Create Account

Inside the TBB LR

Inside The Tampa Bay Barracuda Locker Room

For those S64 players who are looking at which teams that you may want to be drafted by in the coming weeks, come on inside the Tampa Bay Barracuda locker room for a look inside. These highlights are the perceptions of one S63 SHL draftee who has had just over a half of an SHL season to get to know the players and staff. Yet this is enough time to get to know the atmosphere created by a group of people.

The Tampa Bay Barracuda locker room is a comfortably active locker room, but not overwhelmingly so. The locker room is divided into several sections like most locker rooms around the SHL. The “General” section serves as the de facto locker room most of the time. This is a place for general clowning around, but it can also serve as the bench during SIMs. I hang around the TBB locker room more than I should for a pissant prospect, but I enjoy the group and keep an eye on how their games are going even though I’m not yet playing with them. My favorite touch in the general section is the gifs that every player has assigned to their name. Even if it gets repetitive, I like seeing the various creative gifs that people have come up with to represent themselves. It brings both comedy and comradery to the table. None of us should take ourselves too seriously.

The primary locker room is generally reserved for discussions of all things SHL related outside of a few specialty areas. There are other separate rooms for everything from build help, to fantasy to job listings and other announcements. In addition to those rooms, there is the typical space to check on stats and fantasy scoring.

After all of this, among the miscellaneous rooms for music, pets and whatever side interests there may be, is the room that is unique in my SHL experience. That room is labeled “politik”. It is in this room that I have found myself on a team of thinkers and seekers. This isn't a group of delicate snowflakes who trigger at the slightest mention of something that they either don’t agree with or do not understand. If they encounter something sensitive, they pause and ask for clarification. This is a group of free-thinking people exchanging ideas and learning something about the world they are in from each other. This is no Thunderdome either. This is a place where free thinkers gather to exchange ideas respectfully. In these discussions, my colleagues and future teammates whow the kind of characteristics that make me proud to be one of their members.

When it comes to the hockey side, the Barracuda are a competitive team that is loaded with good passers that may be in need of some finishers to sprinkle into the forward ranks. If you are one of those with a talent for finishing, this team and this multifaceted locker room may be for you.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

Everyone in the LR is a communist simply by being drafted here

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

“ This isn't a group of delicate snowflakes who trigger at the slightest mention of something that they either don’t agree with or do not understand.”

that last paragraph could’ve stayed on the cutting room floor pal

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

We have a LR?

Wicked!

Also, Hi! Am delicate snowflake. Cut me up out of construction paper hand hang me across the fridge where I belong because I made a goalie and goalie life is pain. I STILL believe goalie tpe matters (x_x)

02-02-2022, 04:29 PMboom Wrote: “ This isn't a group of delicate snowflakes who trigger at the slightest mention of something that they either don’t agree with or do not understand.”

As long as we're still pals and can talk about it, all is good and we can avoid most hurts and misunderstandings. Peace to you.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

02-02-2022, 04:50 PMSabresFan Wrote:
02-02-2022, 04:29 PMboom Wrote: “ This isn't a group of delicate snowflakes who trigger at the slightest mention of something that they either don’t agree with or do not understand.”

As long as we're still pals and can talk about it, all is good and we can avoid most hurts and misunderstandings. Peace to you.
i mean you can’t just wave off posting rapey stuff like nothing happened

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

02-02-2022, 04:18 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: Everyone in the LR is a communist simply by being drafted here

I wasn't drafted there, does that make me a communist by association?

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

02-02-2022, 04:54 PMRangerjase Wrote:
02-02-2022, 04:18 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: Everyone in the LR is a communist simply by being drafted here

There's nothing more communist than association

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

If you were a communist before does that make you double communist?

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

02-02-2022, 04:54 PMRangerjase Wrote:

drafted OR traded

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

02-02-2022, 05:00 PMsteveoiscool Wrote:
02-02-2022, 04:54 PMRangerjase Wrote: I wasn't drafted there, does that make me a communist by association?
There's nothing more communist than association

I will take my ration of TPE now please and thank you.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

02-02-2022, 05:15 PMRangerjase Wrote:
02-02-2022, 05:00 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: There's nothing more communist than association

I will take my ration of TPE now please and thank you.

you have to kill 3 nazis first

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 05:31 PM by Fluw.)

Saying someone is a triggered snowflake because they get upset for something being said really isn't a good look. You have to remember that everyone has different experiences in life and has faced certain obstacles that really leave a huge impact or scar and it isn't as easy as just getting over it. Rather than just saying that someone is a triggered snowflake because they get offended at something, maybe take the time to understand why that something hurts that person the way it does, own up to it and apologize. The biggest thing it comes down to is just decency and respect which shouldn't really be so hard now should it?

Even if it wasn't your intention to come across this way with that comment, which is totally plausible, given the most recent situation with the song lyrics all I am saying is that both situation can be easily linked together, even if they aren't since it is still fresh.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

02-02-2022, 05:27 PMFluw Wrote: Saying someone is a triggered snowflake because they get upset for something being said really isn't a good look. You have to remember that everyone has different experiences in life and has faced certain obstacles that really leave  a huge impact or scar and it isn't as easy as just getting over it. Rather than just saying that someone is a triggered snowflake because they get offended at something, maybe take the time to understand why that something hurts that person the way it does, own up to it and apologize. The biggest thing it comes down to is just decency and respect which shouldn't really be so hard now should it?

Even if it wasn't your intention to come across this way with that comment, which is totally plausible, given the most recent situation with the song lyrics all I am saying is that both situation can be easily linked together, even if they aren't since it is still fresh.
+1 Thank you for so eloquently putting into words how this stuff can make others feel.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 06:03 PM by sve7en.)

Applies to most of his posts ngl

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]