Create Account

Carolina Kraken S62 Awards and S63 Leadership
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 02:38 PM by the5urreal.)

[Image: CarolinaKraken.png]
Good evening everyone, and welcome to the Carolina Kraken annual offseason banquet. The season may not have ended in a way that everyone wanted, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a great one filled with great play on the ice, fantastic leadership off the ice, and career milestones. Tonight, we'll celebrate the players and people that make the Carolina Kraken the best organization in the SMJHL and recap the past season in advance of Season 63. The veteran presence of those leaving us to take the next step in their careers will bring with it new challenges to overcome and will be felt both on and off the ice. While this season will bring those familiar bumps along the way, there are still a few veterans returning that will surely make this another successful season for the Kraken!

With last season's captain, Roderic Banes, moving on to the SHL, a team vote was held to determine new leadership. Anyone who has followed the organization over the last three seasons knows the new captain well. Please join me in welcoming your new captain of the Carolina Kraken...

ATTICUS HALE

"Thank you" doesn't feel like enough. To say I have enjoyed my experience in Carolina would be an enormous understatement. The locker room is filled with the best people in the league and management doesn't get any better. There is never a dull moment! I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone in my three seasons as a Kraken is am so happy I get to spend one more with you. I hope I can live up to your expectations of what a captain should be and help lead this team to a cup! It is an honor and privilege!

And now to the alternates, both veterans of the organization who have stepped up both on the admin side of the team as well as bringing a lot of life to the locker room. These top players have proven to be incredibly valuable in shaping the recent image of this team and I'm glad we can give them their due reward. Congratulations...

VINCENT FOX, PATYA PEREVALOV, and LENNY HAWK
While it might be abnormal for a team to have three alternates, there isn't anyone more deserving of the honor than these guys. Patya will serve as alternate in home games while Lenny will serve as alternate in away games. The future of Carolina is in excellent hands. Vincent, Patya, and Lenny are fantastic examples of what it means to be a Kraken. I came into the league with Patya and couldn't ask for a better a teammate. He helps push me to be the best that I can be and I'm sure everyone else can say the same. Always one of the first to help a teammate in need. Lenny is an active voice in the locker room and always there to shout his support of his fellow Kraken after a tough day or just in general. Vincent...what can I say about Jimmy that hasn't already been said? He is a prolific locker room presence and you will find no bigger supporter than him - always there to give you a kiss when you need it. The only negative words that will ever come out of his mouth are directed at himself, whether he deserves it or not (he doesn't). Couldn't ask for a better group to lead you into battle!

With the Kraken leadership nailed down for the coming season, we can look back at what was yet another great season in Kraken history. The season was a rollercoaster of emotions. From the flying start to the slow, grinding midseason, to the ultimately disappointing finish in the playoffs. Key pieces have joined the team since the beginning of last season, and as the moving parts settle in to place, the future for Carolina looks bright. While there are always off-season losses to call-ups, the locker room is as optimistic as ever, and the team looks forward to making another deep playoff run in Season 63. New additions to the team continue to be spirited and welcome Squidlets, and the Kraken continue to be strong.

No award committee can understand the Kraken like one on the inside though, and that’s where the Kraken season awards come in. As always, these awards are voted on by the team, including departing members of the roster.

Our first award tonight is the Kain Webb Award for Leadership, and our nominees are..
Lenny Hawk
Roderic Banes
Atticus Hale

It is an honor to be among the nominees with two other legendary Kraken. It's certainly no surprise to see former captain Roddy Banes up here along with locker room force Lenny Hawk. Bittersweet that Roddy has moved onto the SHL, but the future is clearly in great hands. Congratulations...

RODERIC BANES
Roddy was a prolific locker room personality and our well deserving captain! There's a reason he was entrusted as captain of the Montreal Patriotes as a rookie! Roddy was a constant encouraging force on game days, win or lose, and was the first to reassure the team after a tough day of sims. We love ya Roddy and will surely miss you!

Our second award tonight is the Cristoph Klose Award for the Top Forward, and our nominees are..
Roderic Banes
Tanner Fox
Patya Perevalov

While we ran into the unstoppable force that was the Newfoundland Berserkers in the playoffs, Carolina continued their long standing tradition of offensive output, once again finishing atop the division. The scoring was deep through the roster though, and one player's offensive output elevated themselves and the team. Congratulations...

PATYA PEREVALOV
Patya Perevalov can really do it all on the ice. He led the team in points and goals for much of the season. The Kraken will continue to rely on his play in Season 63. A complete package forward, this award is well-deserved!

Our third award tonight is Carolina’s version of the Quilha Agante Award for the Top Defenseman, and our nominees are…
Vincent Fox
Lenny Hawk
Eddie Kastrba

While the team as a whole struggled to keep the puck out of the net at times, we made huge strides on the defensive side of the puck. Vincent picked up where Granny left off as a machine gun from the blue line, leading the defensemen on the team in all offensive categories. Lenny was a consistent, two-way defender who exemplified reliability. Eddie was a solid and consistent force on the blue line that we could rely on.  Congratulations...
VINCENT FOX

Was there ever any question? Vincent was a force to be reckoned with. He was a finalist as both best defenseman in the league as well as MVP. No surprise, but extremely well-deserved.

The fourth award tonight is the Jordan Nugent Hall Award for the Most Dedicated Player, and our nominees are…
Patya Perevalov
Atticus Hale
Vincent Fox
It's hard to imagine what this league and team would look like without the work these three have put in day after day. I'm proud to call them all Kraken and think they're all nowhere close to done with changing both team and league for the better. Three of the most active participants, in the social side of the locker room, as well as the technical and admin. They have all stepped up to put in a great deal of their time and effort to making both their players and the team better. Congratulations to...

PATYA PEREVALOV
Yet another slam dunk and winner of this award for the second season in a row. Patya (Nate) has continued to do so much for this team, being a warm and friendly locker room presence, as well as helping with coaching, management, scouting, and consulting on player builds. All this while he goes to school full time. Nate inspires the best in all of us, and this award couldn't go to a more deserving dude.

The fifth award tonight is the Petr Klimek Award for the Best Two-Way Player, and our nominees are…
Vincent Fox
Roderic Banes
Tanner Fox

None of these nominees are surprising, as all three had terrific seasons at both ends of the ice, and the entire Carolina blueline were huge contributors to the offensive output of the team. Congratulations...

RODERIC BANES

It really could have been anyone's award here, but Roddy B has been a reliable two-way presence for the entirety of his career, and this award only recognizes what everyone on the team already knew. Nothing but love and well-wishes Roddy!

The sixth award of the night is one of my personal favorites, both in name and what it represents. The Alonzo Garbonzo Award is a rookie award, but it’s unique in that it’s awarded to a rookie player who played well on the ice and had a great locker room presence. While there wasn't any variety this season, our only nominee this season was no less deserving. Congratulations...

ERGO NOMIC

When sve7en traded the farm for the first overall pick in the draft to acquire the right to select Ergo Nomic, there were no arguments from anyone. BadWolf was the clear frontrunner and a locker room presence the Kraken couldn't pass up. The future of Carolina couldn't be in better hands as BadWolf's leadership abilities are second to none!

Our second to last award tonight is the Kurtis Hunter Award, the Team's MVP as decided by the team. The nominees this season are…
Tanner Fox
Patya Perevalov
Roderic Banes
Vincent Fox

This player had the expectations of the entire team on their shoulders this season, and stepped up in a big way.  Congratulations...

RODERIC BANES
Yet another piece of hardware for Roddy on his way out.  What more could I say about Roddy that hasn't already been said? Our rock throughout the season, everyone loves Roddy. He's so deserving of every award he wins. A legendary send off for a true Kraken legend!

It’s common for teams to end at their MVP, but Carolina does things a little differently. There is one award critical to how we exist as an organization, the Michael Fitted Award for the player who best demonstrates what it means to be a Kraken. It commemorates the sportsmanship, dedication, and energy demonstrated by it’s recipient, and truly represents both the passion we all have for the SHL and SMJHL as well as a love for their team in Carolina and the league as a whole. Our nominees for this season’s award are…
Atticus Hale
Roderic Banes
Vincent Fox
Surprising absolutely no-one, the winner of the Michael Fitted Award goes to one of the all-time great people and a personality that will be missed in the locker room. A man that we could all rely on to be there when we needed it most and someone that was a true exemplar of what it means to be a Kraken. Our former captain, our rock, and our great friend. Congratulations one more time, and good luck in Montreal...
RODERIC BANES

Congratulations to both the award winners and to the entirety of the Carolina Kraken and organization, and best of luck to the new roster and new leadership. Thank you all for coming out tonight, thank you season 62 roster and teammates for another incredible season, and thank you all for making the SHL one of the best communities online. May Terry Bradshaw’s ghost lead you to the promised land!

Before we wrap this up, I want to do what our captain before me did and add a personal note. Seeing as how this is Atticus's final season as a member of the Carolina Kraken, I just want to say that it is an enormous privilege to have been a part of this organization and such a pleasure that I will be allowed to hang around even after I'm gone. When I joined the SHL, I knew little to nothing about sim leagues. I wasn't even sure how long I would (be able to) stick with it and had no idea what it meant to be a top earner. Getting drafted by the Kraken and being around all those great personalities in the locker room really made me want to strive to be a top earner. Not just for myself, but for the benefit of the team. I am so glad I have had the pleasure of making so many new and awesome friends along the way. I am extremely honored to have been chosen to help lead you all this season! I also want to thank @sve7en for believing in me enough to take me at 15th overall and for making me a part of the Kraken family forever. I love my Kraken brethren! 

Thank you!  Kraken

Your new Captain, Atticus

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Kraken Kraken Kraken

so many beauties

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

@the5urreal bro I'm gonna cry here. Thank you for your kind words, I really felt them. The team is in excellent hands!
Kraken

[Image: banes.png]

Many congratulations and very well deserved Kraken

[Image: boeck.png] [Image: boeck2.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] ⚖️ [Image: HKi05IH.png]
Germany Blizzard Kraken
thank you for the signatures made by @Ragnar