Create Account

S64 PT#0: Read the Room

I've never been a huge fan of the whole PT thing, I write a lot in my day job so writing 150 words describing an event that's kind of outlandish sometimes just bugs me more often than not. But I appreciate that the job isn't easy so I don't like to complain more than I already did in that run on sentence. See what I did there? Haha. Honestly I feel like as long as you continue Slash's hard work and dedication to this little activity that we do week by week then you should be fine. I look forward to seeing what you bring new to the job and what ideas you have to spring on the rest of us. As far as what I think of the department, to be honest I thought the department was a one person job. you mean there are MORE of you? Had no idea haha.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 04:11 PM by KaleSalad.)

Prompt 1:
The PT’s in the SHL have always been my go to. Mostly because I didn’t have any players in the other leagues until recently. That being said since the inclusion of the double PT prompt where I can choose to write about my fake player or talk about the league in general it has made it a lot more enjoyable for me. The introduction of this is what in my mind has set the PT’s in the SHL apart from the others. I think this is one of the best things slash did as the PT director and I did find that they usually were directly tied to some drama on site whether it was a wedding or parity in the league. None the less I think Slash did a great job and I welcome you to the new position and hope you know that you have some big shoes to fill! Best of luck with the upcoming PT’s as I look forward to seeing what you will bring.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

PBE Affiliate Claim
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 04:30 PM by leafsftw1967.)

Prompt 1: I personally love prompts that are related to my SHL player, the SHL season, and different tasks that are related to hockey in general. I was not a big fan of the over the top prompts that got outside of the hockey topic sphere. To me point tasks are chores that I have to do every week. Its probably the least fun part about the site in my opinion because I enjoy the league for the community, locker rooms, player development, sims and the season in general. Low key I kind of wish pts were more like an activity check or short a quick like the mPts are. However, I will continue to do point tasks because I want to make Marner the best player he can be. Also I agree that we should thank Slash for his work over the last few seasons, he has done a great job. Thank you Slash.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

My player's mistake was laying a nasty hip check on one of our team's top forwards. I made this mistake because I had a momentary brain lapse and didn't realize what colour his jersey was. I stepped in and laid in the biggest hit of my life. The apology went something like this.

"Oh my gosh, my dude. I am so sorry, I didn't realize. What do I mean? Like I honestly didn't realize we were wearing whites today. For a second, I thought we were wearing reds and saw a skater with a white jersey....went in and BAM! Laid in for a nasty hip check. Ya, sorry about that. I was kinda spaced out and got lost in the crowd. I'm not used to playing with people in the stands again, you know? The whole COVID thing. I was just soaking in the moment and didn't realize where I was. But hey, at least now we know I can hit that well, huh?"

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

I know it might not mean much coming from me, but the best kind of PTs are the ones that offer multiple ways to participate in it. Is it something you can look into from your player's perspective on and really lean into playing as them? Is it something that you can break down by looking at the numbers and really point out what's going on from a statistical standpoint? Or is it something totally off the wall and silly, drawing groans and eye-rolls from everyone that reads your post and thinks, man this person can't actually be serious about this, can they? Any and all of these are my favorite types to participate in, though there have been some good ones about personal takes or discussions in the past and have been enjoyable. Overall though, I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of unique things you'll bring to the table this season!

159 words

P.S. Many thanks to Slash for the previous PTs, its what I really got to 'grow up' on!

WSBL Affiliate PT

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Prompt 2

Well, this big mistake is something I covered in past media and PTs numerous, but me jinxing the team in the S60 playoffs still gives me nightmares to this day. Posting a picture of boats sinking before you've won the series is something I do not recommend at all. We ended losing the series, blowing a 3-1 series lead in my rookie season's playoffs. To this day, I still get quite sad over that. Wonder what would have happened without that. Now, how to make it up to the team? Well I'm honestly not sure. Ever since then, I've tried not to comment on early leads in playoffs series or games for that matter. Also, I've tried to do my best in every playoff game, but it turns out I am a bit washed when it comes playoff time. For some reason I never can score when it really matters or in crucial moments. Now that 4 seasons have come and gone by, I still don't know if I have ever made up for that devastating mistake.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

My personal preference for PT Prompts include ones that are focused entirely on my player, and don't actually require any knowledge about the league. While I want to be more involved, I'm here specifically for the people and the chatting aspects. I don't know anything about hockey or stats, I don't know which players are good, or honestly what my teams record is. I don't really care about that as much as I care about generating some kind of narrative for Moose. Let me talk about his charity exploits, what he does on the weekend, how he prepares in the locker room. Those kinds of prompts continue to make me excited to earn TPE and want to stick around in the league. I know that I'm a bit in the minority there, and I think that there is a good balance, and if you're going to focus more on actual games or how teams are doing, providing a little more context in the post is always helpful and appreciated. I wish you luck!

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I line him up perfectly, the angles are calculated and our speeds are matched. I wait for the right moment and begin to close the distance; I'm going to send him home in a body bag. Whoosh! I missed another big hit at the blue line and gave up an odd-man rush. They play it very well and the puck ends up in the back of the net and thus ends my night. "I really thought I had him this time" I desperately plea with my team. I hit the showers and I come back and my stall is full of smelly jocks. "Hey, we thought you could use a new jock after you got undressed by the same guy 6 times." a jubilant Rand exclaims. I take a deep breath and address the team and explain how I am going to work on picking my spots better so I can still take heads off but not leave my team in a bind. The coach opens the door to his office and waves me in...

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I actually really enjoy skimming through other people's PT entries and reading what they've written, just to get a little bit better idea of what they have planned for their characters. I also enjoy ad-libbing things for my character, I never have much more than a general idea of where Sven is going, so it's nice to just read a prompt and then think about something in a much different way. I do enjoy the prompts that are a little bit less related to hockey performance directly, since no one actually has any control on how good or bad their player really does throughout the season. Slash did a really good job of making PTs that allowed you to craft narratives that could incorporate your player's performance if you wanted, but weren't hurt if you didn't or if your player was doing poorly. I have no doubt it's a lot of work, but it's gotten steadily better since I've been here.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

[Image: V9VXxw4.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 08:34 PM by enigmatic.)

I have been on this site for nearly seven real life years so I don't find point tasks interesting anymore. I know most people disagree but I actually enjoy prompts that are silly and allow me to write a bunch of nonsense. I don't follow the sim at all beyond checking (and being disappointed immediately by) my stats so having to write shit like all-star teams is a real pain in my ass. Although that's a bad example because bullshitting about a full all-star lineup basically meets the word count if you just say the players' names. Anyway, I mean very technical hockey prompts make me sweat a bit. The other type of prompt however allows my nonexistent imagination to run free and come up with 150 words that make sense when you put them one after the other. It does result in an abomination I'm terribly sorry to inflict on another human being but I'm sure it's still more fun to read in diagonal for you guys than me trying to justify why some bum I just learned existed should win some award or another.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

I do not really enjoy any of the prompts for the point tasks. I like the prompts that are easy to write about and do not really have to think of. I generally just sit at my computer monday evenings and write 150 words minimum because I have to. It is a job and routine. The easier the prompt the better. I know it is only 150 words, but it still basically work. It is not really enjoyable. The only prompts I guess I do like are ones I can kind of relate to or create a funny story about inside jokes, for example last season the food one where I just wrote 150 words about Ketchup Pasta. Other than that there is nothing interesting about point tasks and they are just boring just like the SHL. But it has to be done so no point in complaining. I am just writing so I can get TPE and maybe one day my player won't be shit. I will continue to write these shitty point tasks, SAD.

(165 Words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie