Create Account

S64 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 11:51 PM by TheWoZy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task #1 + 3 TPE

If I wasn't on Vancouver and I had to choose between one of the playoffs team, I would be playing for the Carolina Kraken. The first reason is that I think I can help them make a deep push in the playoffs. They finished 11th in the standings so they are a lower seed but I honestly think the team is actually good. They are one player away to be a competitive team and that player is me. They need a big defensive player who can hit hard and stop shots. Also, I was one of the best in takeaways which also give us more chance to counterattack. I would probably be playing with my fellow rookie Pass Forfeit. He's already one of the best offensive defensemen in the league but he needs a partner that can sit in the back while he goes aggro on attack. I know we can play well together because he's my best friend.

Task #7 - 3 TPE

In the first round of the playoffs, the number 6 seed Maine Timber played against the number 11 seed Carolina Kraken. It was the only upset that happened in the bracket. I'm not sure how the Timber lost but if we assume that the played poorly then I think we would had a different matchup in the second where they could be playing against the Raptors and Knights plays against the Berserks. The Knights lost to the Raptors but I think that team had the best chance to beat the Berserks. Their aggressive playstyle can give some trouble to Newfounland and potentially eliminated them which would mean we would had another champion. I don't think Maine would beat Colorado and Kelowna wouldn't too. That means the Raptors would be in the finals. Since the matchups doesn't change on the other side of the bracket we would have Colorado against Quebec City and I think Colorado would win in that matchup.

Task #8 - 3 TPE

My first season in the league was not great. We finished last in the standings. I knew we were going to struggle since we are a young team with not much experience but we only ended with 11 wins which is disappointing. I'm really a competitive person and finishing at the bottom hurt me. For my personal performance, I personally think I could have played better. I finished with a -34 this year. I had three goals and twelve points total. I want to get better on offense. We are the worst team offensively and if I can get better at passing or having a better offensive awareness, we could score more goals. Defensively, I have to be more aggressive. I finished with 77 hits but I'm looking to have more than 100 hits next year. Same thing for shots blocking, I have to sacrifice myself more so we allows less goal. I'm hoping I can make the allstar next year.

Task #12 - 3 TPE

Capy Bara is not only the chillest animal on earth but also the toughest player in hockey. He's the anchor on the blueline for the Whalers and the reason they didn't finish last in team defense. Capy Bara strong point is his defensive awareness. He finished 6th in takeaways with 45 which is the highest for a rookie. He can read the offense really well and can be really patient and wait for the opponent mistake. He can also be a brick wall. His role is to shutdown the opponent star player. He can hit really hard but also has the speed to keep up. On offense, he rarely turnover the puck which is really important for defensive defensemen. He's not the greatest offensive player but he has gotten better with his puck control and his passing. If he keeps getting better, he can easily be a top pair two-ways defenseman in the future.

Task #13 - 1 TPE

If the Colorado Raptors had made it to the finals, it would because Shoyo Hinata finally showed up and played like a MVP. I think he was the best player this season but he was really disappointing during the playoffs. As for Detroit, their goalie somehow became good because both of them were bad during the season and against Quebec. They got swept while averaging 4 goals..

Milestone - 3 TPE

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Task 3 - Item Graphic

[Image: 7OgcBEbts8wRyLAS58iyYnU-8FtUTtUor_uaO8Yb...R7yJU=s151]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 09:46 AM by Guriinwoodo. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Affiliate PT - 3 TPE

-----------------------

Task #1 - 3 TPE
If I weren't on quebec in these playoffs, I think that I would instead have been on the Battleborn as they had pursued me in Free Agency and it was between them and Quebec for me upon making my decision. I think that I would have slotted in okay with the Battleborn, I got a lot of ice time on Quebec despite being quite bad; and the Battleborn reminds me a lot of Quebec because they have a great offense, and even their dmen can bring forth some great offensive performances as well. Perhaps they could use a crease clearing dman like me to hold the line while my linemate goes and scores a billion goals and helps facilitate the offense as needed from the blue line... or fire slappies from 60 feet out idk.

The Battleborn are a great team and they put up a great fight against Quebec, so in this scenario had we beaten Quebec, maybe the outcome of the finals could've been the Battleborn winning it all?

-----------------------

Task #2 - 3 TPE
[Image: unknown.png]

-----------------------

Task #3 - 2 TPE
In honor of Quebec's historic finals run, the organization is pleased to announce that every fan in attendance will be given a candied rat on opening day next season. This special item is a dead rat; purchased from Quebec Snake Food Inc., that has been dipped in a delectable mixture of candied sugar and 8 multivitamins and nutrients, will surely be a crowd pleaser. As fans exit the game; which will surely result in a loss due to the poor play of dman Fdam Aoote, they will be able to hold up their candied rats as offerings to the bloodlusted enraged owls that swoop down from the rafters after losses and gauge out the eyes of the Quebec faithful.

-----------------------

Task #4 - 2 TPE
Q&A with Fdam Aoote
Quebec Weekly: Hey there Fdam, thank you for sitting down and talking to us.

Aoote: Thanks QW, pleasure to be here.

QW: So tell us, why do you think that Quebec has lost the finals?

Aoote: Well Newfoundland is a great team. We spent much of the time leading up to the finals preparing for them, but in the end their unique blend of skill and speed was too much for us to overcome. Dropping to them 0-4 is a bit unlucky; I think all of us in the locker room know that we could've come away from a few of those games with a W. Seems like the hockey gods decided that it was not our week.

QW: Thanks for the answer Fdam, however the correct answer to the question of why Quebec lost was, 'Because I, Fdam Aoote, am a terrible hockey player and drug my entire team down with my piss-poor performance.'

Aoote: ...

QW: Do you have any regrets about ruining your teammates who are leaving for the SHL this offseason's chances of ever winning a Four Star Cup?

QW: Do you think that if you hadn't been born a talentless hack that our city would have been able to enjoy it's first championship in over 6 years?

QW: Thanks for your time Fdam, asshat.

Aoote: Thanks QW, appreciate it as always.

-----------------------

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Fdam Aoote considers himself very, very fortunate to have made it to the SMJHL despite having zero discernable skill or even the ability to handle, or shoot... the puck. As such, Fdam is very generous in his dealings with his community because he knows that it's an absolute charity case that he is on the team; and so he gives as much as he possibly can to the area at large through his time and resources. One charitable venture that Fdam performs every morning when he wakes up is that he walks down the side of the A-30 and picks up trash; as Fdam knows that Quebec is already full of his trash play on the ice and cannot handle anymore. This event, which is called 'Aoote getting his fat booty up to help the community', has drawn quite the cult following on the internet and has resulted in numerous donations to the Quebec franchise in an attempt to help the organization pay for Fdam's plane ticket out of Quebec.

Task 5.
Seamus is a huge supporter of the kids. While not specifically a charity, the Irish dman likes to go around volunteering at different big brother big sister programs and any kind of program that caters to children. Specifically this year he went to and participated in over 50 different events. One event that stuck out to him was the first one that he attended in Nevada. He had just gotten a few practices in at the rink with the team when they got the call that there would be an off day early in the season. This was a perfect opportunity to do what he does best. He did some research and found that there was an event about 30 minutes away from where he was living. He managed to convince his roommate to give him the car (not sure how) and hightailed it out to some place called Las Vegas. He played with the kids all afternoon. He went back to that particular location at least 10 times.

Task 8.
Rookie seasons are always tough because you are starting out with very little tpe compared to the 425 players that have been down a few seasons. That being said, Seamus did particularly well in one aspect. He managed to stay positive in his +/- and also was the third best checker in the team delivering over 100 hits. If I trusted what FHM says for defensive ability though, Seamus was constantly getting less than a 50. There are definitely things I need to improve on for next season. I'm starting off by getting my physicals to the baselines that I have identified. If my player can skate better then there is a good chance the defensive capabilities will come online. I want to get my basic offense up so that I can contribute a little more to the points my team is getting. I want to be a pass first D-man and I am taking my 90 shots as a supreme failure kn the part of my build. I mean Seamus doesn't even have any shooting range so how is he going for these shots?

Task 10.
Nevada had a strong run this past season. While we are losing some of our top forwards to the regular league, we have built a good solid core with this year's rookies that should keep us strong contenders in the upcoming season. It is said that this last season was Nevada's best and Seamus was on the team. Coincidence? I think not. This upcoming season, Seamus will be even stronger. We're looking to play some strong defense and give more opportunities for our forwards to run amok. We've got a lot of draft picks in the upcoming js draft so we are looking forward to mixing up our team a bit and making another push for that cup. You'll see Seamus all over the ice making some serious moves and he hopes to lead the team to another positive goal difference again. The battleborn will be battle ready to kick some butt.

Task 11.
Seamus is looking forward to some quality downtime now that he's been drafted to new england. He's looking back to going back to Ireland for some good ol rest and recreation. He's going to head down to his favorite pub and get some pints. He's going to catch up with all of his mates and take some hikes out to the windswept highlands. Maybe even get in some rainy weather chilling that you don't get in the desert. I love me some Nevada but it's dry, and it's hot and I definitely need something far away from that. So as soon as I am given the word I am going to get on a plane and hit that nonstop to Dublin. As soon as I get off that plane it's straight to the city. Maybe I'll even go check out to see if some of my old flings are around. After I'm done with Ireland it will be off to new england to get some sightseeing in so I can see what it'll be like to be in the wolfpack. As we get closer to the season starting back up again I'll be heading back to Nevada to get some early training in. Don't want to get rusty.

Task 13.
The Nevada Battleborn have a player with the best name. That dude is Rand Al'Thor and he is just magical. I mean that name is one of the most badass fantasy characters in a long series. He builds his magic and explodes into fame. There are other names our there but his is definitely the best for now.

Milestones
+3 TPE - S64 Milestones

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2022, 09:10 AM by JR95. Edited 4 times in total.)

Quote:Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

If I wasn't a raptor, what other team could you possibly want to play for other than Nefoundland? I mean lets be honest, we don't play these games to lose a championship, everyone wants to play for a proven winner. that said I'm also going to give a second answer because it would be great to play for a team that stands a chance at taking them down and that team, if not colorado, would likely be Quebec City. I'd likely slot in their lineup in a similar way I am being used right now, on the 2nd line and in a secondary powerplay role where I don't have the pressure of top pair responsibilities. Maybe if this was next season, I could be a legit top line, top pp unit player but I don't think we are there quite yet with Dubois. His offensive game has rounded out nicely as the season progressed but he still needs a bit of work on his defensive responsibilities.

Quote:Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

The Raptors think it's really important that we give back to the fans in a way that is truly unique to the team and will leave fans with an everlasting memory of the team. Because we wanted it to be so specific to us, we went out of our way to extract and clone DNA from dino fossils allowing us to create thousands of little totally cute and harmless baby raptors. After our final home game of the season, Every fan will be given a baby Raptor to care for on their way out of the arena along with a 5 minute pickup guide on how to care for their new best friend.

milestones + 3

Task 1: If I wasn't playing for the great Anchorage Armada, I would probably be playing for another organization I really like, the Detroit Falcons. The first reason would be that they win a lot and I like winning. The second reason would be the fact that I like their vibe. Now my role on that team would be extremely similar to that on the Armada, playing as a 3rd or 4th line forward. I'd probably play Center or Right Winger, though I really do prefer Center, with my passing and puckhandling skills. I think my player could elevate their chances in the playoffs and be a good guy in the locker room who hypes everybody up and gets the mood up. The forwards on Detroit are already very good, but I think I'd be a pretty good addition to an already-stacked team that would then deserve to win the Four-Star Cup.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2022, 09:39 PM by aleks. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. 3 TPE

I would like to play for the Newfoundland Berserkers. This is mostly because i think that they are a little overpowered right now and i want an easy win. Most of the players on the roster are miles ahead of me so i dont think i would impact the roster or directly improve their cup winning chances. I suppose i would be better than the following players:

Devin Williams
Jericho Styles
Ashton King

With kelowna i was on a bottom 6 role, mostly 4th line, so i wasnt with the highest quality players. But if i were even on newfoundlands bottom line i would be surrounded by way better players, and as a result i should be producing a lot more. Since im near cap i would most likely improve the roster by a larger amount. My player seems to be producing less points and tends to offer more defense so i would fit in perfectly in a bottom 6 role.

161 words

6. 3 TPE

I have thought very hard about what players I would select for my dream team and it has to be the following:

Left Wing: Emeril Lagasse - top scorer, very good player, capped left winger, performing incredibly well in the regular season and in the playoffs as well.

Center: Alexander Mackenzie - capped center, league mvp, great player, and has worked very well with NL on their top line.

Right Wing: Pope Cowsi - Not a right wing, but hes the 3rd leading scorer of the berserkers during the playoffs at the moment.

Right Defence: Mikko Rashford - 2nd leading scorer on NL, over point per game, you probably get the pattern here, mixing offense on offense, truly unstoppable top line.

Left Defence: Rand’al Thor - who needs offense when you outscore your opponent? Endless scoring, essentially this is a pair of NLs top scoring defensemen.

Goalie: Jonas Johansson - Im going to go ahead and say that Johansson has been unlucky these playoffs, QCCs starter has a better save percentage this playoffs, but Johansson has more tpe so again im just assuming hes been unlucky.

186 words

9. 2 TPE

The Kelowna Knights vs Anaheim Outlaws was a great series, as we destroyed them 4-1. In fact, we beat them so bad they relocated to the Yukon. Very funny. We essentially beat them because we outscored them, truly. Essentially, we had more scoring throughout our depth, where as anaheim had more scoring with their top line, but not much past that. Patches especially being above ppg with 5 points in 4 games. All of our players registered a point that series. We also signed multiple good DFAs such as Tommi koivu, who registered 7 points in 12 games played. For a 155 tpe player that is pretty good.

108 words

11. 3 TPE

We, unfortunately, did not make it past the second round, but Aleksandr Iskandrov is over it and is on to better things. There is a whole draft to look forward to, new teams, new teammates, new coaches, new training staff. Iskandrov this season will get to know players in the big leagues, work with a skating coach, and watch lots of tape to improve his game for next season. Ideally, Iskandrov comes back after all this next season to become one of the top players in the league. There are rumors that Iskandrov will be headed to the Vancouver Whalers, so he may get some top line ice time next season as well. Iskandrov will also need to visit the Steelhawks training camp to take his game to the next level, as well as hiring some coaching outside of what is provided with the big club. Above all else, iskandrov looks to do some r and r at home in russia.

161 words

13. 2 prompts 2 tpe

My favourite name is going to be AlexaDemie Minads-SLATT. I do not know what is going on with this name so thats why it jumps out to me and calls to me. They play for newfoundland, so you know theyre piss busted as well. I think slatt is a reference to some rapper who talks about slime and vampires a lot as well. Playboi Carti or something. Very cool
69 words

I think rand Al thor is the most vital player for the Newfoundland regular season. Thor has scored 51 assists, 10 more than second place. Thor has also scored 64 points total, 10 more than second place out of all defenceman. Its really big to have a defenceman that can defend but also provide offense when theyre positioned on the blue line.

62 words
16. 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3211303

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Pt pass

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2022, 03:16 PM by _Blitz_. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? 150+ words.

When I first started to consider where I might go in the draft, only 3 teams really had space to bring in a goalie. Carolina had the highest pick after Colorado, so I think I would have gone there at 23 OA if Colorado hadn't chosen me at 22 OA. In fact, given Colorado's solid starter and that I drafted By-Tor to St. Louis, I expected to go to the Kraken a little more. I could have given the Kraken a solid starter a little bit earlier into the season, which would have likely improved their record a bit. Perhaps they'd have been somewhere around 28 or 30 wins instead of 22. I think the Kraken would still have won over Maine, but ultimately I don't think I'd have been enough to really swing the tide against Newfoundland in the 2nd round. If there were a Game 6, it'd be just as likely FHM's doing as mine. Statistically speaking and accounting for the Raptors being a fantastic team, Base Pack and I are pretty similar.  (175 Words)

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
Requirements: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

[Image: 7NMk7qn.png]

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season? 150+ words.

I did a lot better than I expected in my rookie season. In my experience, rookie goalies can get the short end of the stick a little more so than rookie skaters, especially given the usual time differentials. I didn't really know what to expect, but I feel mostly good about Shiny Shuckle this season, so I guess it was good. One area for improvement is definitely in GAA; I had a really good team in front of me, but it definitely felt like there were a bunch of games where Shuckle gave up soft goals. I always expected my GAA to be higher and SV% to be lower after looking at box scores to be honest. I'm looking forward to making some big jumps in performance in my Sophomore season. My goal for the S65 season is to break .900 in SV% and improve my GAA. I don't want to predict or make goals (ha) out of wins and shutouts because I know a lot of the anchoring skaters are being called up and we're going to be a little bit greener. I'm up for the challenge! (188 Words)

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S64 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player? 150+ words.

Shiny Shuckle is a walking conundrum. As he shuffles past, pads anchored around his shell and not fitted to his worm-like arms, it's almost unsettling to watch. He gives the impression of something that shouldn't be bipedal, never mind playing to the level that he has in his rookie season. It's almost a guilt trip, to have such a weary first impression as he smiles serenely and flashes his new prosthetic hands through a jerky greeting to the press staff in American Sign Language. Teammates, staff, and fans alike have touted him as the Raptors' main cheerleader through their S64 campaign, and he's as enthusiastic on the ice as on the bench. When he does have control of the crease, Shuckle is focused and flexible, posting the team's only shutout on the season and maintaining a .897 SV%, 2.74 GAA, and 19 wins in 28 games. When asked if he has plans for the SHL, he expressed cautious interest, but explained that his time in our world may be limited. "I'd like to go home," he signs. "Everyone here has been kind and I love hockey, but I miss my family and the caves in the Johto region where I'm from." Time will tell Shiny Shuckle's fate, but he's been excellent in Colorado so far. (217 Words)

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
+3 TPE - S64 SMJHL Milestones

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2022, 09:31 PM by ml002. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 1 (3 TPE):
If I could play for any other team than Anchorage right now, I would stay true to Leon's goals of winning team awards and would aim to be on the Newfoundland Berserkers. Newfoundland is the best team in the league currently and have been a consistent threat to win the Four Star Cup a long time. Their team is currently stacked which would push Leon into the bottom line, however that is not a problem for him. Leon is fully focused on team success and is more than willing to do whatever is need of him. he maybe able to take on penalty kill chances as to give the team's best player more time to rest and focus more on scoring goals. I think with Leon, Newfoundland would have the best chance to win another Four Star Cup and his ability to win and keep possession would be key to allowing the Berserkers best players a chance to shine even brighter.

Task 2 (2 TPE):
With Anchorage in the middle of a changing of the guard and focused on developing a lot of young players, the team has not been up to the same standards it has set up in the past. Leon's idea would be for a commemorative foam anchor with the motto of "Anchors Up!" The motto would be all about the team letting go and just focus on playing all out in a playoff series that they aren't expected to win. This would be for Game 3 as the first home playoff game vs the Detroit Falcons and would help the fans embrace a new era for the Armada.

Task 5 (3 TPE):
Leon Lokitonov has grown up as the son of two North American immigrants and has always been focused on using his reach to help people of all culture come together on the banner of sports and games. Leon's charitable event would be to raise money for a new local recreational center in Anchorage. The goal of this charity and new facility would be to give young people and adults a place to come together and share in the sports and culture they love while sharing their love with their local community. The other major goal would be to raise money to make sure that all kids can have the necessary equipment for all of their favorite sports and games that they may not always be able to afford. This will allow young people the ability to grow together and learn more about each other. The other function of the center would be to have a place where everyone can learn about each other's cultures.

Task 8 (3 TPE):
Leon's first season of professional hockey was all about building. Building bonds with his new teammates. Building habits that will help him become a consistently better player and can set himself up for success. Building on his skills as a hockey player and learning how he can still improve at this new stage in his career. The start of the season was tough. Anchorage is a very young team in the midst of a changing of the guard. Led by a few older players who helped the young players begin to learn how to be professionals. The team slowly improved throughout the season and Leon grew with that improvement. Finishing with almost a .5 point per game total is a good bar to set in your first year and clearly Leon has a base to build off from now. I think this was a good start to a very young career that can only get better from here.

Task 9 (2 TPE):
The best series of the playoffs was the 2nd round of the playoffs between the Colorado Raptors and the Kelowna Knights. We all know that the best series find their way to seven games and this series was no different. This series was the definition of blow for blow as neither team was able to win more than won game before the other team was able to claw a game back. Unfortunately this meant that the team that struck first won the series and that meant that after Colorado won game 1 it was always in their court. The Raptors were able to take advantage of the first blow and it ended up being the deciding factor in an extremely close series.

Task 11 (3 TPE):
With the Armada's early exit from this season's playoffs, Leon was left to prepare for the SHL draft and finding out where he will be spending the start of his SHL journey. Many would expect that with his connection to the North Stars franchise, that he may already know where he is headed, however Leon wants to grow his own legacy in the SHL. Being so closely connected with one franchise in the mind of the league may lead him to be forgotten, however this offseason will be about getting his name out to all the teams and focused on making sure they all know what his ultimate goal is. At the same time he will have to remain vigilant in his training even if it doesn't show results right away as a lot of the training you do now won't show until you get into team training camp where all the players are pitted against one another again.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Task 1:
If I weren't on the Whalers, I think I'd slot into the Anaheim Outlaws roster with my good friend and definitely not very hated rival, Billy Blazes. I think I could help them on their third pair and either powerplay unit, seeing as I am an offensive defenseman that thrives on putting the puck into places where my teammates can score. God knows BIlly Blazes needs all the help he can get, so I think with me, the Outlaws would've been dreaming about 4 Stars, not getting the Leafs treatment of a first round exit. The Outlaws are a solid squad, but I think the addition of a depth puck-moving dman who could've led the powerplay would've helped them.

If not Anaheim, I'd probably have wanted to play with QCC just to have had a shot to beat Newfoundland in the finals, but I'm not sure how that would've gone. Ideally, we could've been champs with the Vancouver kid being the hero, but we will never know.

Task 3:
The Whalers Front Office has decided to entrust me with the task of creating the object that we'd give out for the Fan Appreciation day, and I am happy to unveil it now: A whale plushie! Each one will have a Vancouver Whalers jersey with the number being 01 and the nameplate reading FANS! I thought this would be a cool way to show how much we appreciate the fans while also giving them something that they can enjoy seeing that takes very little maintenance to keep around. We also thought specifically to target the kids by making it a plushie so we can try to build our brand amongst younger fans.

Task 5:
Miroslav Ketil spent some of his free time this year at a charity fundraiser for an organization called Talon Point. This organization benefits kids with disabilities and their families who cannot afford to purchase things like wheelchairs. Ketil attends the event as a judge for the BBQ cook-off. Like all events at the weekend charity get-away, the winner of the cook-off wins the grand prize and the chance for Ketil to match any donations made up to $10,000. Miroslav also donates an undisclosed amount annually, and he loves attending it annually since it is in July, deep into the offseason. Ketil says he loves this event because his family loves bbq and he has a friend who's son was diagnosed with MS and he wants to do anything he can to help kids with similar physical conditions.

Task 6:

Task 7:
I think had round 1 seen Anaheim against Vancouver (not possible but hey, we didn't make it.), we'd have seen the upset of the century. Vancouver would've absolutely walked the Outlaws so hard they'd have to rebrand to the Malam... oh wait. Jokes aside, I think that if the Outlaws had played the Whalers, we'd have gotten absolutely trounced seeing as we have like 6 non-IA players, but what can you do? The real spectacle would've seen Billy Blazes and Miroslav Ketil battling one another, seeing an extension of their historical battles at the European Junior Championships that saw Blazes get ejected for attempting to jump Ketil who was not trying to fight the winger. It is entirely possible that B Jobin robs the Outlaws of a few games in this series, though. It would've been fun, but statistically, not likely to have been competitive unfortunately. Except that Blazes would've gotten absolutely shown up by Ketil, no shot Blazes factors into this series.

Task 8:
I think that my first season in the SMJHL was pretty successful overall, in every way but on the ice, I think. Even there, though, I was second amongst all rookies in takeaways and had a solid takeaway to giveaway ratio, a decent amount of blocks and some really solid powerplay points. Off the ice, I feel like I have made a decent name for myself amongst this class as a pretty active first-timer, going 3rd overall as the first true rookie off the board in the draft, and going to Hamilton with the 7th overall pick in the SHL Draft. I've made some good friends and have made Miroslav Ketil into a player that I think can truly be transformative for any team's blueline in the future. I look forward to more seasons with better on-ice results and hopefully more of the same off-ice fun. I also became the Whalers Co-GM which hopefully will translate to more success for myself and the team!

Task 9:

Task 10:
The Whalers future is insanely bright, you may need more than a single pair of sunglasses when looking directly at it. Acquiring Aleks' new center gives us a bonafide number one center, and we have multiple picks in the first round of the upcoming J draft which will help us supplement our core with some eager rookies. Beyond that, our core gets to take a step going into the next season, with the likes of Benjamin Surkhi-Ze-Ev, B Jobin and more all coming off really solid rookie years. We'll look to expand upon that and also wheel and deal to try to acquire more picks to grab more exciting rookies for our locker room. The Whalers are going to be set up for future success, and the heart of it will be the core that had to endure this particularly difficult first year. The Four Star Cup is closer to Vancouver than you'd think, I promise you that.

Task 11:
As previously mentioned, Ketil spends a week of his time at the Talon Point charity retreat, but beyond that, he goes back home to Czechia to workout in the offseason with his old Juniors coaching staff there, and to see his family. He also makes sure to get time in with his goaltender and close friend, B Jobin, also of the Whalers organization. These two have hit it off since day one of rookie camp and have been great friends ever since. Ketil is also an avid metalcore fan, and he tries his best to get to as many shows as he can. His newfound income due to his contract has definitely helped out on that front, but he loves to see bands like Currents and Knocked Loose in person.

On the hockey end, he also keeps in contact with his Whalers teammates and staff to stay up to speed with them, and stay on his proper nutrition routine so he can make it to training camp in perfect shape.

I am stupid and have done way too many of these so I will stop now lmao nice.

16/16

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]

TASK 11 3 TPE 
Even though the Anaheim Outlaws got eliminated in the first round there is still a lot for the players and even the fans to look forward to. First of all the team is relocating to the Yukon, and with that comes a whole new history, a chance to set a culture, and an exciting rebrand with a new name and jerseys. They are a rebuilding team with an exciting young core, and that core will become even more exciting with the upcoming draft where they won the coveted first overall pick in the draft. This gives us the opportunity to draft a real difference maker in the first round, to make our roster that much stronger going into next season. Even without winning the lottery we finished in 6th last which gives us good picks in the following rounds to add more depth to our roster. Adding on another year of development to the rookies we currently have should make the team a real threat in the future.

TASK 8  3 TPE
I believe that I exceeded expectations in my first season in the SMJHL. Billy Blazes was taken in the 5th round 62nd overall so expectations were rather low. This was after multiple teams had already passed on their draft picks so there was little fanfare towards Billy when he was drafted, but as the season wore on they grew to love him.

Scoring 14 goals and 14 assists, Billy had 28 points in 66 games played. With 0.42 points per game he had a respectable rookie season playing on the third line and on the penalty kill. Billy was also putting his body on the line night in night out with 4 fights, 67 blocks, and 73 hits.

I think he needs to work on his defensive game a bit, with him finishing the season as a -10 and having 26 more giveaways than he did takeaways. He could also try to cool it a bit on taking so many penalties if we wants to be a core piece of the team

TASK 12 3 TPE  
Billy Blazes is the kind of player you hate to play against but love to have on your team. Much like a Matthew Tkachuk or Brad Marchand type, Billy is out there being a pest every night, playing a chippy game while still putting up points. Standing at a commanding 6'3 and 211 lbs Billy is a wrecking ball on skates.

Most of Billy's strengths come in the offensive zone where he has an incredible read on the ice and can always find open space. He is also elite at handling the puck being able to dangle around defenders and then snipe it with his extreme shooting accuracy. Mr Blazes is also a menace on the forecheck coming down hard on any defenseman unfortunate enough to be in his sights. 

Defensively most of his assets come from him putting his body on the line. He is always willing to lay someone out for a big hit, or throw himself into the shooting lanes to block the shot.

TASK 11 3 TPE
 Billy Blazes is spending his offseason back home in the Netherlands. He is devoting a lot of his time to training and improving as a player but still takes time out of his busy day for the little things. He catches up with childhood friends, plays a little shinny with them at their local rink. He visits his family and tells them all about his season and what its like living in North America. He even goes back to his former team the Rotterdam Racoons to talk with his old coach and to give some advice to the young Dutch kids trying to achieve their dreams. As a former legend he was approached to drop the puck in the ceremonial face off against the Amsterdam Attackers. When he isn't visiting he takes his time training at the gym he always used to attend. Lifting weights, improving his cardio, and on the ice practicing his skating and shooting.

TASK 13 1 TPE
I believe that between the Newfoundland Berserkers and the Quebec City Citadels that Fdam Aoote has the best name. That's because it is a reference to real life NHL defenseman Adam Foote who won 2 Stanley Cups with the Colorado Avalanche. He also has two sons who are both now playing in the NHL.

Milestones 3 TPE
Milestones

PBE Affiliate
S64 Milestones (2)

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

CW pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

3. During fan appreciation night, Rocky Baljoa handed out autographed boxing gloves. It fits with the personality of this player since, like the iconic movie character, Rocky will fight tooth and nail to help his team to victory. He will keep pushing on despite any punishment the other team will give him. This item gives fans the same fighting spirit that is in Rocky Baljoa. The crowd went electric as this item was handed out during the first game of the championship week. There was a sense of awe in the air as Rocky Started handing out the gloves. It was a night to remember. (104 words)

5. The wounded warrior project was a charity that Rocky Baljoa participated in helping out with. He arranged an even where wounded veterans were able to take a tour of the Maine timber training facility and had full access to the recreational areas for the whole day. Rocky is a big supporter of the United States military and veterans, feeling that he needed to do more for these service men and women he joined up with the wounded warrior project so he could do just that. The event went off without a hitch with over one hundred veterans attending this special occasion. Many veterans told their stories to Rocky and expressed their appreciation for his time and effort to help make this day possible for them. Rocky Thanked the veterans for their service and sacrifice and was thankful to live in a country where all men could live free and equal. Look forward to more partnerships with this charity in the future! (161 words)
[9:45 PM]
8. Rocky Baljoa really showed what he was made of this season as a player for the Maine Timbers. This young man proved a vital part of this young team's defense. His aggressive nature on the ice allowed his teammates to utilize their own skills in order to pull off some amazing offensive plays that brought them far during their season. The other teams had a hard time trying to keep Rocky pinned down since physically he's a strong individual. Despite as well taking punishment from the other team as well, Rocky Baljoa carried on and did what had to be done in order for his team to make each play count. Rocky was also a great moral booster for his team when it seemed like the chips were down. He would be the center of the Maine Timber's rallying cry when it was time to really show the country what this team could really do. For only being a rookie, Rocky Baljoa has made his mark in this league. (169 words)

11. During the off season, Rocky Baljoa plans to spend some time with his wife and family. Being a professional athlete is not all glamour. Some sacrifices have to be made in order for one to be successful in this line of work. During his down time he will be taking the family to some nice secluded areas for vacation where they are free to do whatever they please without the worry of reporters or fans ruining the experience for them. After a little rest and relaxation, Rocky plans on making sure he is physically prepared for the upcoming season. Regular trips to the weight room will be a staple in his offseason routine, along. with seeing the team athletic trainer and physical therapist to make sure he can recover and prevent any injuries that could possibly come his way during this process. For now though, Rocky is going to shut his Brain off from hockey and focus on family time in peace and quiet. (164 words)
[9:45 PM]
12. Rocky Baljoa has brought many things to the table for the Maine timbers this year. For starters, he is a very aggressive player and brings the intensity towards the opposing team and making sure that it won't be an easy fight agains the Timbers while Rocky is out on the ice. Thanks to Rocky's skills as a defensive player, the Maine timbers have been able to pull off some amazing offensive plays bringing them amazing success in the early stages of their season. Rocky is a great team leader making sure everyone is focused on the task at hand and reassuring players that everyone knows each of their job. His fearlessness on the ice gives the Maine timbers and extra confidence boost when times get tough or if they are down during a game. Rocky will fight tooth and nail for his teammates if he feels that they are getting roughed up excessively. Rocky is the full package. (158 words)