Create Account

S64 PT #5: Was it All? Was it Nothing?

Player Prompt.

The Manhattan Rage goes into yet another year of the rebuild, leaving with yet another top 4 pick. Tomas is getting to the age where he can make a significant impact on the ice, and soon his younger teammates will also catch up. Tomas has seen a lot of his teammates that he started with either be traded away, retire or just plainly not progress anymore for the team which has made him one of the more experienced players on the team in only his fourth SHL season. His points has continuously gone up every season, albeit just 3 points more in S64 than in S63, but the team around him has changed a lot. Tomas loves the city though and wants to fulfil his dream of seeing a cup banner raised to the rafters. If the team can get another solid class of players, the core will grow even more and create a good window to push into the playoffs when Lind becomes the gritted veteran of the team.

Code:
words: 170

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Quote:HOCKEY PROMPT - The season is over, and the show covering your season has aired. At the start of the season you pitched the show and the story lines, so now I want you to tell me how it ends. 

Written Task: Describe what happened in the final episode about your team's season. How did all the storylines you told me about in PT #1 pan out? Are those veterans going to get the playoff run they hoped for? Did those rookies scrap together a bunch of points on a Cinderella run? Does it have a happy ending? A sad one? I'm on the edge of my seat

The very last shot of the TV show is a look at the standings, and showing the Colorado Raptors hoisting the Pacific conference cup for having the most points in the regular season, and getting a first round bye.  It was a slim margin, but the Raptors outlasted the Quebec City Citadelles by 2 points.  There is a giant montage about Shoyo Hinata getting the scoring title, after the talk in the first episode was if he'd be able to, tieing for the most assists in the league and then beating out second place in points by 3.  Then there is a group shot of all of the new rookies, as the first episode talked about if they could replicate how well the S64 class did for the Raptors.  Hynek Heidinger, Sebastien Dubois, and Jolmi Koivu all got in the top 17 in points by Rookies, and rookie Goalie Shiny Shuckle all were amazing to help boost this team to the top.  The final parting shot of the show is a slow roll out from the Cup that the team is hoping to come away with.  Now onto the 2nd round, lets go Raptors!!!

Code:
194 Words

Player Prompt

For Rashford he is headed into his final playoff games with the Berserkers.  The Team is a well-seasoned team that has seen the majority of the players skating together now for four seasons.  Expectations are high for a team that is coming off to back to back championships, four straight final appearances, and a potential for a few players on the team to win their 4th championship in 5 seasons.

Rashford hopes that he can help lead the team back into the winner's circle again against a very competitive field that see's five teams bring together very potent offences and stout defensive games.  Mikko is looking forward to the change in scenery though, as he will join two other teammates (O'Neill and Tightpants) in the offseason as their make their way to Winnipeg to join the Aurora as the next wave of talent in the Western Conference of the SHL.  

Rashford is absolutely excited for the future, and looks forward to the next stage of his SHL Career

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Player Prompt

The Seattle Argonauts unfortunately were knocked out in the first round of the postseason, so it is time for us to retool and prepare for next season. I think that our season was pretty good for the most part but we definitely underperformed to our standards in the regular season. Ramza has decided to go to a sports psychiatrist to try and get his head right and see how he can maximise his efficiency for next season. I've said it a lot and I'll continue to say it. The future for Seattle is an exciting one. I think that in the next few seasons, we'll come out swinging on all factors and make it to our first finals appearance. We might even win the damn cup. Thankfully Ramza loves the city of Seattle and holds it very dearly to his heart, and thus is relishing experiencing playoff success with the Argonauts. It'll be so much sweeter when it happens because it's for Seattle and because it's for the great figures in the Argonauts organisation.

[Image: blasoon.gif]

pass

So the Philadelphia Forge had their recent episode of Puck Luck, the story of the Simulation Hockey League's best and not so best teams. It was a hectic time trying to film the episode. Thomas, Last Name, and Scarn were the biggest pesks to the filming crew. You see those three and you wouldn't think it was the trio that caused the pranks thrown their way, but believe it, it happened. It started off innocently with a few classic shaving cream pies and razor blades in cereal, but then it escalated to flat tires, pictures of b***** printed on press passes. This made things a little difficult to film, but the film crew pulled it off. There was some great moments with two Forge players being named to the All Star Game, an entry into the playoffs, and lots of good memories. It was later found out, after the playoffs ended for the Forge, that a few players were retiring after this season. Which came as a surprise to the team, but ultimately those players will live in Forge history. Next season they're hoping to jump into the playoffs and again and make a deep run. Hopefully Puck Luck will want to come back and see the team play again.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Player Prompt:
Edmonton has the longest playoff streak of all time, and it's still active! This season was the closest that the Blizzard have been to missing the mark, so the team is very excited to be invited to the dance, even if we have a difficult route. As a player who has never experienced a season without the playoffs, it is scary to think about how my abilities and usefulness to the team have dipped in the last few years. Tokolosh won a challenge cup in his first year in the league as a depth player, but has been unable to replicate his early success, and with the decline in franchise strength, Tokolosh is unlikely recapture his former glory, and definitely not in a role where he will be a major contributor.
Edmonton has been a great city and team to play for, and playing his entire career for one franchise has been a career goal of Julio's but he understands that if he needs to be dealt as a part of a rebuild process.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Player Prompt

Right now, my focus is the playoffs. It has been a tough couple of weeks since Regina had a bye out of the first round. We all had a lot of nervous energy watching the first round and waiting to see who we would play. We are in the middle of the series right now and it is all tied up at two games apiece. It was quite a relief to finally get that first franchise playoff win under our belt so we could focus on taking the series instead. I am trying my absolute best to keep my mind focused on the playoffs but it is hard because I know this is my last shot in the J. It looks like I am going to be called up to the big leagues and join Philadelphia next season. In a sense I have the pressure of two leagues on my shoulders at the moment. Will I make fans in the J happy now and will I survive the fans in Philly later? I am certainly excited for both my present and future but it does feel like a lot.
(189)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Pt pass

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]

The end of the season was super rough but I am excited for my next chapter. I'll be headed up for my first real season in the SHL with the Winnipeg Aurora. I got a taste of it in the playoffs, but it's never enough.

I'm excited to get to my rookie season and see how well my training has paid off. I know that the Grizzlies have prepared me well for what's to come.

I know that Winnipeg is struggling right now, but I hope to help change that. My goal is to come in and make an impact, no matter how big or small. I want to make sure we end up in the playoffs again, and this time not get swept. It'd be even better if we could get though a couple rounds next season and keep building off of our success.

I'm excited to move onto the next step and see where we go. It'll be quite the adventure no matter what comes my way.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2022, 12:28 PM by Crunk. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt

Viktor Krunk has just finished his time in Maine. He really enjoyed playing for the Timber, and will leave as the single season record holder for goals. Though his J career ended in sadness and frustration, with a heart breaking playoff loss to the Carolina Kraken, he couldn't call his season, or indeed his career in Maine, a failure.
The purpose of the SMJHL is to develop talent, and there's no questions that Viktor Krunk has developed his ability and potential far beyond even he thought possible when he started out. While a few eyebrows were raised as he was taken in the first round, he has definitely developed since then into a player worth of that pick. The Maine Timber have to take a huge amount of credit for this.
So in the end... I guess it definitely wasn't all this season, but you couldn't call it nothing. The memories will last forever, and Krunk is more concerned about his SHL contract being renewed...

[Image: crunksig2.png]

player prompt

We have the pleasure and happiness of playing Play-Off in games that certainly give us a much longer time to enjoy hockey. I need peace and silence as a gatekeeper. We've already had the first round, which we won and the second has taken a big step towards winning, but without a team-sharing good game, it would not be possible. I've only played one game, but I feel my partner is more ready for these games and while we win, I'll be happy about his game in the meantime. There was no special preparation, there was simply something to go on, because we showed in the regular season that we were able to get big things done. We just missed a little to win our division. I adore the time I have to spend in Detroit, I know this is just my second season on this team, but I've already fallen in love with it and I'll have trouble parting from that team in the future.

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie

Prompt 1

Well, I'll be honest, i don't remember at all what i wrote in the previous PT this season. However, whatever it was, the ending is not at all what we were expecting either. Though, i don't know why we were not expecting it. It's a classic that Buffalo didn't pass to the next round, and that of course, the team that would beat them is the bane of this league, the Hamilton Steelhawks. Despite being so low in TPE and having a subpar season, this team still manage to crush the hope and dreams of every children of this league. I would not be surprised to see them go directly in the finals either at this point. The season ended in a sad fashion for buffalo, with many players feeling, just overall, disappointed. The classic view of the maple leafs getting eliminated last season is exactly how the buffalo locker room was.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

The season was a dramatic and emotional one for the Montreal Patriotes. After such a dramatic and uncertain off season, there was a great deal of doubt in the teams ability to perform under pressure and continue to build on the expansion momentum of the previous four seasons. However, the addition of some key offseason pieces, and the exciting debut of Scott Thorn gave some hope.

Overall, the season was a pleasant surprise. Damien Vertigo stole the show night after night, and Scott Thorn had a promising rookie season. The additons of Wanesly, and especially Darzins proved to be fruitful, as Kriss Darzins set a new franchise record of goals in a season. Bringing in Jay Cue at the deadline was another strong move, as he finished the season in Montreal with flair, finishing 4th on the team in points.

Montreal was able to set a new franchise record for wins in a season, and qualify for their first ever playoff appearance. Though defeat at the hands of Hamilton swiftly followed, this season demonstrated Montreals capacity to challenge the league, and I think quite dramatically showed how promising our future is. More exciting callups coming, league better watch their backs!

[Image: banes.png]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)