Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 - "A Dive into the Armada"
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2022, 06:43 PM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Armada was founded way back in S1 by Gibson. Well, of course, they weren't the Armada back then, but rather, the Prince George Firebirds. But well, what was their journey from S1 to S65, and how did they go from the Firebirds to the Armada. Let's get into it. WE'll have 2 deep dives until S30, and then move on to SMJHL Media for S30 to S65 over 3 posts

Their overall 'regular season' record is a whopping(not really) 995-910-187, a positive record, atleast. They've had 22 GMs over 65 seasons, the first being Gibson and the most recent being Ragnar. The regular season record of S1 to S9(excluding S4 and S8) is missing, but we'll work with it. Stats are also only available from S53 so just bear with it.

S1 was a prosperous season for the Armada, uh... excuse me, the Firebirds. Got to the playoffs with a good record, I assume and then just went on to casually win the coveted four-star cup. The history for S2 is missing forever, atleast for a newcomer like me. S3 was another good season, to say the least. The Armada, uh.. Firebirds finished with a good reg season record(I assume), and then went on to go to the Four Star Cup. This time, however, they lost it to the Kelowna Knights. Not a close series either, the Firebirds(got it right) got gentleman swept 4-1. Was a rivalry brewing? When would the Firebirds get revenge? Maybe next season. Unknown to me. S4, the first season with a record. In the regular season, the Firebirds went 23-14-3, finishing the season with a .575 win percentage. They went to the four star cup, and gentleman swept the other team 4-1. Was it the Knights? I don't know but should've been. S5-7 and S9 are completely lost, so we'll skip them. Getting to S8, the Firebirds went 33-5-8, with a win pct of .825. They went to the FOur Star Cup, made it closer than it should've been but won it 4-3. This is their last one for quite a while, so it's not all good for the Firebirds. S10, presumably the first losing season, they went 18-20-2, finishing with a .45 win pct. They still got to the West finals but lost in 7 games, so all in all, not a bad season. This starts a streak of losses in the playoffs which are just painful. I'll do an overview here. S11 was a bad season, 12-24-7, 40 win pct, lost in first round. S12: 24-14-2, .60 win pct, and a loss in the first round. Next even better, 27-12-1, but yet another loss to the Knights, this one in the West Finals. Keep in mind, they've lost to the Knights three years in a row. S14, they are just above .500 at 18-17-5. But another disheartening loss in the 1st round makes them the most mediocre team ever. Last season of this article, S15 is nothing better. 15-23-2, which is .375 is bad enough to make the playoffs, and lose in round one to the Knights, of course. The first 10 years were great. After that? BRUTAL.

Peace. See you in the next one.

@lukamagic APPROVED! +5 TPE