Create Account

Twilight players

This is a sick idea Rags. I love it.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

03-06-2022, 12:53 PMluke Wrote:
03-06-2022, 12:51 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I agree with contracting the J being a good solution for helping restore active numbers for teams. Rn drafts just aren't providing enough players for teams to be able to turn around rough patches of activity and engagement because there's too many teams sharing those small pools of players.

The only problem is deciding who to contract if that were to happen. I guess Great Falls and Regina are the newest teams so they'd make the most sense, but GFG just made the finals so it'd be a little awkward  Ninja

Newfoundland and Anchorage are gone then Smile
You suggest my Boats dead like that again and you can just trade me  Starwars

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

The SMJHL is currently full of IA players, so I don't think something like this would harm the experience of new users. They might even enjoy it more, as they'll have teammates who are active.

Even if GMs did try and take advantage of fielding active 425 vets, it's better than the current meta of GMs trying to take advantage of fielding inactive 425 juniors lifers.

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

03-06-2022, 06:55 PMMemento Mori Wrote: The SMJHL is currently full of IA players, so I don't think something like this would harm the experience of new users. They might even enjoy it more, as they'll have teammates who are active.

Even if GMs did try and take advantage of fielding active 425 vets, it's better than the current meta of GMs trying to take advantage of fielding inactive 425 juniors lifers.
This is where I’m at, it may be complicated but have a pool of twilight players that can be picked from by J teams post SMJHL draft so any non-active spots can be filled by an active vet, while new creates are still prioritized since teams will know their roster post-draft (and J GMs aren’t going to leave out good first gens).

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

03-06-2022, 06:55 PMMemento Mori Wrote: The SMJHL is currently full of IA players, so I don't think something like this would harm the experience of new users. They might even enjoy it more, as they'll have teammates who are active.

So with how I'm currently seeing it, sign a twilight (maximum of 2 per team), but give up an inactive player to do so. The twilight is limited to 1 or 2 seasons, depending on what ho says. I wouldn't mind some kind of language where the twilight players are relegated to one player on lines 1 and 2, and the other on 3 and 4. I'm of the mind that this player is signing in the J to encourage the lr, more than to be on the score sheet. I think there's a lot of potential here, but I can also see it getting shot down.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Maybe as a single final season.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

03-06-2022, 01:55 PMRashfordU Wrote: I'll be honest,
I dont think its a great idea. 
The SMJHL is a Junior League, not a secondary pro league (by its definition), aka CHL rather than AHL.

If we want to see players recreate and join the SMJHL, and thus help keep the inflow of new 3-5 season users in the SMJHL, I dont think we should push away roster spots with "twilight players" and disincentivize people from recreating
I get the appeal of the idea (I could return at the end of my career and give it one last hurrah with a previous team or any team).
But I think it actually hurts the player depth in the SMJHL.

Neat idea though

we could limit the ice time given to twilight players, and given the current state of rosters in the J (lots of IAs), we would be actually be improving player depth

also if those twilight players are on the way to recreating anyway, it actually increases the total amount of time spent in juniors (1-2 seasons as a twilight player, then 1-5 seasons as a recreate) which would really drive J LR engagement

i get the juniors vs minors thing though, that's fair. personally i just think the benefits outweigh that negative

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

03-06-2022, 05:18 PMWeretarantula Wrote:
03-06-2022, 12:53 PMluke Wrote: Newfoundland and Anchorage are gone then Smile
You suggest my Boats dead like that again and you can just trade me  Starwars
your boats are dead in the water wheretantula

[Image: izzy.PNG]