Create Account

Change to GM Recreation Rules

03-05-2022, 11:34 PMlespoils Wrote:
03-05-2022, 10:09 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Well at least this changes it so these cases no longer have a gm being greedy by exploiting their leverage to not use one of their 4 1sts on themselves

so the problem was that they gave up assets and traded to acquire 4 firsts? if they hadn't, would it have been ok for Wally to pick himself in the 2nd then?

is pick value relative to how many other picks the team owns in the same draft?
When Ace recreated in S61, the Aurora didn’t have a 1st and Ace took himself in the 2nd round. I don’t know what the context behind that was, but there seems to have been a gentleman’s agreement then.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

03-05-2022, 10:28 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: The rulebook has been updated to reflect this change.

Thank you, have a terrific night, be kind to one another.

no

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-05-2022, 11:44 PMboom Wrote:
03-05-2022, 11:34 PMlespoils Wrote: so the problem was that they gave up assets and traded to acquire 4 firsts? if they hadn't, would it have been ok for Wally to pick himself in the 2nd then?

When Ace recreated in S61, the Aurora didn’t have a 1st and Ace took himself in the 2nd round. I don’t know what the context behind that was, but there seems to have been a gentleman’s agreement then.

context is important for these situations too. S61 was a good draft where a GM taking themselves with the 2nd pick of R2 was fine because players about as valuable as Ace were still available around that pick. Wally is objectively worth way more than the players around where he planned on taking himself so he is just trying to give himself a competitive advantage by doing what he did. Luke stopped him from getting said advantage. Why is he the bad guy here? This rule being made doesn't change that Wally tried to take advantage of what was at the time an unfair situation that favors him and Luke stopped it

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

03-05-2022, 11:34 PMlespoils Wrote:
03-05-2022, 10:09 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Well at least this changes it so these cases no longer have a gm being greedy by exploiting their leverage to not use one of their 4 1sts on themselves

so the problem was that they gave up assets and traded to acquire 4 firsts? if they hadn't, would it have been ok for Wally to pick himself in the 2nd then?

The way the rules are prior to this change pretty strongly imply you weren't supposed to be able to get a freebie by letting your valuable GM player slide beyond where they should go if you lack the tenure. Wally tried to do just that, and Luke stopped him. Wally had every opportunity to pick himself at a spot worth his value and Luke said he'd take him 19th if he passed on doing so. Wally didn't do that so Luke did what he said he'd do. I agree with this new rule but this is how I see things as the rule was up to this change.

03-06-2022, 12:02 AMGwdjohnson Wrote: context is important for these situations too. S61 was a good draft where a GM taking themselves with the 2nd pick of R2 was fine because players about as valuable as Ace were still available around that pick. Wally is objectively worth way more than the players around where he planned on taking himself so he is just trying to give himself a competitive advantage by doing what he did. Luke stopped him from getting said advantage. Why is he the bad guy here? This rule being made doesn't change that Wally tried to take advantage of what was at the time an unfair situation that favors him and Luke stopped it

But you say the problem is that he had 4 firsts and chose to not use one of them. If he didn't have those 1sts, would it have been okay then to pick himself in the 2nd?

If not, why does it matter how many firsts he had?

If yes... wut?

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 12:25 AM by boom.)

03-06-2022, 12:16 AMlespoils Wrote:
03-06-2022, 12:02 AMGwdjohnson Wrote: context is important for these situations too. S61 was a good draft where a GM taking themselves with the 2nd pick of R2 was fine because players about as valuable as Ace were still available around that pick. Wally is objectively worth way more than the players around where he planned on taking himself so he is just trying to give himself a competitive advantage by doing what he did. Luke stopped him from getting said advantage. Why is he the bad guy here? This rule being made doesn't change that Wally tried to take advantage of what was at the time an unfair situation that favors him and Luke stopped it

But you say the problem is that he had 4 firsts and chose to not use one of them. If he didn't have those 1sts, would it have been okay then to pick himself in the 2nd?

If not, why does it matter how many firsts he had?

If yes... wut?
I agree with Lespoils, it seems a little weird to judge based on the perceived ‘quality’ of a draft or how many picks the GM had. This rule change takes a lot of the subjectivity out of it.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

03-06-2022, 12:02 AMGwdjohnson Wrote:
03-05-2022, 11:44 PMboom Wrote: When Ace recreated in S61, the Aurora didn’t have a 1st and Ace took himself in the 2nd round. I don’t know what the context behind that was, but there seems to have been a gentleman’s agreement then.

context is important for these situations too. S61 was a good draft where a GM taking themselves with the 2nd pick of R2 was fine because players about as valuable as Ace were still available around that pick. Wally is objectively worth way more than the players around where he planned on taking himself so he is just trying to give himself a competitive advantage by doing what he did. Luke stopped him from getting said advantage. Why is he the bad guy here? This rule being made doesn't change that Wally tried to take advantage of what was at the time an unfair situation that favors him and Luke stopped it

I can easily see about 8 players that were of equal value TPE wise of where Luke took Wally, which would have easily fit in the next toronto picks or so, so i don't know where you are going by saying that no one was as valuable as Wally was at that position.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 12:51 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

03-06-2022, 12:41 AMEvok Wrote:

I can easily see about 8 players that were of equal value TPE wise of where Luke took Wally, which would have easily fit in the next toronto picks or so, so i don't know where you are going by saying that no one was as valuable as Wally was at that position.

Wally's done everything just hasnt updated in about a month

03-06-2022, 12:49 AMGwdjohnson Wrote:
03-06-2022, 12:41 AMEvok Wrote: I can easily see about 8 players that were of equal value TPE wise of where Luke took Wally, which would have easily fit in the next toronto picks or so, so i don't know where you are going by saying that no one was as valuable as Wally was at that position.

Wally's done everything just hasnt updated in about a month

Just like many users who are out of playoffs, i checked he has max 20 tpe more than he claimed that is posted. Shocking difference.

03-06-2022, 12:53 AMEvok Wrote:
03-06-2022, 12:49 AMGwdjohnson Wrote: Wally's done everything just hasnt updated in about a month

Just like many users who are out of playoffs, i checked he has max 20 tpe more than he claimed that is posted. Shocking difference.

A similar thing happened to us in Buf in s53 when JY was calling Lee’s bluff regarding zombo slipping in the draft. Lee ultimately relented and drafted zombo top 10 rather than waiting til like 22 or whatever second rounder we had, Wally had time to draft himself and should’ve.

Wally just fucked around and found it

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

03-06-2022, 01:41 AMfishy Wrote:
03-06-2022, 12:53 AMEvok Wrote: Just like many users who are out of playoffs, i checked he has max 20 tpe more than he claimed that is posted. Shocking difference.

A similar thing happened to us in Buf in s53 when JY was calling Lee’s bluff regarding zombo slipping in the draft. Lee ultimately relented and drafted zombo top 10 rather than waiting til like 22 or whatever second rounder we had, Wally had time to draft himself and should’ve.

Wally just fucked around and found it

Sorry fishy, but i dont believe those situation are at all comparable.

Sometimes you just gotta show them what's up. Hate the game, not the player.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

03-05-2022, 11:08 PMstorm Wrote: imagine drafting another GM absolute scumbag move i would have never done anything like this

That was one of my favourite SHL moments to date tbh
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 08:20 AM by sve7en.)

So wait, Wally is willing to pay a 2nd (use 21oa on himself) in order to get his old player out of the way and some combination of do right by Carpy who's wanting to stay with a new gm, free up cap space to give to others, and/or something else and some of you think that

A. He's not giving up enough, when he could have waited to recreate and drafted his player for free.

B. It's a legitimately good move to throw away a first in order to "teach him a lesson", but not accomplish anything except fuck with a J team and tell a bunch of people they don't matter to you.

Wally didn't "fuck around and find out". Hell even the marginal loss in tpe and change of season for his player is offset by having an extra player available at each of his picks. Some of y'all just don't like the dude and Luke literally ended up both helping him out and hurting others in some big brain idea lol.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 09:36 AM by trella.)

Pretty silly to waste a 1st when wally can just retire

This is a good change. Situations like this do nothing but waste everyone’s time and create more fighting in gm chat.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM