Create Account

S64 PT #3: Trick Play

Before diving in to answer the prompt I would like to say that you REALLY missed out on an opportunity rick roll the entire league with a random link in the prompt. I also knew what that play was going to be before even watching the video.  All that being said I think trick plays absolutely have a place in today's game and I'll even include stuff like a lacrosse goal in my definition of a trick play.  Anything like that where a player/ coach makes something unexpected happen shows creativity and makes the game more fun.  The league has been talking about the increase of skill that younger players have coming into the sport and why shouldn't they use that skill to make some shenanigans happen.  Then on the coaching side if you can catch you opponent off guard with something as simple as a change, then that is pretty objectively an advantage for your team.

Hockey Prompt:
Trick plays and trick shots are what this league needs! Trick plays and trick shots would elevate the excitement of the game, but would also make playing even more fun. Hockey is a game which is played quickly. This place of the game can cause stress and certainly builds excitement, but much like a basketball being dunked, a header goal in soccer, or a trick shot in lacrosse, fun plays or trick shots in hockey can build that excitement.

Something to consider as an option for integrating these trick plays and trick shots into the games would be to recreate the globe trotters game style, but in a hockey context. How fun would that kind of show be? Tickets would be sold out in minutes, and teams who see this display of enjoyment and excitement for the game, would absolutely be encouraged to start integrating these plays into their regular season games. Let’s make it happen!

161 words

[Image: 65157_s.gif]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Creative Prompt:

To push the boundaries of the sport I am going to recommend to my coach that we get rid of our defenseman entirely and replace them with forwards. We will get some forwards that are a more defensively minded but the idea will be to constantly skate the puck and move forward on the opposing team with ever player on the ice. The other creative aspect we will implement on the players is to institute plays that are called out. The center will act as the quarterback and call out the various plays either before the puck is dropped or as its moved through the neutral zone. As discussed in my mPT, the team will speak Cantonese so no one will understand the plays we are calling out. The plan will be to practice these plays extensively to be able to win as many games as possible in the season ultimately leading to a successful playoff run for the cup.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Creative

Coach or the players may not like it, but this is our best shot at revolutionizing the game of hockey (much to John Tortorella's dismay): we have to get out on the ice. Completely nude. Bare booty ass naked. And skate like fiends. We might get injured more than any other team in the history of hockey, and a couple of guys might take some shots to the nads, but if it helps get hockey more creative, it'll be worth it. We will have painters come and sell beautiful paintings of everybody's favorite player out on the ice stripped down to naught but skates, gloves, and a stick. Not only would it bring a new level to their game, it might even speed them up with the amount of weight they shed from not having equipment... or the fact they're gonna be dodging the puck like hell. Those paintings will bring in a nice chunk of change for the team too... and it certainly won't be going towards equipment.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

RESO: You know, the topic of trick plays or jaw dropping plays has always been thrown around throught the locker rooms I have been in. Some try to make a contest of it, to prove who can "Galaxy Brain their oppositions", so to say. Me, I doubt I can say that I am the greatest at creating a new shot, let alone score them. However, seeing all these Michigans has inspired me to give the whole idea a shot.

My inspiration? Keep Ups.
Why not just play just play a game of keep ups as we travel from coast to coast on the ice. Easier puck control and we get to see just how good some people's stick handling is. No props needed (Screw that), and set up time is rather short, just a pure and fun way to screw around on the ice. Pluss the dropdown to a One Tee is jsut so damn awesome. Sure, not the most creative, but it is fun..........so why not

(Creative Prompt, 169 words)

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

I think the reason you don't see a lot of trick plays in hockey is a general lack of creativity in coaching. In addition with an age old focus on "playing the game the right way" I believe a large contingent of older school coaches would refuse to try a trick play on the basis that failure would mean looking like an idiot. In addition, a lot of the "tricky" things you can do in hockey are on an individual level. Trick plays in football and baseball such as the hidden ball trick are reliant on players relaxing during static periods in play, which isn't a thing in hockey. Most of the higher level thinking that most hockey coaches would do in game is related to line matching and either getting or escaping particular matchups, which hardly qualifies as a trick. I think a younger crop of coaches over the next couple of decades could change the approach to the coaching side of things

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

It would be a 3rd period delight, a surprise to everyone in the stands. We'd do it in a game that we are down a few goals, and we go 6 on 5 the ENTIRE period. It would take a few years but we'd get the players with the best possession stats in the league, and we'd go until we are up 1. People would be confused but when it works, the demoralization on the other bench and the pure shock would bring us victory and incredible PR, and of course the other teams in the league would try to copy us, and then we get some free ENG and win the championship based on the pure stupidity of other teams trying to do what we did but failing. It would be spectacular, and people would think it brings a new era of hockey until they realize that its a big scam and playing 6 on 5 for an extended time is a huge disadvantage.

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank