Create Account

S64 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

We've wrapped up the last games of the regular season. It's playoff time!

Written Task: How has your team prepared for the playoffs? (150 word min.) (if your team didn't make the playoffs: what is your player going to do with all their spare time?)
Graphic Task: Create a game day program for a playoff matchup involving your team. Must include 2 team logos and 1 render.

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S64 SMJHL Rookies (S65 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or ISFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday, April 24th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

It happened. We had made the playoffs. Anaheim was facing off against the Kelowna Knights. Going in we know they only have a marginally better stat line so we can definitely win the series.

I walk into the locker room, Big Newff is breaking down plays with PP1, as he sees me enter he shouts out "hey Billy, Fluw wants to speak to you in his office" "thanks Newff" I belt back.

I make my way over and waltz into his office.

"Blazes, just the guy I wanted to see. Alright buddy were going into the playoffs with a series against Kelowna, their record is pretty similar so it should be a close series. We're keeping you on the third line but we're gonna rely on your grit and truculence to wear down the opposition. Forecheck hard, finish your hits , you know the drill. Hopefully you can also chip in on offense a little bit, but since it's your first playoffs we don't expect you to set the world on fire out there. Just go out there and try your best. Alright you're good to go now"

I thanked him for the help and left his office

On my way out I was approached by captain Lesgo Brandon

" Hey Billy, I know it's your first playoffs so I just want to let you know not to stress out there. Just go out there, try your best, and my try to work a little of that Blazes magic. See ya kid"

I walked back to my stall and thought to myself, this is what I've been playing for all season.

PBE PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Citadelles in the Playoffs

The Citadelles prepared for the playoffs, first and foremost, by winning enough games that they were able to skip the first round of competition entirely. This gives them much-needed rest after the reason to try to work on their game a little more, get much needed personal development in, and even rest any lingering injuries they've acquired through the season. While most people think it a foregone conclusion that Newfoundland will win this year's cup, and indeed that seems to be the tone even amongst the teams intended to face off against them, taking this added free time now to gear up against a team that could perhaps let itself become a little complacent could provide the one, unlikely opening to compete with the Berserkers.

Accordingly, much of that free time is going to be spent in the gym and in practice. Conditioning, athleticism, and the willingness to bring sheer grit to the table are the only real hopes the Citadelles have to compete against an over-skilled Berserkers team, assuming they even meet up later in the playoffs. This means early morning skates and long hours in the weight room. Ultimately, if you can't beat someone on the ice by outplaying them, you need to try to beat them off the ice by outworking them.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Anchorage are the massive underdog of these playoffs and everyone knew it heading in. They were 2nd last in the league in the overall standings, only avoiding being rock bottom thanks to a tiebreaker advantage on the Vancouver Whalers. Despite this, due to the league's playoff format Anchorage are in the first round against the Detroit Falcons, who were 4th in the overall standings, and only a few points away from getting a bye to round two. Anchorage knows they have a monumental task ahead, but the goal for this season is just to play with no pressure and get a feel for the playoffs ahead of future seasons where they will be more competitive. Detroit is currently up by two games in the series, but the series is about to head home to Anchorage, and the Boats are hoping that some good energy from the crowd can help swing the series more in their favour. If not, at least they get a top 3 pick in the coming draft. (170 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

The Vancouver Whalers unfortunately did not make the SMJHL Playoffs which is a bummer for B Jobin, especially because he thought he would have so much free time to spend with his dad A Jobin, but unfortunately his dad's team, the Hamilton Steelhawks, DID make the playoffs, so no father son bonding time for the Jobins I guess. So instead, B Jobin will spend time with Whalers teammate Miroslav Ketil as they both have no responsibilities now, so they'll be making plans to visit Hamilton, Ontario to catch some of A Jobin's playoff games, and while they're there they will go to Toronto to bar hop and take in the city's nightlife, and during the day they will find cool new restaurants to try and maybe even catch a Blue Jays game! Of course, B Jobin will also be working out all offseason and practicing HARD to come into next season and be one of the SMJHL's top goaltenders.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022, 05:40 PM by Michiganonymous. Edited 1 time in total.)

Great Falls battled hard but missed the playoffs this season, having the misfortune of playing in the Wollker, the toughest top-to-bottom division in the J this season. Quebec Citadelles , Detroit Falcons , and Maine Timber all surpassed 40 wins and made the playoffs from the Wollker Division; the Grizzlies made a valiant charge at it but ultimately finished 5 points behind Kelowna Knights in the race for the 8-seed. We're still proud of the work we put in, and optimistic that we can draft well and be right back in it next year!

