Create Account

S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs

PLAYER PROMPT: Multiple different groups of people have formed during our plane trip. The best part about it is that most of the players will go between the different groups to partake in different activities to not get bored during the trips. The first group is the one that plays cards. The most popular is, of course, poker, and the entry price is usually around $20, where everyone gets that same number of tokens to start the game. Blackjack is also commonly played at this table. The second group is the one that plays multiplayer video games, which are usually either first-person shooter or sports game. Then, there is the group that play single-player video go and hang out with each other to share their accomplishment in their respective game. Finally, there is the quiet group, which is usually at the front of the plane which contains players who are either listening to movies or television shows with headphones on or are reading books.

162 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Ruslan Zaporozhets of course is an avid cards man. Loves Five Card Draw, Texas Hold 'em, and Blackjack most of all. He has also spent a large amount of time in the kitchen, both as an amateur cook and dabbling in mixology. When he is not relaxing with the other players on the team who like cards, Zapo can be found at the bar on the team jet making cocktails and mocktails for those who wish a little finery.

There for the bar on the jet is always heavily stocked. Some nights though, he may want to take it quiet in the sleeping section toward the front. It is a wonderful jet honestly. Sleeping section has some wonderful sleeping chairs with lovely menus for a three course meal featuring appetizer, entrée, and of course dessert. Small flat screens with headphones allow an immersive experience that leaves both the individual and those around them undisturbed.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

This story like all good stories, this one will start with an Oom Pah Pah.

Oom Pah Pah, Oom Pah Pah, Oom Pah Pah, Oom Pah Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

There was a day back towards the beginning of the season when Towelie misplaced his post game edibles, it was an unfortunate accident, but one that would be easily fixable. The issue with this accident is that these gummy snacks were left on a communal table. The bag sat there through the next morning and when the team got in in the morning for a quick video session, angus mcfife decided to hand out a piece of chocolate to all the boys from this baggie sitting on the table. Angus had just watched a documentary the night before about how chocolate can be healthy for the digestive track. Long story short all of my teammates when a mile high during the video session and ended up have a giant cuddle puddle slumber fest in the teams locker room for the rest of the game.

@micool132

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

The team has a variety of 'clubs' that hosts a variety of fun entertainment on the jet. Most universal is the group of gamers who play a variety of console games (whatever is the most current release, usually) while they're in transit from one city to another. Outside the gaming group, there is a small contingent of chess players (mostly the European players) who play blitz games against one another to, as they say, improve their quick thinking and reflex abilities.
Several of the younger members of the team have made it a point to amass all sorts of various candies and sweets from across their travels to share with one another. Nothing bonds a team like the joy of sharing the novelty of spicy candy together. They absolutely pay for their indulgences in the weight room, when they're burning off the thousands of calories in sugar that they eat every week, but I think every member of the club would tell you it's absolutely worth it.

Code:
What groups or clubs have formed on your team plane? Is your player a part of any of them? Who are some of the other players in your group? What do you do? If your player prefers to keep to themselves, tell me what they get up to on their own! (150+ words)

While being Co-GM in Winnipeg I wasn't able to participate much in the player musings on flights.  Between @Muerto and I, things were fairly busy talking shop and operations.  Since joining TBB though, my eyes have been opened to the multitude of ways people keep themselves occupied on the jet.  The biggest thing lately has been a card collecting group in order to keep up with the latest On-Ice card pack trend in the SHL.  Most of the time its discussions on what has been pulled and whether or not a duplicate card is a rare misprint or not and in higher value.  Some cards have even been labeled as trade fodder for different things like trading a card for a different locker, or trading for different seat on the bus for the closer games, or even...one of the neat favorites, was drawing random cards from the collection and the person who laid down the lowest overall ranking had to buy dinner that night.

PLAYER PROMPT

Petr has involuntarily (not really) joined the violently xenophobic club (not really a club, it's just Petr).

What this entails is that Petr will brood in the farthest recess of the plane's cabin, giving the death stare to anyone who dares disturb Petr in this already inhospitable environment. Petr only sees the rest of the world as us versus them and the team's acquisition of Slavakov Vladimirashenko has brought this view to an extreme. Only Czechs may diffuse the situation, as Petr is in a constant state of anger and contempt. Beware anyone who dares wake the bear from its slumber.

Petr also being an intelligence operative means that the lives of everyone involved, as Petr surely has means to get something on the flight that shouldn't be there, such as any matter of weapon.

Alternatively, when available, Petr will simply take a flight apart from the rest of the team. We find this works out best for the team as it doesn't give Petr the opportunity to get angry at or harm his fellow teammates.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

[Image: hTGSpRP.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

I like to be known but any things that I know of I'm not really apart of I would like to. But I'm more of a get to know everyone and what they do and what they want to do in there careers. I love that we are a cohesive group that doesn't need a group because we are a awesome group of people that gets along with everyone. I want to say that I was happy when I got drafted by an expansion that was great team to start off with I love what we did. I want the team to continue being that way and hopefully I can impact all yall in the own individual ways. I want to have something to carry with me everywhere I go and be an inspiration to other players who want to be like me In other leagues in the future.

Words 152

Creative Prompt

The ideal jet for hockey travel would of course start by being as far from a typical airplane as possible by having lots of legroom. This also covers the need for sleep, since the seats will have enough room to recline far enough to relax. That's the #1 feature for sure. If we want to go further with fancy ideas (hypothetically of course, since legroom and sleep is all you need for a 10/10 jet experience) maybe adding windows that actually line up with the seats would be a nice thing to add, as a luxury of course because it's clearly too difficult to implement on other planes. If you REALLY want to step up the dream jet experience then maybe you could add a few more and slightly larger washrooms. Of course if that's not enough then maybe the fancy plane could have hot tubs and open bars as mentioned in the prompt, but those seem kind of lame compared to the few things I already mentioned. I honestly don't see how a jet could become any better outside of those small changes.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Creative

The Baltimore Platoon act like they aren't multimillionaires and all pitched in to buy a Nintendo Switch. On a night where it was Jasper Maximov's turn to have it, he took it with him to the bathroom and broke his face falling down the stairs because he was looking at the screen rather than where he was going. All this to say, the game that was in stayed stuck in the console and now it's the only game they can play, which is "My Universe – Fashion Boutique".

Now the team organises tournaments of who can make the most beautiful boutique and other guys on the team blindly judge them and elect a winner. Not losing is quite important because the loser gets to share a room with Pojo Biscuit who is notorious for sleepwalking and getting extra mean and violent when he does so. Nobody can make Lord Raiden cry, except sleepwalking Pojo.

All the players will say that the game is for little girls and that they hate it but the way their face light up when they're in today's tournament line-up tells a different story.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Creative Prompt

The hockey plane that I'd love would be one that is luxurious, spacious, comfortable and enjoyable to ride on. First of all, all players would get ample room to lie down and pick up some ZZZs if necessary. The chairs, that are nicely cushioned, can recline into a bed at anytime, and each player has their own little private cubby. For common areas, there would be big tables and desks, good for playing whatever the squad feels like playing. Somedays we might choose to bust out the consoles, and go full gamer mode. Other days, we might have a casual chat, maybe trade some SHL hockey cards, and play some poker. Always nearby would be fridge, stocked with everyone's favorite snacks, healthy (and sometimes not). Most would love to grab a snack, and continue on with whatever they are doing. I'd also love to have larger washrooms, as the airplane washroom experience isn't always the best.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT: What if I could make my no-expense-spared luxury apartment penthouse in Chicago fly? That’s basically what I would do with my dream hockey jet. The interior is set up like an apartment, complete with a master bedroom and a spacious en-suite bathroom. No squeezing into a tiny airplane bathroom on my all inclusive dream hockey jet. I would make sure it has a movie room to go over film, watch sports and play video games. I would also make sure it is a massive jet so I can travel long distances from Chicago to Auckland. The jet would also need to feature a full dining room and a full-size kitchen so that I can have my chef team make five star meals for me on the flights and I would also make sure to look out for my airplane crew by having a suite dedicated to them. I would also want the aircraft to be equipped with a circadian lighting system that simulates sunrise and sunset in flight to help the body begin adjusting to the new time zone when traveling.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Well oh well we found out Mr.Kraft of the New England Patriots is a huge Wolfpack fan and decides too gift the team a customized Jet this is sick theres the lounge too play cards and poker with the boys places too rest the sound system is very high-tec gets the boys pumped up flying too the games its colors outsides is green with the team logo on the side too let the world know who we really are. They also fly with chiefs too keep the team too top notch health wise, videos and films for the coaches to break down and work on with the players the new Jet we just got is almost better than the offices in the arena and almost more bussiness has been getting done while in the jet yes it maybe a bit awkward for Luke too trade a player while we are just started apon 6 hr ride well that was really awkward to say the least.

Quote:
Citadelles

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Player prompt

One thing we do every day, whether its on a home game or away game, we always do the daily Wordle on our way to the arena. At our home games its easier to do when all the guys are in the locker room, but whenever we are going traveling to a game, we always do the Wordle on the plane. Its just something mindless to get our thoughts straight before our big games. We also started a rather exclusive club which is solely for our european players (which happens to be a bunch of them). In this club, where we pick a random european country where a player of our team was born, and we eat accordingly to their customs. The in-flight crew are always down to make crazy finnish or latvian or swedish cuisine, just for the learning aspect itself. When paired up with the fact that people have to eat strange foods to themselves, its always one to laugh at on top of the enjoyment.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]