Create Account

S63 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past

Hello new players!

From the Trade Deadline to the posting of the first task completable for TPE, whether that be the Interested Prospects Threads, Early Bird PT, Mock Draft, etc., DFAs will be able to complete weekly DFA Bounties. These Bounties will function practically identically to PTs, but with money instead of TPE, and will be posted in this part of the forums. By writing 250 words or completing a graphic for a certain prompt, DFAs will earn $500,000 for their bank accounts, with a cap of 4 completed bounties ($2,000,000).

Since the trade deadline was last Monday, I am pleased to bring you the first S63 DFA Bounty:

Written Task: Only the best of the best make it into the SMJHL. Junior players from all over the world come to this league in the hopes of being drafted, becoming a succesful SMJHL player and continuining that succes in the SHL. But we all have a history too. What is your history? Where did you play? How did you do? How did your career look so far, and what aspects of your player in their pre-SMJHL career is going to make your player succeed? (250 word min.)

Graphic Task: Pictures say more than a thousand words. Show us a pic of the young you, playing hockey. Include your player name and a render of your younger self, and at least one statline.

Reward: $500,000

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S64 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S65) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, February 13th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Hello. My name is M'Baku Olubori, and I have come to dominate the SMJHL. I am from the nation of Nigeria, and have dual-citizenship with my mother's home nation of Wakanda. I grew up playing a variety of sports including both futball and American football, before finding ice hockey. I have always been big and strong, and love being physical. I have played ice hockey for three years now, the first two in Abuja, the city where I grew up. My family was able to afford the best equipment and ice time to help me with my development. There wasn't much competition, but there is the beginning of an Olympic development program in Nigeria. I have high hopes to represent my nation and people someday in an international tournament.

One of my best friends, Prentice, also plays hockey, and left a year before me to sign a contract with a European league team. Last year I lost part of my season because of a knee injury that kept me off the ice for a month. I am back now and stronger than ever. Prentice and I signed with a juniors team in Switzerland this past season. I struggled because the coaches did not want me to play my game. They tried to take the physicality out of hockey and hold me back. When I could play my game, no opposing player was safe to have their head down and goalies feared my screens. An American agent contacted me recently and asked me to abandon my Swiss team to take a chance in the SMJHL. He understood my true potential, and wanted to encourage me to play the style of game I was meant to play. These small weak boys should fear what comes next.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Hello my human friends, my name is Patches the III, I'm a Swedish Dalmation that will run this league someday. I'm a big dog but don't be fooled I could never hurt anyone I wasn't the only pup that made it out of the shelter but the difference was the owner who took me, he goes by Big Newff. Some may know him others may not but he's taught me everything he knows about the game of hockey before I ran away to follow a dream of making it to the top, after many years and even more for me I am finally confident that I'm ready to start my journey as a hockey player.

As I traveled far and wide crashing everyone's outdoor shoot around with friends and taking the puck to try and score for myself, people started to record me as I thought why I was then found as the Hockey dog as teams began to track me down so I could join them and steady them for a league and grow my profile for scouts I joined a team in Sweden called Linköping HC in the Swedish hockey league at first I was unsure about where I would help this team but when I stepped on the ice for the first time it was clear id be a top 4 defenseman as well as on the top power play. As the season progressed I put up tremendous stats which was 9 goals and 27 assists for a rookie defenceman they knew I was going to be a vital part of this team, as I went home after the end of season banquet my phone rang it was the league commissioner of the SMJHL saying they would like me to attend the combine for the SMJHL, it was an offer I couldn't turn down as I wanted to really show the scouts my ability to run the offense whether it's scoring the puck or setting up the guys around me lets just say the SMJHL should have the eyes on Patches The III

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]

Olivia Kunai does not have one back-story, she has many. But I guess you can start her story back when she first woke up. Ollie is made out of the body parts of various athletes who died before being able to realize their dreams. Every piece of her has its own story. But unfortunately, Ollie doesn't know much about herself. It was not the doctor who gave her this name. He simply asked for her name and this was the one she gave him. It must come from deep within some part of her. Was it her heart? Her brain? Her right index finger? Either way, she was built for the purpose of engaging in battle on the ice. Unfortunately, while the parts of her all come from various dead sports prodigies, they sometimes don't work too well in tandem. In her first test out on the ice, Ollie lost one of her skates, foot and all, when attempting to make a quick stop. And while her eyes are from two amazing passers and shooters, it's not quite the eyes that are in question, more her brain. Ollie's brain still has a lot to catch up on, but she hopes that in the SMJHL, she will find her first taste of true competition. If not for her own goals, but for the goals of the souls who endlessly haunt her as they are unwilling passengers to her body's horrifying unlife. But maybe the competitive dreams of those souls will be quenched one day.

Hello everyone, my name is Tom Taylor. I was born in Tokyo, Japan. I started playing hockey at a very young age when I first saw Jerome Iginla play. He inspired me to play hockey and study the game. I decided to become a defenseman after watching my favourite NHL players, P.K Subban and Erik Karlsson, play. Once I joined my first team, I was a natural. I quickly learned the game and rules, which led to me dominating the league I was in. As I got older, I continued to play after three seasons of playing competitive hockey, and I rack 20 goals and 40 assists. Although my team was able to win much, I would always have highlight reel games, and I had had a couple of videos on YouTube that went viral from some of these highlight reel games. I was making a big name for myself, but I never was able to get any offers as Japan isn’t known for producing hockey players compared to other countries. So, after my season, I thought my hockey career was over. However, I received a call from an agent from the SMJHL who said he’s been scouting me for some time after seeing one of my viral clips on YouTube, and he said He was very impressed with me game saw something in me. He also let me know that he could take my game to another level if I were willing to trust him. After training and preparing, I believe I’m ready to take on the SMJHL and show everyone who I am.

Hello there. My name is Din Djarin. I come from a place outside of this planet known as Earth. I have come here to experience this sport that is known as hockey to you. A little backstory about myself. I am from a planet that goes by the name of Aq Vetina. When I was a young boy I enjoyed playing and enjoying a good time like you people do here on Earth. I even played a similar game to this hockey, that is almost identical. Played with my friends at least once to three times a week in fact. I was always intrigued by it. Although, my whole world change when we were attacked. I was saved by a group known as the Mandalorians of Death Watch who took me in and raised me as a foundling in the Mandalorian Creed. After my training I came to this planet on some business and leisure. I went to a pick up type of game and saw other humans playing this and thought I should join and still see if I had any sort of skill or remembrance to the game. To my surprise it felt like I never forgot and with my training tied into the sport I was scoring left and right. Getting assists like no other, finding holes and being able to pick up openings where some may not have thought about or seen themselves. This gained interest from the local league that was going on in the neighborhood. So I joined the league, and became the most popular player there. I do not have the exact statistics of how I played, but I know I did well. After the season this league was brought up to me and that I should join to see how well my abilities do here. So here I am. Ready to join the SMJHL and hopefully the SHL to show my true skill.
This is the way.

Hi! My name is Sophie Bordeleau, and I'm a centre who has just declared for the S64 SMJHL draft! I was born and raised in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, and always loved to skate and play hockey from a young age. I started out playing house league and made friends there, but my parents thought I'd be better in more competitive play and always pushed me to achieve my dreams. I decided to play for my high school team as I know they have a really good record for development and I thought it would be a good place for me, plus I would get to balance hockey with school. My first season was spent getting used to the bigger players and growing into my role. In my second season, I was made an alternate captain for the team, and despite lost time to a suspension I still performed well. Partway through the season, I was given an incredible opportunity to move to the SMJHL and have a chance to play for a pro team, living out my childhood dream. I might be an undersized forward, but I've always excelled at getting into open space. If I can find ways to get myself open in the offensive zone, it'll allow teammates to find me to set up good chances and take shots. Off the ice, I also value being a good leader above all else. The most important thing in a locker room is to create a space where everyone is free to be themselves, and by doing that I think I'll succeed in the SMJHL.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

My player was born in Tijuana, Mexico because my parents sought more affordable healthcare. So they ventured south to Mexico and that is how I entered the world. My parents raised me in sports and I just took a natural liking to hockey more so than other sports. I could hang with the best of them in basketball, football, but I am fully focused on ice hockey now. Scouts have commented that I use my size well to battle for the puck. If I had one drawback, it would be my speed. My speed is adequate but I won’t be catching the quickest skaters on the ice if they manage to evade my checks. Growing up, my parents and coaches distilled an attitude of perseverance into me. Even if the game is looking like a tilted one-sided affair, I am going to give it my all in hopes of mounting a comeback, no matter how insurmountable it seems. I grew up watching all the hockey teams and have been to nearly each SHL arena for a game. It will be exciting to enter into the prestigious SMJHL and tour the SHL’s developmental league. I know about the illustrious careers of great SMJHL players who go on to be famous stars in the SHL. If they can do it, I believe a young person born in Tijuana, Mexico; to save on healthcare costs can do the same. I have the drive and the ambition, with a little fine tuning on the skills, I will be a capable hockey player. Time will tell, and it won’t be easy, but the same goes for everyone. To succeed, I will train, and then train some more after that. Rest is important, but so is training hard.
(290 words)

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 12:14 AM by thevoicelesscreator.)

Isabella Bouchard was born to Maria Santiago-Bouchard, and Dominic Bouchard on February 24, 2008 at Oakville-Trafalgar Memorial Hospital in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. However, the family would move to Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada only a few years later, as Dominic received a prestigious opportunity to coach at the Vancouver Whalers Youth program in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Isabella is the eldest of 3 siblings, having fraternal twins her younger siblings. Her siblings, would be born at East Ridge Hospital in Port Moody, British Columbia, on December 23, 2012, named Gabriela-Jesus Bouchard, and David Bouchard. With now 3 toddlers to take care of, Maria became a stay-home mother, while father Dominic began to coach premier minor league programs on the side as a way of making ends meet.

During these programs, Isabella was afforded the opportunity to practice along side children of all different skills. However, it was the need for a capable keeper to challenge some of the more talented youth that drove Isabella into net. The years flew by, and Isabella adapted well. She would hit her growth spurt earlier, and learn how to adapt to her new size. Though she would only cap out at 5’7”, her time spent training would allow her to adapt to the game speed as she aged. Eventually, her performances caught the eyes of the Vancouver Whaler junior scouts, but not even her father’s coaching position could break the societal norms set upon them.

Instead, she would be provided an opportunity by the local junior team, the Coquitlam Express. Her play would attract the eventual attention her several NCAA schools. However, Isabella’s school of choice, the University of British Columbia, never came calling. Instead, she would sign with the NCAA locals, the Simon Fraser Athletics Program, the only Canadian program in the NCAA bracket. She would spend four years with Simon Fraser, being upended in her fourth year by upstart rookie phenom, Donna Rumma. She is currently said to be evaluating her options, and there is word of her potentially ending her playing career to pursue other opportunities.

(343 words)

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi is not a typical hockey player. He’s the older brother of a family of 7 children. His father passed away not very long after the birth of his younger brother, Dimitri. Starting at the age of 15, he had to take responsibilities and help his mother taking cake of the family. He always loved hockey, he vla early had a pure talent in it. Unfortunately, he did not had a chance to fulfill his dream like every talented hockey player. He sacrificed a lot for his sisters and brothers, and he was the man of the house. He started working at the age of 15 while going to school and practiced with local hockey team. All of his neighborhood knew him and everybody loved him. His perseverance, courage and lovely personality makes him very likeable. His friends started to give him his nickname DAD, because he always put his family before him. At the age of 18, a scouting team for the QMJHL went to his hometown and gave him an opportunity to play for them. His mother gave him the permission to go outside of his country and he went to Canada, in Halifax. He played 2 years in the QMJHL before having his name on the SMJHL Prospect List. His main goal has always been to play in the SMJHL, the biggest Junior League in the world. He wants to make his family proud and especially his father, who was a big hockey fan.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?