Create Account

S64 mPT #5: Beneath the Ice

The Colorado Raptors decided to freeze a dino egg under the ice prior to the start of the season. Now, some nay-sayers might argue that dino eggs aren't actually a thing and that what was buried was actually just a ordinary, slightly painted chicken egg, but they'll eat their words when that little baby Raptor comes out of that egg. Any day now...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

we all donated some sperm to freeze underneath the ice before the season. It held up surprisingly well and now the cleanup crew thinks its cinnamon roll frosting yum

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

The Quebec City Citadelles had decided to freeze a barn owl skeleton this season. They figured it would bring good luck to them this season, now that the season is over and the skeleton is being removed they are going to continue the tradition next season with the same owl.

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

Being such a great manager, hotdog let us each burry something of our own in the ice. Personally, I buried one of my feathers (the luckiest one obviously). It is now being used by the maintenance folks to tickle each other.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

At the beginning of Season 64, the Montreal Patriotes knew that this year would be special. So they co-ordinated with the ice crew to add a proprietary blend of maple syrup and beef gravy into the red line paint for the rink. It has no effect on the ice (except magic, duh) but it is an absolute BITCH when ant season starts during de-icing.

[Image: banes.png]

Montreal decided to freeze a bottle of fireball under the ice. Why fireball, one might ask? Because only those who have a screw loose in their heads drink it, and the Patriotes all have a screw loose

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Before the start of the season I put a fully cooked hotdog (with bun and condiments) under the ice. Now they crew are getting ready to remove the hotdog it will give me the nutrient boost I need for the playoffs. I'm sure it's still safe to eat. Big brain.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

The choice to freeze a bottle of Montreal Steak Spice at centre ice for luck was perhaps misguided and clearly didn't provide any said luck to the Armada team. Maybe we can try a bottle of garlic next time.

[ 40 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

So nobody told me this was something we were doing so I was pretty surprised when I found a tiny little bronze bull statue in the ice at the end of the regular season! Pretty fun little thing, I think I'll take it with me and if it's not cursed I might put it back in the ice next season!

Code:
60 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

The Minnesota Monarchs wanted to freeze their good luck scepter under the ice, but were about a week late. Since the ice was already in place, they just skipped freezing a good luck charm, which has lead to them missing the playoffs.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Argonauts freezed inside the ice a puck with an Argonauts logo. Why? Because the sport that Argonauts plays is ice-hockey and it is played with a puck so it was clear choice.

[Image: salming.png]

The Montreal Patriotes just freezed a freaking team jersey so that it would be really cool for the playoff first round, to help players focus on the game instead of what is around it.

(34 words)

In Texas we do things a bit different. For luck, many rinks around the Texas area would freeze a snake under the ice to ensure good fortune for all games played on the ice moving forward. The Renegades used a particularly large rattlesnake. Legend has it the snake lives and grows under the ice to this day.

Word Count: 57

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Before the season started, the Blizzard froze a piece of pepperoni under the ice as is tradition for Tony Pepperoni, however I don’t know the reaction because in ON THE PRIDE BABY! SFP! SFP!

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Hamilton decided a sheet of steel, the same size as the rink, was the thing needed to give them luck. When asked why a piece of steel, the answer was obvious: Freezing a hawk wouldn't work, and would be unethical. And then when asked why the piece of steel was the same size as the rink and not a small one at center ice, it was just about being different from everyone else.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]