Create Account

S63 PT #2: Dress to in Press

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PROMPT 1- Your franchise's social media team came up to you with a short video they want to film and post on the team's twitter page, in which you will play a prank on a teammate by dressing as a reporter and asking them questions.

Written Task: You will be infiltrating a teammate's press conference as a reporter and asking questions to illicit the funniest answers for your team's twitter. Whose press conference is it, what do you ask, and how do they respond? Do you try to make them annoyed, laugh, cry, etc? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Depict this press conference for your team's twitter. Label the player being interviewed, your player posing as a reporter, and include 2 speech bubbles, one from your player with the question, and the other from the player giving an answer to it.

PROMPT 2- Maybe the social media team went with someone with a little more personality than you...

Written Task:  Play out an interview with your player and the press. You can switch between bold/italics and regular text to differentiate between the two parties involved. Ask any questions you think are relevant, it could be about a certain game, season, cup win, whatever you choose. Include your player's answers to the questions (150+ words).

Graphic Task:- Depict an interview with your player and the press. Include a question from the press (the press member might be offscreen) and the response from your player render. MUST include at least 30 words for questions/answers total.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, January 30rd at 11:59 CST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or that WSLB thing are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Pt PASS

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Code:
Written Task:  Play out an interview with your player and the press. You can switch between bold/italics and regular text to differentiate between the two parties involved. Ask any questions you think are relevant, it could be about a certain game, season, cup win, whatever you choose. Include your player's answers to the questions (150+ words).

In a sit down interview with Ben Jammin, legendary sports reporter Dan Murphy gets an exclusive chance to go 1 on 1 with the promising young defensemen who currently plays on the Kelowna Knights down in the juniors.

Dan Murphy: Ben, thank you for your time to sit down with me, firstly how has your time with Kelowna been?

Ben Jammin: Hi Dan, thanks for having me! I remember growing up watching you interview people so it feels surreal that I'm sitting across from you getting interviewed. I would say it has been interesting to say the least. I am grateful to have made the playoffs so far during my time in Kelowna, but us getting swept two seasons in a row during the second round of the playoffs has left a sour taste in my mouth and hopefully we can overcome that mountain this season.

Dan Murphy: Next up, what are your SHL career plans with the recent announcement that Inf1d3l has decided to step down as the MTL GM?

Ben Jammin: That is a tough one to answer Murph, was extremely excited to build a bright future in MTL with Inf and the rest of the young core, but with Inf stepping back from the league. My future is up in the air and I would have to have a private talk with the next MTL GM to see what would be best for both parties. I'm not entirely closing the door on MTL, but it has been a bit disheartening to see the franchise go through 4 GM's in only a few seasons since I came here during the expansion draft. 

(274 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 08:40 PM by ZootTX.)

I would pick my GM, AgentSmith, to interview. After all, what is more fun than pranking your boss? I’m pretty sure he would have a good sense of humor about it, otherwise I might be on the trade block. I wouldn’t ask him a single question about hockey, but about other random topics. For example, I’m really interested in whether he would rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck. Or what would he do with it if someone gave him a lion. I would make him say who his favorite player on the team is. Hopefully no one gets their feelings hurt by this line of questioning. The goal here is to see what kind of creative answers he could come up with on the fly, and to make him laugh. I’m not a jerk and I don’t want to see him cry. That’s reserved for after games we lose. Then crying is appropriate. I would also conduct this interview wearing a giant sombrero.

166 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Code:
Graphic Task:- Depict an interview with your player and the press. Include a question from the press (the press member might be offscreen) and the response from your player render. MUST include at least 30 words for questions/answers total.

[Image: IMG_0704.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Vaseline Podcalzone is usually not much of a prankster, but if he could attempt to do a little trolling on his teammates, he will gladly do so. He first asks Kermit Murphy "hey how do you get the beeg yoshi?", and then Kermit looks back at him and makes the iconic kermit shock face (you know, the one and only kermit shock face).

He then asks JURT (now JUST after his wedding with Gunnar over the off-season) if he wants pizza, in order to recreate the iconic image of JURT (now JUST) eating pizza during a postgame presser during the playoffs last season, when the Seattle Argonauts defeated the Calgary Dragons.

Finally, he will ask the legendary Liam Slate how he likes his noodles, an inside joke on the player's unique trait of dousing a bowl of Kraft Dinner macaroni and cheese with as much ketchup as you can possibly imagine. Slate looks back at him confused, but then gladly pulls out a bowl of ketchup noodles for everyone to see.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

#1: Valor usually does not like getting into her teammate’s heads, but when she does decide to add a little bit of spice onto her teammates, there’s a preferred style that she uses that never gets old and that it festers for many days. For example, she once asked teammate, #A-Rye Izzy, "why do you have a # in your name? Is your mom an IBM computer or something?!?" Another such example of Videl’s terror on her teammates was against Barry Batsbak, where she replaced all the reporters with recordings of the reporters on a couple of baseball bats, and Batsbak was confused, until they all start playing never gonna give you up, and Batsbak ran off the podium.
The final and probably the most evil prank was when she pranked Joseph Weston, and jumpscared him disguised as Kitty, the dragons famous pet tiger and mascot. Sometimes you have to troll your teammates to get them to respect you. (162 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Prompt 2

HOF Hockey Reporter: Did you think... <mumble> the last 2 years you've been amongst the tops in your division and you showed a lot of maturity but now you've lost a bunch of games in a row twice. Did you think your team was past that? Not getting into these long losing streaks?
Spack Jarrow: Sure. Yeah.

HOF Hockey Reporter: Uh... lots of reasons for why the Armada are playing the way they are in terms of winning and losing. What do you think is the number one reason for the losses now? Is... is there one thing in your own mind where you are saying 'we gotta get better at that'?
Spack Jarrow: Ye-yeah we have to get better at everything.

HOF Hockey Reporter: Would you like to expand on that?
Spack Jarrow: Nope. You can do that. You know everything.

HOF Hockey Reporter: Why are you so pissy Spack?
Spack Jarrow: Hmm?

HOF Hockey Reporter: Why are you so pissy?
Spack Jarrow: I'm not! I'm just answering your ques--

HOF Hockey Reporter: Yeah you are! Whenever I ask you a question.
Spack Jarrow: I gave you an answer.

HOF Hockey Reporter: Not very good one.
Spack Jarrow: OK.

HOF Hockey Reporter: I have one more for ya'. Spack, you are showing your frustration on the ice <heavy breath> last game against Nevada. Is that a good thing when you show it <mumble> the other team knows you are frustrated.
Spack Jarrow: Yeah, it's a great thing. For sure.

HOF Hockey Reporter: Good.
Spack Jarrow: Yep.

[ 310 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 11:28 PM by Keven.)

Prompt 2

Shl After 8 full seasons, we're back here again with an exclusive interview with San Francisco Pride forward Kev Kevens. It's been quite the journey since we last interviewed you. You've spent your entire career flying more or less under the radar, but now being just one season away from reaching your peak do you think you'll start to gain some traction in the eyes of the league?

pride Yes it sure has been quite the journey. It's odd to think of myself as being so close to the top of the league, but I've been putting in the time and effort to train and become one of the best. The realization really hits when I see myself playing on a line with two of the best players in the league. Also seeing some of my fellow S56 draftees climbing the ranks makes me realize I could easily be in their position very soon.

