Create Account

PTs and Media

I'm going to end up more active here without a player.

It would be cool if we gave PT credits for media over 500 words (or another arbitrary number). Basically, if you write a piece of media that's greater than a certain limit you can use that as credit for your PT (in addition to getting paid). Just link the article like you would an affiliate PT. Would be a nice way to give a boost to media and if you really hate that weeks PT, you can write more about a topic you'd rather cover anyways.

I'm sure someone's pitched this before but it just came to mind.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Not a bad idea

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

So the VHL way

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

03-13-2022, 04:50 PMluke Wrote: So the VHL way

I'm not as worldly as you Luke

I think having this as an option would be awesome. Maybe we could replace the 2nd PT option with an option to write 500+ words about something else in the league?

[Image: rotti.gif]

We had preliminary talks to do something like this when I first moved into the role. I'm interested to hear folks' ideas on it.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

I love this idea, largely because I'm much more likely to read people's media than their PT responses.

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

03-13-2022, 06:29 PMWhitecap Wrote: I love this idea, largely because I'm much more likely to read people's media than their PT responses.
This is the big thing for me, converting pts that no one reads into media would be really big for engagement

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Yay more "here is a giant username/stat dump" media

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

03-13-2022, 06:39 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote:
03-13-2022, 06:29 PMWhitecap Wrote: I love this idea, largely because I'm much more likely to read people's media than their PT responses.
This is the big thing for me, converting pts that no one reads into media would be really big for engagement
Media already is a very limited engagement part of the site. Like Slash said, its either large stat dump pieces or draft pieces. Rookies will post some stuff, but then as they stick around they realize it just isn't worth it to write media. The pay scale is atrocious, but we change it and then suddenly "everyone is going to be a max earner."

I don't think this idea helps engagement at all, nor do I think it would help more actual media get written. It would give unread or low-engagement PTs have use, but it would certainly increase the amount of stat-dump or name-dump posts get written to avoid writing about a specific PT topic.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

03-13-2022, 07:52 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
03-13-2022, 06:39 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: This is the big thing for me, converting pts that no one reads into media would be really big for engagement
Media already is a very limited engagement part of the site. Like Slash said, its either large stat dump pieces or draft pieces. Rookies will post some stuff, but then as they stick around they realize it just isn't worth it to write media. The pay scale is atrocious, but we change it and then suddenly "everyone is going to be a max earner."

I don't think this idea helps engagement at all, nor do I think it would help more actual media get written. It would give unread or low-engagement PTs have use, but it would certainly increase the amount of stat-dump or name-dump posts get written to avoid writing about a specific PT topic.
Fair point, sometimes I forget how lazy people can be with media

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

03-13-2022, 06:39 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: This is the big thing for me, converting pts that no one reads into media would be really big for engagement

Maybe we should grade statdumps at .5 like pressers.

Also i keep saying we should separate contract and media/job money and have separate things that can be bought, would drive media for those who wants to top earn. Smile

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

If you're going to write shit, it's easier to write 150 words of it than 500+. The idea is to reward people who write media and give them a little extra incentive to write it. There is no incentive to write shorter form media right now which is why you see these giant slogs of media that no one reads. To say this would not help at all is quite a discouraging thing to read. Is it a perfect solution to all the leagues problems? No. Was it meant to be? No. It was an off hand idea that would take extremely little effort to implement that could potentially have a positive outcome.

I don't mean to be rude, but it's attitudes like this that prevent progress. The enemy of good is perfection.

Gomhl did a 200 word media as their weekly pt. No prompt, just media. You didn't get paid for it there, but money was a different beast there.

If we're going to look at this, I'd like to see a prompt 3 - 150 words about the league, your player, hockey, whatever. No prompt, just 150 words.

That said, pay more for media in general.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

PBE did something like this. Instead of doing a PT you can reply to a media post with a certain number of words.

Code:
3. You can respond to a media post! Instead of writing 150 words simply link to any media post that has ever existed and write 100 words about that media piece. Your response MUST be about that media in order to get credit for the 2 TPE.

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...opic=24755

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]