For his part, Taschen Messer is busy preparing for the upcoming SHL draft, training hard and alternating days between the gym and the rink. He's aiming for the first round and pushing himself to build up his body and improve every aspect of his game. He wants to keep adding to his reputation as a hard-charging 200-foot player, so he's working on adding muscle mass and skating faster in reverse to improve his defense. On offense he's been practicing placing his passes more accurately and trying to add some velocity to his shot.

He's mindful of his mental health though, so he's been making sure to take at least one day a week off from serious training to get himself out into nature and explore the beautiful terrain around Great Falls. After all, a long steep hike can be nearly as much of a workout as a morning bag skate!

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

The Armada might be the biggest underdogs in the playoffs this year. They're a good team, but were 2nd to last in SMJHL in overall standing, that only due to a tiebreaker over the Vancouver Whalers. They are up against the Detroit Falcons, who were 4th overall. THe good thing for the Armada is that they have no expectations, so no pressure for them. They can just go out there and do their best to win and get to the Four Star Cup. Even if they don't, the young players are getting experience for future seasons. It isn't looking amazing for Anchorage, since they're down 2-0, but they secure a top 3 pick if they lose. If they win, they get a playoff W under their belt. I believe it's a W all round for the Boats. They could still pull through, just maybe

The Battleborn are playoff bound with a strong contending team for the first time since I joined the team. Before this season I have no idea of their success rate or general strengths but we're determined to go all the way. we prepared for the playoffs by winning lots of games in the regular season, there is no better way to practice than to leave your opponents crushed on the ice. Personally, Seamus spent a lot of time hitting the gym and practicing slapping up dummies in preparation for the slaps he was going to throw down. Funnily enough to his name though, Seamus has been slapping the puck way more than slapping other people. Maybe it's time to up that aggression. Either way, the Battleborn and battleready for these ploofs and when we strut into round two well be ready to swing that home ice advantage all over the place.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

In order to prepare for the playoffs, we’ve all begun treating our faces with essential oils to entice hair growth. It is a time-honored tradition in hockey – when the postseason rolls around, you let that face grow. We’ve invested in a feng-shui consultant to come into our locker room and cleanse it of bad energy so we can grow our mightiest facial hair. A playoff series is a war of attrition, and it is often times decided not by the team with the mightiest hockey skills, but with the best facial hair. So far, these facial grooming investments have not yet paid dividends for the Anaheim Outlaws, but we were not swept and we’re heading back to Kelowna for a very important Game 5. Time will tell if our beautiful, full beards can prevail over the Knights’ beta stinky beards. If the Hockey Gods have any say, the Outlaws will prevail.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Since the Colorado Raptors' opponents have not been set yet thanks to a Round 1 bye, the team hasn't really changed much from the regular season. Practices continue on the same schedule as they did in the regular season, along with weight room days, meal preps and times, and the same basic social calendar. The team is hoping for more of the same success, so they're doing more of the same things. The biggest change for the players and coaches of the Raptors is the distraction provided by every monitor or TV screen playing the games. It's an air of anticipation, the thrill of the hunt. It feels a little bit like getting puppet strings cut when the big boss, Jumbo, comes through and turns the TV off, usually barking for us to get back to whatever we're doing. Focus on the present, doing what we can to be ready for what's next.

The Colorado Raptors will be ready.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

I tihnk the real question is how did we not work? We did everything that you can imagine under the sun. We shot sand bags into the net for two purposes of course. It lets you be strong handed in the chest and shoulder. You gotta focus on these areas because this is where you get most of your strength from. Next is you must have a good foundation with your teammates. So we like to go out and eat dinner together and then also sometimes we make jokes. Its that important for winning games that you have to focus on these. And then you jsut have to put like some weights on your legs and skate hard. this will improve your leg strength and core by just an amazing amount. You will be just flying down the ice at fast speeds. And then you gotta go through coaching vids and scout the other team. Knowledge leads to success.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

meutedfaith my good friend thank you so much for this illustrious word prompt this is awesome. this is one of your best prompts yet. For this one, I will be answering the question with this answer: we did a lot of stuff man. First of all, we shot the pucks into the net. This helped us with our ability t score the puck. After that? we did a few passing drills. That was a big one, tommy westbrook but this time I upd is not very good at those. He needs to improve. Finally, we bonded as a team together. First, we went to dinner, and I found out some very peculiar facts about Aleksandr Iskandrov. After that, Tommi Koivu took his shirt off and did a little dance. Now, we are all bonded and are ready to go, and you can see from our incredible first round perform,ance how that went! haha.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page