Create Account

Hired: SHL All-Star Committee Members (4)
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 11:23 AM by JURT.)

Hello there,

The SHL All-Star Committee has FOUR openings right now!

Here's the job description for the role:

Tasks:
  • Voting on the All-Star Week-End host team, when the Week-End is hosted by an SMJHL Team (once every three seasons)
  • Voting on the All-Star Week-End logo, amongst submissions received for the Logo Contest.
  • Discussing and voting on the All-Star Game rosters.
  • Discussing and voting on the All-SMJHL end-of-the-season teams (All-Star team #1, All-Star team #2, All-Rookie team)
  • If needed and on a voluntary basis, helping with the All-Star Game file and broadcast.
  • Seasonal discussion on ways to improve the way the committee and its work.

Requirements:

• Submit mid-season All-Star Game Roster ballot
  • Submit end-of-season 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Team All-SHL ballot
  • Submit end-of-season All-Rookie ballot
  • Join All-Star Committee Discord server

Pay:
  • 3M$ at the end of every season: 1,5M$ for having submitted the All-Star Game ballots and 1,5M$ for the All-SHLTeams ballots

Applications:
To apply, DM me your answers to these questions on Discord (lespoils#4267) :

1. Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, a job on the site? If so, what were they?
  2. Why do you want to join the All-Star Committee?
  3. What makes you a good candidate for this job?
  4. What do you think makes an All-Star player?
  5. How would you choose who gets your last vote between two skater with almost identical stats? Two goalies?
  6. Is there anything else you want to add or ask me?

Please send your applications by Sunday, January 30th at 11:59 PM EST.
People who have sent me applications for the SMJHL All-Star Committee job openings need not fill the whole thing again, just ping me on Discord so I can acknowledge your interest. You are also welcome to add or ask anything you feel would be relevant.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

We have hires to announce!

@FuzzSHL will remain on the committee as a voting member, it will be good to have his experience to rely on.

@Bfine and @micool132 make the jump from the SMJHL All-Stars to SHL All-Stars, opening two more spots in the J committee to help restore a bit of balance in what was a committee almost entirely made of COL and NL people. More on that later.

Finally, because I keep hiring NL people for some reason, @HabsFanFromOntario is last but not least of this committee rebuild.

Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Image: lespoils.gif]