Create Account

S63 PT #5: Source Code

Prompt 1:

After finding this hack, I would immediately raise all player's agressiveness and fighting to 20 across the league.  I want to see just how well each team's special teams can do as there are 50 penalties a game for fighting.  What happens in FHM when almost every player is in the box?  Who knows, but we're about to find out.  The following season, I'd start fucking around with trades and try to win a cup with an all IA roster.  This may sound difficult, but not when you realize that I have no fucking clue what I'm doing out there.  Kind of just like if the AI never took over, which would be the preferable option for myself. With AI there just wouldn't be that drive that makes it feel like any of this is worth it.  Is it worth it?  I don' now man.  I'm sitting here in my small apartment just typing away for 3 TPE points.  I guess we all are, you know?  Just to chase an imaginary cup for a little bit of serotonin. Death to the AI GM's.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

PROMPT 1-

The year is 2022. Machines have taken over the simulation world of hockey. Every tactics are optimised and min maxed for every player and every attribute points. The game results depends of a coin flip. The engine learned as such and eliminated any actual simulation of hockey from happening, it is now a coinflip simulator. Head, Tails, Head, Tails, Tails......

Until one day Angus McFife arrives. He replaces the code for the coinflip simulator to be a 3 sided coin. The computer didn't know how to handle the 3 side of the coin. It started to evaluate the players roles and attributes but they were all optimised and never could find a winner. It then started to scan the discord locker rooms to find which players had the most heart to determine a winner. The atlanta inferno were winning all the games cuz of the power of the friendship. They traded away @Gwdjohnson since its the future and the pure harmony from the locker room was enough to convince the computers to let Atlanta win all the games.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Prompt 1
[Image: cLvVK7u.png]

[Image: sulov.gif]

If I had any control over the teams, I would attempt to make it as potentially close to what people would think is possible, but then just slide a bit extra the way of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. We have been fighting so hard to be a great team, what’s wrong with a little push in that right direction? No one would even be the wiser, as the team itself has improved dramatically lately and that most of the league would probably realize that the team is finally living up to their full potential. As to what I would do, I am not sure as I do not really understand hockey that much, but I would do whatever it would take to make Tampa Bay have that little bit of an advantage just to make sure that we would look better and be able to show it out and win some cups for the Barracuda and the fans of Tampa Bay.

(161 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

pt pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Prompt 1 - Well clearly I would just make Seattle the best team. We're getting min maxed in every sense of the phrase. Our best players in all scopes, I'm gonna edit our attributes to make us top tier! And everyone is about to be screwed over by the long bow of the Seattle Argonauts! I'm talking about ruining your depth charts, ruining your power plays by putting your slowest, least effective players on it. Everyone who's ever had to watch a bad game will just think they're having an 'off game' against the Argos as they watch their teams put up three shots a quarter, with none of them being anywhere near close. I'm going to make every player on each team some form of goon or shadow. Through this, I will establish a one hundred season dynasty for the argonauts. Oh, and I'm ending regression for us. I'm not taking any chances. We're gonna be the best team for forever.

[Image: blasoon.gif]

prompt 1

While I would definitely use this power to make the AI and game planning for teams more equal and have teams prioritize active, exciting, attacking play, there's another big trick up my sleeves in this scenario. Using the historic tactics exhibited by Nintendo's developers from the games of my childhood like Super Smash Bros Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash, I would introduce the use of items to spark a flame of randomness in the oppressive rigidity imposed on the league by it's imperial hockey masters. Mystery boxes would regularly spawn on the ice, granting the player that breaks open the box a random boost or other item to help them turn the tide, with teams that are trailing in the game (or just whoever is playing Hamilton at the time because fuck them in particular I guess) having a much higher chance of acquiring more powerful items. Let's see how games go when the team trailing 3-0 gets a blue shell.

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

Prompt 2:

FHM does some things well and some things could definitely be improved. One thing I like and used a lot when I was GM was the shot placement chart, I can't remember the exact name of it now or where I found it, but after the game before moving fwd you could look at where all the shots were taken from by both teams and which players took them, even strength and powerplay. I found this to be helpful when analyzing how my line strategies in the offensive zone were working, as in if they were taking shots from areas I wanted them to be from. I would look at the shot placement charts and change OZ tactics to gear those into the areas I wanted us shooting from the most (the money areas). So that was one cool thing. The biggest negative is no box scores being outputted for SHL members to check, that forever changed the way we enjoyed our players and the league. Another flaw is that high tpe teams just dominate mid-tier teams and it's very lopsided, especially in the playoffs.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Tesla: I could usher in a new era of dominance for the teams that I support and utterly ruin the teams that I loathe. That kind of power is the kind that is incredibly tempting to use and abuse, but I know from experience just how much it can hurt people to suffer from even a fraction of that dishonesty. So I do not think I could live with myself if I were to go through with manipulating things like that.

