Create Account

S64 PT #5: Was it All? Was it Nothing?

In the final episode of Hard Knocks: SHL, the outside cup favorite Los Angeles Panthers found themselves in a brutal battle against the San Francisco Pride. The dramatic series finale included powerful moments such as pre-game speeches before games 5 and 6 from Jimmy Wagner and Keith Lee respectively. The Wagner speech, down 3-1 in the series, was classic Jimmy. A rousing speech, which fired up the roster on route to a 2 goal game from their captain and a dominant 6-1 win at home. The final game at San Francisco was not up to that same bar, as the emotionally exhausted Panthers found little ground against the Pride, falling well short of forcing a game 7 back in Los Angeles. The sad music played and credits rolled over the despondent faces of the Panthers players who were primed for success in what was expected to be their peak season.

153 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

To be fair, the team did better than expected, which makes the season finale a feel good story episode. The Winnipeg Aurora did a fantastic job getting the proper team built up, the proper locker room mentality, and the best young players the league has to offer. Put that all together, and you have yourself a fantastic final episode. Making the playoffs without even thinking we would, beating up some good teams in the regular season, even getting trounced in 4 games we made Chicago sweat, so much so I expect them to fall to SFP in the Western finals. We got in their heads, and when we skated off the ice after game four, we were happy with how the future looked, and know that next season is going to be a good deal more fun, stronger, better. Will we win a playoff series? Who knows... Will we scare anyone we play along the way? Absolutely

PLAYER PROMPT

Slip McScruff was excited to come into the playoffs as an overdog instead of an underdog for the first time since the Simon T days.  In his old age, he actually beat his career records for points set a decade of seasons ago.  He hit 7 goals (career best) and 15 assists (4th best) for 22 points.  That season was only 50 games, but he was playing 22 minutes per game while he played 17 minutes per game this season at 66 games.  That is only 15 more total minutes this season than that earlier season, so less than one extra game.  Best plus / minus, most shots, but a significant down turn in blocks and hits, as with the previous seasons on NOLA.

Overall, he has been having a great year to kick off the second half of his exciting career.  At this point, he'll just keep grinding away in the gym and taking league minimums until the team has to boot him for younger players with a bright future.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

We are back in the playoffs and I just could not be more thrilled to be part of such a fantastic roster. Over the last few years, I've found such great joy in being part of the Chicago organization. We have perennially been one of the better teams in the SHL and despite not always ending our playoff runs with a Challenge Cup, it really is super beneficial to have a winning culture consistently that drives us to be better players. And while the road to the finals will be tough, I'm certain that the Syndicate have a roster that can compete with just about anybody in the league and we will have a great shot. All we need to do is play our game, make sure that we are responsible in our own end, take risks when we need to and get good goaltending. Even if the playoff season weren't to go as we had planned, I don't see any way that I'm leaving Chicago anytime soon. It has been such a great experience to come back to the SHL with this team.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

P1.

In the final episode of "the tampa bay barracuda" going back to much earlier in the season. I would say our season ended up with us throwing our back out in the last game of the regular season. Pinched a nerve, just slept wrong, you pick it, it happened. We got swept in 4 games by Atlanta. our teams stacked up well, it should have been a great series, our teams matched up very well. Unfortunately, we came up short again. The proverbial letdown and injury leading to our demise. We can't explain what happened, but we know the end result. Sadgers emoji. Even with a lack luster playoff run, we played well this season. We ended up 7th in the league, only two points short of Atlanta in the division. Zoltan didn't play as well as he did last season, but he's another year older and its very unpredictable. I look forward to next season and seeing what our team can accomplish!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Lyle Odelein III has been around the league since S50. His rookie season in the SHL was 14 seasons ago, he is considered a veteran by everyone in the league. His playing days are numbered and he knows that and is okay with that. He hasn't made any official decisions just yet, he wants to keep his options open and he wants to make sure it is the right time for him and the Specters when he hangs up his skates. He is now thinking more about what he will be doing after his playing days are over rather than what he needs to do to get ready for the season. Whatever he choses to do after his playing days he will do it with all of the effort he has put into his SHL career, but until then, he will keep working on being the very best hockey player he can be, and making sure he does everything he can to make the Specters the best team they can be.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Pbe affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

PBE Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Despite making the playoffs, it seems to unfortunately be the case that Edmonton got eliminated by the Los Angeles Panthers in the first round. While Edmonton struggled in the regular season, and limped into the playoffs with a 28-34-4 record and 60 points, they managed to take the series to 6 games, against one of the top teams in the league at that too.

Leon Athanasios is ready to relax in the offseason, especially having signed a one-year extension that will take him through S65. Here's what he had to say after inking his new deal:

"I'm happy to be back in Edmonton for another season, especially after a career year. I know there's speculation why I didn't sign a longer term deal, but really it's not about money or term. I have enough money to live my life, and I can make money in other ways. I just like this team and the people, as well as the management, even with news of our GM stepping down this offseason. Excited to stick around!"

prompt 1

the final episode of the hit SHL series "FORGED IN THE FORGE" was our most dramatic bit of content yet. the forge at the beginning of the season our team had to choose what good luck item we were to freeze in the ice for the year. our glorious prophet evil allbran had the fantastic idea of freezing a pack of SHL trading cards, not only bringing us luck from the PACKA GODS but also injecting the luck it gives us right back into the pack, so that it will be opened with the shiniest, highest numbered of painted cardboard. skip to the final episode, and the team is in shambles. we suck, we're out of the playoffs, didn't even win a game. sitting in the corner is EAB, knees to his chest, rocking back and forth, mumbling to himself. "the packa, it has to be perfect, we had no luck, it has to be all in the pack. it will be 3 diamonds at least, AT LEAST". scoochie strapon dug up the pack. "wawts en the packa? WAWTS EEN THE PACKAA?" the hollow man screamed. it was all trash. most of them hamilton too. season ends with an anti-gambling therapy session royal rumble.

Prompt 2

Our season is over as we didn't manage to beat the San Francisco Pride in the first round of the playoffs, that was pretty rough on me because I really wish to win the first cup in Seattle history before I retire but I am not getting any younger and I fear I won't have enough time to make it happen but oh well, what else can you do. We're going to go back at it and hope to beat the Pride maybe next season. One thing for sure they wear their name well because they were pretty proud of themselves after beating us. I probably will wonder for a while how things might have been if I joined the SFP team instead when looking for a cupless team to join but I still think I made the right decision joining the Seattle Argonauts when I left Chicago after getting them their first cup

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Written Task: What's next for you? If you're headed to the playoffs, how is your player getting ready? What do you anticipate in your matchup? Do you have a contract negotiation on the horizon? Is that distracting? If you aren't going to the playoffs... how are you feeling about your team? Do you have an exciting young group of players? Are you excited for the future, or not so much? Do you love the city you play for, or are you hoping to move on? Tell me about it! (150+ words).

This is quite a bitter end to Paul Koivu's time in Anchorage. After getting to the finals in his first season, it has been pretty downhill from there for the team. Koivu did get an award last season, but this season was atrocious, probably one of the wort the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League has ever seen. But, because of how the divisions are, the Armada still made the playoffs. It wasn't pretty there either though, as they got completely swept by Detroit. This was then the last games Paul Koivu would play with Anchorage. That means Koivu now needs to prepare very well to be called up. It won't be super easy with New England either, as they are deep in their rebuild, but Paul is already used to losing, so that will not affect him. He just needs to work super hard on all aspects of his games to have a chance at the Jesster award, the award for the best rookie. Paul is determined to get it

170 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

I'm getting ready in the playoffs to be the most valuable player for the Atlanta Inferno and get the Razov trophy to end the season. This trophy has eluded me twice now as I previously received a nomination for the awards in back to back seasons, but unfortunately was never able to win. People might be asking, why do I think I will win it this season, now that I am old and am bad. Well the answer is simple. I will be channeling my inner Aaron Wilson and hacking so that I will win without question. So far the hacking is going well, with my team, the Atlanta Inferno beating the Baltimore Platoon, despite only having roughly a 30% chance to win the series, as well as sweeping Tampa Bay with ease. Is this what parity is? Must be nice. Anyway, now we are up against Aaron Wilson's team himself, so it truly is a battle of the hackers as to who will win.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

While unfortunately Regina has bowed out in round two, Jones is looking forward to his future with a bright Winnipeg team. They are going to be receiving a huge influx of talent this coming season and this will be a team to watch for in the coming seasons. Rumors have spread like wildfire of Jones making a possible switch to defense in his transition to the SHL, while not denied Jones has been saying he will do whatever the team requires for success in his season closing press tour. For now Jones will take the offseason to relax, refresh and prepare for what is sure to be a rigorous and exciting first SHL camp with his new teammates in Winnipeg. While the ultimate goal didn't happen in Regina, Jones will always love his time there and wishes them all the best in their push to establish their history in the SMJHL

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]