Create Account

S64 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past

Hello new players!

From the Trade Deadline to the posting of the first task completable for TPE, whether that be the Interested Prospects Threads, Early Bird PT, Mock Draft, etc., DFAs will be able to complete weekly DFA Bounties. These Bounties will function practically identically to PTs, but with money instead of TPE, and will be posted in this part of the forums. By writing 250 words or completing a graphic for a certain prompt, DFAs will earn $500,000 for their bank accounts, with a cap of 4 completed bounties ($2,000,000).

Since the trade deadline was last Monday, I am pleased to bring you the first S64 DFA Bounty:

Written Task: Only the best of the best make it into the SMJHL. Junior players from all over the world come to this league in the hopes of being drafted, becoming a succesful SMJHL player and continuining that succes in the SHL. But we all have a history too. What is your history? Where did you play? How did you do? How did your career look so far, and what aspects of your player in their pre-SMJHL career is going to make your player succeed? (250 word min.)

Graphic Task: Pictures say more than a thousand words. Show us a pic of the young you, playing hockey. Include your player name and a render of your younger self, and at least one statline.

Reward: $500,000

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S65 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S66) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, April 17th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Hello, my name is Tommi Koivu. I am the oldest and leader brother of the Koivu family. This may confuse you as some of my 8 brothers are in the minor leagues already, but I am the leader. I come from County Donegal, Ireland City, Spain. But I grew up and played hockey in Portland, Maine. I grew up idolizing Rotticus Scott, legendary goal scorer for the Hamilton Steelhawks. He went to the same high school as me, and graduated when I was still in elementary school. I grew up going to his camps, wanting to be the best goal scorer and follow in his footsteps to the SHL. This didn't work out, as I figured out that I was way better at playing defense and absolutely smoking dudes whenever they had the puck. me and my brother widepeepohappy3 spent most of our time defending our idiot brothers Ricky, Paul, Binko, and Jolmi. This lead to us being big beefy defenseman. Hopefully we get to play with eachother (wink wink lol) as defensemen on the Hamilton Steelhawks (or any other team LAWL maybe in cincinatti or nashville? what yeah maybe). We also were good friends with B Jobin, C jobin, tommy westbrook but this time I upd), ALeksandr Iskandrov, Ben Waters Jr, and I can't remember anyone else in this class sorry if I forgot you man. I hope many of us end up crossing paths whether it be playing with eachother or playing against eachother. We will make eachother stronger and have some fun. Go birds and god bless the SHL.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Hi, my name is Alvin Towne, goalie as profession. I grew up in Detroit, my parents called me after Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks. It is funny, but i never watch that band sing. I started playing hockey at age 4, initially started out as a skater but switched to goalie when i was 6. Reason: my local club had a shortage of goalies, they asked me to try it out. At first i was uncertain, but my confidence grow as the youth coaches at the club quickly noticed i had special talent in the crease. Especially my positioning and reflexes stood out. Later i developed my blocker and gloves. Skating and passing are still weaknesses in my game, but hey i rather focus on the main saving skills. I stayed loyal to my club till my 14th birthyear, despite huge interests from abroad, but ultimately than decided to move to hockey-minded Canada to play on a more professional level. Now i am proud to be accepted as an entry for the upcoming SMJHL draft. Whoever drafts me, i can assure you i will do my best. You won’t be disappointed. All signs are there for a star in the making. My parents support me the best they can, financially and mentally. Also i am very motivated to do my best in training and games. Looking forward to becoming a noticeable player in the SMJHL and SHL. What more can i say? Hmm not much i think i covered all. Much love, Alvin!

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 02:13 PM by Fantobens. Edited 1 time in total.)

My name is Casey Fantobens. I was born in Ukraine. My father David Fantobens and brother Joseph Fantobens both played in the SMJHL and SHL. Don’t do the math it’s not worth it. Coming from such a hockey family it was Unavoidable but I would end up playing hockey. My father was a forward, my brother was a defenseman, and now I am the goalie. Growing up was OK. I was born in Ukraine but my father was from Sweden. Add a very early age we move to America and my father play hockey in Detroit I don’t remember much of that. I do however remember growing up in Tampa Florida. Lots of hot days hard to find places to play hockey luckily, I had an In at the arena downtown. My father dress me up in goalie equipment, And would take shots at me. It was such a blast! I loved every second of it! I loved it so much I started wearing my goalie equipment around the house. Then I started wearing it to school. My mom was upset when I wore my equipment to prom, but what really ticked her off was the goalie helmet in my yearbook picture.
She would say my daughter is not gonna be a hockey player. Turn out just like her father not able to walk, or her brother he doesn’t have all his eyesight from taking too many hits to the head.
So I said mommy I’m gonna be a goalie I get to wear all the pads. She said I’m gonna make her start drinking again, I was not aware she had stopped.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Name's Benny Fiorentini. Hockey was not the plan, by any stretch of the imagination. My old man played in the Mets system way back in the day (never got higher than AAA, no need to really bother looking into it) and my nonno was a footballer, played on the Italian national team long time ago. I do not, under any circumstances, come from a hockey family. Born and raised on Long Island, so I got to watch the Manhattan Rage growing up. Old man wanted me to play baseball, and I tried for a bit, but it never really came to me. I grew up watching Luke Thomason play and uh, that was influential. For sure that was influential. He made me think that maybe I could do it too, y'know? So, I wound up getting involved with the sport much to the distaste of my folks, but once I hit the ice and got my skates under me, I was off like a fuckin' rocket. After that, they didn't have much choice to start supporting me. I made an immediate impact in my midget team, was making kids look silly, but I didn't really start taking myself to the next level until I got invited to a training camp with some USHL guys. I got asked if I was going to declare for the U17 draft that year, but I wasn't really looking to relocate out of the New York/New Jersey area. Eventually, I settled and got a spot with the New Jersey Titans in Middletown, the NAHL. I went down there and lived with one of my cousins. My coaches were trying to figure out why the hell I wasn't competing in the USHL--so when my parents told me they wanted me to go play in college and enter the draft later, all I could think was about how my coaches were telling me that they believed that I had the talent to make it.

I declared.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Oles comes from a very small family. His father being an Olympic ping pong and his mother being an Olympian runner, Oles was blessed with his genetics. Having both the coordination and speed/endurance in his DNA, he knew he was destined to be a professional athlete. The real question was, which sport would he pick? Basketball was dominated by payers almost 7 feet tall (where as Oles is 6 foot 3 inches) and baseball seemed boring to him. One day scrolling through his youtube feed, a recommened video came up. It was none other than Boris Poroshenko taking the SHL by storm. While he wasn't the number one player in the league, he was a respectable top 20 while he was in his peak. Boris' ability to not only move and score the puck amazed him, but it was his pure dominance on the ice using his size to his advantage. Oles wanted to become as good as Boris was from that moment on. having played in the U18 Ukraine team for 3 years, Oles is finally of age and has officially decaled for the SMJHL. THis is his first step to continuing Ukraine's dominance in the SHL, with players like Boris, Darian, Mats Marner and Yosuf.

Oles has dedicated his game after both his mother and his father. Speed and coordination is his style. While being 18 means he stil has some size to add, it is clear that he is a bullet on the ice and is dangerous when he has the puck.

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

An Irishman named Otis Boudreaux playing hockey? What is this bizzarro world? No, it is the reality for me. I grew up outside of Galway and searched far and wide to find a place to indulge in my passion for the ice. While my classmates were hitting the pitches to score that match winning goal, I was hitting the ice to try to for the perfect pass to set up my center. The few coaches I could find told me that a left handed person belonged on the left side of the ice, but I didnt agree. Even though I am left-handed, the right side just felt more natural. I moved to live in Galway itself, I wanted to be closer to the ice. The cost of driving back and forth to the rink, it was just costing too much. Even if I didnt want to drive, the maze of busses meant I was sleeping more on the bus than in my bed.

So this move was just what I needed. He spent hours on the ice. I found a job in a chippie, yea, I love fish and chips, but the pay was good and the hours were even better. So up early in the morning, hitting the ice, working, back on the ice, it was a cycle that I hoped would pay off. But how to get to Canada, or the United States to get really noticed? Everyone knows that Ireland just isnt the place for hockey stardom.

One thing that Galway does have is a horse track and gambling is legal there. So I took a flutter and placed a bet. I was working one evening and a gentleman came in to place an order. It was a slow night, so we started to talk. During the conversation, the customer told me about a sure thing, a 50-1 long shot in the 3 o'clock race the next day, Harry Hoofter. It just happened to be my day off. So I went to the bank, withdrew my life savings, a big total of 100 Euros. Yea, it would have bought me a plane ticket, but I needed money to start with. My stomach was churning, twisting into knots as I placed the bet. Is there such a thing as a sure thing?

To be honest, I dont remember the race. I just remember the gentleman next to me yelling that Harry had won! I went to the window, handed in my ticket and collected my 5,050 Euros! I booked my flight, quit my job, packed my bags and said good bye to my family.

Now I am here, and I am not even sure where "here" is, but I hope it is the start to a new and exciting journey to stardom!

Howdy, I'm Edge Rocks. My path to this point hasn't exactly been ordinary. Growing up in Dublin, Ireland doesn't exactly provide an easy pathway into the great sport of hockey. In fact, I grew up in a family made up of fans of just about everything else. The Rocks family are longtime season ticket holders of Shamrock Rovers, and spend every home weekend at Tallaght Stadium. On top of this, we're also a family of wrestling fanatics, hence the reason I've ended up with this name (I don't know why my parents couldn't have chosen Adam, but hey, it works). I grew up practicing my wrestling moves, spearing anyone who would let me, and spending most of my free time down at the football pitch, but I never exactly excelled. Sure, I was manageable, and I'd rack up a few goals and assists here or there, but it was never my calling to be a professional footballer.

Fast forward to when I'm about 12, it's clear to me by then I have no future in football, and one day we head on down to the ice rink to skate for fun. I don't exactly remember much of the day, but I'm told I was a natural. All I remember is it being a blast and suddenly it clicked with me, I knew what I wanted to do. The next day, I was enrolled in skating lessons, and shortly after I picked up a stick and all my other equipment, and my career was off. Sure, as a fairly late entrant to the sport it was tough at first, but frankly, with the quality of the competition in Ireland the stars are always going to emerge sooner or later. So I've been tearing it up at home since, until now that I'm old enough to finally declare for the SMJHL, I've moved over here, and I quickly found a temporary home in Saint Louis with the Scarecrows as a DFA, and I'm gearing up for my first playoff run and hopefully can garner some real attention before the draft rolls around. Let's Go Crows!

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]