Create Account

Air Crou & Pythonic Simmer Punishments and SMJHL Simmer Infractions Update [Updated]

02-25-2022, 12:11 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
02-25-2022, 11:13 AMTommySalami Wrote: Auto-firings are not the way to go.
3 mistakes in a single post season is as incompetent as you can get. If simmers aren't able to sim for any reason, they simply need to let HO and the rest of the sim team know before the sim (or provide a valid excuse after the fact) and they won't face punishment.

This 3 strike system, that resets every post season, is pretty damn fair in my eyes.

I'm not a fan of auto-firing, but I agree here. 3 mistakes in a 2-3 week period is kind of a big deal - especially for a job as important to the league as the simmer. The fact that it doesn't carry over to the following post season is a big plus. How many other jobs do you have a season of probation before the strikes are off your record?

It's not like they're not paying someone for two seasons.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

02-24-2022, 05:57 PMKalakar Wrote:
Quote:Infractions made during playoffs will follow this new structure of:
- 1st strike: $2mil fine
- 2nd strike: Loss of that season’s pay
- 3rd strike: Termination of simmer’s position
All subsequent offenses after the first must be in the same season of playoffs for the increased punishments
Regular season infractions will not count as a strike for playoff punishments

After the third infraction, I come in and sim in your place

I'd like to apply as a simmer please... I intend to commit these infractions as quickly as possible. Hi Kal Smile

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

02-25-2022, 03:33 PMwumaduce Wrote:
02-25-2022, 12:11 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: 3 mistakes in a single post season is as incompetent as you can get. If simmers aren't able to sim for any reason, they simply need to let HO and the rest of the sim team know before the sim (or provide a valid excuse after the fact) and they won't face punishment.

This 3 strike system, that resets every post season, is pretty damn fair in my eyes.

I'm not a fan of auto-firing, but I agree here. 3 mistakes in a 2-3 week period is kind of a big deal - especially for a job as important to the league as the simmer. The fact that it doesn't carry over to the following post season is a big plus. How many other jobs do you have a season of probation before the strikes are off your record?

I completely understand that perspective, but simmer is a job that literally 98% of the site is not willing to do. HO should give themselves the option to fire but why force themselves into an auto-firing? There's always potential scenarios that aren't forseeable.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

02-25-2022, 10:58 PMTommySalami Wrote:
02-25-2022, 03:33 PMwumaduce Wrote: I'm not a fan of auto-firing, but I agree here. 3 mistakes in a 2-3 week period is kind of a big deal - especially for a job as important to the league as the simmer. The fact that it doesn't carry over to the following post season is a big plus. How many other jobs do you have a season of probation before the strikes are off your record?

I completely understand that perspective, but simmer is a job that literally 98% of the site is not willing to do. HO should give themselves the option to fire but why force themselves into an auto-firing? There's always potential scenarios that aren't forseeable.
Except there aren't. There is no situation where a simmer fucks up in the playoffs 3 times and deserves to keep doing a critical job like simming. If they have valid excuses, they won't be punished.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

02-25-2022, 11:29 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
02-25-2022, 10:58 PMTommySalami Wrote: I completely understand that perspective, but simmer is a job that literally 98% of the site is not willing to do. HO should give themselves the option to fire but why force themselves into an auto-firing? There's always potential scenarios that aren't forseeable.
Except there aren't. There is no situation where a simmer fucks up in the playoffs 3 times and deserves to keep doing a critical job like simming. If they have valid excuses, they won't be punished.

Agree to disagree

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points