Create Account

Making a new line of SHL merch.

So I have seen other leagues get a chance to do this, but I think SHL can fully take advantage of this brilliant marketing strategy. Sector Six builds jerseys Relocation Football League, and Simulation Football League both use Sector Six and have made some good profit to help fund the league itself. The one thing exemplary that Simulation Football League does is give you team jerseys that you can buy. I myself would buy every single team jersey there is I don't know about any of you, but I definitely would, and with my purchases SHL would benefit from Sector Six proceedings to the SHL league for funding of the league and any expenses that come with the league. Not only is it something a lot of people would probably be interested in, but it would solve some (maybe) ongoing issues of trying to make ends meet for the league. Not only that but when I rep the jersey I put on my back, I am freely advertising the league on its own when they ask who it is advertising starts. This might grow the market that we know today as Simulation Hockey League. This would not only be a fun way to give back to the community but for the community to give back to the league. 

For more details into this I will list a link to a website that has jerseys included on the market already for Simulation Football League. https://sectorsixapparel.com/collections...ll-jerseys

I firmly believe that this would be a great step for League and Players alike. Customizable jerseys with your name on it would be another great look. Which could be a great opportunity if the league would contact coolhockey.com they make all NHL jerseys. This could also be something that might work. I would also think Under Armour, Nike, and other companies might something to look into for this as well.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

https://www.redbubble.com/people/SHL-Hoc...der=recent

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

01-31-2022, 09:50 AMboom Wrote: https://www.redbubble.com/people/SHL-Hoc...der=recent
those aren't jerseys.

Having jerseys would be a nice idea, but I have one concern: what about people that live elsewhere (as in not North America)? Usually jerseys aren't cheap in general, then you add shipping and import taxes and well... after all that I'm usually out, because it's not worth it anymore. The advantage red bubble has that they print and ship from different countries around the world. We are an international community after all.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

I'd assume the main issue is most decent jerseys would require a minimum order of say, 10 jerseys or so. I'd imagine most, if not all, of the items on the redbubble site are built-to-order, where the item isn't actually put into production until an order has been placed. Made-to-order hockey jerseys I'd image would have a heavy cost, mixed with potential quality issues.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

01-31-2022, 11:14 AMCarpy48 Wrote: Having jerseys would be a nice idea, but I have one concern: what about people that live elsewhere (as in not North America)? Usually jerseys aren't cheap in general, then you add shipping and import taxes and well... after all that I'm usually out, because it's not worth it anymore. The advantage red bubble has that they print and ship from different countries around the world. We are an international community after all.
the one thing I have seen in SFL is that people who have bought jerseys have actually been from out of country. Obviously we all know Hockey is a sport that is international which is amazing. I'd be interested in seeing how it can be managed. I know SFL has their jerseys up for $80 but not sure on actual shipping prices. I get mine all for free shipping. Which is awesome. If they can sign an exclusive deal with Coolhockey I do believe coolhockey does do shipping costs. red bubble is great with that and even then you could probably talk to red bubble themselves and see if they can make jerseys.

01-31-2022, 11:35 AMMyLittleHexx Wrote: I'd assume the main issue is most decent jerseys would require a minimum order of say, 10 jerseys or so. I'd imagine most, if not all, of the items on the redbubble site are built-to-order, where the item isn't actually put into production until an order has been placed. Made-to-order hockey jerseys I'd image would have a heavy cost, mixed with potential quality issues.
maybe, but again Sector Six is pretty much like red bubble. It has joined the simulation sports merch scene. I haven't seen what they do behind the scenes I just know it would be something I personally am interested in, but I guess other people might not have the same thought process as I do.

I've shopped around for jerseys before. I wanted a St. Louis one.

The problem that I ran into is that there are certain teams that would have to rebrand to make accurate jerseys according to the presets that custom hockey jersey sites offer. There's also no accounting for shoulder patches, front letters, or fonts in a lot of customizers. Which leads to the next point: cost. Hockey jerseys already run $140 to $230 depending on size, Fanatics vs Adidas, and sales. A lot of the prices I was seeing for custom orders had a minimum number of 10 and ran ~$150 per jersey. $150 for a copycat pattern of an NHL team with no shoulder patches, screen printed logos, and undefined jersey make. Hard pass.

Making them is also hard to justify. I priced out materials at one point and IF you can find the right kind of mesh, good luck on color and you'll be ordering in bulk.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Looking at the website, doesn’t look like they have a hockey jersey preset.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

If it's something that will require a minimum order maybe it's something that could be done as a donation/charity drive. It would probably have to be a generic SHL jersey though, it would be difficult to get enough orders from each individual team jersey.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

01-31-2022, 12:30 PMluke Wrote: Looking at the website, doesn’t look like they have a hockey jersey preset.
the wouldn't start with hockey presets, its been traditionally used by football simulation. 
Like I said it's something that could be looked into.

01-31-2022, 12:33 PMSburbine Wrote: If it's something that will require a minimum order maybe it's something that could be done as a donation/charity drive. It would probably have to be a generic SHL jersey though, it would be difficult to get enough orders from each individual team jersey.
start small and work your way up.

As of now, I think if you wanted custom jerseys for a team, you'd have to go to a company like Men's League Sweaters. Could likely work with the team and they'd recreate the current jerseys for a team. Only issue is minimum 6 jerseys per order. Then deal with the logistics of likely having to mail them to one address, and then from there have a the person who submitted the order mail it to everyone else.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

I know I've looked into getting both a Minnesota and Anaheim Jersey made in the past few years but any time I start to look I usually run into a few issues.

Anything quality that will last is going to start at maybe $150 ish. This would also just be some NHL rework without any extra stuff to set it apart. Orders also usually have a minimum of somewhere from 6-10 just for them to even make it.

Finding anything that will do a single custom jersey is hard. Most places that do customs have stock patterns and jerseys that they apply an iron-on patch and maybe sew if you shell out extra. I've found a few that after some emails would be willing to make a single jersey from a pre-existing concept but I think the lowest I was quoted was $400 and that was for a very basic one. Maybe there's a new service for making truly custom jersey's but I haven't seen it since my last look.

I do think possibly doing a charity/sitewide jersey could result in a better result, but shipping will likely also be a big killer since we have people spread across the globe. I wouldn't want us to just make something that only the US/Canadian SHL users would be able to get.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

01-31-2022, 05:59 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I know I've looked into getting both a Minnesota and Anaheim Jersey made in the past few years but any time I start to look I usually run into a few issues.

Anything quality that will last is going to start at maybe $150 ish. This would also just be some NHL rework without any extra stuff to set it apart. Orders also usually have a minimum of somewhere from 6-10 just for them to even make it.

Finding anything that will do a single custom jersey is hard. Most places that do customs have stock patterns and jerseys that they apply an iron-on patch and maybe sew if you shell out extra. I've found a few that after some emails would be willing to make a single jersey from a pre-existing concept but I think the lowest I was quoted was $400 and that was for a very basic one. Maybe there's a new service for making truly custom jersey's but I haven't seen it since my last look.

I do think possibly doing a charity/sitewide jersey could result in a better result, but shipping will likely also be a big killer since we have people spread across the globe. I wouldn't want us to just make something that only the US/Canadian SHL users would be able to get.
Where are you getting $150 from? I got GFG high quality sublimated jerseys for $75 a pop. 

Keener jerseys if you're interested.

I think Shylo's point is that by setting up with the business he recommended, we could get hockey jerseys on the site and we wouldn't have to worry about the buying in bulk issue that many of you have mentioned facing with typical jersey makers.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]