Create Account

Management Through the years

I love articles like that which gave someone a glimpse into the past. I wonder how hard it would be to get a similar article from the POV of players or other job holders (non GM) during that timeframe. 2 users who instantly come to mind for me are RED and raymond (while I guess they did have a few seasons as J GM)

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

best post of all time thank you luke

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Wow, didn't even ask me about Minnesota.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

03-13-2022, 12:43 PMTomen Wrote: I love articles like that which gave someone a glimpse into the past. I wonder how hard it would be to get a similar article from the POV of players or other job holders (non GM) during that timeframe. 2 users who instantly come to mind for me are RED and raymond (while I guess they did have a few seasons as J GM)

Raymond was also the old Steelhawks GM.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

bring chatzy back

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

03-13-2022, 04:04 PMOhtaay Wrote: bring chatzy back

I've actually had the opportunity to try it, it was...just a bad Discord

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

03-13-2022, 06:09 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
03-13-2022, 04:04 PMOhtaay Wrote: bring chatzy back

I've actually had the opportunity to try it, it was...just a bad Discord

It's horrendous comparatively, which forced forum activity lol

Great job on this Luke! Was fun to be a part of it.

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Awesome article! Super cool to see what things were like way before my time in the league Smile

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

03-13-2022, 12:43 PMTomen Wrote: I love articles like that which gave someone a glimpse into the past. I wonder how hard it would be to get a similar article from the POV of players or other job holders (non GM) during that timeframe. 2 users who instantly come to mind for me are RED and raymond (while I guess they did have a few seasons as J GM)

Wow

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

03-14-2022, 12:08 PMMerica Wrote:

Wow

Who are you?

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

03-14-2022, 12:15 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
03-14-2022, 12:08 PMMerica Wrote: Wow

Who are you?

Apparently nobody. I just joined actually.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

03-14-2022, 12:30 PMMerica Wrote:
03-14-2022, 12:15 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Who are you?

Apparently nobody. I just joined actually.

Nobody's been around for years, quit lyin' to me

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

I'm kinda surprised about how big the forum LRs were and how long it took to move to discord. I was in some soccer sim stuff in like 2009-11 and we used IRC to chat rather than forums. Wonder if there's an EU v NA element to it as we were all EU.

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

03-14-2022, 12:08 PMMerica Wrote:

Wow
weren't you a GM quite often and had spells of inactivity? I might be remembering wrong tho. RED and raymond came to mind for me coz they haven't gotten IA yet since they entered the league

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)