Create Account

S63 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

The anchorage boys immediately hit up the nearest petrol station. We all just got so god damn wasted on huffing sweet sweet fumes. You would not believe the head rush that you get when you just sit there for hours and hours just washing away your sorrows with mind numbing brain altering and dangerous chemicals. It's honestly just such a good time I don't know more people aren't doing it. Either way, Dickbutt got his beard stuck in the jerry can, which definitely didn't help in any way shape or form to lift the mood. It's so hard to get the smell of gas out of a beard. The wick of beard hair is so much stronger than you would expect honestly. Regardless, that's how the armada washed away their sorrows. It was really effective at forgetting a whole heap of other things right at the same time too. What were we talking about again? Oh right, losing.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

The Anaheim Outlaws are very excited to be heading into the playoffs this season especially as one of the younger teams to my knowledge in the SMJHL. Behind a plethora of Season 63 and 64 players, the Outlaws are looking to be one of the top teams in the league for the next bit and this season it starts as they have achieved a playoff berth as the 9th overall seed in the playoffs. After quickly dispatching the 8th seed Regina Elk, the Outlaws look forward to playing the 3rd seed Great Falls Grizzlies who will be a much bigger challenge.

For this matchup and for the playoffs in general, the Outlaws have been undergoing a heavy dosage of shooting practice as the Outlaws in general have struggled to score goals on the season. In fact, they were the 6th worst scoring team in the SMJHL. They were able to be propelled by defense and goaltending as they also were the 5th best in the league in least amount of goals given up. The Outlaws win by shutting you down and if they can take advantage of every shot opportunity, they can really stifle their opponents in this year's playoffs.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

The Maine Timber get a bye into the second round for the first time since I’ve been on the team which is 6 seasons now with two players. It’s so lovely to get a break after a long and hard year where we finished second in the league. We obviously don’t know who we are going to end up playing and won’t take anyone lightly so we are preparing and practicing to keep ourselves in game shape. Of course that’s after we enjoy a couple nights out on the beers and some nice team dinners. At the end of the day we are still all business and winning a championship for Maine is always the goal so we will be ready to play when the time comes to get on the ice again. Nobody stopping us this year and the Timber will come out on top and hoist that cup that we so much deserve. Go Timber Go

[Image: Sugars2.png]

It's the moment that everyone has been waiting for this season. All the hard work, sweat, tears and obstacles they've had to overcome have all led them to the S63 SMJHL playoffs. For the Kelowna Knights, they face off against the Nevada Battleborn and I think it's going to be a pretty level playing field in this series and anyone could take the cake. Both teams know how important it is to get a hot start out of the gate and to be the first team to be up in the series and Kelowna this season has taken quite the approach to planning.

* We've practiced every single day on the ice since the end of the regular seasons. If we have a game that day, we have it off but are usually doing something to prepare. Sometimes we get to relax and focus. Other times, it's tape, tape, tape and figuring things out. When we don't play? Practice. It may not be the most intense but we're always on trying to ensure we're 100%.

* We've brought in all-star chef Gordon Ramsay to cook for the team this playoffs and he's been making meals off our own preferences of food and taste that will boost our energies and help us perform at our highest levels.

214 words

As a St. Louis Scarecrow, missing the playoffs this season as the worst SMJHL team was definitely disappointing, but all the more time for me to prepare, mentally and physically for next season. I am having my daily routine of 6 am morning practice, dryland till lunch, another practice, then dryland till supper. I do that every day, training myself to get better all around. But the most important part of my training is my diet. I need to stay healthy to be on top of my game, and I need to be healthy to be able to train to the best of my abilities. This offseason, my main focus is to get better at my offensive game, improve my shot, as well my passing. My defensive game must improve to compete in the SMJHL next season, and excel because my +/- was not that great last season, for Season 63.

We are preparing for the playoffs by not changing anything about how we prepare and practice. The Navada Battleborn won the division and do believe that we are cup contenders this year. Personally nothing has changed as well. I am doing the same  workouts and listening to to same great gaming music while I work out. You don't need to fix what isn't broken. All we need to do is keep our consistency and keep our mental state in check and the cup is ours. That is something everyone on the team including myself believes. The only way we stop believing is by being knocked out. Good luck to anyone who tries to do that they are going to need it. We have been ready for the playoffs all season long. Our moment has come. We justneed to take it. Our motivation couldn't be higher right now we are so hungry and ready for the feast to begin.

As unfortunately the St Louis Scarecrows did not make the playoffs, Truck has decided to leave America, and go back to Finland for the offseason, Only coming back after draft to welcome the new rookies and better himself as a player and as a man. In Finland Truck is looking to improve is whole game, Especially in skating. He realized during the season that even though he is decent defensively and okay offensively, his skating is what is holding him back currently and is looking to improve that the most.
When he is not training and improving his skills, He is looking at improving his social skills and spending times with His parents, family and friends. Even though he is not currently in relationship, He is looking for a dame on his side to be for the rest of his life, Seen too many flings in his youth. He must not forget rest, Truck likes on his off time play on his console (Playstation) MLB the Show as he is a passionate Baseball fan.

174 Words

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

so the colorado raptors of the simulation major junior hockey league prepared for the playoffs by practicing real hard like no other team has ever practiced before and binko koivu (my player) in particular worked extra extra hard on being able to defend the best players from the other teams in the simulation major junior hockey league and to become the best defensive defense man person in the league. he really wanted to make his coach @micool132 proud and be the best defense man possible for the colorado raptors just like angus mcfife was for the team. it was a sad day when the raptors lost to the citadelles and we got poutine our places after all of our preparation and training for the playoffs.

binko also spent some of his time before the playoffs eating as much as he could so he could bulk up and be stronger so he can stand up to his competition. in particular he was eating a lot of meatloaf that was suspiciously in the shape of a foot. it tasted good and didn't have any foot fungus no foot lettuce though

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022, 12:43 PM by Naki.)

Ambrosia Snow- 162/150 

In order to prepare for the upcoming playoffs, Great Falls Grizzlies started preparations at the tail end of the regular season. Game planning, practices, and General preparations shifted from regular season to playoff mode. The mood around the Great Falls locker room shifted as the veterans of the league prepared for their crack at a championship. With the veterans walking in on the quest for playoff gold, it was time to get the rookies- as in, me, Ready for the first taste of playoff hockey. Obviously, the rookie with less than 20 games under their belt is going to be on the first line, but it’s important to make sure they’re still prepared for their playoff minutes. In my case- this meant practice shifts against the first line, extra hours on the practice rink, and a few extra film sessions to break down and fix my mistakes. The Grizzlies overall are prepared to make an impact in the SMJHL playoffs this season.

As the defending champs, the Newfoundland locker room is chocked full of the experience needed to make it through the playoffs. I do not know how the other rookies felt but I was full of excitement all season and the anticipations before the playoffs were killing me. Having strong leadership from someone like Rashford has been helpful and shown us how to live in the moment. Ham even brought in some alumni to talk to us before game 1 and they echoed Rash's words. "You got here by playing great hockey so you don't need to change a lot. The highs are higher but the lows are much, much lower and that's where you should focus. If you lose a huge game, don't let it take the wind out of your sails. Focus on the next game and bring a strong effort; the inverse is true when you win. I'm just hoping that I don't mess up too much and get sent to the press box at some point.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Vancouver prepared for the playoffs in the traditional way. The locker room is festooned in garlic braids to ward off vampires, and each player greets the captain with a supple kiss on the forehead, anointing him in our saliva that he may lead us to victory. A strong leader will drag his team to his level. Each member has their own pre-pre-game ritual. For Backup Goaltender, he polishes his mask to the point where he can see himself in it, even with the pink and purple polka dots adorning the whole thing. He eats about 5 chili dogs and vacuum seals 5 more for during the game. All this at the request of his personal traininer, Tom Fiddler. The SHL's greatest player. Then, backup goaltender recites his lineage, all the way back to Kondiaronk of the Hurons. A great philosopher and diplomat he was, and true to his lineage, backup goaltender is a philosopher of sorts. Or, maybe genetic heritage is bullshit and just an excuse to be racist. Who knows! Not Backup Goaltender, ironically.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

The Citadelles prepared for the playoffs by celebrating being there in the first place, firstly, because no one really thought we had a chance at all to make it, and yet we did. We kept training like we did all season, but there was a lot of celebration to be had because of the shocker of a run we went on to make the playoffs, but we had to get back to work. Drills and practice ramped up just a bit, because we wanted to continue our miracle run to shock the world, and the players largely stayed later than mandated to keep working on drills on their own. Burrow kept staying later than everyone else, he seems like he really is gonna put his all in this postseason for us. Despite the hard work continuing, the atmosphere around the team stayed immaculate as we all really are excited to show our skills on the biggest stage and that people really slept on us.

It was a bit of a longer wait for us going into the playoffs, having clinched a first round bye so we had plenty of extra time to prepare for whoever we were going to face in the second round. Coming off a franchise-best regular season, we started off with a bit of partying just to unwind a bit before starting to prepare for the post-season. Then the training started; we began with the log toss, an event normally dominated by the defensemen but somehow the forwards managed to take home the intramural trophy this season. Next up we had the tree climb, and in traditional fashion the smaller forward corps was able to summit the trees faster than anyone else; we kept Rage and Remao at the bottom in case anyone were to fall. Finally, we all mutually agreed to change our diets just a little bit to remain in top shape for the second round; we increased our sap intake.

Code:
Words: 162

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022, 09:46 PM by doritomancer.)

The Colorado Raptors have had a rollercoaster of a season.  Every day the locker room was buzzing with all sorts of inside jokes, dinosaur erotica, and a few terrible puns about our opponents for that day.  As the regular season came to an end, the atmosphere changed in the locker room.  Suddenly the dinosaur based erotica morphed into gruesome depictions of dinosaurs eviscerating their prey.  An image emerged one day of a Raptor, perched atop a stone throne, on a mound of skulls, brandishing a blunt weapon and a huge gun.  The artwork perplexed many in the Raptors' organization, its origin a mystery.  Just as the artwork was becoming hung in the locker room as a source of motivation, another, more intimidating piece of artwork appeared.  This time, a raptor, with immense levels of swag sporting a pair of sunglasses.  The team was ecstatic heading into the playoffs, and we began performing a blood ritual prior to each game, spouting incoherent grunts and chants at the swagged out raptor.  Max Manning has fashioned an Owl skull into a codpiece.

Code:
179 words

[Image: c97iD9R.png][Image: 9tINabI.png]
[Image: dorito2.png]

After a long hard fought season, the Nevada Battleborn had some real work to put in before the playoffs.

They had drawn the Kelowna Knights for the first round matchup, and that left them with time to start working on their gameplan.

Before getting to practice, at the end of the last game leading into the playoffs, it was time to blowoff some steam with a team bar crawl.

Unbeknownst to the team, the next days practice would be puck free and all skating. The coach did this so that they could feel the pain they'd need to dig deep into in order to be successful in the playoffs

The rest of the time off before the series would be spent on perfecting their game plan, between setting up new powerplays, working on important play and running a scout team of people mimicking Kelowna's players

This was accompanied with plenty of off ice bonding time hanging out and playing poker, jackbox and other games and some strategy sessions.

All of this extra work has the Battleborn feeling prepared and ready to get into the first round.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]