Create Account

S64 PT #5: Was it All? Was it Nothing?
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2022, 11:33 AM by kenvald. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt

What's up next for Sven is international play, hopefully. New England wasn't able to make the playoffs this time around. So right now Sven is heading back to Sweden. There's no longer a guarantee that Sven has a spot on the Swedish national team because of the immense amount of exceptional talent Sweden has produce over the last decade. So we'll see how that turns out. If nothing else, going back to the homeland for the break is in the cards no matter what.

When talking about New England there's not much to say. Another rebuild has started and Sven is one of the old veterans now. Mentoring the younger defenseman that are expected to take over any day now. He's not sure about what the future will hold. Together with the rest of the league he'll just wait and see. Will Sven play out his entire career in New England? Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Player Prompt

After training and getting better for many seasons without seeing any playoff success, Kevens and the Pride are facing a lot of pressure to perform well in the first round. This is only the second season where the Pride enter the first round as the favourites to win their matchup and in a league where the favourites usually win this round, there's a lot riding on this second good chance to reach the second round. Although Kevens personally isn't in a contract year, there are a lot of core members of the team who are. Collectively we need to look past the fact that the team might look a little different next year if we find ourselves up against the cap. Our only focus for now is to take the series against Seattle after managing to tie them 3-3 in our regular season series. Things during the regular season were initially promising, but after dropping the last game against the Argonauts 4-9, we can't let our guard down.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

The "Blizzard Boys" first season went pretty well. There was a lot of drama throughout the season showcasing the ups and downs of a growing team, as well as an added layer of the young core playing through their contract renewal seasons (of which all chose to renew for 3 seasons, proving that Edmonton is committed). The final episode showed Edmonton ending the season pretty strong, securing a 7 seed to face off against Division leader Los Angeles. This is obviously not a series Edmonton is *supposed* to win, but the young core is optimistic and ready to prove that they belong. Pasta, Makrus, Sven and Videl all showed a huge amount of growth this season, proving that they are going to be a force to be reckoned with very soon. And while Slavakov Vladimirashenko left in a trade partway through the season, the team has shown that they still have the core and consistent growth to be a league leader soon.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

player prompt

This season I've succeeded. Although there was a lot and a variety of thoughts about whether to continue my career at all and I see myself still able to be useful and able to be a team leader, too. The start of the season itself might not have been so successful, but the end-stage proved that the team trusted me for nothing. I use my episodes perfectly and hope it will continue again next season. Since the team has entered the Play-Off games, I have to start preparing for it, and I'm in great shape. No special preparation is possible at all, just to believe in yourself and your team. Everything needs to be done as we did over the course of the season and I believe we will be able to enjoy this Play-Off joy. It's the first experience for part of the team and I hope I can give a push to some of the players with my experience so they can play even better than before. I adore this city, and I hope my time here will not end this season as well as the next one, but you will not be elected to the careers.

Code:
Written Task: What's next for you? If you're headed to the playoffs, how is your player getting ready? What do you anticipate in your matchup? Do you have a contract negotiation on the horizon? Is that distracting? If you aren't going to the playoffs... how are you feeling about your team? Do you have an exciting young group of players? Are you excited for the future, or not so much? Do you love the city you play for, or are you hoping to move on? Tell me about it! (150+ words).

With the regular season over in the J, my team the Kelowna Knights are shifting our focus onto our 1st round playoff matchup against the Anaheim Outlaws This should be a very close series as we finished 8th with 69 points (nice) and Anaheim finished 9th with 65 points. Although we were right together in the league standings the GF/GA difference is quite large. In Kelowna are difference between GF/GA was +19, while Anaheim's was -41. However, everything gets thrown out the window come playoff time so this should be an intriguing matchup once the two teams face each other.

Once I finish this season, it will be time for me to hit the big leagues and join my SHL team the Chicago syndicate I am very excited to unbank all this TPE I have been gaining so a few seasons now and to showcase my skills in the SHL. I just hope to not be a liability on the ice in Chicago like how I was during my time in Kelowna! 

(174 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Player prompt

How unfortunate of me to be writing about how my player is going into the playoffs, when he certainly is not. Calgary missed out on playoffs for the first time since my arrival, and honestly i'm in loss for words. What do people do now that their offseason has started earlier than ever before? Well I will tell you this, Lilja will gain tons of weight from not doing anything other than playing Borderlands games on Steam. While the young Dragons core are training their heads off, Lilja is taking the easier approach to enjoy himself after carrying his team in the regular season in goals and points. Maybe he will explore new parts of Calgary he has yet to uncover since his arrival from Carolina. Although he has stayed in his apartment very long to call it his home, Lilja is starting to look for a new house in Calgary to move in from his apartment complex.

158 words

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Prompt 2:

After coming off another over point per game season, and the Chicago Syndicate have just won the President’s Trophy, GK is continuing to ensure he is at the top of his game so that he can finally win a cup. GK is basically honing his skills, doing morning and evening skates, and reading up on his opposition so that he can be at his best for the coming series. The anticipation is for GK to reach the finals and hopefully win the cup, however nothing is ever easy, and it will be a challenge but one that he is happy to accept.

Overall I truly believe we have a strong chance at winning it all, and these next couple of weeks will show that the team has what it takes to raise the cup. In addition GK needs to ensure to show up during the playoffs as his SHL playoff record is pretty rough, and seems to not appear when he is needed, so a new gear will be needed to make it to the cup final and reach his goal. (181 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Answering for the player prompt:

Vaseline Podcalzone is gearing up for yet another playoff run with the Seattle Argonauts. This season is certainly much more different than past seasons. With long time captain Darrow retiring last season, Pod is now the captain of the Argos, and is expected to lead this time to great success for this upcoming playoff run, and for the future that is to come.

I mean, Pod has experienced this in the past. He captained the Newfoundland Berserkers to an intense conference final matchup against the Anchorage Armada back in Season 58 in what would prove to be his final season with the Zerks. He honestly played the best hockey of his life during that run, or at least the best hockey of his life at that point.

Podz has had a breakout season while wearing the C. He set a big career high in points, eclipsed 250 career points in the SHL, and got an all-star game nomination. So all eyes are on Pod heading into the playoffs for sure. He's excited, though. A little pressure isn't much. After all, pressure makes vvs diamonds.

Code:
WC: 187

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

I get to PT pass. I'm allowed to do that!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

PLAYER PROMPT

It's been a real exciting season for us in QC, having just gone from 10th in the J to third in one season as the superb rookie class from last season matured quickly. We may have a first round bye, but no days off for Louise and her teammates. They're already back on the ice working every day to make sure she is one hundred percent locked in. It's kind of hard to do game prep at the moment because we don't know who will be our next round opponent and how best to counter them, so it's mostly just working on ourselves and staying in the right mindset. That being said, it's not "all work no fun," as at night after a long day of practice she usually hops into bed and puts on the SHL playoffs, cheering on her future Toronto North Stars teammates against the Baltimore Platoon.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

pt pass

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

My original suggestion in PT #1 was actually a fictional program that took the real life hockey world of the SHL and the institutions surrounding it, but populated it with fictional character and storylines that we would then follow around like a regular TV series. So there is no real "follow up" to this one per se, although the season would need a nice finale and possibly cliff hanger for sure. But we can also look at my real team and the program that could have been done about it and we have two options here, the Calgary Dragons of the SHL and the Colorado Raptors of the SMJHL. Now the Raptors are the team that I'm more involved with because, well, I'm playing there, but I think the Dragons actually had the more interesting storyline this season. Back before the start of the season, I wrote:

Quote:For the Dragons I'd say it would have to be about meeting some really towering expectations. As maybe the most historic franchise in the league with countless hardware in the trophy case and some of the best players and GM playing for or coaching them, there is so much glory in the past that it can be tough for every current players who comes to the team to live up to that, especially now that the team has hit a bit of a rebuild and now both the fans and the front office personnel have to live with and learn how it is to not be a contender anymore for the first while in a long time. That combined with the still huge expectations that come with a past like the Dragons can put some enormous pressure on everyone, from rookies to veteran team leaders.

And these towering expectations did indeed come crashing down on some people. For the first time in over 20 seasons, the Dragons missed the playoffs. Legendary players like Barry Batsbak and Brennan Kennedy Jr. announced their retirements while the young guns had to cope with developing and growing as a player and person while playing in front of a fanbase that had to deal with severe disappointment for the first time in forever, and sometimes lashed out at the players on the team because of that. Watching everyone, especially the young players, deal with that new situation made for some nice episodes and TV moments.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

The feature on me this season went much better than anyone could have predicted. Most around the league figured I was a year or two off from being a star player. So this was supposed to be an origin story and more about getting to know me as a player and a duck. It was supposed to be about me loving the lime light and showing that I had the charisma to be the face of a franchise. I wasn't supposed to be good yet. Well, fast forward to the end of this season and I ended up tied for 1st in points as a defenseman. 16 goals and 45 assists put me at 61 points. I also wasn't too shabby on the defensive side of things with 98 hits and 92 blocks. It was a great season and I can't wait to let everyone down next season who drafts me in fantasy.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT

Jonathon Hagan is headed to the playoffs for the first time in his SHL career, after not being in a postseason matchup for the first time in his hockey career after his rookie year with Montreal. He's prepared for it in an interesting way as the team readies for its first ever playoff appearance against the league's boogeyman in Hamilton. His preparation has involved a lot of partying, as has been typical, and while that may be surprising to some, Montreal isn't favored in the matchup in the slightest, so he simply has decided that he may as well have fun alongside his first ever playoff appearance. Despite him partying during the team's 4 days in Hamilton (even though the city doesn't have a big nightlife), it hasn't affected him on the ice, though Montreal does trail in the series by two games. He will continue his ways back in Montreal, hopefully getting to celebrate a win in there as well

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Quote:Written Task: What's next for you? If you're headed to the playoffs, how is your player getting ready? What do you anticipate in your matchup? Do you have a contract negotiation on the horizon? Is that distracting? If you aren't going to the playoffs... how are you feeling about your team? Do you have an exciting young group of players? Are you excited for the future, or not so much? Do you love the city you play for, or are you hoping to move on? Tell me about it! (150+ words).

Spack Jarrow is focussed on the playoffs and finishing off his junior career with a strong performance. Heading into the trade deadline there were all sorts of rumours and speculation as to whether Jarrow would finish his career with Anchorage. Thankfully the talk was overblown and Jarrow can close the final chapter of his junior career with the team that drafted him in the 1st round, 13th overall back in season 62.

Playoffs are not going to be easy with a first round match-up against the newly rebuild Detroit Falcons. There are some really strong teams this season and Anchorage is in the process of a rebuild so the focus is on giving the young guys some playoff experience. The hope is to at least put up a fight and not go down 4 straight.

Regardless of how the playoffs finish, Jarrow is honoured and thrilled to be play his entire career with the Anchorage Armada and will be a proud alumni.

[ 163 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]