Create Account

pronouns on profile

03-11-2022, 03:03 AMMuerto Wrote: Getting a bit pedantic here, but he/they doesn't scan as a grammatically correct pronoun combination. he/them would make sense, because you would not say, "He is running, and I am watching they" - you would say, "He is running and I am watching them

I'm all for freedom of  personal expression and embracing individuality, but language has rules!
It’s just a short form of he/him/they/them and is totally fine with the LGBTQ+ community.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 10:45 AM by boom.)

03-11-2022, 10:14 AMSegi Wrote:
03-11-2022, 03:14 AMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: I'm not an expert, but he/they and she/they pronouns are usually used by people who use both gendered and neutral pronouns. It's easier to say and understand for most people compared to he/them or she/them. One of the people I know who uses he/they prefers those pronouns to express their gender fluidity. The other uses them because it offers flexibility as they transition.

I have another question about this. Since the 3rd person pronouns usually aren't used by the person themselves, but by other people talking about them, how is everyone supposed to know which pronoun they're supposed to use at any moment? And if they don't really care if people use the gendered or the neutral pronoun, why is there a need for the flexible option?
I'm not trying to offend anyone, just curious about the topic.
Hi! As someone who has gone by…basically a whole ass spectrum of pronouns at this point including he/they and she/they at different times in her life (currently she/her), some people feel a small or intermittent connection to a binary gender identity but not always, or their presentation might lean one way (femme or masc presenting nonbinary people). They might be okay with being referred to with she/her but also with they/them, for example. I know when I was first transitioning, I went more by she/they because I wasn’t passing as a woman (the people who knew me personally used she/her, they’re great) but also wanted to not be referred to as a man. If you’re not sure, just ask the person, but I’ve read/found that using both (switching between them) is a good way to acknowledge their gender identity.

samee log on bloons man

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

im on bloons guys damn

Can't we just make the Pronounce box writeable instead of having a set number of pronounces in a list? With the amount of different pronounces there is out there that is. Or is that like technically more difficult?

03-11-2022, 02:11 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: Can't we just make the Pronounce box writeable instead of having a set number of pronounces in a list? With the amount of different pronounces there is out there that is. Or is that like technically more difficult?

honestly I gotta say I just don't like this because of the possibility of people mocking/trolling with it, sadly.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

03-11-2022, 02:15 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
03-11-2022, 02:11 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: Can't we just make the Pronounce box writeable instead of having a set number of pronounces in a list? With the amount of different pronounces there is out there that is. Or is that like technically more difficult?

honestly I gotta say I just don't like this because of the possibility of people mocking/trolling with it, sadly.

Hmm tru, People be dimbis eh Angry

Unfortunately bigots will use this negatively

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

yup, while it would allow for neopronouns/combinations this is why we can’t have nice things

samee lied he never got on bloons

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Seems like a really great way to bait them into being banned to me

03-11-2022, 03:04 PMspooked Wrote:
03-11-2022, 02:15 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: honestly I gotta say I just don't like this because of the possibility of people mocking/trolling with it, sadly.

Seems like a really great way to bait them into being banned to me

While possible, also risks peoples mental health and I'm not sure it's worth baiting them

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

03-11-2022, 02:49 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: samee lied he never got on bloons
The fiend that uses he/they!

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

03-11-2022, 03:27 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
03-11-2022, 03:04 PMspooked Wrote: Seems like a really great way to bait them into being banned to me

While possible, also risks peoples mental health and I'm not sure it's worth baiting them
For sure. Better safe than sorry, and rather not risk people being traumatized just for entrapment.

03-11-2022, 03:31 AMMuerto Wrote: nibling,

this doesnt sit right with me

[Image: izzy.PNG]