Dave: You traded with a devil from another dimension to enslave a hockey player just because a friend of yours invited you to a league and you did not want to take the time to scout.

Tesla: You raise a fair point, but in all my wheeling and dealing of souls there has been a fairness to the deals. After all before you would have suffered torture for all eternity or until your soul burnt out, but now you just have to survive one itty bitty SHL career.

Dave: I have been told that an SHL career can be the equivalent of eternal damnation

Tesla: Oh I most certainly can make it feel that way for you Dave. Do you want me to do that?

Dave: Retracted.

Tesla: So in conclusion despite my willingness to traffic in souls I am unwilling to cheat in a simulated sports league. Turns out I do have a conscience even if I tend to tune it out!

Code:
Word Count: 244

How…what are the chances, I have now become a GOD in SHL, with this power what can’t I do? What shouldn’t I do? I can change the bot's thoughts, I can make them do what I want. I can finally win an SHL championship? Wait…or is it too obvious? Should I not touch anything? What I would do in honesty is let the bots do their own thing. I would not want to win by cheating. Let the bots decide who wins in this league now. Since clearly no one wants to GM. Which I can blame them. In a way it might be better as everyone will be a same technique and level. No overcommitted coaches that test sims like crazy and know that they need some player with 18 whistling to be able to win. Remember folks, I have no idea how any of this works anyway, just here to stop pucks in the virtual world.

[Image: vikian.gif]

Prompt 2:

I think overall, FHM mimics a real hockey game pretty decently. The good teams win most games, the bad teams lose, higher TPE players are usually always better and lower ones can struggle. The amount of action, goals, scoring, shots, etc. are pretty realistic and I do enjoy the 3D play by play live. There are the occasional games where a goalie absolutely goes off, which makes sense as we see teams getting goalie'd at times in real games too. I think the sim engine could favor rookies just a slight bit more, as for rookies, especially ones with less ice time can struggle to produce at times. Some other things could be not having the power play clock instantly disappear during a highlight when a goal is scored and having the top end teams toned down slightly. With teams like Newfoundland in the sim it was almost a guaranteed loss playing them. Also, box scores for the index would be lovely for a million reasons.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid564071 - ISFL claim

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Quote:Written Task: FHM does its best at depicting the game of hockey through a program. What do you think it does right? What do you think it does wrong? Have you seen anything in the game that you would NEVER see in real hockey, or vice versa? Is there anything that you would like to see added to the game, or added to the way the SHL uses the game? (150+ words).

I think FHM does a lot right. For one, it's entirely possible that a great team can outshoot their oppositon by x3 and still lose due to a hot goalie. I also think it does a great job in representing the game of hockey as a whole: there aren't really many unrealistic facets to the game that aren't a direct result of choices made by the people that run the league.

As for what it does wrong, I'd like to see fewer breakaways from defensemen... and I say that as a D that capitalizes on those as much as any other defenseman. Another thing I'd like to see changed is what I think is a lack of penalties. It doesn't seem to me on the surface that the penalty amount is realistic.

And this isn't really relevant for the SHL, but I think it could be improved to a degree that it would compete with the Football Manager series in terms of features, but that would take a lot I can admit.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

The main issue I have with FHM is probably the same one that everyone else does and it’s the fact that sometimes the team I'm on doesn’t win games and I don’t like it. I think beyond this, I feel like it does a fairly good job of portraying the flow of a real life hockey game. Seems like plays progress in a similar way to how they do in the actual sport which is good. I guess it just comes down to the way we use it, the TPE numbers involved and other things like that. I guess the main thing I’d now like to see added to the way SHL uses the game is some streamlining of available settings. Would be good to be able to remove the barriers to entry in place a little by removing some of the complexity of using FHM as a GM. Definitely not an easy situation to get totally right but I think the leagues done a fairly good job recently with update scale changes and regression etc so making a change to the way the sim itself is used would definitely be a good step forward.

Code:
195 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]