Create Account

(GRADED) Deepdive #2 - Nevada Round 1
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 10:40 AM by Scrufdaddy. Edited 1 time in total.)

In this deep dive I will be going over Nevada Battleborn's first round sweep of St. Louis. Nevada reached out to me when I created; and I was very tempted to join them. With numerous users whom I immensely enjoy including Jess and Mike; I am a bit bummed that I did not pay enough attention to the league to know that we were playing them in the quarterfinals. I am excited to go over Nevada's playoff games and breakdown their performances.

In Round 1 Nevada faced off against the Scarecrows. Spoiler alert, but their logo is a lot scarier than their performance on the ice. Nevada had themselves a game, putting up a total of 79 shots compared to 22 shots against. It was an absolute drubbing. Notable performances include BattleBorn star Wing Wang with an absolutely monstrous 96 offensive game rating and Dave Heinrich with a 95 Offensive game rating, and 83 overall game rating. What a statement for their first game, and they set the tone for things to come in this series. To quote the great Charles Barkley, I don't know anything about St. Louis... but St. Louis in trouble.

Game 2 was dominated in similar fashion. Featuring a 49 to 15 shots against disparity with NBB star Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson topping his teammate's game 1 performance with a 97 offensive game rating. However what few shots that St. Louis did manage to put on goal, they made them count. This game went to overtime, with Connor O'Brien sticking the knife into the Scarecrows only a minute in, assisted by Din Djarin and Lonley Stagan. This game will unfortunately be the closest scorewise St. Louis will get to getting a W.

Game 3 was much closer, despite the goal differential. With 19:44 to go in the third Nevada evened up the game 3 to 3 and were leading the Battleborn in Shots On Goal 31 to 28. It seemed like this was St. Louis's do-or-die time; however I think all they manage do do was piss Nevada off. For the rest of the third Nevada will go on to outshoot St. Louis 23 to 4, with 3 unanswered goals to beat St. Louis 6 to 3. Brilliant performance by left dman Chad Nickelback; with an absolutely hilarious offensive game rating of 98 as a defender. The power of the meme. This isn't the only great performance by Nickelback, as he's managed to completely lock the Scarecrows out of his zone for the vast majority of games one and two. All-in-all, this was likely the deathblow for St. Louis; their chance at a comeback and getting the series to 2-1 cruelly ripped away from them by their opponents from out west.

Going into game 4 the scarecrows were determined to win; but unfortunately determination and the power of friendship only works in fiction as NBB completely overwhelms their competition in the second and third period and winning what was initially a close game 4 to 3. Absolute gems by Nickelback, O'Byrne, Ekholm-Gunnarsson and Heinrich lead the Battleborn to sweep St. Louis and go into the semifinals against my own Quebec; with a lot of momentum on their side.

Please check out my first Deep Dive for the continuation of this story. While I do not go as indepth into round two as I would like, I also do not want to risk my Deep Dive being disqualified. Thanks!

@Guriinwoodo GRADED! +5 TPE

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]