Create Account

'Clutch Players'

Hey,

I'm not nearly as active as I used to be a few years ago, but I've noticed there's quite a bit of concern when it comes to lack of disparity in sim results, namely in the playoffs. I think it's important for both sides of the argument to understand the other; you don't want the same teams winning everything all the time, but you also don't want to discourage GM's trying to build a dynasty or a super team. I thought about this a little bit and came up with a unique way this could potentially be curbed in the SMJHL.

Clutch players.

..or whatever you want to call them. Here's the idea; at the conclusion of the regular season, each playoff-bound team can choose one player on their roster to add all banked TPE. It could be a forward, defender, or their goalie... doesn't matter.. just one player per team will be their 'clutch player'.

I think this adds a unique aspect to the playoffs, mainly because the other GM's will now have to adjust their tactics based on the other team's 'clutch players.

Do you go all-offense and choose and a forward?
Do you make an iron-curtain defense?
Do you use the best juniors goalie in the world?

Of course, this is just a rough idea & surely other restrictions could / would be added. Just looking to start a conversation.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

While this is a creative and unique idea, I'm not sure how every team getting a player to do so equalizes things from a parity perspective. Yes it does reward development. But, the pressure this places on players while also complicating our updating process alongside the aforementioned parity concern makes me pause

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

04-16-2022, 10:29 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: While this is a creative and unique idea, I'm not sure how every team getting a player to do so equalizes things from a parity perspective. Yes it does reward development. But, the pressure this places on players while also complicating our updating process alongside the aforementioned parity concern makes me pause

Only thing I don’t understand about this is how it “pressures players”.

But I agree I don’t think this is a very feasible idea.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

04-16-2022, 11:07 PMMerica Wrote:
04-16-2022, 10:29 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: While this is a creative and unique idea, I'm not sure how every team getting a player to do so equalizes things from a parity perspective. Yes it does reward development. But, the pressure this places on players while also complicating our updating process alongside the aforementioned parity concern makes me pause

Only thing I don’t understand about this is how it “pressures players”.

Simplest way to put that it's a lot of pressure on one player, and if they get FHM'd and don't contribute, that can feel very defeating. In addition, it also feels shitty for the rest of the players who don't feel as important as the other one for not being selected.

S66 Damian Littleton

Bring back STHS endurance

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

turn injuries on

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

04-17-2022, 10:06 AMluke Wrote: turn injuries on

If we could make it so that an injury maxed out at a game or two it could be pretty cool. Teams having to make sure their prospect pool was solid rather than just trading picks non-stop would add more depth to the league. Would totally suck for players though.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

04-16-2022, 11:11 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
04-16-2022, 11:07 PMMerica Wrote: Only thing I don’t understand about this is how it “pressures players”.

Simplest way to put that it's a lot of pressure on one player, and if they get FHM'd and don't contribute, that can feel very defeating. In addition, it also feels shitty for the rest of the players who don't feel as important as the other one for not being selected.

Using this logic we should get rid of all awards and anything that rewards a player for being better than others. It might be a developmental league, but there’s still a Four Star Cup, MVP, players fighting for #1 overall, etc, all of those things would fall under the umbrella of making others feel defeated and shitty when they lose out.

04-17-2022, 12:29 PMMerica Wrote:
04-16-2022, 11:11 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Simplest way to put that it's a lot of pressure on one player, and if they get FHM'd and don't contribute, that can feel very defeating. In addition, it also feels shitty for the rest of the players who don't feel as important as the other one for not being selected.

Using this logic we should get rid of all awards and anything that rewards a player for being better than others. It might be a developmental league, but there’s still a Four Star Cup, MVP, players fighting for #1 overall, etc, all of those things would fall under the umbrella of making others feel defeated and shitty when they lose out.

Well that's a dramatic escalation

S66 Damian Littleton

04-17-2022, 02:08 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
04-17-2022, 12:29 PMMerica Wrote: Using this logic we should get rid of all awards and anything that rewards a player for being better than others. It might be a developmental league, but there’s still a Four Star Cup, MVP, players fighting for #1 overall, etc, all of those things would fall under the umbrella of making others feel defeated and shitty when they lose out.

Well that's a dramatic escalation

So is assuming people are going to be defeated and feel negative pressure for adding an additional award to the league.

Career ending barbeque injuries

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]