Shl We're almost 1/3 of the way into the season and the Pride still seem to be underperforming. With such a strong roster, do you see yourselves bouncing back in the coming weeks?

pride I think our record at this point just means we've had a difficult schedule. There have a been a few games so far that we probably should've won, but also plenty of games where we perform as expected. There are a lot of good teams in this league and they certainly don't go easy on us.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Prompt #1:

Ryosuke Sato got dressed up in his borrowed reporter gear from the Toronto North Stars media team, ready to get some good Twitter posts for the team social media team. And so, at the end of their latest game against the Winnipeg Aurora, the dubious defenseman snuck into the press conference on where Harry Carpet, the Toronto North Stars goaltender, was giving a press conference on their 3-0 shutout win against the Aurora. Carpet was talking about how no shutout comes easy and how they look to keep this great play between the pipes going, but then Sato with his attempt to get some juicy bits comes in. "So uh I know you have been playing well, but don't you have to give some credit to your defensemen, especially Sato who has over 60 blocks this season?" A bit puzzled at first if that was or was not Sato, Carpet answered the question as professionally as possible speaking highly of the defensemen. But then, Sato got more playful and said "yea this Sato kid is really hitting his stride, any chance you will swap positions for a night to see how it goes?" Catching on, Carpet plays along and said "yea if he can figure out how to put on all this gear, he can barely put his own equipment on despite wearing them every game!" They both have a good chuckle and the Twitter now highlights "Carpet and Sato speak of swapping positions for a night."

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

PROMPT 2:

Are you surprised by your team’s performance since the start of the season?
Honestly, I really didn’t expect us to be that good. I knew our team was quite young and that we would get better over the next few seasons, but I really didn’t expect us to start so strong and be one of the five best teams in the league.

Why do you think you were able to improve significantly this season?
I think it helped that a few of use have been playing with the Inferno for a couple of seasons now. We know each other quite well at this point and I finally translated on the ice where we are now able to predict more accurately what our teammates will do, and it led to a massive increase in team chemistry which mean we play better together and as a team.

Do you think Atlanta is now a serious contender?
I don’t think we are there yet, but I expect us to get there at some point in the next few seasons.

176 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Prompt 2

Quinn Boesersson: Hello Max, after seeing the Raptors go on such a hot start, what are your thoughts on the team?

Max Manning: Thanks for the question Quinn. I'm quite pleased with how the team has played so far, as a group there has been a very positive vibe in the locker room. Everyone knows what they need to do, and we have been winning games against good teams. I like our effort levels, and our continuous desire to win. We are feeling confident out on the ice and it has shown with our record and statistics.

Boesersson: Speaking of statistics, after a slight step back last season, how do you feel about your play this season?

Manning: Yeah, last year was definitely not ideal. I think I was getting the shots and opportunities, but sometimes passes just don't get on sticks and in net. I think with my offseason regiment, I've gotten stronger mentally and physically, while focusing on the smaller details. I am quite happy with how my season has gone so far, Hinata and Bangsa-Wamy are two really skilled players who can produce some offense. My goal is to help them out as much as I can.

Boesersson: Final question before we go, before the season, there were some doubts within the organization on Colorado being a playoff team? What do you think about that?

Manning: As long as I remain a member of this team, I won't let that happen. And besides Quinn, maybe ask a better question since we are guaranteed to make the playoffs in a 3 team division.

Media Manager: Ok, that is all the time for questions today. Next availability is still to be determined.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

PT Pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 12:57 AM by hockeyiscool.)

The teammate I choose to infiltrate as a reporter is for the party boy himself, Michael Fitted. First we start off with asking: How did the Fan trip experience go?
For those of you who didn't know the Tampa Bay Barracuda have been running a fundraiser and one of the major prizes is the ultimate fan experience which includes a night out with Michael Fitted, and Tampa Bay Barracuda Superfan James Harden. 
Michael Fitted responded: It was a blast, I hardly remember what happened. I just remember James Harden and the guy whose name I can't remember laughing hysterically, because I opened up the night with "I have a real hankerin' for some booger sugar." From there I think we ended up going to the club and needless to say we got low. 
Reporter: What has been your favorite thing about being in Tampa.
Fitted: You know, the community. The entertainment, the nightlife. Just a great thing for me at my stage of life.

[164 words]