Create Account

Fix Simulation

So what I’ve seen just in being back is Goalies playing bad, and a ton of goals being scored on hitting and checking. So you see one team dominate and easily put up 10-12 goals a game on average. 

My suggestion is fully move over to FHM 8 it’s been well improved. Have a crew get together and work out build maxes. Because this you can just build everything and Player Types should not be able to just free roam everything to max. FHM has improved from 6 and 7. There are more in game situations you can choose from to make it more strategic (but for sake of Simmers I’d turn that off because it would be a pain in the ass) as far as game play is concerned when you begin to create the league from scratch I believe you can set an average goals seen per game. I might have to double check, but I believe that’s the case. That way this for one levels out the playing field and people can’t just completely annihilate everyone based on simulation loop holes. I’d personally put a limit on checking and hitting. I would also limit other areas. I just have a feeling that with builds it would be a lot better, and a lot more interest in games.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Moving to FHM 8 is definitely something I think will help, but I don't envy the team that will have to move everything over and do the setup. As long as moving to the newer (and more costly) game doesn't prevent users from trying to get more involved in learning and GMing, I think it'll be a good move when it happens.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

This surely isn't reactionary.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I don’t know if it will be viable.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2022, 02:09 PM by SDCore.)

We do set avg goals per game. It's set at 6.27. But remember, avg is just that, an aggregate avg. so 1-0 game can and will have a counter part of a 7-3 game to get to an avg, goals per game.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-01-2022, 02:03 PMsve7en Wrote: This surely isn't reactionary.
It isn’t really. From my perspective this is for both SHL and SMJHL. Hamilton and Baltimore are both the same way and miles in front of the pack. Newfoundland is pretty much the sole one in the SMJHL. I’m just looking at it from league perspective people are able to take advantage of simulation flaws rather than it being a bit more balanced out and a bit more realistic. 50-60 shots a game for team like Hamilton or Baltimore or even Newfoundland if you wanna talk about their team that isn’t realistic. An unrealistic amount of turnovers from what I’ve seen in both Simulations. If you think it’s reactionary I guess go ahead and feel that way. I’m looking at it from more of a League perspective just overall. I’d say the same thing if it was my team doing it.

I just want realism and betterment of the league, and it might gain more interest as well. That’s all I’m going for. I meant to make this a few weeks ago, but due to league tasks I had to do, and my job. I wasn’t able to make time to go into further detail.

as far as I know, we are figuring out when and if a move to 8 is a good idea. The goals average never sat well with me, as it sort of forces these weird corrections in the sim.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

03-01-2022, 01:47 PMShylo_Moxii Wrote: My suggestion is fully move over to FHM 8 it’s been well improved.

I'd be for this if there weren't an IRL problem. There are 20 SHL teams and 16 SMJHL teams. Each has 2 people who are required to have sim software, before you get the head offices, IIHF fed heads, coaches, simmers, and game file updaters. Once you include them, you're asking a good size chunk of the site to buy a whole new game.

I'm sure there's a group every year that is looking and testing. I'm sure you're right about how many elements would be fixed. But it was almost a whole IRL year with the work of a sizeable team to build the index. It was two seasons of a ton of initial testing before moving from STHS. There are still build rule changes made according to growing understanding of FHM 6.

So I think the preventative questions are as such:
1) What does it break in the current site infrastructure?
2) Are we going to be a league that basically charges a subscription of $40 at some kind of interval to be involved in management or files?

The thing is, we probably will upgrade eventually-- once there is a suitable answer at least to Question #1. Whether that's FHM 8, 9, or a further-out version remains to be seen.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

03-01-2022, 03:06 PMOk Capt_Blitzkrieg Wrote:
03-01-2022, 01:47 PMShylo_Moxii Wrote: My suggestion is fully move over to FHM 8 it’s been well improved.

I'd be for this if there weren't an IRL problem. There are 20 SHL teams and 16 SMJHL teams. Each has 2 people who are required to have sim software, before you get the head offices, IIHF fed heads, coaches, simmers, and game file updaters. Once you include them, you're asking a good size chunk of the site to buy a whole new game.

I'm sure there's a group every year that is looking and testing. I'm sure you're right about how many elements would be fixed. But it was almost a whole IRL year with the work of a sizeable team to build the index. It was two seasons of a ton of initial testing before moving from STHS. There are still build rule changes made according to growing understanding of FHM 6.

2) Are we going to be a league that basically charges a subscription of $40 at some kind of interval to be involved in management or files?

The thing is, we probably will upgrade eventually-- once there is a suitable answer at least to Question #1. Whether that's FHM 8, 9, or a further-out version remains to be seen.
To answer the first question I’m pretty sure FHM 8 is basically the same coding as 6. So changing the index shouldn’t be that difficult. (Yes they are very very annoying to import files) 2 no. I actually got FHM 8 on sale because of SHL I got it for the package of both games it was 29.99. For FHM alone it was 19.99. Updating every single time isn’t needed but FHM 6 isn’t that good when you look at FHM 8 in vast improvement and if it turns out to be the best one then you won’t have to really ever change again. Yes a lot of work comes with it, but things are going to need to be changed because some people have already said they aren’t that entertained rn. I’ve seen some comments that said the league is dying. I’m just coming up with some ways to maybe fix that process. Is it going to be difficult yes a transition to 8 or 9 isn’t that bad I personally think. Archetypes won’t be that hard to accomplish.

03-01-2022, 02:51 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: as far as I know, we are figuring out when and if a move to 8 is a good idea. The goals average never sat well with me, as it sort of forces these weird corrections in the sim.
I’m on 8 and it feels vastly better

Where are we seeing 10 or 12 goals on average for a team?

[Image: rotti.gif]

03-01-2022, 03:27 PMRotticusScott Wrote: Where are we seeing 10 or 12 goals on average for a team?
10-12 Goals per game not on average for a team. But apparently it was 6.27 Goals on average per SDCore

03-01-2022, 03:15 PMShylo_Moxii Wrote:
03-01-2022, 03:06 PMOk Capt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: I'd be for this if there weren't an IRL problem. There are 20 SHL teams and 16 SMJHL teams. Each has 2 people who are required to have sim software, before you get the head offices, IIHF fed heads, coaches, simmers, and game file updaters. Once you include them, you're asking a good size chunk of the site to buy a whole new game.

To answer the first question I’m pretty sure FHM 8 is basically the same coding as 6. So changing the index shouldn’t be that difficult. (Yes they are very very annoying to import files) 2 no. I actually got FHM 8 on sale because of SHL I got it for the package of both games it was 29.99. For FHM alone it was 19.99. Updating every single time isn’t needed but FHM 6 isn’t that good when you look at FHM 8 in vast improvement and if it turns out to be the best one then you won’t have to really ever change again. Yes a lot of work comes with it, but things are going to need to be changed because some people have already said they aren’t that entertained rn. I’ve seen some comments that said the league is dying. I’m just coming up with some ways to maybe fix that process. Is it going to be difficult yes a transition to 8 or 9 isn’t that bad I personally think. Archetypes won’t be that hard to accomplish.

I understand you're coming from a place of valid concern in wanting to improve the League we all care about. But, I think there's a bit of naivety in this in thinking changing the index won't be that difficult, that having everyone interested in GM'ing needing to buy another game as not that big of an issue, and most of all saying that Archetypes won't be that hard to accomplish. The PBE is already showing how difficult archetypes are, it's not just a snap your fingers "not that hard" thing to do. Again, I get you're coming from a respectable position, but a lot of these things aren't as easy as "just do it".

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

03-01-2022, 03:55 PMNo ACapitalChicago Wrote:
03-01-2022, 03:15 PMShylo_Moxii Wrote: To answer the first question I’m pretty sure FHM 8 is basically the same coding as 6. So changing the index shouldn’t be that difficult. (Yes they are very very annoying to import files) 2 no. I actually got FHM 8 on sale because of SHL I got it for the package of both games it was 29.99. For FHM alone it was 19.99. Updating every single time isn’t needed but FHM 6 isn’t that good when you look at FHM 8 in vast improvement and if it turns out to be the best one then you won’t have to really ever change again. Yes a lot of work comes with it, but things are going to need to be changed because some people have already said they aren’t that entertained rn. I’ve seen some comments that said the league is dying. I’m just coming up with some ways to maybe fix that process. Is it going to be difficult yes a transition to 8 or 9 isn’t that bad I personally think. Archetypes won’t be that hard to accomplish.

I understand you're coming from a place of valid concern in wanting to improve the League we all care about. But, I think there's a bit of naivety in this in thinking changing the index won't be that difficult, that having everyone interested in GM'ing needing to buy another game as not that big of an issue, and most of all saying that Archetypes won't be that hard to accomplish. The PBE is already showing how difficult archetypes are, it's not just a snap your fingers "not that hard" thing to do. Again, I get you're coming from a respectable position, but a lot of these things aren't as easy as "just do it".
I don’t think it’s laughably easy. I believe it can be an easy transition. My thought on how that will be done would be we go through at least another if not 2 more seasons with FHM 6 while rosters and team creation everything in game is being built with a separate team. That way it gives GMs and Co-GMs and others ample time to understand a transition is coming. I don’t think holding off the league and prioritizing FHM 8 would be the right process. I think the max cap setup would be easier if you add that into the player build at the end some thing like Offensive read 14 (18) where the (18) is the max. I respect that it’s going to be a hard process I’ve done it a couple times myself it’s not easy easy, but it’s easy if you have a good set of people doing it whenever they get some time. Getting the best solution possible to move along to it would be good for everyone, but I’m also thinking maybe FHM 8 is a much needed change we’ll see.