Create Account

S64 Championship Week

cw pass

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Jammin

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Atlanta is a recent expansion team reaching it's first finals appearance. Chicago has been a dominant force in the league for a long time now, with their last cup win only seven seasons ago in Season 57. If you're betting on these finals, do you go for the experienced vets in Chicago, or the hungry Atlanta first-timers?
b. Chicago's lineup much more active with their sticks than Atlanta's, racking up 97 takeaways to Atlanta's 79. This late in the playoffs, how do you adjust to a team that's so adept at picking your pocket?
c. Atlanta has only 32 penalty minutes in these playoffs compared to Chicago's 45. With emotions high and the Challenge Cup on the line, do you think discipline will play a big role in this series?
d. Similar to last season's finals, we see Chicago running a balanced ice-time attack against Atlanta's targeted approach that has some players seeing sheltered minutes. Last season the more balanced attack won out. Do you think we'll see the same again? Why or why not?

a. Since I am now on the Chicago syndicate I will give the edge to the experienced vets in the cup final! They came back from a 3-1 deficit against the Texas  Renegades in the 2nd round and took the series in 7 games. They also defeated the impressive San Francisco pride in 7 games as well the previous round. The Atlanta Inferno have been an underdog story these playoffs, but unfortunately it will end in the cup finals.

(78 words)

b. Although we're in the cup finals of the S64 playoffs, that means there is plenty of game footage to analyze and game plan on how to attack/defend against your opponent in the most important games of your SHL career. Atlanta will have to be extremely careful when exiting the defensive zone against a potent Chicago team that has caused many turnovers which have resulted in odd man rushes and goals. 

(71 words)

c. Special team performance in the playoffs usually determines who will the victor and loser of a series. With FHM, it's all up to the sim engine on who it chooses to give penalties to. Hopefully the FHM sim gods will look to penalize Atlanta more because I am definitely not a Chicago syndicate player and don't want Atlanta to lose. 

(60 words)

d. From my playoff experiences, the more deep and balanced team in the playoffs usually has the better performance. A reason being because line matching is so much more important in the playoffs. If your team is balanced on all lines, it will be that much more difficult for the opposing coach to line match against your players. With that in mind, Chicago should be the favourites to win in the series. 

(71 words)

Code:
3. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Four Star Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Newfoundland has gotten 25 points in 11 games from two of their top D, Rand al'Thor and Mikko Rashford. If you're Quebec's coach, how do you adjust to Newfoundland having guys on the blue line that are just as offensively dangerous as the wingers?
b. Quebec has three players shooting 20% or better in Bertrand, Utah, and Kidd. If you're the Newfoundland defense, how do you find a way to bottle up three forwards that can't seem to miss the back of the net?
c. Looking at each teams' PDO, we see that Quebec is riding a bit of a hot streak while Newfoundland has actually been a bit unlucky. Do you think this a is a good thing for either team? Is Newfoundland bound to find some luck, or are they going to get stuck in a rut? Is Quebec going to come back down to Earth, or did they get hot at the right time?
d. Newfoundland has appeared in all 4 of the last SMJHL finals and won 3 of them. Quebec, a consistently strong presence in the SMJHL, has a lot of playoff success behind them as well, having won several series since their last 4 Star in S58. How do you approach this series mentally on either side? If you're Newfoundland, are you worried your streak can't last forever? If you're Quebec, do you fear that you can't take down a goliath?

a. If I was the QCC coach and was determining how to defend against NL's top D pair of Rand al'Thor and Mikko Rashford I would look to have a "checking" line be matched up against them if possible. Also, if their D is actively in the offensive zone than that means it's more likely to have an odd man rush going the other way if NL turns the puck over so can look to capitalize on those chances. 

(78 words)

b. Having a 20% shooting percentage in the playoffs is pretty unsustainable so surely they can't keep that up in the cup finals right? But if I was playing defense for NL, I would look to keep them to the outside of offensive zone and make them shoot the puck from bad angles and pray that my goaltender can make easy saves. 

(61 words)

c. For all of the SMJHL's sake, we can only hope that QCC continues to play out of the world and defeat the two-time defending Four Star cup champs because we don't need to see NL win a 3rd straight cup. I hope that QCC can continue playing out of their minds for these potential 7 games! 

