Create Account

S63 DFA Bounties #3 - The Future
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2022, 02:59 PM by Mutedfaith.)

We're nearing the end of the second round of the POs, and we're at our third DFA bounty of the season:

With playoff hockey going on in the league, you can feel the excitement in the air and your draft, the real start of your SMJHL career, coming closer. It makes you wonder where this could all lead to eventually..

Written Task: What are your goals in the leagues? Long term, mid term, short term; what are you hoping to accomplish with your player, or hoping to find on the teams you join. Are you looking for individual succes, and maybe even a HoF induction, or will you focus on team success? (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a hockeycard for your player, including at least your render, name and the logo of an SHL team you could see yourself playing for.

Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S64 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S65) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, February 27th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

There is a long road ahead for my player. I am hoping to see him last longer than my previous ones. I want him to have a lot of individual success and contribute to a team winning several championships. I think part of the recipe for a great player is getting put into the right place at the right time. My last player was a bit of a journeyman and I’m now thinking that it would be nicer to play for one team for as long as possible so that I can chip away at some of those franchise records. This will take a lot of work and it will probably be out of my hands at some points since GMs could have different visions for their teams and I may not always fit into that picture. Like anything, we will just have to see how this plays out. I think it will be a fun time and I am looking forward to all the accolades that I may be able to muster up. At the end of my career, I certainly want to look back and be able to say I did my best and I am proud of everything I accomplished. While individual success is always the goal from the start, I do have a big interest in team success. I often defer to my team’s management to see what they need out of my player and take their input when I am training and crafting my player. This is a team game, after all. It will be nice to look back at these later in my career and see how accurate these predictions and desires were. (279 Words)

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 09:36 AM by Hockeyman.)

My goal is to be the best-left defense in smjhl history. My other goal is to make the shl in s69. As a first-generation player, it was hard to learn. Now  I got it down I also got help from mars Stanton who is retired now. As a Raptor, I need to start being a leader in the locker room and on the ice. Also, I want to start getting more tpe. so I gonna do more work for more tpe. When I was drafted I looked around and said '' let's be the best defenseman in smjhl history ''.  I also want to stay with colorado so I can break some records if I ever make the shl I want to play for any team I can help as a left defenseman. I'm thinking about what to do better and I immideitly thought to myself how to become a leader it's to get more tpe so I can be a leader on the Colorado Raptors. With Jay2223 leaving for Seattle I think I need to fill his leadership role on the Raptors we don't prepare that much before games but h=we are ready when action comes to us. I also want team success. If I work hard enough I can make the HoF if I put in the work in the off-season Ruggsy and Jumbobone19 are great managers to me they help me. Mars Stanton help me find this site and helped me so can anyone pay him but now he is retired so you don't have to just keep paying me and i will do the work [278 words]

Since I just created my newest player, I will be honest, I don't have extremely set goals in mind. That being said, I do have a basic idea of what I want to get out of this experience. I want to capture the feeling that I had with my first player, who was a goalie. I have had several forwards but none were as successful as Matt Lewis-Flood, my latest coming closest. I guess I just want to enjoy this league like it is 2015 again. No, I am not a high schooler anymore with endless time, I am an adult with a full time job and other responsibilities that I may not have had back in '15. This should not take away from my enjoyment of the league, though, and I want a nice locker room to help with that too. My time spent in the Montreal and West Kendall locker rooms helped me feel like a major part of this community, and if I can replicate that feeling in any way, I will be fulfilled. As for my player, I want Chase Yardley to have a successful career, score lots of goals, add a bunch of helpers. I mostly want to bring a positive energy to wherever I am, help make that a good free agent destination, get a band of brothers (and sisters) together, and go win several Cups. Even if all of that does not happen, but I meet new faces and reconnect with old ones along the way, then my career will be a success!

262 words.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 10:31 PM by Waters.)

Ben Waters Jr. is hoping to be the best product of the Ben Waters agency, but there's a lot of hurdles ahead. None of the players from this agency have managed to make it above 1200 tpe, but Waters Jr. is sure to be the first. I am hoping for him to be one of the best players in the SMJHL as well as the SHL, scoring points like it's the easiest thing to ever be done, and winning cups and awards every year. I've also only been on two teams in my entire career, and that hasn't been too fun. Waters Jr. is going to be an exploration of the SHL, a true mercenary of sorts, except if he likes a place, cause he'll probably just stay there. I am looking forward to a new experience, a refresh on my boring last few players. Short-term, I want to maximise the number of points I get every year, but I have no desire to win. I only want to have a good time and join a fun community of pog little dudes and dudettes. Individual success or team success would both be cool, but I want to make new friends and hang out with cool new peeps. In terms of taking input on my player, I am a blank slate, I don't really care what the player looks like. Hopefully, at the end of my career, I will have met my expectations, others' expectations, and have experienced all the SHL has to offer.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

I am super excited to start my career with Hynek Heidinger! As a player I would like to contribute as much as possible to the team I am drafted to. I am hoping to get a good amount of goals and generate lots of scoring chances. In the long term I am hoping to solidify my name as a bruising winger that can score while staying disciplined and being a team player. I am hoping the team that drafts me into the SMJHL has good management that is willing to help me during my first season by providing advice and alerting me of any potential opportunities that arise to improve my player. For the SHL team that drafts me I don’t really have a preference for the team. As long as they have good management and a fun locker room I’m in. If the team is in a rebuild I hope to contribute the best I can and help us become a contender. If the team is already a contender then I am excited to push for the playoffs and make a name for myself and for our team. The main goal is to have fun and get away from the real world and I am excited to interact with new people and make new friends. If I get into the HoF with Heidinger that would be amazing but it’s not a absolute necessity. As long as he performs decent and is with a good, fun team then that’s all I can ask for.

Tom Taylor is here to achieve in his career to have a long-playing career and be one of the best defensemen in the SMJHL and SHL league's history. Not only that, Tom wants to be inducted into the Hall of Fame by the time he’s done playing in his career. But for now, Tom has a long road ahead. The path he faces is a long, challenging journey to achieve greatness, but what he wants to achieve right now is to get drafted in the upcoming SMJHL draft. He hopes that the team that drafts him will help him grow and improve as a player so he can become the best at his position and eventually get drafted in the SHL. Tom also wants to impact whatever team he gets drafted to right away, whether it’s bringing positive energy or vibes into the locker room, being the leader of the team, scoring goals or assisting goals, winning games, or earning championships. Of course, Tom would love to win a lot of them for individual stats and awards, but these are not his main priorities for his career early as he wants to focus on helping his teams succeed by any means necessary. As Tom adventures through this journey to achieve his dream, he knows it all starts in the SMJHL and his goals. His goals for his first season are to be a great teammate and help contribute to the team's success by ultimately winning a championship and doing whatever he can to make an impression for the SHL scouts. Also, Tom wouldn’t mind winning a few awards for himself in his first season.