Create Account

S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PLAYER PROMPT - Professional hockey teams spend a lot of time on chartered jets to get from game to game. In a travel heavy league like the SHL (or SMJHL), you're going to be logging a lot of plane hours. It's pretty common to hear stories about small clubs or groups that form during travel time. Whether it's a group that consistently plays poker on flights, or some folks that load up multiplayer Mario Kart-- you gotta do something to keep busy.

Written Task: What groups or clubs have formed on your team plane? Is your player a part of any of them? Who are some of the other players in your group? What do you do? If your player prefers to keep to themselves, tell me what they get up to on their own! (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Depict a meeting of your player's club on the plane, or what your player gets up to on their own. 

CREATIVE PROMPT- If you don't want to talk about your player this time, that's fine! Let's imagine being insanely rich for a minute instead.

Written Task:  Tell me about your dream hockey jet. What kind of facilities would be on it? Would it mostly be a place of business where you make everyone watch game tape and get some rest? Or would it be a pure party jet with hot tubs and open bars? Some combination of both? Sky's the limit! Heh. (150+ words).

Graphic Task:- Show me some players enjoying your favourite part of the jet!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, April 17th at 11:59 EST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Pt pass

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2022, 01:50 AM by hockeyiscool. Edited 2 times in total.)

Written Task: What groups or clubs have formed on your team plane? Is your player a part of any of them? Who are some of the other players in your group? What do you do? If your player prefers to keep to themselves, tell me what they get up to on their own! (150+ words)

Since there is a lot of down time while seated. It would make a lot of sense that a book club would form while there are multiple on the Tampa Bay Barracuda. You have one group that tends to discuss books that are about nature. They call themselves the naturalists. Vladmir Petrov, Colin Lambert, Aleksander Kozlov are regular members. I hear they read books about nature and the environment and such. I think they read something called The Jungle last month, I imagine that would be a cool book to get lost in. I would not know because I do not know how to read. I know Michael Fitted joins in the conversations if they are books that are naturescapes as he does not read much either. There's also a book club that focuses more on philosophy and religion. I always hear them talking about Geezus Kryyst and how great he is and how he died for our sins, but I think they're a load of crap. I know he got hung out to dry a lot when he played back-up for us against Baltimore the other day but I wouldn't call him dead...

[194 words]

Player Prompt

It's not a secret to anyone, plane rides are often dull and boring, so you gotta keep yourself occupied. One of the most popular activities the Citadelles do on flights is playing Yahtzee. I personally don't tend to partake in it, but I know the GMs and (in particular) Bouchard love to play it.

As for me? I tend to keep to myself, usually playing a game. Sometimes I like to virtual travel while I actually travel and boot up Geoguessr, praying that I don't get some South or East Asian locale where I can't read the alphabet. Sometimes I like getting angry for no reason so I'll load up Football Manager and get mad when I give up the dreaded 94th minute equalizer to a rubbish team. Other times I just chill and play Pokemon or something. After all, it ain't a short flight, and I don't feel like taking a nap knowing I'll probably sleep through the landing!

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Code:
Written Task:  Tell me about your dream hockey jet. What kind of facilities would be on it? Would it mostly be a place of business where you make everyone watch game tape and get some rest? Or would it be a pure party jet with hot tubs and open bars? Some combination of both? Sky's the limit! Heh. (150+ words).

My dream hockey jet would have wide, comfy seats with pillow cushions and the ability to recline your seat. There would be wide screen monitors for you to be able to watch your shows and internet connection so you can still stay on the internet while in the air. There wouldn't be much hockey business involved on this jet as there would be a first-class dining experience where you could order virtually any food you want and the personal team chef can cook it up for you. I would usually order the fancy japanese ramen and snack on that while watching my shows. I would also look to play some poker with fellow teammates where we would all put real money on the line, so there is an incentive to actually try in poker and not just take it casually.

The washroom in the plane is very large and has a bidet on the toilet as well because we all want a clean butt! 

(164 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

I'd like to think my player is a people person and would join some of the gaming clubs on long trips. I mean if you watched any of the road to the winter classics, it was clear there's a considerable amount of gaming going on. Though hopefully not on the same scale as Patrik Laine. I would hope the Blizzard could spring for a few consoles on our jet but we'll be generous and say we all play Animal Crossing on our switches. We visit each other's islands, we all owe tom nook money because of course we do. We probably play a little GTA on the consoles if we have em or COD. Fortnite too, though does anyone even play that anymore? I heard they took out building so now its like COD but with goldeneye's paintball mode and also some fancier guns. But yeah, gaming club, all about it.

Answering for Player Prompt:

The Seattle Argonauts team flight would certainly have some interesting groups. I'd imagine there are tons of card players, that go ahead and choose to gamble some light coin (or SHL packs) on a fun game of poker or blackjack. Would Pod be involved with that crew? Maybe, if he's feeling lucky. I can't see that happening too often, though. The rookies would probably stick together within their own group, but that's pretty typical of most teams. The vets would probably stick around together too. There would probably be a group of players gaming, as some teams would have lots of League of Legends players (actually, I don't know how they'd be able to play that on a plane with no internet... maybe mario kart instead lol).

Then we have the sleepers. The players that decide to recharge on the flight and catch up on some much needed Z's. Seems pretty enticing to me.

Code:
WC: 161

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

Written Task: Tell me about your dream hockey jet. What kind of facilities would be on it? Would it mostly be a place of business where you make everyone watch game tape and get some rest? Or would it be a pure party jet with hot tubs and open bars? Some combination of both? Sky's the limit! Heh. (150+ words).

If we're going to dream up the ultimate hockey team private jet, let's go big! The first thing we'd need is a fully stocked bar, of course, next to a small but equally well stocked kitchen. After all, nobody likes that crummy prepackaged airplane food, so why have that when I can have a medium rare steak fresh off the grill? With the food situation settled, next up would be entertainment. While every player will have their own private compartment for sleeping or privacy, the middle will be the theater section, with comfy leather seats and a large screen at the front, whether it's for the team's favorite movie or for film study on those long flights to Anchorage. Finally, for when film study just doesn't cut it, the back of the plane will house a 12 foot wide, 30 foot long strip of synthetic ice, complete with a goal at one end. Nothing beats the challenge of stopping pucks when the ground beneath your feet can change inclination, and the ice can literally be tilted against you.

Word Count: 184

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Player prompt

The Detroit Falcons jet not only allows alumni to travel, but they also allow pets on the plane

For the first group, you have only two people, with Sam Azjha and Sconnie McHits playing pokemon 
Then you have the group that stays in the pet's area the whole time, which consists mainly of Zoltan Topalo and Anton Mikhailov obsessing over Zoltans dog, Nash

Next you have the "F*** Dishes gang, which is an extension of the McHits/Azjha pokemon group, it consists of Sam Azjha, Sconnie McHits, Mrs. McSaves, and Holden steady, all they do is complain about having to do dishes when they get home.

Finally, you have the cargo hold, where keep all of the other teams GMs we've kidnapped

Personally as a team we like to play chess keeps our mind in shape to focus for games and not get distracted easily. We have also turned it into movie times. A lot of the guys do like to play DnD on the plane flights in between meals and sleeping arrangements, but that's normally when we land and head into the hotel. I know a lot of us are avid music lovers. So we like to dance on the plane and do sing alongs to some of the playlists we have jamming out. It could be anything from Rock to Alternate to Metal to Country to Rap. It just depends on the vibe of the day. We have a lot of card games we play which does include Texas holdem and Blackjack, but we also do some spades among other games like Uno and Skip-bo. It all depends on the evening we do take one shot on the plane after the game as per tradition, but others drink beyond that and most don't really drink. None of us have really gotten drunk we have become professional enough to where if you are having a beer or a blue moon, nurse it so we are ready for our next big game.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Quote:Written Task:  Tell me about your dream hockey jet. What kind of facilities would be on it? Would it mostly be a place of business where you make everyone watch game tape and get some rest? Or would it be a pure party jet with hot tubs and open bars? Some combination of both? Sky's the limit! Heh. (150+ words).

