Create Account

S64 PT #5: Was it All? Was it Nothing?

Player prompt:
My SMJHL career has come to an end, with the Grizzlies unfortunately missing the playoffs. But the offseason hasn't quite started yet. With my transfer from Ireland to Czechia complete, I will be competing in both the WJC tournament, under the UCORCAL banner, and the IIHF tournament, for Czechia. With one WJC Gold medal under my belt, I hope to add one more success to my juniors career. And for Czechia, I hope to help bring the nation Gold, in what will be my first full fledged IIHF tournament after only a couple of starts last season. Once the international aspect of the season ends, I will make the move from my quaint home in the woods of Montana to the busy streets of Montreal. The Patriotes are coming off a franchise season that saw them clinch their first trip to the playoffs, only to get swept by the perennial juggernauts of Hamilton. I hope I can help bring both regular and post season success to Montreal.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

The San Francisco Pride are headed to the playoffs. Actually, at the time I'm writing this, we're headed to the Western Conference Finals! Borje Samuelsson is very pleased with this. It's his first season in the big league, and many thought he came up a season too early. However, he's taken everything in stride and has been able to contribute enough to his team, helping them reach their goals. It does suck, in his mind, that his coaches aren't letting him express his play in a way that he wishes. However, Borje understands that hockey is a team sport. It takes all types of roles in order to succeed. If that means Borje needs to be an agitator, then so be it. Therefore, much of his prep right now is a mental thing. He's sure he has what it takes to perform physically. However, understanding his role can be a bit difficult at times. So he's taking some time everyday to better his mindset.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Prompt 2

I do enjoy playing in Edmonton and I do think the team is going places. I think the core is good we just need to get over the hump. But can that be done before the window closes? That I don't know. I know my player had a great season finally and it feels like I am finally going places. Whether or not that's up or down remains to be seen. I think we made the playoffs but I don't think we advanced and that's okay too, at least we are making the effort which is better than a lot of teams around the league do because honestly if you're not Hamilton does anyone ever really notice who makes it and who doesn't? Did you like that run on sentence? I bet you did. Whoever reads this please know I wrote this right before the deadline and right after work and I am wiped out.

Player

The Specters have made it to the playoffs once again - their second season in the new era of the team, under GM Joe and co-GM Python. Led by their top line of Malik, Doom, and Kauppinen, the Specters were ready. Similar to their last post season run, they are forced up against another powerhouse team, though this time in the Texas Renegades as compared to last season's Chicago Syndicate. Obviously most of the new New Orleans core is a little wet behind the ears (outside of the 40's vet Lyle Odelein III of course), so most people wrote them off as an easy sweep. In the series against the Renegades, Texas won the first two games of the series, game 1 in a 7-1 blowout, making it 2-0 on the series. The Specters pushed back against the Renegades, knocking the series down to a best of 3 as it was tied 2-2 after the first four games. Eventually, the Renegades came out on top in 6, but this just gives the relatively young Specters core even more confidence down the line, especially considering game 5 and 6 really could have gone either way.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

Prompt 2:

This is truly The Last Dance for Jeff and the Zerks, with Jeff and the S62 core departing the team and the end of a dynasty, with the boys aiming for a three-peat before the S63s and beyond carry the torch. Jeff's goal is to re-sign with the Rage this offseason and help flip the script in Manhattan and take them to the top of the standings, but it will be a long journey. Jeff's not thinking contract quite yet though, as all focus is on the three-peat in Newfoundland, as well as proving he is a top tier J talent and a great MAN prospect. He's got a lot to prove this year and especially in the following year, but if he succeeds it will be a pivotal moment in his career and a stepping stone into a hopeful top-6 career in the SHL. Until next year though, its NL that is the focus.

152 words

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank