Create Account

Things I wanted to say….
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2022, 02:41 AM by DrunkenTeddy. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: Removed the text color )

[Image: unknown.png]

Hello all from unplugged land. I am Mike Izzy…Hope everyone’s doing well… for this I’m leaving my current name closed because I have no intentions of jumping back in…so its months removed and I no longer think about the SHL on a daily basis .. which is real good cause I’ve been here 5 years and that’s a long time to devote to something like this.. but I left on shit terms, with allot to say.. I was unwell at the time and decided to use that bullshit to let go and move on… but there was one post I wanted to wright before leaving, one which says everything from my end…. and I’m going to do that now. 

Leaving:
Between Christmas and New Years I caught Covid (like everyone else)..  the sickness lasted 5-6 days but it left me with some lingering issues, headaches and vomiting… one night after testing negative I was with my women, I got out of the car and fell to the floor,, everything was spinning out of control… it never left…  I somehow got to the doctors who thought it was something else and gave me medicine.. which did nothing..  they eventually called it long Covid and basically wished me luck… I found myself on my bed not moving for weeks… any move made it worse.. I couldn’t walk, eat.. nothing..it was a nightmare…. I had my tablet and I’d log into SHL with tons to do … about 2 weeks in my other came into the room … sees me stressing about an SHL thing.. we had a long Talk and decided it was time to be serious about this… bring it to the lowest common denominator… and worry about getting better,  and only that… it was scary shit.. so I ended my time as GM without warning and took a leave… 

It took 8 weeks to recover.. The spinning stopped after 4.. 2 weeks with a cane… 2 weeks I felt better but slept half the day… I lost around 40 pounds in total..thank god I’m at 100% right now and have moved on from that.

Shortly after the leave… I came in and read that Valor got the job as GM.. he mentioned it in the forum… that flipped me out and I immediately went to Nour and Jase to sound the alarm on a paragraph post (I’ll explain why below)…  i pride myself as a good communicator but I had no business talking with anyone at that point.. I was super blunt and it didn’t come across the way I intended it too…. I can understand why anyone in HO would read that ans go ehhhh… that said..why they didn’t they didn’t give me any leeway knowing I was sick I don’t know.. I dedicated 5 years and 40,000 hours to making this place better…  i ran a community and I helped countless people here.. I put allot of smiles on peoples faces and what I got was a suspension with no explanation leaving this toxic forum to fill in the blanks ..making fun and calling me all sorts of horrific shift.  (Which I didn’t read after the 2nd opening)  My biggest mistake/regret was that I felt that I let a whole community down by cutting it off so suddenly and tried to do what I once did when I couldn’t.. 

Valor:
When Valor became a free agent, no one offered him a home…he had a history of struggling in forums for reasons I won’t get into…. I inquired about him with his old team and others who knew him… what I got was this isn’t something we’d do but good luck. I have a close relative that has similar scenario and I understood those struggles… I didn’t need the player.. we had a super young talented team… but I had the ability to make someone’s life better from this… and I had the resources in place to implement that …so I took him in… we spoke allot and I told him you have a friend in me who will always look out for you….  We had a daily relationship ….. we started out with him using the site forum where it was slower paced ….. we averaged 700 posts a season… it was active! …we talked about what he can do to be a team leader and he did it.. the team loved it!… he helped out with front office…. He helped me on Twitter… his 70% was more then most 100%’s …..on the next 2 season contract we agreed that we would take the forum slowly.. and that we would work to find the sweet spot between what worked and when it became difficult for him…. He joined the forum with a condition…Each day he would tell me how he was feeling … if he felt good he stayed on.. if he was having a tough day I would take written permissions off for the day .. to protect him, to keep what was a wonderful legacy with the team going.  At the time I left he was on there 90% of the time.

For a GM the easier the player the easier it is for a GM…. This was allot of work and effort… but I liked doing it.. he flourished and trusted me and I was giving someone good lasting memories….

The day that I ran to HO about giving him the GM I was super worried about him… he had no idea of the stress that came along with being the GM… knowing him I feared this could do terrible damage…  and I don’t want to be apart of that…. 

Valor if I did something to upset or hurt you… I’m truly sorry.. it wasn’t traditional but you made such great progress as a community member doing things in a way that was comfortable for you…  and people loved it….things I hope you can take with you to other forums…we all work with things differently… that’s not a bad thing,,,and  I think you know from all our time together that i came from a good place with you. You may not say it, but our tons of discussions say other wise.

None of the above was ever said in that suspension post.. they just left it out there to paint me as a rascist or someone against issues…. I’ve spent 5 years daily with 70 people …  Never came on in a bad mood, treated everyone respectfully… i did everything I could to make them happy. That’s the reality.

Nour
You are a real Fucking piece of shit.  

nour contacted me the week I got sick to offer any assistance in keeping Valor with me on an extension,,  we spoke about what we were doing to make his world fun, he never barked about it, he offered some advice and in fact he said (and I have the transcripts) that he understands the difficulties i have and was offering any help.. we agreed to make a joint HO/dragons room where we would offer assignments for Valor to continue the user experience on a higher level. He was on board with everything.

I’ve known Nour since S35 where we started together on the same tesm..in the S40’s Nour took a personal leave, we spoke one night where he told me some of the most private things happening in his life… things you don’t talk to if your not friends…things which I never told anyone…. We were friends. 

30 seasons .. i poorly tell you I’m scared for him and what you do is suspend me without telling anyone and kill me at my worst moment.., and I’m not even going to go into the filthy vile things you said to me which got you suspended.. who the fuck gave you the right to talk to anyone like that?  You violently chastise me for the exact thing a week ago you worked with me on? ……and btw.. feel free to DM me… I’d be more then happy to meet up with you over some beers where you can say those things to me in person.

Your franchise couldn’t win the right way so you crippled the league by winning on a programming glitch… ruining STHS for hundreds of people. you then take your programmer and have him help set up the new site you guys endorsed where he had 2 seasons to find the loopholes and make your franchise unbeatable… no worries about that because you are the commish where we got 7 seasons of putting patches on a system with a violent flaw… during that time you killed off the legacies and enjoyment of over 100 of our best in prime players without warning. And then To leave when the only posts being made was this sites become shit. The fact that this site changed back to sths without warning or league discussion shows just how bad things were when you left it. I can’t think of a single good thing you’ve done in your time.  And history will reflect that. You did shit here cause that’s who you are.

Toxicity:
I opened that post twice, it was awful…and I decided to shut it down …. Before I had the chance to say anything there was allegations of racism, discrimination… people mocking me for the fun….we also had people come in and gripe about there personal situations with me… I dealt with tons of people each day… how fair is it to have every interaction publicized and scrutinized?…. What an embarrassing post for this community which does it all the time.  How many members have to leave by the hands of people that get off on the pain of others…  

Alright, that’s allot but now it’s all out there…. Make your decisions about me with this… if you feel I’m still all those things, at least it’s done with the other side of it all. For those that know me …. Or those I’ve had good relationships with….I spent every day with for 5 years with 70 of you guys..  I’m sorry that you guys dealt with the scorn of my issues… I love you guys and my whole purpose was to try and make a world that you loved logging into every day. And I think we did that… we had something really special together for a long time. I have no regrets.. I did my best And it was fun!    Heart

Now for the 22 pages of activity… your welcome. lol 

Take care, 

Izzy-

Could someone please fix the text
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2022, 01:54 AM by boom. Edited 1 time in total.)

long time no see to you too

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

text black

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Dedicated 40,000 hours and still can't make text readable in dark mode smfh

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

you're the piece of shit here izzy lol

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2022, 01:58 AM by aleks. Edited 2 times in total.)

L +

Elaborating on a couple points here because I don’t want to reinflame tensions but I feel I need to say these:

“For a GM the easier the player the easier it is for a GM…. This was allot of work and effort… but I liked doing it..”

Fuck all the way off with this. People are not “easy” or “hard” and saying this during Autism Acceptance Month in particular is alarming. Don’t try and railroad people into being neurotypical and treat it as some accomplishment.

“The fact that this site changed back to sths without warning or league discussion shows just how bad things were when you left it.”

it was an April fools joke lmfaooooo

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Fell for the april fools STHS Joke+Ratio

[Image: rotti.gif]

holy fuck this post is hilarious, sleep well tonight izzy im dragging the fuck out of your already dogshit public image here tomorrow with a real response. Not worth wasting my sleep on right now, for now just know you're an idiot by the way.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

[Image: aprilfools.png?width=374&height=676]

04-02-2022, 01:31 AM#1PostIzzy Wrote: allegations of racism

[Image: unknown.png]

oh god what have i done the #izzy hall of fame card has become sentient

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

damn that's crazy

wait is this getting graded