deal are just proving that copypastas are the lowest form of comedy.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

I really like copypastas. I can truly appreciate the amount of creativity nestled into a big blob of text and recognize how artistic it really is. If you don’t know what a copypasta is, it comes from the phrase “copy and paste” which in computer terms refers to selecting an element (most likely a large paragraph of text that is most likely senseless and rather lengthy) and then either right clicking with the mouse and selecting copy, or by using the keyboard and pressing Ctrl and C. Ctrl is the control key, and this is found on the bottom left corner of your keyboard, or even on the bottom right corner underneath your shift key. After the element has been copied, it is then pasted wherever the user desires by either right clicking the mouse and selecting paste, or by pressing the Ctrl key and V. Copypastas can range from being very inappropriate, touching on subjects that are considered taboo by the status quo, or they can be more appropriate and able to be spread across organizations that don’t tolerate inappropriate topics but are able to appreciate a good laugh at a good, family friendly copypasta! The internet is surely a very beautiful and redeeming place!

this only proves my theory that im the only real one here and the rest of you are played by one guy in new jersey

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-23-2022, 05:45 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: this only proves my theory that im the only real one here and the rest of you are played by one guy in new jersey

@bluesfan55

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

01-23-2022, 01:42 PMplatanocat Wrote: As a japanese american this whole thread was an excellent morning read. 
Dude  mistakenly assumed an offensive caricature. He apologized. Get over yourselves. Hot damn.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. This whole thread is reeks of what I like to call Twitter Activism. I've talked about it candidly before but goddamn does it get tiring. I get it, offensive stereotypes suck. We should all aspire to be better people and understand the plight of others. But this is a lot of people getting whipped up over something just to be angry. Publicly crucifying someone and showing off their level of morals is fucking dumb. Accept the apology and do something that really helps fix these injustices. Talls probably should have went to each person that was upset and apologized to them candidly. Because this whole multipage thread of condemning someone for a drunken mistake seems like a waste of time. 

https://www.advancingjustice-aajc.org/
https://stopaapihate.org/
https://asianpacificfund.org/make-an-imp...very-fund/
https://www.asianmhc.org/
https://www.redcanarysong.net/
https://www.iamwomankind.org/donate/
https://donorbox.org/aapi-women-lead

If you really want to make a difference, pick one of these, throw them some money, sign a petition, and save hate for people really holding people down.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

01-23-2022, 05:48 PMSlashACM Wrote:
01-23-2022, 05:45 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: this only proves my theory that im the only real one here and the rest of you are played by one guy in new jersey

@bluesfan55

i run this league and tampa has now earned my disdain for slandering the great state of new jersey

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I, slashacm, love the blues go blues

01-23-2022, 08:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
01-23-2022, 05:48 PMSlashACM Wrote: @bluesfan55

i run this league and tampa has now earned my disdain for slandering the great state of new jersey
you cant hurt us anymore than you already have

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

@Talls I heard you deleted the Anaheim political channel or at least made it private. Heard it kind of made your apology not an apology. You should tell us about it.

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

01-23-2022, 10:22 PMBuster Wrote: @Talls I heard you deleted the Anaheim political channel or at least made it private. Heard it kind of made your apology not an apology. You should tell us about it.
gotta be a level 3 japanese speaker to view that channel

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

01-23-2022, 10:22 PMBuster Wrote: @Talls I heard you deleted the Anaheim political channel or at least made it private. Heard it kind of made your apology not an apology. You should tell us about it.

I’m not sure what you mean. I’m in the ANA LR and the politics channel is still there. Doesn’t look like permissions have changed, either, since I can see it. Haha

01-23-2022, 11:27 PMGCool Wrote:

I’m not sure what you mean. I’m in the ANA LR and the politics channel is still there. Doesn’t look like permissions have changed, either, since I can see it. Haha
https://youtu.be/_asNhzXq72w

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]