(56 words)

d. On NL's side this is likely the last time they will have such a dominant team because they will be losing a lot of their 425 TPE players to call ups next season. Also the J will be eliminating 5th season J players in S66 so J lifers will be no more the season after. For QCC, they were able to take down Detroit and Colorado on the way to their cup appearance. If they can take down the last juggernaut of the league, then this will be a cup run for the history books. 

(95 words)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Cup Check (150 words min.)
Which league has the more prestigious cup in your opinion, the SHL or the SMJHL? Which cup is harder to win? A lot is said about the different skill sets required to GM in each league, so which do you personally think is tougher to manage? Is a trophy case with three Four Star Cups as cool as a trophy case with three Challenge Cups? Maybe you think it’s even cooler. Why?

I would say that the SHL has the more prestigious cup in between the two leagues. The SHL has 20 teams while the SMJHL only has 14 teams, so the SHL has 6 more teams that are competing to win. There is also no TPE cap on players in the league whereas the J has a 425 TPE as the max for its players. I think in the SHL it would be more difficult to manage players because there are more personalities to manage in the SHL compared to the J (in my opinion). I also hear that the SHL GM chat can be a bit more ruthless compared to the SMJHL GM chat. 

I was able to win a SHL challenge cup back in S49 and could remember how tough it was (even though I was in my sophomore season in the league), because the EDM team had to overcome formidable teams and we were not favoured to win the cup back then in the STHS era where randomness could happen more compared to FHM. 

(176 words)

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Team 150 words min
You have to create the perfect SHL or SMJHL line for your player to be on. Who do you put on your line and why? Is it something about their style of play that compliments yours? Does it only include players from the present, or do you dip into the past to find an incredible D pair? Or are you just choosing your friends ‘cause they’d be fun to win the cup with?
If I had the ability to create my own dream team in the SHL, I would definitely choose some of my friends that I have become acquainted with so far during my time as "Ben Jammin". 

F - Aksel Fiske Rage @mer has been one of the standout users from the S62 draft class and it was no surprise when she went 1st OA in the SHL draft, she is extremely nice, friendly and overall a great person to have entered the league. Any team would be lucky to have her in their organization.

F - Kev Kevens pride @Keven I have enjoyed our friendship we have developed over the past couple of months and you are someone I can go to for advice (especially when it comes to fantasy). Happy to have seen the pride have a deep cup run this season, y'all have a bright future ahead!

F - Spack Jarrow  Aurora @High Stick King You are a great person and wish I could chat with you more! The sigs you have made so far in the league, have been phenomenal and can only dream of when you open up your sig shop once again. The demand will be through the roof, because people know you produce top notch sigs!

D - Mikko Rashford  Aurora @RashfordU Always love chatting with you in our rookie chat and I hope one day you won't get 1st in fantasy so some of us S62 people can catch up to you in TPE

D - Zayne Dangle Stampede @Vaxlare Once upon a time we were going to be the future D pairing in MTL, but it didn't come to fruition. Hope you have a great career over in Buffalo.

G - Mat Smith syndicate @Matteo This won't exactly be a "dream team" since I'll actually be playing in front of you next season in Chicago! I'll be sure to make you face lots of breakaways 

(317 words)

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Be Nice (100 words min.)
I’ve seen this prompt used from time to time and I think the end of my first full season as PT director is as good of a time as any. Use this 100 words to give a compliment to someone in the community that you appreciate! Whether it’s a friend, a GM, a PT director, or one of those amazing folks that designed the card website– try to make someone smile with some kind words!

I would like to thank a few groups of people this season. The S62 draft class has and is still a great server to be in, where we bully, complain and poke fun at each other. We're going to be starting our SHL journey next season so it'll be cool to see how we all do as rookies next season! 

Next, I want to show appreciation for QCC as they have weekly game nights where the vibes are fun and chill and it's fun to interact with other players in the league (even people outside of QCC join in like me).

Lastly, I want to thank the Chicago syndicate team for bringing me in and welcoming me to their family. I am extremely excited to begin my SHL journey with y'all next season! 

(133 words)

Total: 19/16 (did an extra prompt, in case I got trivia wrong)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 10:08 PM by SFresh3. Edited 1 time in total.)

Updater CW Pass
3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 16 TPE
1 + 7 + 8 + 11 + 13 + 16

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Fresh

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. Just link your Milestone claim below this task for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Milestones +3

Quote:8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Recovery

Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, you’ve gotta' find time to heal up some of the injuries you’ve earned over the season. Show me your player doing their favourite relaxation or resting routine, whether it’s for physical wear-and-tear or mental exhaustion, how do you fix yourself up?
[Image: HveqjZj.jpg]

Quote:11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Ice Cream Party

OK, so maybe you didn’t win the cup, but the real cup is the friends we made along the way! Coach promised your team a party for all the hard work you put in this year. Show me your team at an ice cream / pizza / bowling party celebrating their season. Include a couple of players and show me some hijinks you’re getting up to in what is almost certainly a children's venue.
[Image: fdOvDZs.jpg]

Quote:13. Graphic, 2 TPE, Put a Ring On It

No, this task isn’t going away yet. I’ve decided it can stay… for now. Design a championship ring for either team, you may use the fancy ring site. Here's a link: https://designer.trophysmack.com/product...zU2Mjk2Mjk=
[Image: hGphxqp.jpg]

Quote:16. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)

Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!
It is pretty simple, I choose Japan because I am a huge weeb.  I have always been fascinated with the culture and language of Japan since I was in middle school, and have been watching way too many animes since then.  When I found this site back in May of 2020, I took a look at the “Country Needs” and saw that Japan was in need of Forwards at the time, which fit perfectly with what I was going to create.  So, I decided to simulate one of my dreams and be an ice hockey player that was born in the great country of Japan.  (105 words)

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

GM CW Pass

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

CW pass

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2022, 06:46 PM by Evil_AllBran. Edited 10 times in total.)

Code:
Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

cwtrivia

Code:
Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Recovery
Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, you’ve gotta' find time to heal up some of the injuries you’ve earned over the season. Show me your player doing their favourite relaxation or resting routine, whether it’s for physical wear-and-tear or mental exhaustion, how do you fix yourself up?

Link

Code:
Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Cup Runneth Over
You won the cup! Or maybe you didn’t! Either way you somehow got your hands on the cup for a day, and you can’t wait to show it off at a big party. But what’s this? Every pot, pan, bowl, and serving dish has gone missing? Guess you have to cook your victory meal in the cup! Show me your player making a big meal in the challenge cup. What are you cooking? Does the cup actually work surprisingly well for it, or is it a big disaster?

Link

Code:
Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Slogan’s Run
Somehow we made it all the way to the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup Finals and nobody told the graphics guy to make a cool splash screen for the broadcast! Create a pre-series image to get people hyped up for the finals, including a catchy slogan that tells people who’s playing. Bonus points for a good pun or rhyme. (Legally I have to say bonus points means I’ll up-rep you. There will be no bonus TPE.)

Link

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Ice Cream Party
OK, so maybe you didn’t win the cup, but the real cup is the friends we made along the way! Coach promised your team a party for all the hard work you put in this year. Show me your team at an ice cream / pizza / bowling party celebrating their season. Include a couple of players and show me some hijinks you’re getting up to in what is almost certainly a children's venue.

Link

Code:
Code:
13. Graphic, 2 TPE, Put a Ring On It
No, this task isn’t going away yet. I’ve decided it can stay… for now. Design a championship ring for either team, you may use the fancy ring site. Here's a link: https://designer.trophysmack.com/productdesigner/index/index/id/97/template/MTUz/cid/MzMwMDA2MzU2Mjk2Mjk=

Link

16/16

Safety points in case trivia is wrong:

Milestones:

Assists: 32 or more = 34
Special Points: 7 or more = 8
GWG: 3 or more (check the link above) = 3

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

GM CW pass

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 02:36 PM by Snussu. Edited 1 time in total.)

cw pass

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2022, 11:48 AM by Valpix. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
3 TPE
Waffle

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Atlanta is a recent expansion team reaching it's first finals appearance. Chicago has been a dominant force in the league for a long time now, with their last cup win only seven seasons ago in Season 57. If you're betting on these finals, do you go for the experienced vets in Chicago, or the hungry Atlanta first-timers?
b. Chicago's lineup much more active with their sticks than Atlanta's, racking up 97 takeaways to Atlanta's 79. This late in the playoffs, how do you adjust to a team that's so adept at picking your pocket?
c. Atlanta has only 32 penalty minutes in these playoffs compared to Chicago's 45. With emotions high and the Challenge Cup on the line, do you think discipline will play a big role in this series?
d. Similar to last season's finals, we see Chicago running a balanced ice-time attack against Atlanta's targeted approach that has some players seeing sheltered minutes. Last season the more balanced attack won out. Do you think we'll see the same again? Why or why not?

3 TPE
a. Atlanta is probably better than you'd think; the points gap of 19 during the regular season doesn' tell the full story when the goal diffs were fairly close. That being said, in the playoffs experience can make or break you. Atlanta's a very good team, but I still think this is the Syndicate's Cup to win.
c. Without readily available power play and penalty kill numbers, I'm not really sure we can measure the impact of these penalty minutes. I would imagine that Atlanta's PK has been augmented by the white-hot form of Evgenii Petrov; he was nothing special in the regular season, but has been on another planet in these playoffs.
2d. Playoffs can often be taken over by one or two guys, which would favor Atlanta. But there's also the question of stamina. When your top line guys are playing 21, 22 minutes a game, They're going to need to pace themselves; they won't be at 100% that whole time. Whereas when you're deep like Chicago, you're able to go full throttle for more and it makes you a matchup nightmare; there's nowhere to hide when the lights come on.

Code:
3. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Four Star Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Newfoundland has gotten 25 points in 11 games from two of their top D, Rand al'Thor and Mikko Rashford. If you're Quebec's coach, how do you adjust to Newfoundland having guys on the blue line that are just as offensively dangerous as the wingers?
b. Quebec has three players shooting 20% or better in Bertrand, Utah, and Kidd. If you're the Newfoundland defense, how do you find a way to bottle up three forwards that can't seem to miss the back of the net?
c. Looking at each teams' PDO, we see that Quebec is riding a bit of a hot streak while Newfoundland has actually been a bit unlucky. Do you think this a is a good thing for either team? Is Newfoundland bound to find some luck, or are they going to get stuck in a rut? Is Quebec going to come back down to Earth, or did they get hot at the right time?
d. Newfoundland has appeared in all 4 of the last SMJHL finals and won 3 of them. Quebec, a consistently strong presence in the SMJHL, has a lot of playoff success behind them as well, having won several series since their last 4 Star in S58. How do you approach this series mentally on either side? If you're Newfoundland, are you worried your streak can't last forever? If you're Quebec, do you fear that you can't take down a goliath?
4 TPE
a. Newfoundland is stacked virtually everywhere, but Rashford is, by raw points, the highest scoring D in J history, and al'Thor has been elite all season as well. It's tricky to shut them down because they can pass or deke their way out of danger or turn on the jets and fly up the ice. I think blocked shots *can* be overrated, but in this case shutting down their ability to get the puck to the net might be your best bet.
b. To be fair, Bertrand has done it on such low volume that I'm not really sure that the shooting percentage matters. Kidd and Utah are much more pressing concerns, especially with Playoff Aksel Fiske lurking around them, and we've seen what Fiske can do when you give him the space. Plus, I mean, you have all the depth in the world, you can simply just outscore them.
c. I think raw PDO isn't particularly useful here; context does matter. QC has had two matchups against teams very similar to themselves; they finished with just four more points than the Falcons and BattleBorn, their playoff opponents, while Newfoundland was able to put it in cruise a bit more with a 63 point gap to Carolina and 18 point gap to Colorado.
d. Psychologically, this is a fascinating series. The Berserkers have been here done that before, but them winning this year's Cup is seen as a foregone conclusion, so there's a ton of pressure on them to finish the job. The Citadelles, on the other hand, have zero pressure - you want to win, obviously, but they're a team in a rebuild that came ahead of schedule. And just ask Colorado from last season what happens if you sleep on this group with no expectations.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Cup Check (150 words min.)
Which league has the more prestigious cup in your opinion, the SHL or the SMJHL? Which cup is harder to win? A lot is said about the different skill sets required to GM in each league, so which do you personally think is tougher to manage? Is a trophy case with three Four Star Cups as cool as a trophy case with three Challenge Cups? Maybe you think it’s even cooler. Why?

3 TPE
Oooh, this is a fun one. The SHL is obviously the big enchilada, it's the pro level, it's where you *want* to play, where the lights shine brightest. In both leagues the playoffs are probably a bit too big and too easy to make (unless you're Great Falls, who ended up missing the J playoffs on virtue of being in a loaded division while worse teams got in because of the constantly-changing divisional setup). So in that case, I would probably say it is harder to win the Four Star Cup, just because you've got a hard time limit that's getting smaller next season. 5 seasons is not a ton of time, and if there's that one absolutely loaded team like Newfoundland the last few seasons, your chances are microscopic. In addition, the teams are a bit more static in the J with free agency not being a thing for established players.

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE - Milestones

16/16

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

GM CW Pass

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 04:28 PM by Yagoyi. Edited 1 time in total.)

GM CW pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2022, 06:51 PM by Tesla. Edited 1 time in total.)

0. Affiliate PBE/ISFL PT 3 TPE
PBE
ISFL
One of these should be good just to be safe.

Code:

Please

Code:

A. Agent Tesla: Alright this is a pretty easy one as the first part of this odd interviewing process wants to know what team we think will win and gives some explanations about the two. I am pretty confident neither of us need to look beyond the fact that Chicago is the team that drafted Dave and so I will hope that they will win. If I were to bet it would be against them though so as to reduce feeling extremes which I am opposed to for personal reasons.  Dave?

Dave Heinrich: Well if I were called up I could not bet against them, but even so I cannot bet against my team. I am all in for Chicago.

Agent Tesla: Well said! B. Continuing from there Chicago has an eighteen takeaway lead heading into the big series. What do you do to counteract that sort of disparity Dave?

Dave Heinrich: The biggest thing is to not let it get into your head I would say. You make it this far and you need to just be able to trust in the hockey that you have been playing so far. Do not try to change things up too much, and just go out there playing like you know you can.

Agent Tesla: That is fair advice. Although I do distinctly remember a famous sports moment that involved the coach telling his team to go against their instinct and previous game plans to set up a strategy that ended up making it into the Hall of Fame. Have to agree that usually it is best to just go out there and do what you do best. C. Now Atlanta meanwhile has a thirteen minute lead in penalties and so with everything on the line how do you expect that to impact things?

Dave Heinrich: Chicago are fighters from what time I have spent in the locker room. They love doing things the hard way and I wholly expect them to do the same here. Honestly though I just do not see it making a difference in the games themselves as I expect the rest of the team to step up for any missing muscle on the ice. Should be a good competition though!

Agent Tesla: I am inclined to agree with you on those points Dave. Going to be tough, but hopefully doable for our friends. D. Finally Chicago is using a balanced approach to usage times whereas Atlanta is focusing on bringing their biggest gun out the longest. Last season balance won out, but do you think we will see the same?

Dave Heinrich: I think I have to go back to what I said already about strategies and that is to not wreck what got you there. You got to dance with who you came with and all that. Whether that means prioritizing your superstars or making use of your depth.

Agent Tesla: Overall I would agree, although in the sport I favor I can say the biggest difference maker is depth. The majority of positions I want to see a good strong rotation rather than relying on a few big names. I believe that covers it all and so thank you for your time!

Code:
Word Count: A=123 B=151 C=119 D=140

Code:

A. This one is an easy one as if you absolutely positively need to adjust to a five man offense then simply get one of them sent off the ice. Hire a private investigator to dig up as much dirt on the two as possible and pass it on to your mouthiest player to bait them into a fight. Get them in the box and just hope your power plays make the difference at the end of regulation.

