Create Account

S63 PT #2: Dress to in Press
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 10:28 AM by DarkCanuck29.)

Prompt #2
Interviewer: This is looking to be your final season in Kelowna, yet it has started out slowly for you. Are you at all concerned?

Duncan Mackenzie: Concerned for the team? No. not at all. We have so many big players stepping up that I have no concerns with how we will do. For myself personally, yes I am a bit concerned. I was hoping to see more production and impact on the score sheet. I also have not been playing as physical as I was hoping to play. Ultimately, I am looking for more from myself.

Interviewer: You have been stripped of the "A" this year, with the captaincy burden resting with the younger generation. Did that sting and are you unhappy in Kelowna?

Oh god no. It makes perfect sense. These guys are so involved in the locker room and are the real leaders on the team. They absolutely deserve the captaincy and will be able to hold those positions for a few years. Honestly, I am disappointed not to be part of the leadership team, but at the same time I completely recognize that I have not done enough in that room to deserve it. Mentally, maybe I am already halfway out the door to Calgary. Their management team puts a lot of effort into their prospects and it can make it difficult to focus 100% on Kelowna.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Rhys, how are you fitting in to Seattle so far?
It's been a dream scenario so far to be honest. It's a great group of guys and we're all rowing in the same direction which is the kind of thing that you love to see.
Your former team, Toronto, is turning some heads as well and having quite a season. Any regrets on not staying put?
I don't like looking back. Like I said at the time of the trade, some of my best friends in the world are on that team so I'm thrilled for them. But I'm focused on looking forward and bringing a cup to the city of Seattle.
There seems to have been some changes to your play style since you've joined the Argonauts. What would you attribute that to?
Whenever you join a new team with new talents, you've got to find your role within that ecosystem. The staff wants me to focus more on the offensive side of the ice to generate scoring and I think that's what you're seeing play out. My linemates this season have made it easy on me and I think we've got a good thing going.
Last question, the team recently made a big trade to bring in Liam Slate and Oliver Cleary, what was the reaction in the locker room to that news?
Anytime you have management that recognizes the position that they're in and the talent that they have on the ice and acts accordingly, it always sends a message of confidence to the locker room. We're happy to have both guys join up. I've obviously played with Liam in Toronto and in Great Britain and he's a fantastic teammate and a great talent. I'm thrilled to have him join us in Seattle. And then a talent like Oliver joining your team is just the icing on the cake. He's one of the best defenders in the league for a reason and it's going to be exciting to see what kind of noise we can make with these two on board!

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Prompt 2:

Reporter: Hi Mat, thanks for doing this. You've now spent as many full seasons with Chicago as you did with Quebec City, can you comment on your career so far?

Mat: Wow has it really been that long? Well maybe it doesn't feel like it since I still regularly talk and hang out with a lot of the friends I made in Quebec City, and am making new ones there as well. In any case, I think I'm really lucky with the way my career has gone so far, I won a Four-Star Cup with QCC which is really more than you can ask for in the juniors, and am honored to have been named to the first all-star team twice in the SHL. I wish I could have taken home the McBride at least one of those times, but I can't say the winners of those didn't deserve them, and I've still got time left as well. The one trophy I really want to win in the SHL is the Challenge Cup of course. I technically have my name on it as the backup, but to be able to win one between the pipes would just be a dream come true.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

PBE Claim

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Interviewer: We're here today to talk with Borje Samuelsson, a star on the Anaheim Outlaws and one of their most important players on the blueline. How are you doing today?
BS: Well, I think "star" is a bit of a stretch. My initials do spell "bs", after all. I think that's more telling about my game.
I: Well, how do you feel about how this season is playing out so far?
BS: Ya, I think we're off to a better start. We started off okay last season, but things still kinda fell off after the halfway mark. I'm hoping we're able to keep things going in a tough division this season.
I: Is there anything you'd like to see from yourself?
BS: I'd like to hit 40 points. I feel like I've been right there for a little while, but I haven't been quite able to perform as well as I'd like for the entire season yet.
I: Okay, thanks. That's all the time we have for a player of your low importance in the big picture.
BS: Okay, thanks for wasting some of my time I'll never get back.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 11:36 AM by Gordon Bombay.)

Code:
Written Task:  Play out an interview with your player and the press. You can switch between bold/italics and regular text to differentiate between the two parties involved. Ask any questions you think are relevant, it could be about a certain game, season, cup win, whatever you choose. Include your player's answers to the questions (150+ words).
The national sports network was able to score a rare interview with the Colorado Raptors captain Shoyo Hinata. Here are the highlights of the interview done by the sports journalist Danis Dubé.

Danis Dubé: A Hinata interview, it's a rare sight! How are you doing?

Shoyo Hinata: Fine, I am playing hockey with teammates that I loved. My life could not be better.

Danis Dubé: You and Max Manning were named captain of the Colorado Raptors. Can you tell me a little about that ?

Shoyo Hinata: Our teammates vote for the captain and Max and I got the same amount of votes. It's an honor to share this position with Manning. Each of us brings something unique to the team and I hope that we can adequately represent our teammates. They deserve the best.

Danis Dubé:  Hockeywise, how is your start of the season going?

Shoyo Hinata: Awsome! For the first time in my career, I am a point-per-game player. I love the feeling. I can properly help my team now. The only negative thing is that I have more assists than goals. It's not normal for me, I need to score more goals and get that shooting percentage up.

Danis Dubé: What are your goals for this season

Shoyo Hinata: Scores goal and win a cup.  Sorry I got to go. I have nothing more to say. I need to train a little more.

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Prompt 1:
Well for the interview I would definitely dress up and complete the look with a wig and some glasses to ensure I am not noticed while I sneak into the press conference of Han’s Graf. @Drokeep He would be the obvious choice to pick out as he a rookie and is likely still a little nervous when it comes to doing the press conferences. It also helps my disguise as he still hasn’t met all the reporters so it would be easier to slip in undetected. I would go all in on the comedic questions for him. Asking some silly things to start like favorite place to eat and how he is liking the city. Then I would jump on the questions to bring him in the hot seat. Asking questions like, who is the best looking player on the team, who would you most like to marry and who is your top wingman. I could go one step further and ask about his romantic life since joining the Forge and if the money was bringing on the honeys!? Needless to say it would be great entertainment and yet another test to see how he can handle the pressure. If it is anything like he has been able to do on the ice so far this season though he will breeze through these with ease.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Prompt #1

With the Pride on the road to take on the Rage, the social media team for the Rage asked if I would be willing to join in on pranking Redacted for their Twitter. I thought it would be fun to get involved with the old squad while in town and put on my best bald cap and dressed up in a suit to mimic all the other reporters at the press conference. The social media team put me front and center in front of Redacted but being in such a disguise, there was no way he would recognize me. The PR and social media teams made sure all the first questions went to me.

"Well Redacted, there have been rumours about your infatuation with the green M&M, care to comment?"

Redacted was immediately caught off guard and seemed to be struggling with an answer. I'll start rapid firing them.

"You've also reportedly invested in a new sports car with an interesting decal?"

"Care to comment on reports of receiving malicious comments from Seattle's Oliver Cleary?"

"Why haven't you changed your name back yet?"

Before I could get any other questions, Redacted demanded I be removed from the room. I asked why he was so pissy but again, no response. The PR and social media team showed me out and I don't think I'll be invited back any time soon...

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Prompt 2:

Interviewer: Thank you for joining us today, Mr. Pengu. It looks like you have been playing at the wing position some this season. What caused the move and how are you enjoying it?

Pengu: Penguin has always done best for team. Team need wing, penguin like wings. Always wanted to fly. Penguin was very eager to help team and get wing. Unfortunately penguin still does not fly, but he does help team and gets to score and help team. Better at defense, but do what Penguin can to help.

Interviewer: This is your last season in Nevada. Do you have any plans or hopes?

Pengu: Penguin only wants win. Help team, go to trophy. Trophy very shiny and pretty like good pebble. That is Penguin dream, to hold shiny trophy. All Penguin ever want is to help and team and Moose really want trophy for Nevada. Give penguin trophy and penguin happy.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

I've chosen to write about Prompt #1

I'd infiltrate Boom's press conference and try and ask the real questions all the Blizzard fans want the answers to. Starting off by talking about alumni, everyone wants to know when is James Truong's birthday. Of course, the only real answer to this question is that James' birthday is every day, but really, I would press to know the real date we could actually celebrate the birthday. Also, I'd take this time to ask about rumors circulating around the locker room that some players would like to starve and de-hydrate Edmonton Blizzard co-GM Sota and what her thoughts are on the matter. Another hot topic would be about former Blizzard player Liam Slate who was reportedly nicknamed "Bust" by his teammates and if that affected in any way his move to Seattle. Does she consider him a bust too ? Lastly, I'd ask her what's the worst trade in franchise history and I'd reject every answer until she talks about the trade that brought Kaapo Kampainen to Edmonton, before unmasking myself.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 12:49 PM by sulovilen.)

PROMPT 2 

PRIDE ZOOM MEDIA AVAILABILITY  2029-11-10 @NOON

Q: Justin Case from the San Francisco Chronicle. A question for Walton: with a bit over quarter of the season is done, how would you assess it so far?
A: Well you know, obviously, there has been some ups and downs, but I feel like we have been building some chemistry recently and it's just a matter of time before we start winning more games.

Q: That's what every player says to media everytime they are asked something. Anything else you might want to say?
A: Well you know, obviously I'm not going to be giving out just cliché, cookie-cutter answers out here. I just feel that's where our team's at and hopefully we can build on that and play even better in the future.

Q: Come on Walton, you can't be serious? Tell me something about what you actually think or feel right now? What are you focusing on in the next game against Chicago? Like REALLY focusing on?
A: Well you know, obviously they're a great team and we have to be ready right from the start. They're a quality team with some great talent from top to bottom. We just have to play or own game. Just play simple hockey, be patient, throw the pucks in deep, forecheck, backcheck, paycheck, you know. Then just capitalize on our chances and hope it pays out.

Q: Walton, fuck you. Seriously, fuck you.
A: Any time, Justin.

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 12:59 PM by bbjygm.)

Prompt 1

Slap McShotty (in disguise): Sven, Sven! Fap Mc...Hotty here, what's your social security number?

Sven Yxskaft: Uh, I'm not going to divulge that. Next question.

Fap McHotty: Svenny! Fap McHotty again, what was your childhood dog's name? Was it the same as your mother's maiden name? And by the way, what is her maiden name?

Sven Yxskaft: Okay, enough with the identity theft. Anyone else other than McHotty? (Fap McHotty: Ooo why thank you!)

Reporter #5: Sven, how does it feel to be back on the bench and not managing--

Fap McHotty: Seven! Seven! How big is your yak shaft?

Sven Yxskaft: Seven feet long, I sling it over my shoulder. Now get out of here. Security? Yes, take him out.

Fap McHotty: Wait yakky! What's the girth? Is it comparable to a yak?!

Fap McHotty (being dragged away by security): Is it furry? Do female yaks congregate around you when in heat?!

Fap McHotty (echoing from the hallway): How much yak territory have you acquired? Will you become the de yakto ruler of the country's prairies? The world needs to know!

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

PBE PT

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Prompt #2: Today we are here for the press conference with Mats Marner to open the season sixty three regular season. This will be Marner’s ninth season since being drafted and his sixth season in the SHL and fourth season with the Chicago Syndicate. We will now open up the floor to questions.

Reporter: What are your expectations for the upcoming season?

Mats Marner: To me it’s a cup or bust kind of season in Chicago. We have been so close the past couple of seasons losing in the finals or losing to the cup champs like we did last year to Texas. Last season we proved we could dominate the regular season by winning the presidents trophy las season and breaking the single season points record. Now we got to translate that success into the post season

Reporter: What are your personal goals this season?

Mats Marner: I want to have a career year and break the 90 point mark if possible. I hit 80 last season and think there is still room for improvement.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars