CW Trivia

nashy

Milestones

Here

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

pablo

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. Just link your Milestone claim below this task for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Cup Check (150 words min.)
Which league has the more prestigious cup in your opinion, the SHL or the SMJHL? Which cup is harder to win? A lot is said about the different skill sets required to GM in each league, so which do you personally think is tougher to manage? Is a trophy case with three Four Star Cups as cool as a trophy case with three Challenge Cups? Maybe you think it’s even cooler. Why?

In my opinion it's harder to win the cup in the SHL over the SMJHL. The SMJHL has a very high turnover rate for players so teams have an easier time creating a window to compete in whereas the SHL is more of a long haul effort to win the cup. If you join a rebuilding team it could be months before you taste any sort of success which could result in players going inactive. In my opinion it is much harder to be a GM in the SHL because of this. You have to keep your players active and updating if you want success and have to have everyone buy into the vision. You're much more likely to see an SMJHL team go on a miracle run (historically this is right I think) because of the closer TPE counts between the teams. Both are prestigious trophies to win but the challenge cup just seems a bit more important than the four star overall.

164 words

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Benjamin Button
Somehow you caught a stray magic spell while you were out grocery shopping, and now you’re aging backwards! Your mind and skills stay sharp, but your body is getting smaller by the day! Show me your player as a child playing in an SHL game. Is it a surprising advantage? Is your player doing well, or getting absolutely destroyed?
[Image: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzSHL_CW_1_copy.png]

Code:
13. Graphic, 2 TPE, Put a Ring On It
No, this task isn’t going away yet. I’ve decided it can stay… for now. Design a championship ring for either team, you may use the fancy ring site. Here's a link: https://designer.trophysmack.com/productdesigner/index/index/id/97/template/MTUz/cid/MzMwMDA2MzU2Mjk2Mjk=
[Image: unknown.png?width=663&height=663]

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Be Nice (100 words min.)
I’ve seen this prompt used from time to time and I think the end of my first full season as PT director is as good of a time as any. Use this 100 words to give a compliment to someone in the community that you appreciate! Whether it’s a friend, a GM, a PT director, or one of those amazing folks that designed the card website– try to make someone smile with some kind words!

I'd like to compliment @hotdog and @goldenglutes for making an amazing team that I am incredibly glad to be on. We've got such a fun group in Atlanta and I love talking to everyone in there every single day and all the dumb jokes and memes we've shared. Every single person in the server rocks and I'm very glad to call them a friend. Without this team I'd probably be inactive again and have no interest in SHL but you guys made it fun again and I can't wait to win a cup with you all in the very near future. @micool132 @Mr-Finland @RenoJacksonHS "@Gordon Bombay" @5ympathies @CaptainCamel @Gwdjohnson @Duff101 @Z-Whiz @Mori @sakrosankt @Leppish

16/16

[Image: Jepox.gif]

PBE Affiliate (3 TPE)

Task 1 (+3 TPE):
MATLAB

Task 2 (+2 TPE):
a.) Without question, I would place my hopes and bets on the Atlanta Youth. I know that this is just my heart speaking because I just want somehting good to come to Atlanta for once, but I also believe that the FO has finally gotten the right mix of youth and skill to push them to the cup.

b.) Sometimes, the best way to counter a team that may as well be playing as theives is to play the watchful puck protector. Not as much forward and risky passes will be needed as that will just get snatched with ease. Instead, play with your defenseman, and use your body and pace to slip by the opportunists.

Task 4 (+3 TPE):
The Challenge Cup is one of the most storied cups in global sports. Considered the holy grail of Ice Hockey, few could even imagine how it would become the icon of the fledgling SHL in Season 1. The humble orgins of the cup came from one of the founding staff members, Taylor Straus Challenge. The rumour was that when he arrived into one of the season 1 preseason games, he always held a special suitcase with him to store his precious cup that he won in a slapshot contest. Apprently by then, one measured the skill of a hockey player by who could hit the hardest and fastest shot, and Challenge had one hell of a shot oh him. That cup was one he cherished for a long time, but watching the preseason games gave him the feeling that the cup needed a higher sense of purpose, rather than being just a nice memorabilia. So he went straight to the front office, and presented the cup with all its splendor. It was said that the papers and deal only took a further 20 minutes, and the rest was history.

Task 7 Milestones (2 TPE)

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

7. +3 milestones

[Image: png_20230208_222443_0000.png][Image: johanseen.jpg]