Create Account

Remove or Adjust the Juniors Cap

The current 350 cap for sophomores and 425 cap for all older players are too low. You can reach the 425 cap before the start of your sophomore season. And because of the way FHM is, you likely aren't being called up until after your 3rd or 4th seasons, meaning that you spend a significant amount of time grinding TPE that you can't use until you're called up, which I believe causes people to becomes less active, and even inactive, because you see no reward for your work for 6 months to a year after you've hit the juniors cap.

My suggestion is to either raise the cap (maybe 425 for sophomores and 650 otherwise? kinda spitballing that), implement a progressive cap, such as 2nd season is 425, 3rd 600, 4th 700, etc., or remove the cap outright and allow players to apply what they have.

This would probably cause the gap between good and bad teams to widen some, but it may also benefit some of the teams with less capped (under the current system) players that have high-TPE capped players. In the end, I think the right balance can be found to still keep juniors fun and competitive, but eliminate this cap issue, where those who are high earning simply cap out after a season and can't do anything else until they are called up.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

[Image: Screenshot_20220403-174203_Discord.jpg]

We're already looking at it

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I don't think you can just remove the j cap completely because "people get bored because they can't apply TPE past 425" factor without also considering the fact that it's just not going to be fun for new users to be out there with 200 TPE players against guys with 700 TPE or whatever, and those users matter too. I'm not against adjusting the cap for the fourth season but I don't think it should be a huge adjustment and I absolutely don't think the cap should be removed completely. I also don't think you should get to uncap further for a fifth season - we already have enough people griping about "teams encouraging J lifers" without offering further incentive for that to happen.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

The cap is the best part about the J

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

04-03-2022, 06:43 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: [Image: Screenshot_20220403-174203_Discord.jpg]

Spill your secrets

PatriotesUsaWhalers

04-03-2022, 07:18 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: I don't think you can just remove the j cap completely because "people get bored because they can't apply TPE past 425" factor without also considering the fact that it's just not going to be fun for new users to be out there with 200 TPE players against guys with 700 TPE or whatever, and those users matter too. I'm not against adjusting the cap for the fourth season but I don't think it should be a huge adjustment and I absolutely don't think the cap should be removed completely. I also don't think you should get to uncap further for a fifth season - we already have enough people griping about "teams encouraging J lifers" without offering further incentive for that to happen.

Yeah, I think in general it needs to be increased though. I've thought so for awhile, but was talking to some people earlier and one of the reasons they gave for crapping out in the J was because they hit cap fairly quickly and then still had to wait 3 seasons to get called up to do anything. I don't know what the best solution is regarding it, but I am glad to see it's being discussed by J HO already

PatriotesUsaWhalers

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 08:00 PM by spooked. Edited 1 time in total.)

04-03-2022, 07:18 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: I don't think you can just remove the j cap completely because "people get bored because they can't apply TPE past 425" factor without also considering the fact that it's just not going to be fun for new users to be out there with 200 TPE players against guys with 700 TPE or whatever, and those users matter too. I'm not against adjusting the cap for the fourth season but I don't think it should be a huge adjustment and I absolutely don't think the cap should be removed completely. I also don't think you should get to uncap further for a fifth season - we already have enough people griping about "teams encouraging J lifers" without offering further incentive for that to happen.

Sounds a lot like the SHL, can we cap the SHL as well so it's more fun for 800-1000 TPE players to play against the 1600+?

It's definitely a little discouraging knowing that I already have more TPE than I'll ever be allowed to apply in the J, but won't be able to use it for several months. There are certainly users who go inactive because they do well early and get disillusioned by being "stuck" for so long.

That said, there's already a large group who are equally if not more discouraged by the knowledge that one or two teams are so heavily stacked that their run to the finals is all but guaranteed. Any change to the current cap structure needs to focus on not widening that gap and removing the ability for young players and teams to feel like their early efforts are being rewarded in the sim itself.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

04-03-2022, 07:41 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
04-03-2022, 06:43 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: [Image: Screenshot_20220403-174203_Discord.jpg]

Spill your secrets

[Image: Screenshot_20220403-202029_Discord.jpg]

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

04-03-2022, 09:22 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
04-03-2022, 07:41 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Spill your secrets

[Image: Screenshot_20220403-202029_Discord.jpg]

wtf, HO, hello, bullying????

PatriotesUsaWhalers

I have felt this way both time I've had a player go through juniors.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

This is really good to see. I think adding another step would be the best bet after seeing how many people will earn up to 425 then never go any further in the current J. Great job guys.

[Image: rotti.gif]

I think it's a bad idea to add another step, but maybe I'm a minority thinker.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

This.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Well said. Its also worth noting that we have actively tried to encourage SHL teams to bring up players earlier instead of waiting the full 4 seasons before calling up. If we remove the cap then we still run into that same issue. A solution here would be for players that WANT to come up earlier to communicate their wants clearly to their SHL GM's (which I'm sure a lot of people already do).

04-03-2022, 07:31 PMtrella Wrote: The cap is the best part about the J

Also, this. I unironically love the J cap.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]