Create Account

Elimination of the 5th SMJHL Season Announcement

Howdy

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 09:34 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

04-13-2022, 09:30 PMdasboot Wrote: Dumb

Thanks for your input

Hey by the way let me just plug our upcoming SMJHL HO Fireside Update Podcast, where we're hoping to discuss some more plans and current events facing the J! Should anyone have any questions, comments, or suggestions, we'd be happy to have them. Aiming to hopefully record next week, as Easter has made this weekend difficult

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 09:37 PM by dylanjj37.)

04-13-2022, 09:09 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: First, currently the only people who are primarily using this 5th season are either fully IA players, or people who explicitly want to stay in the J for as long as possible.

Or because no SHL team wanted them... (e.g. Sebastian Weiss) (great guy btw)

W + I care + full head of hair

I love this change. Encourages active players, gives young players a better chance to compete, and keeps the J as a development focused league. Great job HO!

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

04-13-2022, 09:36 PMdylanjj37 Wrote:
04-13-2022, 09:09 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: First, currently the only people who are primarily using this 5th season are either fully IA players, or people who explicitly want to stay in the J for as long as possible.

Or because no SHL team wanted them... (e.g. Sebastian Weiss) (great guy btw)

Typically we see SHL teams passing on players either because they're IA or they're wishing to stay in the J. While other reasons exist, such as a lack of space for players, I feel the Sebastian Weiss comparison to be a bit disingenuous. Considering this discussion has already happened regarding how frequently you retire your players, and the position that puts SHL GMs in when considering the best for their team's long term health. I'm more than happy to help plan a way to support our overall goals of retention and development with you, but you do have to consider their point of view.

S66 Damian Littleton

04-13-2022, 09:33 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
04-13-2022, 09:30 PMAce Wrote: now do the 4th season

*ducks*

Call up your players sooner

Also have space to call up said players sooner
I love the J, but it’s fostered this community that somehow makes being called up taboo. It’s almost instilled in first generation prospects that they would be doing a disservice to their J team if they were called up in their third season.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 09:52 PM by dylanjj37.)

04-13-2022, 09:45 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
04-13-2022, 09:36 PMdylanjj37 Wrote: Or because no SHL team wanted them... (e.g. Sebastian Weiss) (great guy btw)

Typically we see SHL teams passing on players either because they're IA or they're wishing to stay in the J. While other reasons exist, such as a lack of space for players, I feel the Sebastian Weiss comparison to be a bit disingenuous. Considering this discussion has already happened regarding how frequently you retire your players, and the position that puts SHL GMs in when considering the best for their team's long term health. I'm more than happy to help plan a way to support our overall goals of retention and development with you, but you do have to consider their point of view.

I wasn't saying it was wrong that no SHL team wanted him, I was just saying that your statement was wrong and there are other reasons. I would've loved to have gone to the SHL but instead I had to recreate.

Great move

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-13-2022, 09:50 PMAce Wrote:
04-13-2022, 09:33 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Call up your players sooner

I love the J, but it’s fostered this community that somehow makes being called up taboo. It’s almost instilled in first generation prospects that they would be doing a disservice to their J team if they were called up in their third season.
Unless they are joining their gms or other juniors friends in the SHL, of course

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

04-13-2022, 09:50 PMAce Wrote:
04-13-2022, 09:33 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Call up your players sooner

I will concede that yes, currently people feel they're screwing over their J team by going up instead of viewing it as a success that they developed enough to do so. However, we both know this is also a much bigger discussion overall that we hope to approach as well with our other ongoing plans

S66 Damian Littleton

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 10:09 PM by ACapitalChicago. Edited 1 time in total.)

04-13-2022, 09:51 PMdylanjj37 Wrote:
04-13-2022, 09:45 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Typically we see SHL teams passing on players either because they're IA or they're wishing to stay in the J. While other reasons exist, such as a lack of space for players, I feel the Sebastian Weiss comparison to be a bit disingenuous. Considering this discussion has already happened regarding how frequently you retire your players, and the position that puts SHL GMs in when considering the best for their team's long term health. I'm more than happy to help plan a way to support our overall goals of retention and development with you, but you do have to consider their point of view.

I wasn't saying it was wrong that no SHL team wanted him, I was just saying that your statement was wrong and there are other reasons. I would've loved to have gone to the SHL but instead I had to recreate.

It strikes me as needlessly pedantic to say it's wrong because we didn't include every single possibility, including those specific to one or two people at most, but if you would like to consider it that way that's entirely fine. If you would truly like to go up to the SHL, earning diligently and proving to everyone you will be sticking around with this player will only bring you benefits

S66 Damian Littleton

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 10:12 PM by dylanjj37.)

04-13-2022, 10:08 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
04-13-2022, 09:51 PMdylanjj37 Wrote: I wasn't saying it was wrong that no SHL team wanted him, I was just saying that your statement was wrong and there are other reasons. I would've loved to have gone to the SHL but instead I had to recreate.

It strikes me as needlessly pedantic to say it's wrong because we didn't include every single possibility, including those specific to one or two people at most, but if you would like to consider it that way that's entirely fine. If you would truly like to go up to the SHL, earning diligently and proving to everyone you will be sticking around with this player will only bring you benefits

nah ill just get to annoy the rookie mentors again one season earlier than i wouldve

Great step.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

04-13-2022, 09:32 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
04-13-2022, 09:22 PMWeretarantula Wrote: I feel personally attacked

It's not that we hate you, we just don't love you. But in all seriousness, the only reasons we see the 5th season being utilized is for reasons outside of our overall goals. As such it made sense to us to remove it
I'm never sending you cool 40k stuff ever again

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada