Create Account

S64 DFA Bounty #3 - The future

We're nearing the final round of the POs, and we're at our third DFA bounty of the season:

With playoff hockey going on in the league, you can feel the excitement in the air and your draft, the real start of your SMJHL career, coming closer. It makes you wonder where this could all lead to eventually..

Written Task: What are your goals in the leagues? Long term, mid term, short term; what are you hoping to accomplish with your player, or hoping to find on the teams you join. Are you looking for individual succes, and maybe even a HoF induction, or will you focus on team success? (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a hockeycard for your player, including at least your render, name and the logo of an SHL team you could see yourself playing for.

Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S65 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S66) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Start of the SMJHL Draft

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

First! And this is not without a reason. Alvin Towne is my third player. This time i am going to succeed, third time’s the charm they say. One of my personal goal with Alvin is to perform among the best TPE wise in the class. I want to max earn from the start and keep it going as long as possible. I have a reasonable bank balance (+40 million), that should help me and give me a kickstart. Beating my personal TPE record (1154 set by Adrian Ayers) shouldn’t be too hard to accomplish, but i have set my eyes on a bigger goal. I want to do what i planned to do with Gordie Boomhover, be active and stay active until the very end of my career. I believe i can do it. I have learned from my mistakes. As for the possible teams that might draft me, i hope to join a team that is active and building towards success, but also gives new recruits a chance. I hope to join a team that is in a need of a strong goalie. I am a very loyal person, but i will be honest in saying that team success is important for me as i haven’t ruled out a possible HoF induction as a goal, but that is for the long term. Another side goal of me this time is to familiarize myself with the GM side of the site. I have taken up the role as WJC GM and looking forward to try it out.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

This is my first experience in a sim league like this, so this first player is going to be a lot of me figuring things out and just having fun. I've already really enjoyed the little bit I've seen as a DFA with the Scarecrows, and I'm itching to get more involved. My goals at least short term are just to be the best team player I can be, learn a bit and become a contributing member of the community. I don't particularly care about individual success, although obviously any accolades are welcome and I'll be trying to make the best player that I can, but I'm more focused on the team, both in terms of success and fit. I've played in some not very fun locker rooms in other things I've done, and to me the most important part of any of this is having fun and meeting cool people. That's really my goal long-term, short-term, and in between. I'll give it my best and do everything I can with my TPE but at the end of the day I just want to have fun and watch some simulation hockey. I'm also just sort of looking at what I can do to get involved here, whatever job I can do or I may even look into GMing, but that's something I'll look more into as I get settled in and familiar. Overall, I'm just excited to be here, excited to get drafted, and excited to see what I can do.

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Name: Anthony Dionne
Position: G
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 225
Catch: Right

Hello! With my first player, sky is the limit! For real, I wish to at least be a no1B goalie at my prime in the SHL, with some good seasons to make a name for myself and tell my grandchildren how great I was! In the J, I will probably be there for 4 seasons because of my position so I hope to be one of the top 3 or top 5 goalies of the league. I will not shit on my team if there's a better goalie and for the benefit of the team if I'm #2, I will only ask to have a chance to help the team and be a good teammate. Maybe give me a chance to an expansion team? #MarcAndreFleury

It's my first player so I will certainly need some help from some veterans to navigate and help my player to maximise his potential. My bank account is empty, but I'm not afraid to use the Media section to earn some money. I will probably not max earn, but I hope it's will be close so I will have a chance to be successful.

I think there's not a lot of players who speak French on the Québec Citadelles, but it would be nice to play for my hometown team. Same thing in the SHL with de Montréal Patriotes. If not possible, I love the Kelowna organisation and their jersey in the WHL so maybe my second pick. Anyway, I will try my best to be the best player and to fit in the locker room who will welcome me, whoever that team is Smile

I will probably not be a GM for some time to understand the league better, but be a CO-GM will be possible. I can also help some team for the International Hockey part in a couple of seasons.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 09:15 AM by Otis Boudreaux. Edited 1 time in total.)

Name: Otis Boudreaux
Position: Right Wing
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 195 lbs
Requested Number: 22 "22 a day is 22 too many, stop Veteran suicide"

Otis Boudreaux at your service. I guess that explains what I want, to be setting up my goal scorers. I feel that my goals for my league experience are all the same, short term, mid term and long term. I want to become the best "setup" winger in SHL history. Yea, sure, goals are great, I am not going to lie, I enjoy seeing that I scored a goal. But sometimes the competition to be "that" guy can lead to an identity crisis for the team, everyone wanting to be the goal leader. I think that every person on the team needs a role, someone has to stop the goals, someone has to help defend, someone has to move the puck up the ice, someone has to be the enforcer, someone has to be the "target man" and someone has to be the one who looks to set up a better shot-taker before taking a shot themselves. So I want to create a player who has great speed, vision, passing..the perfect support player.

I want to be part of a team that has fun, but remembers this is a sim league and we are all here to win (of course) but also to have fun and not add to the stress in our lives. I want to also be part of an organization that values communication. What I mean by that is a place that doesnt mind me asking questions, lol. I like to be informed and I want to make the best choices, so I ask questions, take notes and strive to understand the bigger picture.

I like to be active, but on my own terms. I cannot say what my long-term plans are as far as league involvement. I like to do things though. I want to support the league and my team. So if I see something that interests me, I will try to get involved. To that end, I applied for, and was accepted as an Assistant General Manager in the WJC for the British Isles squad. I have learned alot already there and have met some nice people, and isnt that what it is all about?

Who knows where I go, but whoever drafts me will get someone who is committed 110% to the team and its success. I dont mind joining an organization that is rebuilding...when you start at the bottom, the only way to go is up!

Otis "The Irish Kid" Boudreaux
RW - Quebec City Citadelles - S66

There is a lot that I hope to accomplish with Julian. I came off of an 8 professional season career with my last player, Bryce McMahon, and put up some solid career numbers. This time around I got in on the earning early and am ready to rock and roll with all my affiliates so I really should never miss a PT. The hardest thing for me was earning money but now with some revamps of payout systems, I think I can really push myself to earn near max this time around. I want Julian to be a role player and have a permanent spot on a roster. I got traded around and untendered last time and want to prove that I am worthy of my roster spot.

As far as player building and such, I always love the two way player role and really want to work that into a seriously dominant penalty killer for whatever team drafts me. Honestly, just being on any of the special teams is good enough for me if there are too many defensively responsible players (which lets be real is a very unlikely situation). Individual stats are all good and cool but being on a team and looking at a year where there was serious success and saying "hey I had a real part to play in that" is what really matters. I have only had one award winning player in my sim league career so I do not want to go out there expecting anything and getting upset or something like I have seen happen before.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

I'm as new as it gets here, so it's a little tough to speak to specific goals I may have this early. That being said, my goal for this season is to take it all in, and improve as much as I possibly can. I want to be a max-earner, not only to be a good player, but to contribute to whichever team drafts me. I get that as a first year player I wont be a top pairing defenceman, and that's totally okay, but I would like to get there eventually.
I would be lying if I were to say that winning isn't important. So I guess that is goal - I would like to win a championship in the SMJHL with my draft team. I think that player success and team success go hand in hand, I want to be the best player I can be so that my team has the best tools available to win. I plan to work with my new GM on my player build to suit the whatever the team needs most.
As far as being a HOF player is concerned, I think it would be pretty damn cool to be inducted. It's a pretty exclusive group of really committed people and it would be a huge honor to be one of them. I feel like I'm getting really far ahead of myself even mentioning it, but it would be cool none the less.

Honestly, at this point I'm just excited to get drafted and meet my new team.

The goal is the hall. Everything else is a step towards the hall. Going down as legend is the thing that every kid grows up dreaming about and there's nothing more legendary in this sport than the SHL Hall of Fame. That means a lot of things. First and foremost, it means dedication to being a max earner--to help stave off regression--and building a player that works within not just the constraints of the sim, but the constraints of the team as well. Second, it means trying like to hell to win a few chips. I've got a little experience in that--I was part of one of the cup winning West Kendall Platoon teams years ago before they relocated. But it's more than just cups, it's individual awards. It's winning scoring awards, it's winning goal scoring awards, it's winning MVPs. Filling the trophy cab with anything and everything possible. Lastly, it means making connections and knowing my worth as a player. Taking the hometown discounts when there's cups to be won. Taking the big contracts when I need the extra to keep my training on the top of its game. Getting involved with everything possible and keeping up the worth of a top-tier earner.

There's a lot of stuff to be done to stay on top of everything. I think what I'm most looking forward to at this point is just geting onto a team and geting to know the boys. Get out and score some genos, hit some cellys, pick up some bitches.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

My goals in the SMJHL are to have fun and enjoy my time with my teammates. As much as I would love to win some cups and add them to my profile, ultimately that desire falls second to my desire to have a good time in my new Locker Room. I believe this encapsulates my long term desire at the SMJHL level.

Mid term I would like to be the starting goalie for whichever team ultimately drafts me. I would like to be the rock who's keeping the team steady and is always able to be relied upon. Someone like Carey Price for the Montreal Canadiens comes to mind with how reliable he's been (not counting this season due to off-ice issues obviously). He's been a staple for the organization for multiple seasons now and I would love to be that kind of goalie no matter what team I end up playing for.

Short term I just want to go to a team with people I know well and am comfortable with. As much as I would love to meet new players and cool new people, I believe having that degree of comfort with users that I knew from my time with Jack Kanoff would really help me hit the ground running in my opinion.

Ultimately I would like to prioritize fun and LR presence, then a mix of team success and individual success. Jack Kanoff was never really the recipient of any awards and I would love to see that change on Edward Elric, as selfish as it may sound.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

I am also completely new to this kind of experience and look forward to just enjoy the ride. However as in any game, I play to win and this will sooner or later be my goal. I regret not sumbling upon this project earlier since I know had exactly 1 day to prepare and advertise myself, but better than missing out entirely.
Dominik Froste is modeled after me, if I would have ever played professional hockey. Life had other plans for me and so I never really played hockey at all. Cannot even skate properly but enjoyed playing "Uni-Hockey" (basically ice hockey without ice and skates) in the past.
With Dominik I will try to live out that dream of mine, so whoever picks me up can be sure I am dedicated to the player. Long term I have no idea what my goals are supposed to be since I do not grasp every nuance of this project, but being succesful would be the best.
With all the stuff you can do here I can also see myself get more involved with administrative things or writing, if time allows for it. After all this is more or less a game I "play" in my free time, not a job.

I am really looking forward to the draft, although I will sleep through it as an European. At least I can wake up to a new team and new people and have the entirety of Sunday to make myself comfortable! Cheers!

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

While not my first exposure to sim leagues far from it, I plan to do a lot with Kayden King. With that being said, mark my words SHL, Kayden King will be regarded as one of the greatest defenseman in the game, ever. He plans to become a defensive cornerstone for his team and just bully any opposition that comes along his path.  He wants to be recognized as a guy who can strike fear into centers and wingers, with them not ever daring to challenge this 6'8 ft and 230+ pound titan of a man. No matter what team it may be, he plans to become a team leader and win some hardware. Whether it be an individual award or overall team success, the main goal is to become a Hall of Famer! A team that I would like to play for in the future would either be the Panthers or the Texas Renegades and stay close to home.

Kayden also wishes to the catch the eyes of the IIHF and help the United States become a high quality international talent. The first step would be the WJC and make a name himself there. I do also wish to try win to win 2 championship, no matter what level. It doesn't seem improbable and I'm more than willing to put the into making that a reality.

All that's left is the draft and there's nothing left except watch out for King Kayden and his reign on Defense!

My goals for the league, short term, would be hopefully to getting at least 20 games my rookie year that would be really sweet. Beyond that, hopefully a starter in my second season if not maybe splitting time. Then I could be a starter my third season? It’s really hard with this draft class and there being so many goalies I’m basically just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Mid range, I’d like to get drafted to a competitive team, but I’m not against being drafted To a rebuilding team. That goes for the SHL as well. People that know me well know that I am a decent at least, addition to a locker room and like the team aspect of the game. Long-term, because I’m not a top earner goalie may be my best bet getting a Hall of Fame player. That’s going to need some cups because I am no 2000 TPE guy. But it could be worse I could be an asshole.
All of that aside I would much rather have cups in any kind of individual award. Being able to share with everybody else is really something special. Even though the people around here a really great and they do celebrate your individual success there’s nothing like winning a cup. A lot of the league has to do with luck I wasn’t very lucky with my first player was very lucky with my second player I hope to continue that with this one.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

I don't have any specific goals set in mind for my new goalie Graj Virrok, although I suppose my primary goal should be to not have goals. Ha, goalie pun. My main thing that I want to happen is to get to go back to the Philadelphia Forge organization, who drafted me in the most recent expansion draft from Winnipeg, where I played for a few seasons after being traded from Toronto. Philadelphia has created a culture of people that I truly enjoy and conversation that is always lighthearted and relaxing. Their most recent draft cemented that, when they drafted Gabe (one of my favorite draft picks I made as a GM of the Orange County Otters in the ISFL), slothfacekilla (one of my favorite humans in all of sim leagues period), and Dirk, who is an absolute gem and someone that my PBE team traded away last season and I'm still sad about it. Honk and Ass have been nothing short of wonderful, and truly my only goal is to go back to Ass' team. I am aware that since I will be earning pretty much max I will be a bit of a stretch to be taken in the second as was my original goal, but I am hoping that they can make it happen one way or another. I really don't care about any playing time whatsoever, and my only request is that I play at least 5 games. I just care about a good locker room that I can relax in as SHL is my 4th league, and it's one that I keep around solely for the fun times like Philly is so good at fostering.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Ged Sparrowhawk is a young man who as learned the folly of glory sought via goalscoring. Ged's goal is to cause opposing team forwards to dread entering his team's zone. He will be operating as a wasp will. You will lose your cool and flail about as Ged Sparrowhawk relentlessly buzzes around you. Top skaters and puckhandlers will appeara as grandmothers as they feebly attempt to outmaneuver Sparrowhawk #8, and fail over and over. Ged will shutdown play in the defensive zone and take charge. Goaltenders will love his high hockey IQ, shutting down two-on-ones and crushing anyone who dares get cute behind the net. Ged has no interest in inflating his ego, getting fancy sponsorship deals or appearing on the cover of magazines. Ged just wants to put a wet blanket on anyone thinking they can enter his world and get away with it. Go on, come in here with your fancy moves. Let's see how that works out for you.

As a player of this game, my short term goals are to get familiar with how the game works so I can play it efficiently. Then I want to have a strong season, becoming a standout player for whatever team I play for. Long term, assuming I enjoy the game I'd like to boost my player up defensively and become a high value asset in the league. From there it all depends on the team. If I like the team, I'll stick around. If I don't I'll move on.