Create Account

S63 SHL Awards Show

03-13-2022, 08:13 PMluke Wrote:
03-13-2022, 08:11 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Can you as a group seriously not find 3 active users who had a good enough season to be nominated for ROTY?

Both J and SHL award committees need complete overhauls.

I disagree on the fact that a goalie who played 13 games got nommed. But the best players should always be nominated regardless of activity status
Why? Not like they're around to even acknowledge the award win. Make it actives only. It's not like there aren't a plethora of potential active nominees for each award.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Just a reminder that that 200 TPE IA Rookie Goalie went 11-2 in one of the toughest divisions/conferences in the league. While I agree that the IA rule from the SMJHL should also be implemented in the SHL, this discussion would not be happening (regardless of TPE) if he was any sort of active.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

03-13-2022, 08:34 PMAgentSmith630 Wrote: Just a reminder that that 200 TPE IA Rookie Goalie went 11-2 in one of the toughest divisions/conferences in the league. While I agree that the IA rule from the SMJHL should also be implemented in the SHL, this discussion would not be happening (regardless of TPE) if he was any sort of active.
That discussion would still be happening because this goalie played less minutes this season than any skater who played all 66 games. IDGAF about the activity status but it should be all about the performance of the entire year since it's ROTY. Normally goalies have almost double the minutes played compared to skaters... so a real head scratcher by the Awards team from my POV.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Good luck Lev!!

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

03-13-2022, 08:13 PMluke Wrote:
03-13-2022, 08:11 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Can you as a group seriously not find 3 active users who had a good enough season to be nominated for ROTY?

Both J and SHL award committees need complete overhauls.

I disagree on the fact that a goalie who played 13 games got nommed. But the best players should always be nominated regardless of activity status

I gotta disagree Luke. What is th point of nominating someone who is IA for any award. Can you make a serious argument that no one else active would have been a good nomination instead? It's a joke.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Let's go Pride!

Extremely excited to see so many names up there for us, although I cant say I agree with giving an IA player an award nomination.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Mike fitted snubbed for every award

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

All credit to dwight on this one. Thanks for the nom!

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

also geekusiod robbed.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

03-13-2022, 11:52 PMCementHands Wrote:
03-13-2022, 08:13 PMluke Wrote: I disagree on the fact that a goalie who played 13 games got nommed. But the best players should always be nominated regardless of activity status

I gotta disagree Luke. What is th point of nominating someone who is IA for any award. Can you make a serious argument that no one else active would have been a good nomination instead? It's a joke.

Oh I know it’s not one of the most popular opinion , for me, I think the best players should be voted on the award regardless of the activity status. Have it be the best players. And then what if that person returns from inactivity and finds out they weren’t nominated because they went inactive. Just my opinion

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

LDV not nommed? good. he was trash this past year regardless of all his wins.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Since I'm a bit of an idiot and messed up timezones and daylight savings, there will be a slight delay and the show will start at 5pm instead!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

The show is starting in 20 minutes but the red carpet is already open, so feel free to post your pictures and get hyped!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Welcome to the Season 63 SHL Awards Show! Tonight we honor some of the best players in the SHL as well as some incredible behind the scenes personnel. There are many great people in this league both on and off the ice and only a handful of them can take home an Award each season. Just being nominated for some of these is already a great honor as is getting votes during the process even if you don’t end up getting a nomination. So be proud of your achievements no matter if you hear your name called today or not and to those of you who do take home some hardware, make sure to celebrate it properly.

Just to give you a little bit of insight on the process, the SHL Awards consist of both pre-determined Awards (Most Goals in a season, Best Team in the regular season etc.) and voted Awards. The latter category is arguably the more exciting and important one and most of these are determined by the voters in the SHL Awards Committee. This season, six voters participated in the creation of the ballots. The first determined the three nominees for each Award in an open nomination phase and then proceeded to vote for the Winner out of these three in a separate second phase. If you have missed them so far, you can find the nominees in the opening post in this thread.

But enough with the talking talk, let’s get to it now…

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

As always, feel free to discuss the nominees & winners in here and whether you agree with them or not, but please keep it respectful. You can also post your own predictions for the voted Awards, maybe I'll do a little cash prize if enough people post their own personal ballots here...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard