Create Account

S64 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 09:57 PM by Tonzy.)

3. The fans love Iam Downski so much that the best way to give back to the supporters would be to hand out a promotional t-shirt with the simple slogan: "I am Down!" An iconic slogan that many supporters of the Russian Right Winger have embraced and there is no reason to not lean into it and give the fans what they want. The promotional item will be given out during the first game of playoffs. The shirt will be a dark forest green with white lettering to make the words pop off the front of the shirt. It will really add to the forest vibe the timbers wanted in the playoffs. (111 words +2 TPE).

4. For this magazine cover we are going to look at an iconic matchup between two amazing goalies. We will be looking at the goalie, Base Pack, of Carolina and the iconic net minder of the Maine Timber, Adam Rage. Both goalies have had stellar seasons and they will be the ones predominantly guarding the creases during the opening round of the playoffs and the supporters cannot wait to se what these two can do! Both goalies have overperformed this season and posted plenty of shut outs, and both have been compared to a brick wall and that description could not be more fitting for these two titans of goalies! (109 words +2 TPE).

8. Iam Downski was overall very happy with his performance in his rookie season. The team did not perform as well as they were hoping and Downski was hoping for a bit more of an impact. While 29 points is a respectable start to his rookie career, he knows that he could have done better and that there was plenty more goals which he could have scored. This not only would have helped him individually but the team as well. First, Downski will be looking to bounce back with a much better ability to shoot the puck affectively. Right now Downski is struggling getting into the best position possible to maximize his scoring chances. So look for Downski to work on his strength and balance to take advantage of that all star shooting accuracy that will leave goalies looking like swiss cheese all season long! Other than that there is not much that Downski will be focusing on this offseason and he is very content with his inaugural season! (168 words +3 TPE).

9. I think the most exciting series was also the most sad series for us over here in Maine. There has not been a lot of upsets in playoffs and anytime there are some upsets in the SMJHL that is something that can be considered very exciting. While it was not a series that went all the way to game seven, it was a series that was built on 1 goal wins and last second efforts. Game 1 went the way everyone expected with the Maine Timber taking care of business and looking in control with their elite goalie Adam Rage guarding the net. From there though Carolina took back game 2 with a dominating performance from Base Pack and then following that Rage bounced back with another key performance to take game 3. I am sure by now you can see the pattern that is emerging and this series continued to stay a nail biting goalie battle that provided entertainment and heart break for all that watched it! (168 words +3 TPE).

10. For next season, there is only one thing that the Maine Timber should be thinking about, and that is just how many goals Iam Downski is going to score next season. While the young rookie from Russia did not have quite the standout season that he was hoping to in his first season in the SMJHL, he definitely got some valuable experience in his first season in Maine. One of the best things that Downski picked up from this season is the ability to comprehend more than just 3 words in the English language, and this ability to communicate can only be beneficial to Downski and the Maine Timber team next season as Downski looks set to score 20+ goals. These goals are something that can hopefully change the fortunes of the Timber next post-season and lead them all the way to the promise land where everyone knows this team belongs. Maine Timber fans everywhere should be looking forward to watching the goal-scoring Russian next season. (166 words +3 TPE).

11. Downski only has one thing on his mind this off-season and that is to finally swim with the whales in Maine. Now I know as you read this you are probably thinking, doesn't he mean dolphins? Like swimming with Dolphins? And the answer to this question is no, definitely not because Downski's favorite animal is the whale! The way a creature of such size and magnificence just moves gracefully through the water has always amazed Downski, so this summer Downski will be spending almost every weekend in the frigid cold, deep waters of the Atlantic swimming with the majestic creatures of the deep. Deep down Downski has a small hope that he will be swallowed by a whale this summer, thus becoming one with the magnificent beast over the off-season only to emerge back to shore come time for training camp stronger and more dangerous on the ice then ever. How might this work you may be wondering? Well tune in next season to find out. (166 words +3 TPE).

[Image: Oa8OpwNyDg-K2JwGMV_wCV9Yt4_2wZc5y5QPLUXn...authuser=0]

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Requirements: 150+ words.

I (Perry ThePlatypus) will once again be
taking time off to be catching up on saving and
protecting the tristate area from the wrath of the evil
(yet incompetent) doctor doofenshmirtz. I usually am able to stay
pretty in shape and nimble during the off season with catching up on
my spy work. I also hope to catch up with my family and see how Phineas
and Ferb are spending this summer, it always seems to be something exciting.
Maybe they'll make a hockey rink or stadium in the back yard that would be
pretty neat for sure. Don't think I would be able to play there when they're
around though because that would certainly blow my cover as a sentient
platypus secret agent/hockey superstar. Anyways, looking forward to catching
up on my work and spending time with the people that
matter the most, looking forward to next season!

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

In his spare time Perry volunteers with big brother big sisters and has a little
platypus brother (pat) which he not only mentors but does a ton of fun activities with! Perry believes that everyone should get the chance
to have positive adult mentors in their lives to help lift them up and have a space
to be themselves. Perry and his little love to practice hockey together as well as
watch games even hang out after games Perry is playing in! Pat wants to be a hockey
player just like Perry when he grows up. In addition to being a big brother for Pat,
Perry also donates funds to the big brother big sister orginization in order to make
sure they are able to have enough money to hire staff and hold amazing events for the
kids! Perry even donates hockey tickets to the orginization so that bigs and littles
can go watch games together with no financial burden.

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S64 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

As a player, Perry ThePlatypus's biggest strengths are certainly his positive
mentality and team spirit. Although Perry is also very nimble due to his experience
as a secret agent platypus, when you think about Perry what first comes to mind is
how he lifts up other players on his team and always encourages them to be the best
they can be. In rough situations or when they team is down by a few points, Perry
always stays composed and resilient, always wanting to do his best for his teammates
and the fans. Hockey is Perry's passion, although his day job is a bit different than
hockey, he always finds time to practice and watch film in order to be the best player
he possibly can be. This motiviation, determination, and optimism and what make Perry
Theplatypus the player you see before you. Hopefully this mentality will prove useful
in the upcoming seasons.

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

I would say that probably the biggest thing my team has to look forward to for
next season is the cohesion that will exist due to having a bunch of returning
players on the roster. I think that having players that know one another already,
on and off the ice, really help with team chemistry overall and I'm excited to see
how that plays out in the upcoming season. In addition to having a lot of returning
players, this team is ready to grind and compete at a high level no matter what it
takes to get there. Once again, with a team that has a lot of history with one
another, being eliminated has really fired up these players and really this entire
team to want more in this upcoming season. This passion and desire for wins
especially in the playoffs I think will drive this team to have a very successful
season.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Just having played my very first season in the SMJHL I would say that I'm pretty
happy overall with my performance throughout the season. Every season no matter
what level always has its ups and downs and I think I took the downs in stride
and really tried to make them learning opportunities for my future as a playing
in this league. Although there can always be improvements I think I really gave
my all to support my team and I'm excited to see what the next season brings. I
think that the more I can work on being a supportive player to my teammates the
better that I will be and the better that my team will be so that's something that
I really plan on focusing on in the upcoming season. Of course would love some more
goals and wins but who doesn't want that. Can't wait to grind next season and take
all that I have learned to grow and be successful!

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3213686

Task #3
If my team was to create a special item to give back to the fans, I’d personally invest in bobble heads of all the different Aurora players. They’d have a little stand so they could be placed on any surface at home or otherwise. Details on the future would include the player having their jersey, number, and a hockey stick. I think what would be an interesting feature for this figure is if we allowed for the players to pick what other accessories or facial expressions their bobblehead was making. This would add a unique touch to each one so that the fans could have something that wasn’t just a basic bobblehead.

(115 words)

Task #8

I think overall, I did pretty good my rookie season. There were definitely a few things I would have liked to improve on, but overall I think I did the best that I could have done for just joining the league and being new to a multitude of things. I had a great team to help me out and I think that factored into a lot of the work I was able to do. Expectations wise, I really just wanted to be there for my team and produce the best kind of player I could be for the people around me. Overall, I felt I met the expectations I placed for myself, and hope to improve as time goes on. For this season, I think I need to push myself harder, and be there for my team in any situation they may need me in. This is a new team, new league, and just new everything for me, which is exciting. That excitement is definitely going to play into how well I can improve and perform, and I’m hoping I can do what my team needs.

(186 words)

Task #10

Every team is excited for the playoffs, you work all season to get there but of course not everyone makes it to the point they would like. In terms of the playoffs coming, I think my team has to look forward to a lot. New faces, and a lot of hard work lies ahead, but I think it is very possible for us to reach the points we’d like, if not farther. With the correct effort put in, which I very much think we can do, then we could be looking at another run for the cup. As for this season, a lot of new faces, including myself and as a player, I am very excited to see what we are capable of, and what we can all achieve together. This is my first season as a SHL draftee and I’m very excited to see what my team is capable of in an attempt to run at the cup once again.

(161 words)

Task #11:

The season was very exciting, and definitely a thrill even having a run at the cup. Now, it’s the off-season and it’s the time we all hang our skates for just a little time before we are back out on the ice again. During this offseason, I’ll be looking back on the previous season and what I can improve on in my work and contribution toward the team. We had a lot of fun, and now as a new SHL draftee, I am planning, as well as looking forward to the coming season. I want to see my team in action, and see what kind of plays we can generate. These are just some of the things I will be looking forward to this offseason. Along with this, I’ll be hanging out with my team, seeing what kind of atmosphere we have. Game nights are something I definitely look forward to, as well as just spending time with everyone. This is an important aspect of being on a team to me, and I’m excited to see what can be generated with the energy we have going.

(186 words)