Create Account

S64 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

In the SImulation Major Junior League hockey season 64 the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League team the Colorado Raptors qualified with the 1st overall postion in their conference, lokcing in a first round bye. This means that the Colorado Raptors had an extra week to prepare for whatever team they may face, potentially giving them the edge. This season Colorado had 44 wins, 13 regulation loses, and 9 overtime losses. This was good for second in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, a very good season for them. The team prepared for the playoffs this season by doing several things. Those things that we did included specific training that helped increase our bonding and chemistry as a team ontop of our on ice performance. For our chemistry the Colorado Raptors did a team hotdog eating contest to see who could eat the most, this helped the chemistry by making it so that players had to work together as teams to win at something so pedantic. To improve the on ice performance we studied the tapes of our potential opponents and learned their plays to optimize our play against them.
(189 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

The Detroit falcons has prepared for the playoffs by being the best team in the league, bar none. What even is a stupid Beserker? Not as cool as a falcon. We prepared by having the mvp, or the person who should absolutely be the mvp, sconnie mchits. Having the mvp on the team helps everyone be better prepared, and it also helps that he will be scoring it up in the ploofs. We also did some pre playoff preparing when my wonderful gms traded for Ramblttom and Creller, two 425 TPE studs to help fortify the team. It’s so good that we are too 2 in overall TPE as well as defensive TPE. Vax has cooked up some wicked lines which means that between those two things we are coming in red hot to the playoffs. After our sweep of Maine (?) we are ready to whoop Regina and get on to the four star cup finals. I have a legacy of the Jobins to carry and win some serious shit

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

2 years in a row in the playoffs as a Regina Elk player, hell yeah! We fought really hard this season to be able to earn a first round bye and we did it! We had some difficult times this season, but thanks to our core players like Svoboda, Olubori, Jones and Emerson, we managed to finish 1st in our division! FUN FACT : this is our first playoff round win! (it counts right? RIGHT?). Our opponent will be the Detroit Falcons, one of the toughest teams we played against this season. We all know this will not be an easy round, but we believe in our chances. We know we have the talent and the team spirit to win this series. We'll cheer each other up and make sure our motivation reach the roof! We will also make sure the intensity in every practice is at its highest and I'll make sure, personally, that everyone is ready! I believe in ourselves, like everyone on the team (GM included)!

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

The Colorado Raptors place second overall and first in their conference earning them a bye through the first round. Most would say this is a great thing for a team because they don’t have to play in the first round and don’t face elimination. Although that is true you also miss out on playing at all through the first round and the team could get rusty over time. To combat this, the Raptors have been practicing at their facility in Colorado every day, sometimes twice a day to prepare for the playoffs and keep their skills sharpened. The Raptors cannot take the time off lightly and have to keep warm and ready for the second round. There have also been lots of team building exercises including team dinners and game nights. This helps keep the morale of the team high as well as the team chemistry high. The team hopes to beat the crap out of the Kelowna Knights and eventually compete in the finals.

(167 words)

With the extra time from their first round bye, the Regina Elk switched up their training and hit some blocking dummies. With so many big-bodied physical players like David-Arturri Donskoi, M'Baku Olubori, Kezia MacKenzie, and Jaeger Jones, the coaching staff wanted to keep the team loose. So, instead of hitting the ice, the team took a flight and hit the gridiron for some old school football practices. In a weird amalgamation of hockey and football equipment, the team got to work with some professional football coaches for blocking, tackling, and route running drills. Of the many versatile athletes on the Elk, M'Baku Olubori in particular thrived. He grew up playing American football before he found hockey. That might be obvious, as he’s built like a linebacker. Other players who may not seek out the physical game, benefited from the coaching on reading a defensive scheme or an audible at the line.

After two days off ice, the team returned to their practice facility for intense game film breakdowns on their likely next opponent, the Detroit Falcons. The team was engaged and focused, and the coaches could really tell the players were ready to play some hockey. With a young team like the S64 Elk, players are improving each day; players and coaches hope they are hitting their stride right now, when the spotlight is at its brightest.

Elk Elk Elk

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2022, 08:56 PM by Toivo. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kahn on PBE

You know we tried, we gave it a good shot to get our affairs in order and get ready for the playoffs. There was a lot of cardio training to make sure that our endurance kept up throughout the series and make sure we weren’t getting exhausted too easily. I don’t know if it came down to puck luck which led to our early exit in the playoffs or what. But now, with the playoffs over for us, we have quite a bit of free time to hit the golf links and see what is up out there. Right now is a great opportunity for our players to recharge, rest and get ready for next season. Lately, I have been trying to learn some new hobbies like stitching and sewing, so check out my jersey next season if you want to have a chance at spotting an easter egg stitched on one of my jerseys. Just fun things like that to keep the mind off missing playoff hockey.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Going into t he playoffs, the falcons stumbled a little across the finish line, but ultimately finished 2nd in the Wolker division. The boys have all been hitting the gym hard, and practices are really more like walkthroughs now. Don't get me wrong, we up the pace in scrimmages significantly, but no longer are the days of suicides and stairs. Legs wait for the games. We do a lot of bike and water work to stay in good resting. A lot of people are worried about the bracket, and who we will be playing... Detroit doesn't care. We know we have to beat everyone; Quebec, Colorado, Newfoundland. We are ready for all of them, and were ready to play them right now. My last hope, is that we mark this season of with a championship for our leadership. They have worked really hard this season and Id love to see the people who put a ton of work behind the scenes get the cup.

Go Falcons!
SKKRRREEEE

-OX

[Image: unknown.png]
                               Sig Credit - @Azjha_59

The Quebec City Citadelles have been building up towards the playoffs all season, and the pre-playoff practices are a good way to shake off some of the nerves going into a series as the favourite against the Nevada Battleborn. The goalies, Justin Time and Isabella Bouchard, can carry on a friendly rivalry in training, each driving the other to be better. The top two lines of Fiske-Utah-Kidd and Versi-Bordeleau-Sabor have been on fire offensively and they devoted practice time to getting better on the power play along with an elite offensive defender in Louise St. Martin. Off the ice, a good amount of time was devoted to watching film of the Battleborn's tendencies to figure out the best ways to counter them. In particular was finding a way to counter their best player in Wing Wang, who put up 34 goals and 70 points. No stone was left unturned in the efforts to come out ahead in the playoff series and get to the final four.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

For the playoffs as a member of the St. Louis Scarecrows was a very tough task as we knew we were headed in for a tough battle against Nevada Battleborn. As a team, we did not have the greatest of records. We finished with 22 wins, 41 losses and three overtime losses. The main thing we worked on was defense as we knew we would be headed to a series where we would get a lot of shots on us, and our team is already one of the worst teams in the league for goals allowed, and we were ranked number 12. As long as we could hold off on their scoring volume enough, we would get rewarded with some goals by our offence as we did have our top score Dan Baltisberger who is ranked number seven in most goals in league with 31. Throughout the training session, we mainly worked on defense and penalty kills as we knew that we would probably have a good amount of penalties.

like waters said, we did a lot of stuff. we did shooting drills, and this made us shoot better. Then we did passing drills, and this made us pass better. tommy westbrook but this time I upd is not very good at those. We also did some team bonding drills, and I got to share about myself with ben waters jr. then, tommi koivu (mean guy) took his shirt off and did a little dance, which I thought was very inappropriate considering there were children in the immediate vicinity. Now since we are all bonded, we have a larger chemistry with each other. The effects of this are shown with our first round of the simulation major junior hockey league playoffs. what waters missed is that we also did zen yoga, in order to get in touch and align our inner chakra. now that our inner chakra is aligned with the sun, (mercury is in retrograde) we should come out even stronger than ever before. thank you.

-aleks

[Image: izzy.PNG]

For playoffs, our team put in a really big push to get everyone up to date on what they can advance on. This helped us out a lot with creating the “we can do this” playoff kind of mentality. We all told ourselves that we could do this, and we’d played really well throughout the season. We all felt we deserved this hard earned chance to compete in the playoffs, and we were not going to down ourselves no matter what. We knew we were as ready we we could be, and everyone on the team had an idea of what they wanted to produce as a player going into the playoffs. All of this combined really set the tone for what we wanted to do together against our opponents, and it worked really well in terms of getting everyone on board. The Battleborn surely are and will be ready for whatever may present a challenge.

Jayyson Aitokallio prepares for the playoffs by first going to the spa and getting a full day of relaxation. And then I would then go and get a massage to make sure all my little bones are well massaged. As a team, what Anahiem did was get into the playoffs first .We practiced hard and won games in order to get into htep layoff position. We made a big push, aquiring players and trading the bad ones away in order to make the team better. Then we are eating right. Since anahiem as big money deep big boy pockets, they have a lot of money to spend since we get thousands of fans who attend the games each game. So we eat right because we can hire professional chefs and fitness people, so that we can be the best players we can be. Finally, we are going to win games in order to play the games to win

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Anchorage comes into the playoffs as big underdogs due to us only really making it due to the league structure, however this will be good experience for all of our young growing players. We are coming in with nothing to lose and can go out and try our best to play winning hockey in a series. The big difference in the playoffs is preparing for specific players and really digging into how to limit them with more time to focus on each team's play styles. We'll really need to focus in on limiting McHits space and room to get shots off. We've been focusing on really honing our defensive system around limiting space and playing more physically to make the offense work for their time on the puck and looking to force mistakes and win the puck back. From their we've looked at how we can transition quickly to get those high percentage attacks on the counter attack.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]