Create Account

S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs

Due to his travels, not only for the SHL, but also in his personal life, Jay Cue knows pretty much every first class lounge in the world. And being with a lot of first class passengers, i think you understand the type of groups he is in... Politicians, bankers, dictators, Fortune 500 CEO's and COO's, you name any public figure that has a lot of influence and he probably knows him. And now you are thinking, "why does he fly first class when with all the money he has, he can pretty much fly private anywhere?". And the answer to this is right before the question: because flying like this he gets to know people, instead of being almost alone on the flight. So Cue makes deals, signs endorsement contracts, everything you can think off, while flying, not wasting any time.
Besides... air hostesses, ever heard of them? Wink wink, do not tell anyone, got it?

(158 words)

My favorite dream hockey jet would be one with multiple built in home theater sets. So that even if we would travel around with my wife and kids, that we wont be stuck just watching Paw Patrol, but also can see our own stuff. We would like security cams in the rooms so we can actually watch the kids. As the rooms need to be well isolated so we can focus on our own movies and tv shows.

Next to that, we would like a few beds in it, so we can normally sleep whenever we feel like it.
A few different restaurants on board for our favorite food would also be welcome.

Next to watching movies, we will also need some to make sure we can get all tv channels and watch all games live that we want to watch.

Is there also room for a swimming pool? Might be nice to give our kids private swimming lessons too, its not like we have anywhere else to be at the time.
Needless to say, i think this would be a pretty nice jet. Just wondering if there's enough room for it all.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

PT pass 'cause I'm afraid of heights.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Prompt 1

The Chicago Syndicate's private jet is an absolute party whenever the team's flying. We've got picklebacks, we've got wine, we've got hot toddys, you name it, someone's brought it. This helps the people who are afraid of flying and also makes it feel like we got there in no time. While we travel to our destination we spend lots of time playing video games, our current favourites are Rocket League, Beerio Kart, and Jackbox, but there are a few others we rotate in and out of. Mostly though we just enjoy each other's company and are happy to unwind after days of hard fought games and strenuous practices. By the time we arrive to our destination we're usually pretty tanked, come to think of it this may be part of the reason why we do better at home than we do visiting. Usually though we have time once we land to sleep it off, oftentimes after a night on the town first.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Creative Prompt

For me personally, I think the perfect jet would need to have be seperated in different sections. You'd have a section for the tryhards, where you have an insane set up to watch game film and to improve your hockey sense or to analyse defensive schemes. I doubt it's going to be the most popular section with what's to come. After a grueling hockey game, it goes without saying that players are either tired, or sore, or both, so we'd have a massage section, which would essentially be a spa on an airplane. I don't know if it's possible to have a sauna on a plane, but Kaapo would love it for sure. You'd also have a section for people who just want to lay back and play video games or watch their favorite TV shows. Frequent Mario Kart tournaments are organised, where the loser needs to pay for dinner the next time they go out to eat. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but just that it enough to make for an enjoyable plane ride to the next city.

180 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Prompt 2

I think the ideal private team plane has a bit for everyone. It wouldn't just be strictly a party plane, but it would also need to have the space for players to unwind in basically whatever way they deemed fit. Maybe you could have it separated, like a back and front half, with a soundproof wall in the middle. In the back half, maybe you've got a fully stocked bar, a hot tub for relaxing. Maybe even some card tables for those who like to get into that sort of thing. In the front of the plane, this is where the players who enjoy more of a quiet lifestyle can spend their travel time. Fully private beds for resting, a common area for those who enjoy a quiet conversation or a less high stakes card/board game. Maybe even a TV space for watching movies, shows, or the game of the night in other sports.

155 words

Spending lots of time on planes is definitely part of hockey team culture. There's definitely two main groups in this being the Card game group and the gamers. Other than that there's time to read or just do some social media if there's internet on the flight. 

Boots is definitely a gamer at heart but gosh dang does he love to play some poker. If the card group is playing some Texas Hold'em than Boots might be the first player there. Something about the game of poker its self that Boots has always loved but it's also about making that poker face or beating the bluffs from team mates. It's also a great opportunity to build that chemistry with those teammates even if you're taking their money. Boots loves the game for the chance of making some extra cash but really just loves the game!

When Boots isn't playing poker, he's playing PS4 with the guys. It could be matches of NHL or Apex or some other competitive game but also loves the cooperatives games if they have the blast through a story mode during a long road trip with the team!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

If you have read any of @Ox Monkey 's media, apparently I'm in a bit of a crew on the flights who plays cards. Accordingly, I'm also good at losing large sums of money, and Mrs. McSaves (I'm not sure if she's my wife or not in this fictional universe?) takes my (and everyone else's) money. The funny thing is, this is probably pretty close to how I would approach plane rides in real life. I'd likely find a small group of people to hang with, have a few beverages, listen to some music or podcasts, play some cards, and rock some video games. I'm on a big Switch kick lately, so probably that. I could certainly see buying an SHL-licensed video game and goofing around with teammates on some connected franchises. All in all, while the chartered flight life can be tough, with constant travel and time away from family, I think with a few basic comforts, I'd get by just fine!

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Lias doesn't like to fly very much, so when he's on a plane, he is glad for any distractions he can get. He's aware that he's actually probably lucky compared to some of the guys, because his size (which usually means he has to work harder on some stuff) means he's not nearly as uncomfortable as some people when it comes to legroom (haha, LEG room) and all that. Anyway, the Battleborn have a few different in-flight activities and rituals. One of the things they like to do as a team is play video games on their switches - Lias is in a really intense multiplayer game of Stardew Valley with a few of the guys on the team, and they get really into it on those long flights. Mario Kart has actually been outlawed because it was leading to intra-team violence and management shut that down for the good of team chemistry, but everyone is still allowed to play Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Player Prompt

Like every team, a few groups have formed between the players here in Los Angeles. Eventually you find some likeminded people who have the same interests as you and use that to bond on the many plane rides we have as hockey players.

One of the more popular groups is the foodie group. This is the group where you can share some of the new foods you've tried in different cities or share the new recipes you've cooked. Everyone loves food so this one becomes popular on the flights and in the locker room. The other group is the DnD group. With flights lasting a couple of hours, you'll usually find them running another session in their campaign. The other main group is our sports junkies. This is where the group catches up on all the happenings in the SHL as well as the other sports. They're stats junkies as well and are involved in a lot of fantasy leagues so it's a lot of reviewing those as well.

As for me, I don't focus on just one group, I find myself jumping in here and there, mostly with the foodies and the sports junkies. It's a close group here in LA so you feel comfortable joining any of the groups that have formed on the team.

(217 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

As the oldest player on the team my role has been set for me. I'm the team dad and all the young fellas love trying to get a rise out of me to see if I'll crack. The majority of the time on flights and travel I spend sleeping or reading, but every now and then the fellas will twist my arm and bleed me dry in a game of poker or two. Some of the dudes have got me on the Mariokart train and while I have gotten better since the beginning of the season I've spent more of my time immersing myself in Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I never played any of the previous titles, but I'm eager to go out and pick up some of the other Zelda games after I've beat this one in hopes that they can continue to feed my latest craving for quest based games.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I think it will be no surprise here that a big portion of our team are quite active video game players, as is the case with most major sport teams. Be it shooters like Apex Legends, Call of Duty or Halo, or sports games like NHL, FIFA or Rocket League, you will find people playing all the classics on both the Panthers and Dragons. What's a bit more unique about my junior team however that people will be willing to go even deeper and take their nerdiness to another level by also engaging in more hardcore activies like boardgame nights, grand strategy multiplayer sessions or even pen & paper. The latter is something that I haven't really participated in yet, but in my group German-style or social deduction board games are very popular, as are grand strategy video games like Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings or Civilization. There are especially great for when you have a lot of time to kill on the road since they will keep you occupied for ours, but are also easy to pause and re-continue if something else comes up.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

The Pride do spend a lot of time on airplanes, especially since San Francisco is on the West Coast and there are a lot of teams on the East Coast. As a result, most players come up with ways to spend all of that down time. Usually, on the plane trip to the games, everyone is pretty well rested so most folks stay awake. A few of the Pride members have gotten most of the rest of the team into Magic: The Gathering. Nerds. Anyway even guys who aren't so nerdy will usually play from time to time, at least for a while. Miguel also uses plane time to read books on his Kindle, as he is super into cheap science fiction novels of all kinds. Plane trips back are usually a bit quieter, as most of the players are pretty tired from road games especially, and a lot of players simply take a nice plane nap for the flight home.

162 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

CREATIVE PROMPT

My dream hockey jet has many fancy amenities. It has a multiple lane bowling alley, a two-story bar, a high-tech arcade, and an endless swimming pool. The bowling alley is available by reservation only, but is free to use. There are no fees to enjoy a game or two. The multi-level fully stocked bar is a flyer favorite; passengers love to grab a drink on the second level and look out the large floor-to-ceiling window enjoying the view. In addition, the jet's arcade has all of the latest games and gadgets. Whether it's the Oculus, or any game system you can think of (both new and old), gamers of all ages can enjoy the immensely fun arcade room. The arcade is a very reasonable flat rate price of $15 per hour. It is all you can play for that one low rate. If those things don't excite you, you can unwind in the endless swimming pool. The pool has a limit of 10, but is free on a first-come first-served basis.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]