As a sea-lover, Spack Jarrow is not one for flying but he found himself in the unfortunate situation of having to take to the air for business. For this reason he purchased his own private jet which he gave the name "Spack Arrow". Jarrow spared no expense and have it retro-fitted with the most advanced features possible to help keep himself occupied and his mind off the fact he was soaring thousands of feet off the planets surface.

Starting from the front and going towards the rear, there is a bar where passengers can sit like you would experience on a train car while travelling the rails. Past that there is a gaming section where 12 top of the line computers are connected via an internal network where passengers can play against one another in a variety of games or just watch movies if they prefer. And at the rear of the plan is a large suite with a king-size bed for Spack to relax on.

[ 169 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Oh boy, oh boy. My jet would have supersonic laser beam jet engines on it and you'd have to climb into it by one of those gym ropes and you would get out of it with one of those inflatable circus slides. There'd also be a small hockey rink inside, with on the fly referees that ONLY work on that one specific rink and pretty much never leave the plane. You could get hot chocolate from one of those machines and let me tell you, that cocoa is amazing. The meeting room would be a ballpit and there'd be beanbags for chairs and instead of a TV there'd be a projector. The most daring of people can go out of the plane to the top of the plane(outside of it) and have a little fun time air surfing in the sky. There'd be no waiters or what ever they're called, there'd just be a tomato soup and a bean dispenser.

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Player task:

Very interesting question, thanks for asking. There are indeed a lot traveling in the SHL because there are teams from all over North America and maybe in the future from Europe too. William Salming is not part of any poker corners or video game groups. He uses all the spare time to himself to ensure he gets enough rest between games. For example in the plane, he usually uses pants which advance your recovery from hockey games. Your legs are more fresh after using those pants 30 minutes. Salming also likes to read. He reads about how to prepare yourself mentally for every game and how to stay out of dry slumps. Salming also always eats same lunch or dinner depending on which time of the day team travels to next location. He is very strict about what he does in the airplane and don't waste time for any extra things. All the time his body and brain are most important things and that those two things recover as well as possible from previous games.

[Image: salming.png]

Written Task:  Tell me about your dream hockey jet. What kind of facilities would be on it? Would it mostly be a place of business where you make everyone watch game tape and get some rest? Or would it be a pure party jet with hot tubs and open bars? Some combination of both? Sky's the limit! Heh. (150+ words).

Well, being insanely rich, I doubt that I would be providing a jet for the whole team, likely only myself and a few close non-hockey friends.  I guess sometimes I would provide the transportation for the whole crew, but they would have to be careful not to destroy the fine furnishings and exotic art that would surround them.  Among the many amenities installed on the McDangle Jet would be these huge plush first class plus seats, so that I could get my rest.  There would be a wall of TV sets so that I could watch every game at the same time.  Total internet, of course.  And a high end kitchen with someone who would know what I like to eat and would be able to prepare it .  The body of the jet would have a small workout area so that Rinky could loosen up after his nap.  In the cargo hold, Rinky would have his Ducati Panigale so that he would have ground transportation at any destination.  Also tucked in there would be a Mustang Shelby GT 500, in case the weather was too severe for the bike.  Ahhh.....................dreams!!

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Prompt 2

I think the dream private jet for a hockey team would have both the relaxing life style for the older vets as well as a night club feel for the younger players looking to have a fun time traveling between cities. As for Kavanagh, he would enjoy his time sleeping or playing cards with some of the older guys to get his mind off hockey. Some of the young guns would love to have a full bar onboard with a dance floor and strobe lights so they can party in style while on the plane. While one half of the plane sleeps the other would be bumpin with beats and the booze would be flowing. There would also be a little bit of both in between - perhaps a hot tub, steam room & sauna with a few massage therapists to help release the stress for the players. Kavanagh would spend most of his time relaxing/getting a massage and sleeping. 

Word Count: 162

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]