Create Account

Lyle Odelein III's farewell tour

Who would have ever thought that seeing a post on r/Habs over three years ago would have lead to this.

Don't even know where to start, probably with @Nictox, he and @TML99 drafted Lyle as an unknown way back in S47 to the St. Louis Scarecrows and I was lucky enough to play with some fantastic people.  I had hoped to help bring another 4-Star Cup back to St. Louis (would have been their fourth in a row), but that wasn't in the cards and remains the only trophy / medal Lyle wasn't able to win.  That first season for the Crows solidified my choice in joining the SHL and I knew that I was in it for the long haul.  There are too many Crows teammates to name, as well as alumni that helped pave the way for Lyle's career, I can't thank you all enough!!

And if it wasn't for becoming a Crow, I would have never ended up a Specter.  When the S48 draft happened, I really had no clue on where I was going. When the Specters traded up for him, I made the decision right then, that this was the only team he would ever play for.  15 seasons later, it's time for Lyle to call it a career.  Getting drafted by New Orleans was amazing, got re-united with some of my Crow teammates and got to meet a whole lot of amazing people.  One of my favourite memories was finding out @Blastmeaway was a fellow Phish phan, take care of those shoes my friend!  Raising the cup in S54 was a feeling I didn't expect to have in a simulation league, I was so proud of everyone on the team and couldn't have been happier for each and everyone of you. To the new generation of Specters, I can't wait to see what you guys do.  Hopefully we can make some noise this season and cap off Lyle's farewell tour with a few big wins.

My Team Canada teammates.  It has been an honour sharing a locker room with all of you.  Growing up in Canada, as a kid with absolutely no hope of every wearing a Team Canada jersey, it was pretty frickin sweet playing with you guys and winning a bunch of medals and having a good time while doing it.  The 'les-habitants' channel is one of my most checked channels on Discord, and getting to talk Habs with you guys is something I hope will never stop.

Lyle didn't get any major individual achievements, he made a bunch of All-Star game squads and was named an All-Star once and got an amazing shout out by the one and only @hhh81 during an awards ceremony.  His biggest claim to fame would be his fantasy pool production.  I think he still holds the record for most points in a season, one that might be hard to touch.  I think by the end of his career, he also might own the title of most blocked shots in the history of the SHL, which would be pretty rad.

I just realized I've typed way too much and I figure I could probably do a media piece and make some card money and maybe pad the bank account a bit for my recreate, so I'm stopping now.

Until then, thanks for everything SHL, you made this guys first simulation player ever an amazing experience.  Can't wait to see what happens with my second player!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

The shot blocking machine himself. Great career!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

damn rip to a legend

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Well, I'm hoping, you're not gonna manage to snatch the most blocked shots title from Seger, but the race for that title has been one of my favorites in the league, and I'm looking forward to see where LO III is gonna end up on that stat.

Good luck for your recreate!

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Congrats on the career and best of luck with the recreate

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Stick taps to a legend. Great sim player but an even better person behind Odelein, it was a pleasure being your teammate, congrats on the career!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

We are not worthy!! Of such a fantasy legend. When I came into the league (again) with Jarmo, back in 57, you were the consensus number one guy, and stayed that way for years. What a stud.

Rest easy LOIII

What a legend. Always the No 1 fantasy pick for many seasons.

Best of luck on the recreate!

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Congratulations on a fantastic career, Huck! I know we haven't gotten to talk much, but you've always seemed like a great person and I've got a ton of respect for what you've been able to do with Lyle.

_/ _/ _/

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Congrats on a great career _/ _/ thanks for the fantasy TPE

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

_/_/_/ Lyle was a great one, and you are a great one too @Huck24 . I"ll save you a spot on the comfy rocking chairs beside Darrow

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

What a career. Lyle is one of the all time SHL greats and it was an honor to play beside you in STL back in the late S40s. I hope we have the chance to play on the same team once again with our new players. Love ya Huck <3

SCARECROW NOISES

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Legendary player, even more honorable person. Was a privilege and honor to share a team with you

[Image: 60859_s.gif]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

This man single handedly won me my first fantasy teeps, absolute legend

[Image: mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3...a5e635414&][Image: 4028.png][Image: 5431.png][Image: 5570.png][Image: 7241.png][Image: 5906.png][Image: 6149.png][Image: 7950.png]

@Huck24 you were nothing but class in NOLA. Cheers to a great career!

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread