Create Account

S64 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 04:12 PM by NOLA.)

- Player Name: Nolan Krewe

- Position: D

- Recreate or First-Gen: First-Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site: Searching the Web for an NHL GM Sim 

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): NOLA_4114#2571

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey?
Not at the moment. We’ll see how this goes and maybe keep looking for that GM sim. I am into hockey, even though I was raised in an unconventional ice hockey market. 

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
Varies. I am in grad school and semesters, coursework, etc varies.

- Is water wet?
Does a frog bump its ass when it jumps?

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?
I honestly have no idea. I’m too new to this game to have expectations. I guess a team full of people I wouldn’t mind grabbing a beer with (not literally) would be aight. 

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? 
I imagine anything more than a couple seasons in the minors would be a huge buzzkill. Call me up coach!

- In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room?
Teammates that will help scrub your back without thinking anything of it.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?
I know who the Kelowna Rockets are.

- How do you feel about walruses?
They look mean as shit.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. 
I’m a big fan of the documentary that showcases the Philadelphia Flyers beating the ever-living-shit out of the Soviet National Team

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? 
Recently got into motorcycles. Never imagined being a future organ donor, but I got licensed and bought an electric bike to ride around and save on gas.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)
I’m a history nerd and love the book “Manhunt” about the 12-day search for John Wilkes Booth. Just a lot of shit they don’t cover in US History class.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?
Personality and player movement

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?
I have never ever gotten into Pokémon

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?
As I told one GM, I am building a Cajun Victor Hedman

HO

- Player Name: Portgas D. Ace

- Position: Left Wing

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Monkey D. Luffy

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): ǝuᴉʇɐʇs∀#4501

GMs

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey? nope

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Depends. I'm usually around while at work on discord

- Is water wet? no

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? To win a four star cup

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? long long time

- In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room? fun times and good memes

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? yea i've been there

- How do you feel about walruses? TDW is pretty cool lmfao

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. Luffy scoring in G7 OT to win the cup

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? elden ring

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) The Name of the Wind

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Winning

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I have alakazam tattoo, but its Shiny Mega-Gengar

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Top of the points chart or bust

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Code:

Code:
- Player Name: C Jobin

- Position: C but really any F position, idc

- Recreate or First-Gen?: recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player?: Reid Sutherland

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?: N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Reid#9004

Code:
- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey?: I was in PBE very briefly, but only SHL, and I am all about it. Dont have the time to do others

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.): Will certainly find time to be a part of the team, I am an SHL co-GM so that will take up my time. Also happy to mentor younger players.

- Is water wet?: If I shit in the woods and no one is around to smell it, did I still go?

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?: looking for some fun, it would be cool if we did well, as my players never do that well. Playing a defensive center, so a DFOTY would be cool

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?: Callup will depend on SEA needs, but realisitically down for all seasons. Looking to be a defensive center, and would love to play top PK and be a main player eventually.

- In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room?: activity, memes, and good times

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?: I went to a pyramid winery there once, it was decent.

- How do you feel about walruses?: solid 5/10

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. : saw TBB vs VAN live right after 3v3 OT was introduced. That was the best 5 minutes of hockey I have ever seen.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?: F1, work, biking, working out.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Idk if i can remember/think of best, but the most recent that was excellent was "how to build a car" by Adrian Newey. Really good F1 technical book that gets into the history, and the process that goes into aerodynamical design.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: having fun with buddies, the community has kept me here.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?: Squirtle. Poor guy gets made fun of too much.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?: Defensive forward. I want to be the JURT of this draft class 

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Player Name: Hynek Heidinger

Position: LW

Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen

First-Gens: How did you find the site? Through Google and the STHS forums as well as the VHL.

Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Cool Beans#6701

Are you in any other sim leagues? Or, are you all about that hockey?

I am currently in the VHL and have been in a STHS GM league for 6+ years

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

It varies from week to week depending on a lot of things. Minimum 3 hours.

- Is water wet?

Is ice cold?

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?

I'm looking for a good locker room with no drama and management that can help with my players development.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

Im just looking to have fun. I hope my player performs well and if he gets any personal awards that would be great. I would like to help my team as best I can and contribute as much as possible.

No toxicity or drama.

Of course! Beautiful place.

Everything and everyone has a purpose, including Walruses I guess.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.

I remember going to an Oilers game for the first time. It was super loud but super fun!

Haven't really had time for any hobbies really, does travelling count?

Maybe not the best book but there was a series about cats who lived in the wild and talked amongst themsleves. They had tribes and everything. I don't remember the name of the books but everytime I see a cat now I think, do they talk to each other and is it part of some kind of cat tribe?

The people. People can make or break your experience and if you only have mean or toxic people on your team or in your circle then it can really ruin everything.

Haven't really played attention to Pokemon since elementary school. I guess i'd have to say Squirtle.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

A tough power forward like player who can put the puck in the net and create shooting and passing lanes in front of the net.

- Player Name: Aleksi Kettu

- Position: C

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Tanner and Michael Fox

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Fuzz#3896

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey?
I think I still have players in other leagues but I’m only active here.

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
Too many and not enough

- Is water wet?
Stop that

Good people and a good time

I’m going to play things as needed based on what happens up in Los Angeles.

The way people interact with each other, help each other out.

Sort of

Not good goalies

Hurricanes winning the Cup, and the Justin Faulk breakaway goal against the Islanders after coming out of the penalty box in Game 3 of the 2nd round of the playoffs a few years back

This god forsaken site

I legitimately can’t say I remember

The friends you make along the way

Pikachu, it’s the one I can remember

Big bodied, screening center

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Player name: Matthew McGarry
Position: RW
Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen
How did you find the server? Shylo recruited me
Full discord name: Hallsyy#6770

- Player Name: Ronnie Pickering

- Position: Center

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Satoru Gojō (pain)

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Matty#7478

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey?: Technically a bunch, actively ISFL and PBE mainly.

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.): Define free… not very many but I try to pop in when I can.

- Is water wet?: Yes. Or no. Maybe.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?: Good vibes, that’s all I want.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?: I’ve let down many others before by being overly ambitious about things and failing to deliver, so this time I will just play things by ear.

- In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room?: Good vibes, people not trying to but heads all the time.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?: You already know.

- How do you feel about walruses?: I have little to say about walruses.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.: The first game of the Rangers’ 1963 season against the Chicago Black Hawks.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?: Getting back into racing video games recently with GT7 out.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Recently, has to be “Everyone You Hate is Going to Die” by Daniel Sloss. Why? Funny.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Good vibes and everybody appreciating one another.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?: Wooper. Do I even need to say?

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?: Don’t even know, I just want to vibe on both sides of the puck.

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

Player Name: Marty Sanderson the Third
Position: RW
Recreate or First Gen: Gen
Full Discord Name: Flinch#8838
Are you in any other sim leagues? GM sims not player
How many hours a week do you usually have free? Lots I hate working so I ignore my job duties to shit post about hockey
Is water wet? Not always
What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? Winners
What are the expectations of your juniors career? Blow through it
In your opinion, what makes a good locker room? Pranks, helmets n gloves, beer
Have you heard about Kelowna prior to joining this league? Ye, from BC.
How do you feel about walruses? take em or leave em
What is your favorite hockey memory? Trevor linden return to van
Any hobbies I’ve been into lately? No I'm not sure who put this questionare together
What is the best book I’ve read and why? Read?
What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Activness
What’s your favorite pokemon, and why? Sandslash because he has spikes and turtles are neat
What type of player are you looking to build? Gritty fun yielding rw genius

tryna make a change

Dog gone it, looks like I missed 6 TPE  Dodgy

[Image: michiganshl.gif]