Create Account

S63 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2022, 08:40 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
DT

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
d. The starting goalies for these teams, Olof Karsikko and A Jobin have been nearly unbeatable up to this point with a 0.937 and a 0.927 SV% respectively. If you’re a player on the other team, how would you get inside their heads so that you can put the puck in the net?
This is an easy one, Jobin has all this time to concentrate on playing hockey and not much else going on, if I wanted him off his game I would hire him for all the site jobs he jokingly applied for. Maybe make him commissioner too, he'd be so busy trying to do all those jobs he wouldn't be able to concentrate on playing hockey and he would definitely struggle without that razor sharp focus of his. Then id cause havoc for all the departments he was in charge of and really take his focus away from the game.

Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, The Peoples’ Favorite
Yes, this task can stay. Design a championship ring for either team, you may use the fancy ring site. Here's a link: https://designer.trophysmack.com/productdesigner/index/index/id/97/template/MTUz/cid/MzMwMDA2MzU2Mjk2Mjk=
[Image: cqveCOD.png]

Code:
10. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S63 Challenge Cup Series
-The S63 Four Star Cup Series
-An S63 IIHF Preview
-A Breakdown of How Your Favorite Professional Hockey Team’s Season is Going

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.
Sorry this is split into 2 parts, I only recorded 7 minutes at first then realized it's 10 minutes I need.
Part 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RCtlYh1...sp=sharing
Part 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_HCO6Sg...sp=sharing

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3181687

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!
WJC is weird, I see they are replacing Young Guns (about time) with Ice??? I don't really know what Ice is, but I hope it is better than putting a bunch of 155 TPE players on a team and watching them get destroyed by the whole league. IIHF this season should be fun for me, it is my first time playing in the big international tournament with Blouin, he bounced around in WJC playing for Sweden, World and Canada, but the best he managed was a silver medal with team sweden. The IIHF this season should see Great Britain coming back from the low parts of the standings and gaining some ground, I also think Japan will take a slight step backwards after an impressive record last season led them to a 3rd place finish in the round robin and a disappointing loss to Canada in round 2.

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, No take backs 2 100 words min
Leviadan has made the grave mistake of becoming PT director. I'm already sapping his life source and joyful innocence (yum). How could you, as a user, also make his job unnecessarily difficult? Make media about his shit PT prompts? Write your submissions in Spanish?
DISCLAIMER: IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO MAKE HIS JOB HARDER YOU WILL BE BANNED 
I could write some code to take away his posting permissions for 1 minute randomly every 15 minutes or so. That should cause some issues... Or maybe change his account name on the site so it logs him out, that way any of these long PTs he is writing could get lost. Then I'd message random people saying the PT team screwed up and gave them too little TPE and to message Levi about it. Probably just create thunderdomes from time to time calling out the terrible PTs and how they are destroying the league. I think those things combined would probably drive him from keeping the job, which sounds like a problem I may have to deal with so let's just not do all that.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2022, 09:58 PM by lmao.)

Claim: +16 TPE

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Word - please

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, Back In My Day (150 words min.)

The SHL has been around for the sim-time equivalent of 63 years now! That’s a lot of time for things to change. What was the league like 62 years ago in season one? Did nobody wear helmets? Were players allowed to smoke on the ice? Plenty would have changed in over six decades!

(160 words)

I feel like the SHL in season 1 would have been very disturbing. Basically, since it was such a long time ago, I think that there would be a lot of the safety measures that we current have that would be missing back in that day. They probably just straight up played without helmets. But you know what, I am guessing that even the damn goalies played without helmets or even masks. I find that a very disturbing proposition. Imagine taking a one hundred mile per hour slap shot directly to the face just because you did not have a mask on. Well I am assuming that they would still be able to shoot that fast. Since they did not have modern stick technology they would probably be shooting way slower than modern day players like Ryujii Minamino. I feel like the players of old definitely would not be able to match up with players like this from older times.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Extinction Event (150 words min.)
Rumour has it that millions of years before the SHL began, there was a pre-historic “Dino Hockey League” that dominated the global sports market before a meteor wiped out most life on the planet. Describe that ancient league. Maybe name a couple of teams or players, tell me about how the Dino league’s rules differed from our current ones? This one is pretty loose, just have fun with it!

Now, let us try to imagine that there was such a thing in prehistoric times called the Dino Hockey League. How would this differ from our current day Simulation Hockey League. Well, I think the main difference would be that there were no humans at all during the prehistoric era. But I do really think that dinosaurs could possibly have had the ability to play hockey. This is evidenced by the fact that the Toronto Raptors exist, and the fact that if we all know that dinosaurs can play basketball, then that must mean that they probably also have the ability to play hockey. The other difference is that there would be no synthetic materials available to make things used to play hockey. Ice would definitely be available, it would just have to be naturally occurring. We would not be able to make rubber so that the dinosaurs could use a puck, but I guess they could use a rock if they wanted to.

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Los Angeles has been riding their top players for almost a full minute more of ice time than Hamilton has theirs. If you were a coach, do you buy into this strategy? Do you let your top guys leave it all out there every night or aim for the most balanced attack possible?
b. Guy O'Shea and Evangelos Giannopoulos have been absolute block machines for Hamilton in the playoffs with 109 between them. If you’re looking for offense in this series, how do you get around these two defensemen?
d. The starting goalies for these teams, Olof Karsikko and A Jobin have been nearly unbeatable up to this point with a 0.937 and a 0.927 SV% respectively. If you’re a player on the other team, how would you get inside their heads so that you can put the puck in the net?

It is always difficult when you have to rely on your top players so much that you have to ride them hard in order to get to victory. It can be a viable strategy, but after a long season and a long road to the finals, it can be very difficult to keep your top players' fitness working.

It can be tough to play against defenseman who are willing to give their all and lay out the body to block any shots that come their way. The solution has to come from the cycle game, making sure that you get open shooting lanes. You cannot just keep taking shots from wherever and hope they get through.

Honestly, as a defenceman, I think that it is really difficult to get in the head of a goaltender that is doing really well and carrying his team. You can try to get dirty in front of the net, but some players may be too honourable for that. It takes a lot to rattle those guys.

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Milestones - +2 TPE

Code:
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

It is always a difficult task to predict the IIHF results, as evidenced by the TPE results that often come out from the predictions TPE. For this prediction though, I would have to say that I would predict Japan to do very well in the IIHF, and this is partially a lot of my bias because I am part of the Japanese team. Team Japan has a lot of solid players which I am familiar with, since a lot of them are my teammates on the Chicago Syndicate. However, one of my other Chicago teammates - Jukka Timonen - and his team of Finland will likely do very well this season if he can put in a strong performance.

[Image: A12A5Km.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2022, 08:41 PM by ZootTX.)

Affiliate PT task (3 TPE)PBE Affiliate

Task 1 (3 TPE) - verification word: blech

Task 2 (3 TPE)

Way, way back, in the original years of the SHL, things were a lot different. This was long before HAM figured out the sim (again) and before the curse of Discord, so all league business had to take place on the forums. There weren’t a lot of rules. Players wore whatever they wanted onto the ice, with no uniform requirements other than skates and a hockey stick. Refs, players, and fans alike often had difficulty telling one team from the other. All games had to be played on outdoor rinks, in season, since there was no such thing as indoor rinks. Forget the modern miracle of the zamboni. Players played on the ice as it was. Fights were much more common, both on the ice and off. Refs often had to give players a good bop on the head to convince them to get into the penalty box. HO consisted of only a few dedicated users desperately trying to keep the league going, one forum post at a time. Was truly an age where men were men and goats were scared.

181 words

Task 12 Milestones (3 TPE)
Verification

Task 13 (3 TPE)

Parity, parody, however you feel about it, I think most players are concerned where the direction the league is headed. Sure, after 10 freaking seasons a new team has finally made the finals, but predictably, their foe is one of the usual suspects. Are we headed in the right direction? I think, at this point, it is far too early to tell. I think we need to see at least 5 seasons where new teams at least make it to the third round of the playoffs and a few new champions emerge before the league reaches the point where we can laugh about ‘the era where Hamilton always won’ or whatever you want to call it. Of course, if it’s TEX/HAM again next year I think we start to see the league fall apart (farther than it is right now) because it's just no fun to feel like you have no chance at winning at all. Is it likely? I’m far too suspicious to think that, but I that doesn’t mean I don’t hope that parity is on its way.

181 words

Task 21 (2 TPE)

Nothing makes me happier than making someone else's sim league life hell! I do know that some sim leagues allow submissions in other languages, but I don’t know if anyone has taken the opportunity to do so. Anything I did would have to be put through Google Translate, but I bet that would be even worse to grade! One thing to make Leviadan’s life harder would be to write your submissions using a variety of fonts, sizes, and colors. Would the graders just give up after suffering from the excruciating headache of trying to read it and give me the TPE? Or deny it? There’s only one way to find out! (just kidding)

113 words

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2022, 12:22 AM by Sburbine.)

Code:

sburb

Code:
a. Los Angeles has been riding their top players for almost a full minute more of ice time than Hamilton has theirs. If you were a coach, do you buy into this strategy? Do you let your top guys leave it all out there every night or aim for the most balanced attack possible?
b. Guy O'Shea and Evangelos Giannopoulos have been absolute block machines for Hamilton in the playoffs with 109 between them. If you’re looking for offense in this series, how do you get around these two defensemen?
c. Los Angeles’ defense, on the other hand, has not been afraid to join the play and put up points. How do you prepare for a five player offensive attack? How do you counter?

a. In the playoffs sometimes the best players have to step up and stay out there much longer than their body's want, I mean there have been plenty of stories of players playing through injury for their chance at the cup. As from a coaching perspective I think it's smart to a point to send your best players out for longer, there is a point where they get tired enough that they're no better than the rest of the team though.
b. Them having a lot of blocks shows that Hamilton has been spending a lot of time in their defensive zone, something you should avoid if you want to win games. As for how you get around them, there is a reason getting open is a meta stat, you can just pass to the guy with a 20 getting open who has no one around them and they'll have a open shot right at the goal.
c. The best defense is a good offense, if you're constantly in the offensive zone those high scoring forwards will be too busy running around trying to block shots to do anything. If you score enough goals than you're guaranteed to win and you'll barely have to do anything defensively to get there, no one likes boring 0-0 hockey game anyway, people go to games for the wheel snipe celly.
d. "Goalie TPE doesn't matter" is too long of a chant to be any good so that's off the table. In al seriousness though, the best way to get in a goalies head is to pepper them with shot after shot, eventually one of them is bound to go in. Having a .927 SV% doesn't matter if you let in 5 goals along the way. You can also try spraying them with ice, seems to work in real life hockey.

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)

BWOMP BWOMP BWOMP PARITY ALERT PARITY ALERT- Well, a new team in the finals since the mid s50s, it only took ten seasons. Is parity solved? Will new teams make it in as the old guard becomes a forgotten waste of brain space? Don't forget, Hamilton is here AGAIN. Yes we have new teams... but what if it's TEX HAM again next season? Is that even likely?
Just because there is one new team certainly doesn't mean that parity is solved, good for LAP for what they've been able to do and I do hope they win for the sake of the league but there are still clearly some issues. Hamilton is here again, despite having pretty much no more TPE due to these new regression rule they still found a way to dominate, especially after the upset to BAP who most people thought would win it all.  Hamilton's ability to somehow do 1 season rebuilds and compete against teams with much higher TPE shows that they have a tactical advantage and if they keep winning a lot of users are going to start getting bored with the league. It'll be interesting to see what all of the currently rebuilding teams will be able to do once they hit their peak, will Hamilton somehow still be winning cups? ( I hope not) Will HO make any changes to actually help with parity instead changing the TPE scale (which helped Hamilton by letting them be good for longer) and increasing regression? (I hope so) Go LAP. 

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Free Advertising 150 words min

If you're in another sim league and are using 4 of those CW tasks here, you can do this task to advertise that league in your CW. What league is it? Is it fun? How does it work? What are the pros/cons of that league, especially in comparison to the SHL?

The SHL is my first sim league, the one I fell in love with after I saw that S62 reddit post that brought in so many new users and I've been very tempted to join other sim leagues and have mostly avoided it because I don't want to get burned out and I don't really have time. The only other league that I have joined is the newly formed SSL, I'm not the biggest soccer fan but since the league is new (close to the end of season 2) I wanted to join to help it grow and see where the league is going. So far I've had a lot of fun over there on Hollywood (maybe because we're the best team and win a lot of games), the locker room has been a nice spot to chill and chat about the matches or pokeclicker. The earning in the league is also pretty easy, it's a TPE based league where you can easily max earn by doing AC checks and posting affiliate links and hopefully one day we'll be able to use SSL links here. I'm an updater in the league and I doubt I'll stay one forever but I can see myself at least continuing to come close to max eraning until my player retires and wins a few championships.

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

SMJHL Milestones

16/16 TPE

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

CW Pass because I wrote the dang thing.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2022, 03:18 PM by steveoiscool.)

1. CW Trivia - 3 TPE

Verification word: sven

The league is finally solved, regression changes fixed everything, and surely we won't get another HAM final win...right? As nice as it is to get 1/2 "new" teams in the finals, we'll have to reserve judgment until the series is actually over to see how much we can actually complain. It does seem like the forum colors have just been rotating from blue to grey to green ever since I've joined the league, it definitely would be nice to see some other colors once in a while here when I post. In all seriousness though, I think this season isn't a huge indication of how the regression changes will affect the league. Next season onwards should really be when we start to see the actual impact of all the changes, so hopefully by then we'll have some actually unique matchups in the postseason. Who knows, maybe next season we actually see two completely new teams in the finals?

14. Written, 3 TPE, Blew it up (150 words min.)

As far as rebuilds go, I think the team that deserves the most credit is the New Orleans Specters. They have gone from being surprised when they win a game to about the halfway ranking in the league in just a few short seasons. Their core seems to be pretty solid, and there's no reason to think that they can't continue to get better. They'll be losing ironman defenseman Lyle Odelein III soon, but they've got plenty of youth to shore up any holes they may have coming up soon. The regression changes should help these teams that were/are in the middle of a rebuild, so we should see a whole season shaved off of the rebuild process, most likely. They will be one of the most interesting teams to watch for me, it will be interesting to see if they have gotten close to their ceiling already as an "average" team, or if they can truly hit that next level and become a championship contender.

This year in the IIHF we'll see Great Britain wake up from their nap and retake their place on top of the league. It is kinda weird how we just didn't have a season last year, but it was a nice break. Canada and USA will continue to have all the pieces in the world but fall short somehow, and Japan/Finland/Norway will continue their strong pushes for silver/bronze. Sweden will be somewhere in there as well, provided they don't make an uncharacteristic first round exit. This season will just be a taste of what's looking to be an era of dominance for Great Britain as their young talent continues to develop.

19. Written, 3 TPE, Bodysnatchers 150 words min

So after all the regression changes, all the scale changes, all the thunderdome posts...we come to realize it's all amounted to nothing, as Texas has taken over Los Angeles Panther's roster through a nefarious body snatching technique. So here we are again, with a Texas Hamilton finals. At this point, we can all throw our hands up and say we tried everything (even if we didn't) and acknowledge that some things in life are inevitable. Going forward, we won't try any more changes to the league to try and increase parity. Instead we will quicksim the entire season and everything up to the finals game, then we will just have a coinflip between who gets to change the forum color for a week: Hamilton, or Texas. I hope everyone likes blue and grey, cause that's all we've got now until the end of time or the SHL, whichever comes first.

+2 TPE - Milestones

16/16

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

pee

Quote:14. Written, 3 TPE, Blew it up (150 words min.)
In your opinion, which team is has performed a successful rebuild and built a legacy around starting from the bottom? What constitutes a successful rebuild? Cups? Playoff appearances? Is this team still poised to do great things in the future?

Hi, I play for Tampa. It's Tampa. We went from cup finals in S50 to blowing it up a few seasons later after we swapped to FHM, literally having an 0-50 season, and now for the last 4 or so seasons we've been consistently in the playoffs and imo we are legitimate contenders for the future to come. I don't think a successful rebuild has to result in cups absolutely. I think the important part is that you are legitimate contenders and that you are consistently making the playoffs and not having disappointing results. I guess to some people that anything less than a cup win is going to constitute a failure but not to me. Sometimes other teams get a bit of luck on their side, sometimes you just didn't have all the right pieces to win that year. But if you are a legitimate threat and contender to win that cup, your rebuild was successful.

157 words

Quote:15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)

I am on team Great Britain so I am predicting that team Great Britain will do great things and very much possibly even win the entire IIHF tournament. I think that Great Britain has a lot of great players such as myself, James Ronlain of course, and I have absolute trust in our great leader of Great Britain PremierBromanov to lead us to victory. As for who I think will not perform well, I'm not sure as I don't really follow the IIHF tournaments all that closely. I couldn't even tell you who is on what team really. USA gonna finish last tho.

103 words

Quote:18. Written, 3 TPE, zzSnoop Lionzz 150 words min
Well it happened. A general strike by the goalie union led to a mass retirement of goalies and now ALL of them have either quit the site (based) or recreated as a skater. HO has implemented a bot goalie system, but decided goalies were too underpowered and gave the goalies 20 in every stat, even the mental ones we can't upgrade. How does the season play out now that goalies are gods (godbots?) among men. Does anything really change?

I mean I think we all more or less know how this one would go right? Goalie TPE doesnt matter so even if they all had 20s in every stat goalies would still be the same. I mean honestly I dont even know how or why anyone plays goalie in the first place. But in all seriousness, I think it probably would have at least somewhat of an effect on the amount of goals per season. We'd probably see shot totals remain the same but see a sharp uptick in save% and a sharp downtick in shot%. I mean to be honest it very well could be a dead puck era for the SHL. Many games being decided by only one goal or goalies flat out stonewalling other teams and seeing shutouts all the time. I'd probably wager there would be only 2 or 3 goals a game as opposed to the insane totals we see these days.

158 words

Quote:20. Written, 3 TPE, Free Advertising 150 words min
If you're in another sim league and are using 4 of those CW tasks here, you can do this task to advertise that league in your CW. What league is it? Is it fun? How does it work? What are the pros/cons of that league, especially in comparison to the SHL?

I'm not using any tasks from another sim league in this CW but I would like to take this time to talk about the Pro Baseball Experience because it's a sim league I hold near and dear to my heart. It works more or less how I'd imagine any sim league does, PTs, money making, updates, etc. The big thing for me in the PBE is that the seasons are shorter and structured so you'll always know when things are happening. I feel like in the SHL a lot of things are a little more disorganized and that kinda irks me. Another great thing about the PBE is the actual simulation itself. You get to see the actual players moving and playing during a game instead of the FHM sim which can feel like a glorified play by play at times. The actual presentation of the live sims is really cool and makes you feel more like youre part of something when you can see your player physically.

168 words

Quote:21. Written, 2 TPE, No take backs 2 100 words min
Leviadan has made the grave mistake of becoming PT director. I'm already sapping his life source and joyful innocence (yum). How could you, as a user, also make his job unnecessarily difficult? Make media about his shit PT prompts? Write your submissions in Spanish?
DISCLAIMER: IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO MAKE HIS JOB HARDER YOU WILL BE BANNED

If I really wanted to make life hell for the PT director I would probably start making graphics for my PTs but put the absolute minimum amount of effor into them just to see what I can really get away with. I'm not very artistically inclined so these graphics would really be the bottom of the barrel here. Like you would be hard pressed to call these actual graphics but I would be trying my damndest to make sure they get counted for my TPE. If the graphics didnt get counted I'd plead my case for days on end trying to make sure I get my hard earned TPE.

109 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

GM CW pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

CW Pass

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2022, 03:51 PM by JamesT.)

Code:

Jammin

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, Back In My Day (150 words min.)
The SHL has been around for the sim-time equivalent of 63 years now! That’s a lot of time for things to change. What was the league like 62 years ago in season one? Did nobody wear helmets? Were players allowed to smoke on the ice? Plenty would have changed in over six decades!

I can only imagine what the league was like 60 years ago. I feel like every 5-10 seasons the players that come into the league are completely different than what we would've have seen when I first joined the league. Players are much more agile, stronger and talented. If we go back to the formation of the SHL, I don't believe helmets, helmet visors or proper hockey equipment would have been created back then. I could only imagine what gruesome injuries players would have endured or experienced without the equipment and technology we have access to today.

The experience for SHL fans would have been only through watching games in person or listening to them via the radio. TV's weren't as popular back then so watching games from home with your buddies would have been very difficult to accomplish. Nowadays you can easily have access to all the SHL games on your devices. 

As a player I do not believe I would have survived the SHL back in the day as I probably would've been bodied by all the bigger players. 

(181 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Those That Came Before (150 words min.)
When did your franchise last win a Challenge Cup? Write about that team, some of the key players, and what intangibles they had going for them to be able to win it all. If your franchise hasn’t yet won a cup, choose any cup winning team and talk about why you’d like your current team to emulate them. Did they have an all time great roster? Were they scrappy under dogs?

My SHL team the Chicago Syndicate last won a challenge cup back in S57. However, at that time I was still playing on my previous player James Truong which was part of the Edmonton Blizzard (which now feels like a lifetime ago). Chicago was in the great lakes division at the time which consisted of arguably the top 4 teams in the entire league (HAM, BUF, CHI and TOR). It was a shame that one of these teams would fail to make the playoffs but that's what it was back then.

Looking at the roster of that Chicago team for that cup winning season they had a few key players that ultimately helped them achieve the championship. Martijn Westbroek led the team in regular season scoring with 87 points, followed by Daniel Smeb with 83 points and Lallo Selman with 72 points.

In the playoffs we had new Syndicate players rise to the occasion such as Nick Connolly who had 23 points in 24 playoff games and Gunnar Soderberg who had 22 points in 24 games. It's during the playoffs when you are able to see all the unsung heroes of your squad and for them to have a moment of greatness when the games matter the most. I was not part of the CHI LR back then, but I am sure it was an awesome place to be when they defeated HAM in game 5 to secure the challenge cup. 

(241 words)

Code:
c. Los Angeles’ defense, on the other hand, has not been afraid to join the play and put up points. How do you prepare for a five player offensive attack? How do you counter?

a.  With what LAP has been doing by letting their top players play the most minutes, it has worked because they are now in the cup finals. If it ain't broke, there is no need to fix it. We often see in playoffs that the best players will often generate the most time on ice so I agree with what the LAP coaching staff is implementing and hope they can take down HAM in the finals. 

(75 words)

b. The two D men on HAM who have been absolute blocking machines (Guy O'Shea and Evangelos Giannopoulos) have made the lives of opposing skaters a nightmare with how many shots they have been able to block. To generate offense past these two, you would have to find open shooting lanes by cycling the puck and making them skate more to fatigue them so hopefully they don't have the stamina to get down and block an incoming shot. Or you can hope to generate offense when they're not on the ice.

(90 words)

c. Having 5 skaters coming down the ice all focused on generating offense is a recipe for disaster. To counter this, you can have a forward cherry pick a little bit and hope one of the D men on your team can stretch a pass over to them so they can likely have an odd man rush or even a breakaway. I would only ever consider having a 5 player offense attack if it's late in the game or my team is already down by a lot and we have nothing to lose.

(92 words)

d. The goalies for both LAP and HAM have been quite remarkable given their TPE levels, but as we have seen in the league how much goalie TPE matters. To get goals past these two, I would get plenty of traffic in front of them so that they have trouble reading what is about to happen and hopefully get some tips/deflections so it is that much harder for them to make a save. Also review tape on them and see where they have allowed the most goals from, whether it be their 5-hole, glove hand, low blocker etc. 

(98 words)

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

S63 J Milestones Claim

Code:
BWOMP BWOMP BWOMP PARITY ALERT PARITY ALERT- Well, a new team in the finals since the mid s50s, it only took ten seasons. Is parity solved? Will new teams make it in as the old guard becomes a forgotten waste of brain space? Don't forget, Hamilton is here AGAIN. Yes we have new teams... but what if it's TEX HAM again next season? Is that even likely?

Even though we have a new team making the finals outside of the big 4 (TEX, CHI, BUF and HAM) I still don't believe parity in the league is quite there yet. HAM still made it to the finals and they had an impressive regular season as well when many thought they would heavily regress this season with many of their top players experiencing the new regression changes that went into effect this season. I guess the coaching team over in HAM have figured out what tactics, sliders and roles will let them have the most success with their roster. 

BAP was the expected favourite to win the cup this season, especially with their off-season moves they made and essentially going all-in this season. BAP had an average TPP of 1643 going into the playoffs, while HAM had an average of 1330. So a 300 TPE difference between the two teams, but HAM was able to overcome BAP and defeat them in 6 games to make the finals.

For LAP and the leagues sake I feel most people in the SHL would want them to beat HAM, because do we really want to see another HAM cup victory. 

(196 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2022, 10:26 AM by JSS331.)

1. Trivia - verification word: Gritty
3/16 TPE
2.  The league sure has changed in the last 62 years.  Many of the rules have shifted towards things like player safety and talk of things like inclusion and equity are now part of the standard lexicon of the league.  62 years ago, things were a little different.  There was no such thing as a concussion, helmets were not used and men used to act like men by taking pride in things like number of broken bones in a season or average number of players in a fight.  If you got knocked out, they dragged you off of the ice, put some smelling salts under your nose and you got back out there.  Now there are things like protocols and baseline testing.  Shoot, half of the players in the league back 62 years ago would have tested as concussed as their baseline, they did not care.  Some would say this has brought some civility to the game, but not me.  We need more fights, more big hits, and more action.
169 words 6/16 TPE

a.  It really depends on the make up of the team.  Sure you want your best players on the ice in the big moments but most of the championship winners in any professional sport have depth that produces in the big games.  This allows their stars to be fresh and play at their full potential verse being tired and used up each game. 
b.  It is about f'ing time a championship week task mentioned Guy O'Shea.  Guy and Evangelos are absolute beasts who are not afraid of getting in front of a few shots.  Is it any coincidence that they also share the same initials (at least I assume this about @JSS).  If Ham wins the cup, it may end up being known as the Great Wall of JSS.  Fact is the JSS crew dominates the ice and has done our best to help out our legendary goalie @Jobin.  Go Steelhawks.
c.  There are many styles out there that can be successful in hockey.  It does not always require the defense to activate into the offensive strategy but it sure does help.  They will need to figure out if their forwards can carry the play in the zone enough to not rely on the dmen to rain shots in from the point.  My hope is they cannot and Ham wins.
d. This is a tough one but sometimes you have to hit them right where it counts.  The fact is it is widely known that Olof's sisters are great looking women who are very attracted to hockey players.  It may need to come out that they had tangled it up with a few of the guys on the Panthers and get some inter team fighting going on.  It would be too easy to say that the Steelhawks got in there but that may just piss him off.  Nobody wants a 6'5' pissed off Fin in net.
10/16 TPE

Milestones 3 TPE
13/16 TPE

19.  The mass goalie strike, led by Jobin probably, has hit the SHL in a bad way.  At this point the league has turned to bots who are way overpowered to fill in and keep the league going.  It seems that they went overboard by a bit because they have full 20's stats and shutouts are skyrocketing across the league.  Forwards are now debating going on strike as they feel that this is a move by the league to keep their stats down and make contract negotiations work in the team's favor going forward.  Defensemen are not too upset as they know they can make some mistakes and still not give up a ton of goals while on ice.  It is definitely not the same feel as when we had live goalies and people are starting to boycott the league due to boring games that that feature very little scoring.  In the end, the almighty dollar speaks louder than anything and the league changed the programming on the bots so they allowed more scoring.  
173 words 16/16 TPE

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Clairvoyant: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/9...nknown.png +3

(3 TPE)

Procrastinator Special: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/7...nknown.png +3

(6 TPE)

Dont work free: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/7...nknown.png +3

(9 TPE)

The Peoples Favorite: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/7...nknown.png +2

(11 TPE)

Misprint: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/7...nknown.png +3
No take backs:  TRANSLATION IS AT THE BOTTOM, PLEASE DONT BAN ME FOR MAKING IT MORE DIFFICULT

まず、ポイントタスクの回答をすべて異なる言語で送信することから始めます
'ai i le tautalaga yoda o le a ou sosoo ai, hmmmmm
então eu começaria a destruir os prompts de tarefas pontuais em um podcast
às deidh na podcasts, bhithinn a’ tòiseachadh a’ dèanamh ghrafaigean a’ dèanamh magadh air na molaidhean gnìomh puing
ثم سأبدأ في مراسلته مباشرة على الخلاف وعلى الموقع ، لإخباره بمدى غباء المطالبات
és végül webhelyvideókat és Twitter-bejegyzéseket csinálnék, amelyek kigúnyolják a lényegi feladatparancsokat

TRANSLATION: 

(in japanese) First of all, i would start off by submitting all of my point task answers in different languages

(in samoan) partake in yoda talk i would next, hmmmmm?

(in portuguese) then i would start trashing on the point task prompts in a podcast

(in Scottish Gaelic) after the podcasts, i'd start making graphics making fun of the point task prompts

(in arabic) then i'd start direct messaging him on discord and on the site, telling him how stupid the prompts are

(in hungarian) and finally, i would make site videos and twitter posts making fun of the point task prompts

GM CW PASS

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

pass

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]