B. Well the above answer would also apply to this one, however in the interest of fairness to properly answer all the prompts the key in my mind is to instead counter with our strength. They may have three ace forwards who are all hyper accurate, but I have two ace defenders that can combo with my own multitude of fantastic forwards. Turn the game into a shootout and watch the five over three advantage carry me to the cup.

C. I am going to open with the completely honest fact that I have not a clue what PDO is and looking it up gives me Pacific Decadal Oscillation or Pimco Dynamic Income Opportunities Fund. Even after looking at a site for acronyms all I got was Paid Days Off. So first off I do not think differing vacation time matters here. Now regarding luck that very much depends on if I am wearing my meta hat or not. Meta hat on and previous luck has no bearing that we know of or the sim is hot garbage as it should be essentially a random number generator based on stats. Meta hat off and previous luck means nothing as you make your own luck in sports. If you win by a lucky bounce or lose by a lucky bounce does not matter as you should not have had a game that close anyway.

D. Well this is simply a matter of having faith in yourself that you can accomplish what you set out to do. When it comes down to it you need to believe in yourself regardless of what challenge you are taking on. Therefore as Quebec I would believe in myself as the person who has taken a perennial contender to the big game and that I can logically do what it takes to win it all. Meanwhile if I am Newfoundland I trust that I can do what I have already done before one more time. Have to say it also helps to have trust in your teammates, but if you can dominate the ice as a lone absolute existence that will be enough at this level I would say.

Code:
Word Count: A=77 B=79 C=152 D=129

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Team 150 words min
You have to create the perfect SHL or SMJHL line for your player to be on. Who do you put on your line and why? Is it something about their style of play that compliments yours? Does it only include players from the present, or do you dip into the past to find an incredible D pair? Or are you just choosing your friends ‘cause they’d be fun to win the cup with?

Okay I had to look up what a line is for this and it says that the three forwards are called a line and the two defenders are called partners. Going by that I would just have to list the two wings that I want to partner Dave up with which would be easy enough, but I would not feel right without including defense as that tends to be where I specialize. So defense first I would quickly grab my good friends Adelie de Pengu and Melvin Majestik-Moose because there are no individuals in the history of the league I would rather win with than those two.

Now obviously Dave is going to be my center by the logic of this task even though I would rather replace him with someone more likable such as any of Corey's players as I would love win with him. After all I hate Dave even though he is my player; which is why he is my player as I needed someone I felt comfortable torturing as I still do not understand this sport. The wings though feel as natural to me as breathing to pick after confirming that they were forwards as I just go get Gunnar & Jean-Uhtred to play for this theoretical dream team. No pair on the ice is going to have a better chemistry and they are also two terrific people I would be happy to win with when all is said and done.

Code:
Word Count: 245

Code:
17. Written, 2 TPE, Substitute Teacher (100 words min.)
Hello! I am 11 years old, and as a part of the SHL Community Outreach Program– you, a famous hockey player, have to teach my Geography class in 15 minutes! You have to tell me and my classmates a couple of fun facts about your player’s IIHF country! Jump on Wikipedia or whatever and search up something weird or fun about where your player is from that I wouldn’t know! Get wacky, or get scholarly for all I care! Maybe you’ll actually learn something cool!

Agent Tesla: Hello tiny human children I am Agent Tesla here today with my client famous hockey player Dave Heinrich to teach you all about the IIHF country we recently joined that is known as Sweden. Isn't that right Dave?

Dave Heinrich: That is indeed what we are here for and before I say anything else good luck kids.

Agent Tesla: Excellent! Now the only thing that you kids need to know is the glory of the King known as Carl XVI Gustaf who as far as I am aware rules the entire territory as an absolute power recognized as sovereign. While working for the team Dave is to dedicate all of his heart and soul to seeing to it that his country is well represented in the IIHF lest he be executed for treason.

Dave Heinrich: You know I am not actually a Swedish citizen right? That is not how this works.

Agent Tesla: No you are not, but I gave him the right to execute you anyway! Seems only fair since he was kind enough to give me citizenship.

Dave Heinrich: Wait, what!?

Agent Tesla: Thanks for your time kids and we will see you next time!

Code:
Word Count: 199

Sixteen TPE please and thank you!

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

CW Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

cw pass

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway