Create Account

Change to GM Recreation Rules

If you want a player you should draft them before someone else can.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Pretty sure this happened way before when samee was gm and didn't take his player in first rd and was drafted by someone else and then he retired, so this isn't the first time we've seen this situation

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Hey all… I appreciate the interest in the decisions that were made. I also acknowledge both sides of the conversation. However this rule change absolutely hammers home where the real competitive advantage was in the process.

From timeline perspective, I provided absolute clarity. I would take my player with a second round pick and I also explained my reasoning before Luke, Corey, JY and Acso came in with their threats to take Stubbs in the 1st.

In my opinion, I was offering to pay a second round pick for something that some GMs are required to pay nothing for, including a GM this draft Acsolap. So digress from that… I’m offering to pay for my player that another GM paid nothing for. They still got to use their draft picks and they still got to add to their pipeline.

I mean… is that fair? Isn’t that a competitive edge?

But yet I was offering to pay for my player and it’s twisted into this false narrative that I’m creating a competitive advantage. In any situation, you can always angle an argument to fit your narrative and some will say I’m doing so now and that’s okay… but the facts paint a clearer picture.

1. I specifically explained what my plans were because I didn’t want to be perceived as sneaky or manipulating. I provided my reasoning and explained the responses I would have.

2. Luke, Corey, JY and Acso all came in with a threat to take Stubbs in a first round. Citing unfair competitive advantage.

3. Prior to draft, discussion was had again and Luke was adamant and I made it clear that if he was still available I would take him in the second.

4. Stubbs taken 19th OA by New England.

5. Red Kirkby, Acsolap, auto drafted to Philly in the 5th round after trading away their 1st round pick.

6. Stubbs retired.

There was no bluffing, there weren’t stupid games and there were no plans for negotiations afterwards. Toronto is worth more than acknowledging Luke’s trying power and control… and I won’t let him dictate us nor let an unfair advantage hinder Toronto.

I appreciate many of the supportive messages and understanding. I’m sorry for the Regina Elks getting tied up in the matter and truly am thankful for their understanding and communication and support. I’m looking forward to creating my next player accordingly and joining them again.

I appreciate that HO came to the conclusion that they did and made the change to eliminate the real competitive edge that this rule truly created.

[Image: Wally.png]

03-06-2022, 11:45 AMWally Wrote: Hey all… I appreciate the interest in the decisions that were made. I also acknowledge both sides of the conversation.  However this rule change absolutely hammers home where the real competitive advantage was in the process.

From timeline perspective, I provided absolute clarity. I would take my player with a second round pick and I also explained my reasoning before Luke, Corey, JY and Acso came in with their threats to take Stubbs in the 1st.

In my opinion, I was offering to pay a second round pick for something that some GMs are required to pay nothing for, including a GM this draft Acsolap. So digress from that… I’m offering to pay for my player that another GM paid nothing for. They still got to use their draft picks and they still got to add to their pipeline.

But yet I was offering to pay for my player and it’s twisted into this false narrative that I’m creating a competitive advantage. In any situation, you can always angle an argument to fit your narrative and some will say I’m doing so now and that’s okay… but the facts paint a clearer picture.

1. I specifically explained what my plans were because I didn’t want to be perceived as sneaky or manipulating. I provided my reasoning and explained the responses I would have.

2. Luke, Corey, JY and Acso all came in with a threat to take Stubbs in a first round. Citing unfair competitive advantage.

3. Prior to draft, discussion was had again and Luke was adamant and I made it clear that if he was still available I would take him in the second.

5. Red Kirkby, Acsolap, auto drafted to Philly in the 5th round after trading away their 1st round pick.

6. Stubbs retired.

I waited the prerequisite seasons to retire so that I didn't have to take my player in the first. An option that was entirely open to you and has been established for literal years.

I never said I would use a first round pick on you lol.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

03-06-2022, 12:05 PMAcsolap Wrote:
03-06-2022, 11:45 AMWally Wrote: Hey all… I appreciate the interest in the decisions that were made. I also acknowledge both sides of the conversation.  However this rule change absolutely hammers home where the real competitive advantage was in the process.

6. Stubbs retired.

I waited the prerequisite seasons to retire so that I didn't have to take my player in the first. An option that was entirely open to you and has been established for literal years.

[Image: F010-E8-CD-FD80-400-C-AA22-C020-C66-A5077.jpg]

03-06-2022, 12:09 PMWally Wrote:
03-06-2022, 12:05 PMAcsolap Wrote: I waited the prerequisite seasons to retire so that I didn't have to take my player in the first. An option that was entirely open to you and has been established for literal years.

[Image: F010-E8-CD-FD80-400-C-AA22-C020-C66-A5077.jpg]

Seeing as you clearly have problems with reading I'll help you out.

[Image: Screenshot_20220306-161509.jpg]

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

03-06-2022, 12:16 PMAcsolap Wrote:
03-06-2022, 12:09 PMWally Wrote: [Image: F010-E8-CD-FD80-400-C-AA22-C020-C66-A5077.jpg]

Seeing as you clearly have problems with reading I'll help you out.

[Image: Screenshot_20220306-161509.jpg]

I had 21OA.

6. Stubbs retired.

There was no bluffing, there weren’t stupid games and there were no plans for negotiations afterwards. Toronto is worth more than acknowledging Luke’s trying power and control… and I won’t let him dictate us nor let an unfair advantage hinder Toronto.

I appreciate many of the supportive messages and understanding. I’m sorry for the Regina Elks getting tied up in the matter and truly am thankful for their understanding and communication and support.  I’m looking forward to creating my next player accordingly and joining them again.

I appreciate that HO came to the conclusion that they did and made the change to eliminate the real competitive edge that this rule truly created.

Quote:In my opinion, I was offering to pay a second round pick for something that some GMs are required to pay nothing for, including a GM this draft Acsolap. So digress from that… I’m offering to pay for my player that another GM paid nothing for. They still got to use their draft picks and they still got to add to their pipeline.

From the old rulebook rule, they pay nothing because they waited the 3 seasons to retire. You didnt, therefore you had to pick yourself with a pick. The time that you announced that you would take yourself in the 2nd round you had 3 1st round picks. You were trying to gain an competitive advantage of picking 3 players in the 1st and then let yourself slide into the 2nd round, where the quality of players were lower.

Your player is worth a 1st round pick being taken. I said I would draft you in the 1st if you didnt draft yourself with your now 4 1st round picks. And I did. I knew you werent going to negotiate. You were offering to take your player in a place that is later than he should have been taken.

Quote:There was no bluffing, there weren’t stupid games and there were no plans for negotiations afterwards. Toronto is worth more than acknowledging Luke’s trying power and control… and I won’t let him dictate us nor let an unfair advantage hinder Toronto.

I dont know where people's mind goes where they think its about power and control for me. For me, its keeping GMs accountable. I took Snussu at 8, because he was my co-gm, and i needed to draft him. I could have been a dick and said I would take him at 19, which would be lower than where he should have been drafted. But I took him 8th OA because it was the right thing to do, because the way he is developing had him going around that place.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Imagine thinking you have to wait over 6 months to be eligible to auto draft because “others have done it.” Others have done what wally did too and didn’t get fucked

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

y'all made me agree with CK that's how fucked picking Wally was

[Image: lespoils.gif]

I really love rules having to be implemented to save GM's from dicking themselves over just to be assholes over some kind of moral right or wrong with using a high 2nd instead of a late 1st on yourself.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

This whole situation just looks bad for all involved, glad HO changed it for the future

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 04:38 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

I mean, ya it sucks but it was in the rulebook so idk what yall crying about

Wally still cute tho

MTL CAR wishes their GMs could have this spicy of drama (IRL not SHL)

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

03-06-2022, 11:45 AMWally Wrote: 2. Luke, Corey, JY and Acso all came in with a threat to take Stubbs in a first round. Citing unfair competitive advantage.

Lmao you got baited by Corey when our earliest pick was 38th overall nooooo.

Wally, you gotta know him better than that by now.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers