Create Account

S64 DFA Bounties #2 - The Present

The playoffs have started, and that brings us to the second DFA bounty:

You've made it. You're on the list to be drafted into the SMJHL. Some of you have already temporarily joined a team for the remainder of this season to stay in shape and possibly attract more attention from scouts.

Written Task: Write a summary of your scouting profile, highlighting why you you're expected to do well in the upcoming draft (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Show us the cover photo for your scouting file. Must include your render, name, position and nationality.

Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S65 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S66) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, April 24th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Alvin Towne #1
Kelowna Knights DFA
Birth Place: Detroit, United States 
Height: 6’3 
Weight: 215 lbs 
Shoots/Catches: R
Stats to date: GP: 11 Record: 6-5-0 GAA: 2.64 Sv %: 912 SO: 2

Alvin Towne is considered one of the top goaltending prospects going into the S65 SMJHL Draft. A 6'3 who maximizes coverage with his huge frame and is positionally very strong. Good stance mechanics, with active hands. Towne has a strong glove hand, who controls rebounds within his frame. Towne competes for rebound opportunities and is not afraid of “doing whatever it takes” to stop pucks. Towne doesn’t show poor body language after goals, which demonstrates maturity and mental toughness. Looks sharpe in every game. Average puck handler…could make stronger decisions when playing the puck. Not the best skater, but his positioning makes up for that. Has a high workrate, outcompeting teammates during training. Very wealthy, his bank balance reportedly being worth over 40 million. All in all a very versatile goalie who looks to have a promising future ahead of him.

User comment: My previous players did extremely well in the SMJHL, both Gordie Boomhover and Adrian Ayers maxed out before heading to the SHL. I am expecting the same for Alvin Towne. I am committed to reach my goals with Alvin Towne. I want to beat my TPE record and win some trophies along the way. S65 SMJHL draft class seems to be goalie heavy, but that doesn't scare me. On the contrary, it motivates me to work harder. I am planning to max earn from the start.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022, 08:32 PM by adamantium. Edited 1 time in total.)

From the desk of Sam Walker, Head of Scouting for the University of Denver’s Men’s Hockey Team

Name: Benson Fiorentini
Position: LW
Birthplace: Long Island, New York
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 185
Shoots: Left
Last stats relevant: 29g - 32a - 61p in his last season with the NAHL’s New Jersey Titans

Report:
Benson Fiorentini the NAHLer is a myth as far as I’m concerned. What’s real, as far as my eye and the stats are telling me, is Benson Fiorentini the future SHLer who spent a couple of years playing below his level. I got a chance to see this kid when he was doing a training camp with the USHL a couple of years ago and was convinced he was going to go top three in the U16 Draft. Imagine my shock when he wound up in the NAHL instead.

Fiorentini is a relatively small but well-centered winger with a penchant for flashy moves and scoring goals. Standing at just under 6-foot-1 on skates and hanging around 190 in terms of weight, we’re looking at a versatile winger with the ability to stay steady on his skates and throw stick checks around as needed, as much as his latent offensive ability. His size makes him a bit of a liability in the dirty corners and, as such, he’s not much of a big body checker, but it’s an aspect of his game that can be worked on with time. Likewise, though, don’t expect him to be the one to throw his body on the line to block a shot unless it’s accidental.

What’s really for show here is his offensive prowess. His offensive IQ is fantastic for a kid his age and he has consistently looked miles ahead of his peers in his two years with the Titans. His shot is quick off the blade and is typically placed pretty well, but his range could use some work. As it stands, he’s not taking shots from too far out of the slot. His ability to read the ice and defencemen to find the open lane, whether it’s to pass or to receive, is one of his best assets. In general, his offensive mind is what he’s got swinging around here.

The big question, and one that demands caution regardless of how good we think the kid is going to be, is whether or not it can actually translate to a harder game. The NAHL has quality players, some of whom will go onto bigger things--but it’s not the USHL. It’s not the NCAA and it’s certainly not the SMJHL, which is where most people are speculating he’ll declare. Still, on the off-chance that he’ll decide to go collegiate even for a couple of years, I want this kid high on our priority list. There’s something special here.

-- Sam

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Name: Edge Rocks
Position: RW
Born: Dublin, Ireland
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 202 lbs
Shoots: Right
St. Louis Scarecrows DFA: 8 GP, 0 G, 1 A

Report:
The young Irishman hasn't had the best of starts to his SMJHL career. 8 games in and into the playoffs he is scrapping for ice time, and has only recently managed his first point. You can hardly blame the Scarecrows' playoff struggles on Rocks' effort, however. By all accounts, Rocks is one of the hardest working at practice, and is more than willing to put in the work where he needs to in order to help the team.

Despite a late introduction to the sport, Rocks projects with a high ceiling, and while some may call him a project, others see a young player who knows that all the odds are against him, and is ready to defy them. He knows the work he will have to put in to achieve his dream of playing in the SHL, and it seems he's already starting to put in that work.

While it took a few games to show itself in the North American game, the place where Rocks really excels is his offensive game. He comes with solid all-around offensive ability, with the ability to score goals and get open, but Rocks models himself as a playmaker more than anything, and his passing and offensive IQ are unparalleled by others of his age and experience.

The defensive side of his game needs work, but he has already shown a desire to improve on that front, averaging just over a block per game in his limited time on the ice and putting work in in practice to improve his checking as well as his all-around defense.

Physically, he is not the most imposing player you will ever meet, but he can hold his own, and will improve if he can increase his strength over the offseason. He's not the fastest player either, but he is quick out of the gates and uses that to chase down the puck well over short distances. There are some slight concerns over the fact that he has shown a slight timidity, but that should come as he gets used to the league and breaks out as a player.

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2022, 04:36 PM by The__Y-man__100. Edited 1 time in total.)

Oles could very well end up being a top 5 pick. Every team is looking for their next franchise center and he is more motivated then ever to make his home town proud of his hockey career. While his shot and playmaking abilities are good, it is Oles' skating that makes his stand out from the rest. the pure acceleration that he possesses can break through any D line and have his opponents eating his dust as he fly's by them. Agility drill results are off the charts and some might even say Oles dances when he's out on the ice. With his movements so fluid and graceful, one might think the 13 years of Ukrainian dancing finally paid off (and all the yelling from the instructors probably taught him some discipline too). Regina has already sent their scouts over to Oles' combine showcase. Not to mention two weeks ago a viral video of his skating technique blew up over YouTube. A little attention never hurt anyone's draft stock and by the looks of it, Oles' is the ONLY center who has declared for the SMJHL draft. While obviously we know it is still very early in the process, first movers advantage is always a good thing. As it stands Oles' has the ability to be the number one ranked TPE center in this upcoming draft, which to me bring his draft stock wayyyy up.

It will be exciting to see where he lands, there's still a lot of development left in his game and here's hoping that his first season in the SMJHL is a successful one

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Name: Julian Eaglesong
Position: Center
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 220
Shoots: Left
Birthplace: Cologne, Germany

Julian Eaglesong is a left handed shot center who currently has signed a contract with the Colorado Raptors to finish the season. He will enter the upcoming SMJHL draft and is a first round hopeful. He has not seen much ice time but has made the most of it knotting two goals in his limited time with the team.

Eaglesong possesses great puck skills and vision on the ice. His biggest strength is his awareness and defense first mindset. He is a big body on the ice and is not afraid to throw his weight around to disrupt the opposing team. He is aggressive on the fore check and battles along the boards for the puck. He needs to see improvement on his passing to see an increase in points production. He has a selfish mentality with the puck and tries to play the hero. He will need to find himself on a team with a strong coaching presence in order to see his potential reached in a timely manner.

User notes: I always start with a plan for a player and it gets thrown out the window almost immediately. I know that people like hearing that someone wants to be a defensive forward because lets be real, its a rare sight these days. My last player was not super successful being that I just did not earn a ton like my peers but I think I pulled out a solid career. I look forward to building another penalty killing monster who maybe can shoot the puck from time to time. We will see.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Tommi Koivu is one of the more electrifying defenseman we've seen come through the junior draft pipeline in years. He has a strong pedigree of success in the SMJHL, and we expect him to match that production. He features a blistering left handed slapshot, along with excellent offensive ability in terms of setting his teammates up and finding the right pass in tight situations. While his offensive game is strong and will be a large help to any team that drafts him, his defensive makeup looks to be truly generational. He is not a gigantic kid forcing his way around the ice, he's actually quite nimble and able to pick the puck away from strong offensive forwards in his age group. He is more of a stick-work player than he is a body layer, but he can lay the body in a comparable way to the rest of his age group. His skating is strong and he skates with meaning, never getting out of control on the ice and taking bad penalties when tracking a forward along the boards or making a play in the open ice. I'd compare him to a Charlie McAvoy or in terms of the simulation hockey league, a Guy O'shea. He is a first round talent, and will likely go in the top 6 or 7 picks, dependent on team needs or locker room fit. I would not be surprised to see him go to Kelowna, where he has been practicing and catching eyes of their management. A team like Vancouver could also use his voice in their locker room. Any team will be lucky to have him and build around his play.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Casey Fantobens having only just turned 18, has a practically spotless resume. At 13 years old she made his debut at u-18 junior level in Sweden. By the time she was 14 years old she was one of the best goalies at the u-18 level. At 15 years old she made the jump to u-20 level, before dominating the same level at age 16-17. SHe has also starred on the international level at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge and the U-18 World Juniors. And now, at just 18 years old, she has nine SHL games under her belt and a preposterous .931 sv% in them. No matter what is happening in front of her, Casey is locked in. Her poise is exceptional. Alongside her mental fortitude, the Swede possesses a technical game that most SHL starters would be jealous of. Her ability to get herself into position no matter what the situation means that she deals with incoming pucks from all angles well, not just in terms of making the initial save, but also ensuring no rebounds. On top of her mental game and technical prowess, Fantobens also has one of the best gloves you will see for a young goalie. Often, this aspect of a net-minders game can take the longest time to develop. As for her puck-handling? In a day and age where – partially due to the trapezoid – many goalies struggle with the puck on their stick Fantobens is an exception. SHe grew up playing both goalie and skater, and her puck-handling makes you think she could have been a success had she never decided to don the mask. It would be an enormous surprise if Fantobens does not develop into a starter, and with her fundamentals and maturity she has the potential to be an elite goalie in the league.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]