Create Account

S64 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

Lose Yourself - Eminem
Eminem is one of the greatest rappers of all time, and this is one of my favourite songs from him. I can always get you pumped with this song before anything. The lyrics are elite, and I sing the whole song

All Of The Lights - Kanye West
This is one of my favourite Kanye songs; it’s a classic, and I feel like everyone loves it. The beat for this song is excellent.

Beat It - Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson is my favourite artist of all time, and I love this song.

Off The Grind - Kanye West
This was my favourite song on the album, and I love Fivio foreign’s and Kanye's verses.

Shook One Pt. II - Mobb Deep
This is another good song that I love. I heard this from NBA 2K13 menu screen when I used to play it, and I have loved it ever since.

Ever since Tommy Thompson arrived at the Quebec City Citadelles, the overall quality of the music has declined substantially. This is because he chooses songs to annoy or punish his teammates, and especially his general manager who he has developed a feud with. The following songs were played this week, though not all were by Thompson's malicious hand.

1. My Heart Will Go On (Celine Dion) -- A song that inspired much controversy, Thompson ensured this would be played and had the surprising support of his general managers for this decision.

2. Lonely (Akon) -- An altogether annoying song that a friend of the Citadelles, though not a member himself, fought to have played instead of the previous masterpiece.

3. A Horse With No Name (America) -- A song which prompted one individual to ask, 'why don't they just name the horse?'

4. Queen of Hearts (Juice Newton) -- A song which was played expressly to annoy the general manager after she expressed confusion at why a 'country song' was being played previously.

5. La Machine a Scorer (Bob Bissonnette) -- Essentially the theme song of the Quebec City Citadelles. This is probably the only actually relevant song that got played, and is also just a fun song overall.

Is this playlist good? No. But if you let your players help pick the playlist on any given night, you will will end up with such a disjointed mess.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2022, 08:56 PM by Toivo.)

Pyscho Killer by Talking Heads – this song is going to get the team all riled up and ready to go to war out on the ice.

Feel like Makin’ Love by Bad Company – wait, no that’s not the right Bad Company song. I meant, Bad Company, the self-titled song that’s about a keeping bad company or something. Sounds like our locker room.

Holla If Ya Hear Me (Scott Steiner theme song) Where all the freaks at? Big Pappa Pump is the perfect blend of generic rock music with a siren added on. Holla if ya hear me!

Ready or Not by Fugees – Come on now, what better way for us to build up anticipation and just vibe to some chill music. Good for right before we come out onto the ice.

Mask Off by Future – We made it through a pandemic and now we are all out here with out masks off. This is a great hype song to get the team excited and ready to go out and win the game.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Its all about the headbangers for the Falcons, hence the angsty early 2000s music below:

1. Shes out of her Mind - Blink 182

Solid bop with a good beat to get the folks warmed up as we stretch and get the first few shots in. not too crazy.

2. Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day

A little more rowdy but with some mood to it, still builds up to a solid headbanger to get the juices flowing.

3. Mr. Brightside - The Killers

What is a playlist without Mr. Brightside? starting to get a litle faster paced, and also has the added benefit of being a great sing along song while doing practice or warmups

4. American Idiot - Green Day

A true headbanger, this one starts off fast and doesnt slow down, goes off of the Mr Brightside theme of being a sing along song, and we can also sing the words while looking at our opponents and call them idiots.

5. Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

Wrapping it up is a bit of a step back, but still a banger, especially when the chorus comes on. Seeing as the Falcons are a minor league team, seems like we would have a lot of teenagers, hence angst, and hence the best chorus of all time for angsty teens.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

The Battleborn are all about getting their funky on before a good game. Classic shake and bake style as we dazzle our opponents on the ice. First off, Can't Stop by the red hot chile peppers. Then followed by Don't Stop me now by Queen. These two songs really get our blood boiling. Brings out the battle in the battle born. Then there is a whole genre shift as we hope right into Born this Way by Lady Gaga. Gotta unleash the inner diva a little bit. While not really what the song intends we were all born hockey players! Our fourth warm up song is actually Beethovens Ninths because a good classical song helps us center ourselves before the tide of battle overcomes us. Once we've hit our groove down deep it's time to unleash hell with Turbo Lover by Judas Priest. Gotta go fast. No we're not sonic.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

ISFL Affiliate Task

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

[Image: Lacy3C5.png]

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

1. Pump Up The Jam - The Technotronic

Easy choice, you want to pump up the locker room? Get pumped for the game? This is the perfect song. My go to jam for any scenario that requires you to be pumped up.

2. Everything Now - Arcade Fire

This is just a fun song. Fast paced, groovy, and has a 80’s vibe to it. This song will get you moving and grooving.

3. Paralyzer - Finger Eleven

This is a banger. It’ll get your blood pumping and your head rocking. Super fun to listen to and can easily get you pumped up.

4. Hey Ya! - Outkast

Now this is a fun song that will get you dancing and singing along. Everyone knows this song and will be dancing and singing with you, easily pumps up a crowd or group.

5. Knocking At The Door - Arkells

This is a typical hockey song that is tough sounding with big heavy guitar, drums, and vocals. After listening to this song you’ll be ready to get out on the ice and kick some ass.

(180 Words)

Fdam Aoote is new to the team, however he's always made his presence known through his amazing taste in music. In his 5 song pump up music playlist that gets the entire squad goin, we start off with Love Story by Taylor Swift. A classic.

As taylor starts in with 'we were both young', the entire team joins in singing at the top of their lungs 'when I first saw you'. That intense vibe is kept up through the entire song, and by the end the entire team is jazzed up and ready to go. But it doesn't end there.

For song two, Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift comes on. The energy in the locker room is already intense, but by the time the chorus comes in we've all gone super saiyan 4 and the earth is shattered by the tremors of our intense erections and lady boners. There is no more rink, the other team has been vaporized. And that's just song 2.

For song three, an absolute classic. Style by taylor swift. The solar system has become unstable. uranus and neptune have been slung into jupitar and the combined blast from the three planets have engulfed the entirety of the asteroid belt and saturn. the shattered remains of all 5 planets are now circling qcc as we sing 'we'll never go out of style'.

For song four, Enchanted by taylor swift. All the stars in the milky way galaxy have gone supernova and are no vibrating to the beat of taylor's angelic voice and the qcc's players' screaming voices. It culminates in a second big bang, all matter in the universe simultaneously combusting and rushing to a singularity in the midst of the qcc players.

For song five, Begin Again by taylor swift. Big bang number two has recreated the universe in it's entirety. we go out and lose to anchorage 3 to 2. bummer.

WSBL

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2022, 01:49 AM by H0PPY75. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. 1. Fight For Your Right - Beastie Boys. I dare you to not get hyped up when this song comes on the speakers. Whether you are getting ready to play hockey, soccer, football or drinking this is the ultimate hype up song.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk
  1. 2.La machine a scorer - Bob Bissonnette. The goal song for my Quebec City Citadeles is ultimately a fun song with a good beat. It’s one of my favorite hockey songs.
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We-d7j3SLt0&t=118s
  1. 3. Ain’t That A Bitch - Johnny “Guitar” Watson. Is this song going to make you want to run through a wall? Absolutely fucking not, is it pure 70’s funk? Absolutely, this song has a sick rhythm and will help loosen anyone up before a game. I know it does it for me.
https://youtu.be/2ALpVEvFKTU
  1. 4. Cat People(Putting Out Fire) - David Bowie. I heard this song the first time in Quentin Tarrantino’s Inglourious Bastards. In the movie it’s used during a scene in which the owner of the operator of a theater is getting ready to kill the Nazi high command. Everytime I hear the song I can see the scene in my mind and it gets me pumped up even though it’s not hard as well.
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS1IG8hw73A
         5. Clouds Over California - Devildriver. Well after going with 4 songs that wouldn’t cause me to run through a wall, I had to add a death metal song to the playlist. This song above all others would get me pumped up for a little bit of the ultra violence. This song song will make me run through a wall and it would allow me to crush my opponents.

I put in my Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro while I'm in the locker room because quite frankly, I'll say it, I fucking hate Playboi Carti. The entire locker room listens to his songs and constantly just say shit like "SLATT!" over and over again and quite frankly, it puts me off my game. So I'm going to ignore the prompt and talks bout my own pre-game playlist.

1. Balam Pichikari

I am on an Indian music grind. Couldn't explain to you why, but I think I'm trying to reconnect with my roots. I seriously have a problem with playing it on loop. I listened to this song for 8 hours straight the other day. I have a problem.

2. Panama - Sports

This song is really chill and lowkey, it helps you kinda disconnect with the arena around you and get into your warm ups.

3. Kitty Sucker - Frank and the Rattlesnakes

This is when you need some hard guitar, drums, and bass to get the blood pumping. Really pog song.

4. Судно (Борис Рижий)

I don't know

5. Freaking Out the Neighborhood - Mac Demarco

Mac Demarco is a genius musician and this song is sick as fuck

[Image: izzy.PNG]

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

The songs that would probably be played in the Quebec City Citadelles locker room prior to a big game would include the following songs:

1. Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

A classic for any locker room, there's nothing better than the voice of Freddie Mercury and that sweet sweet guitar solo to get everyone in the mood to go kick some ass before a game.

2. Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

When you know the game's going to be a physical fight, this is the quintessential song to get in the vibe for smashing some faces.

3. Monody - TheFatRat

EDM music is a favourite across locker rooms in any sport, and this one is a classic to warm up to. The synth track really gets the blood flowing.

4. Sirius - The Alan Parsons Project

Paying homage to one of the greatest sports dynasties of all time, Sirius is that perfect song to skate out onto the ice before a game while the fans are on their feet screaming their heads off. This one would certainly be useful in the playoffs. The goal of an intro is to strike fear into the opponent's hearts, and this is the perfect way to do it.

5. We Will Rock You - Queen

No pump-up playlist is complete without this declaration of victory.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The rivalry between the Maine Timbers and Newfoundland goes back since the forming of this league. Both teams turn the ice rink into a battle ground, hoping to bring back home a victory. There is a mutual respect in this rivalry since players on both teams push each other to the limit. Giving the crowd a show of what the game of hockey is all about, pure aggression and tenacity. Newfoundland brings the game to us, pushing the puck with aggression and force that can only be matched by our defense (which keeps our defense constantly on its' heels). We all know what's at stake, this rivalry is as big as North Carolina and Duke in college basketball, who is the ultimate number one in the league. Newfoundland will see that each time we go up against them, Maine will always rise to the challenge. Always ready for the fight.

Rocky Baljoa - Maine timber